Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,370 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10848100 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6378) (6379) (6380) (6381) (6382) (6383) (6384) ... (7741) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:21am On May 20, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
7%

Quite reasonable
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:43am On May 20, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is the source of the cash flow?

What is the cash flow yield, generated by the ones you have?

By lending out your coins, you get an interest paid to you by the borrower.
The yield varies from time to time and the platform.
Between 5 to 30%. On the average I am looking at a yield of 15%.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:51am On May 20, 2021
pluto09:

What is the collateral?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:01am On May 20, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is the collateral?

You borrow against your assets on the platform.
You are not allowed to borrow more than a certain percentage of your assets.
The probability of default by the borrower is almost nil.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 7:14am On May 20, 2021
Wapgod:
Is Polaris Bank Limited on NGX(Nigeria exchange group)?
I can't seem to find it.

It is on NASD
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:16am On May 20, 2021
pluto09:

You borrow against your assets on the platform.
You are not allowed to borrow more than a certain percentage of your assets.
The probability of default by the borrower is almost nil.

What are the additional collateral when the asset loses value as it is happening and the lender will want to recall the loans?

What is the average margin cover?

Ololo got loans of over N100 billion in 2006, he has not been able to pay the loan. He wanted to use the capital appreciation of the assets to pay back the loans. Having to sell an asset in order to be liquid and generate cash flow can be dangerous and highly speculative.

Ololo contributed to the almost collapse of Union Bank and death of some banks

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:40am On May 20, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What are the additional collateral when the asset loses value as it is happening and the lender will want to recall the loans?

What is the average margin cover?

Ololo got loans of over N100 billion in 2006, he has not been able to pay the loan. He wanted to use the capital appreciation of the assets to pay back the loans. Having to sell an asset in order to be liquid and generate cash flow can be dangerous and highly speculative.

Ololo contributed to the almost collapse of Union Bank and death of some banks

Most of the crypto exchanges which offer this kind of service has a robust system that makes defaulting by borrowers almost impossible.
It definitely carries some risk but not getting the money back from the borrowers is not an issue.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 10:19am On May 20, 2021
pluto09:

I am sure you know how many people have been duped from this lending stuff. It's never advisable... and do u know that when u lend your coins out, and after a while the market dips the borrower dont get to pay u back because he will be returning more coins to you. Borrowers will only pay u back if btc appreciates because they will be paying u lesser coins then but the lesser coins will be valued higher in USD, but, in real terms, you are getting lesser coins back.... all still na mirage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 10:55am On May 20, 2021
gabscity:

I am sure you know how many people have been duped from this lending stuff. It's never advisable... and do u know that when u lend your coins out, and after a while the market dips the borrower dont get to pay u back because he will be returning more coins to you. Borrowers will only pay u back if btc appreciates because they will be paying u lesser coins then but the lesser coins will be valued higher in USD, but, in real terms, you are getting lesser coins back.... all still na mirage.

You are not dealing with the borrowers directly.
Money is pooled together by exchangers who in turn lend the money out.
You have to have more assets than what you want to borrow so that they can easily call back the borrowed fund when the value drops to a certain threshold.
Just like I said earlier, not getting back one's fund from the borrowers is not an issue.

As much as I don't want to continue this discussion here I am not always comfortable when I see posts that don't represent the whole truth.
My last comment on crypto here for now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by handsomebolanle: 11:14am On May 20, 2021
pluto09:

You are not dealing with the borrowers directly.
Money is pooled together by exchangers who in turn lend the money out.
You have to have more assets than what you want to borrow so that they can easily call back the borrowed fund when the value drops to a certain threshold.
Just like I said earlier, not getting back one's fund from the borrowers is not an issue.

As much as I don't want to continue this discussion here I am not always comfortable when I see posts that don't represent the whole truth.
My last comment on crypto here for now.

I was waiting for this....especially your 2 last statement...

Although I don't know about the borrowing things.. but until a mind can conceive the possibilities of crypto/blockchain... you will end up wasting a good time explaining...as the response you will get will be the challenges and problems that comes with it...

I'm not a proponent of crypto and the only investment I have there is less than 20k naira grin wink... but I'm beginning to see the possibilities and review our conventional thoughts about it.. I begin to ask...what defines intrinsic value and the rest...
The Government keeps printing money and we don't question it because that's what we are expected to accept... We are made to believe regulations put in place are perfect...but you know what... the rich harnesses this opportunities.... we don't bother questioning the system even when that faults are glaring to us...
Bank will give me a loan at 15percent or not at all while a more wealthy man could be given less than 5 percent base on some defined reasons..... We choose to accept this as normalcy because that's what the society define.... China ban even gave me more interest.... grin

Crypto will need some regulations backing but it might loose its essence if regulations exist

Crypto is still in an Infant stage... My points is...let whoever embrace it do...and whoever doesn't should be left alone... The future will determine this...

Modified: Many wealthy ones are quietly on this.. or do we think Elon Musk, Jack Dorsey and likes are the one buying into it..... anyways....what do I even know sef...

Please call us for your house electrical wiring l, installations project grin...

Selah

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 12:30pm On May 20, 2021
Gentlemen stop now
This is not a crypto group undecided

You diversified your portfolio. So diversify your discussion. This is for NSE. Not crypto exchange

One or two discussions is okay but two pages of nothing but crypto. I have started looking for bitcoin on NSE grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 12:51pm On May 20, 2021
moneymanager:
Gentlemen stop now
This is not a crypto group undecided

You diversified your portfolio. So diversify your discussion. This is for NSE. Not crypto exchange

One or two discussions is okay but two pages of nothing but crypto. I have started looking for bitcoin on NSE grin grin

You will find it under "virtual assets" lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by proudlyteacher: 1:01pm On May 20, 2021
Pls where can I sell dollars to Aboki in Ibadan, na only $50 sha. Payoneer dey rip me off with their #371 rate. E go make sense if Aboki can buy for #450 above at black market rate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:09pm On May 20, 2021
I heard GSK has paid... Has anyone got alert?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:31pm On May 20, 2021
proudlyteacher:
Pls where can I sell dollars to Aboki in Ibadan, na only $50 sha. Payoneer dey rip me off with their #371 rate. E go make sense if Aboki can buy for #450 above at black market rate.

Mokola sabo; you should get 470 and above there

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:36pm On May 20, 2021
megawealth01:

Is today the payment date?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by igbosoro: 2:04pm On May 20, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Is today the payment date?

payment date is 28th of May 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:23pm On May 20, 2021
igbosoro:

So why was he expecting to be paid today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 20, 2021
megawealth01:

Why this desperate?
I hope u never broke?
See you..... see crypto currency.
Later later na still this local market you no wan invest again wan feed you.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 20, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

So why was he expecting to be paid today?

The guy is almost bankrupt.
Bitcoin wahala

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:51pm On May 20, 2021
locodemy:

Why this desperate?
I hope u never broke?

Wicked comment. At least he didn't invest all his funds on a volatile asset
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:59pm On May 20, 2021
Detailed description of investors and traders behaviour

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by proudlyteacher: 4:03pm On May 20, 2021
Agbalowomeri:

Ok thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LauraClasikVibe(f): 4:17pm On May 20, 2021
Courtville dividend landed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 4:23pm On May 20, 2021
locodemy:

Why this desperate?
I hope u never broke?
You funny eh... You no say my monies no dey finish... Na Ego mbute grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 4:24pm On May 20, 2021
locodemy:

The guy is almost bankrupt.
Bitcoin wahala
I can't go bankrupt... I have made a fortune trading CRYPTOCURRENCIES ooooo... Even Dangote dey ask of his dividends grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 4:25pm On May 20, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Wicked comment. At least he didn't invest all his funds on a volatile asset
Loco is just hilarious... Nothing to take SERIOUS
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 4:26pm On May 20, 2021
igbosoro:

Na you answer well jare... No mind loco grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:40pm On May 20, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Detailed description of investors and traders behaviour

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by azeez1271: 7:24pm On May 20, 2021
Agbalowomeri:

Withdraw to your dom account, i will always buy from you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by azeez1271: 7:25pm On May 20, 2021
proudlyteacher:

Withdraw to your dom account, i will always buy from you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6378) (6379) (6380) (6381) (6382) (6383) (6384) ... (7741) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MARKETJJC, xezoid(m), Princkez, akpumpy, IPO2002, Boshins, Ginalex(f) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.