Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,380 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10833006 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6567) (6568) (6569) (6570) (6571) (6572) (6573) ... (7732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 7:43am On Jan 13, 2022
vcente:
Hi guys, my mum gave me her share certificates from intercontinental bank. How do i change it to access and also make it electronic. Also I'm curious to know if intercontinental bank shares are still valid.

I think you should visit Coronation Registrar website, get their contact number and call them. They are the Registrar for Access bank and they should able to advise you further.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophxx: 8:37am On Jan 13, 2022
ukay2:

Full-time job ?
Yes sir. I mean investment generally actually. FX, Crypto and Stock. So trying to be perfect in one before adding the others.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:55am On Jan 13, 2022
sophxx:
I tested the water just two days ago with NSE using trove app but I came back with a loss. Please show me the way to profit. At least maybe the basics. The right apps to have, websites to bookmark, and people and others to follow. I'm trying to make this thing a full time job. It's too early to start incurring losses considering my mearger seed I have to start with.

What is the size of your fund that you want to make Investment a full time job?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:57am On Jan 13, 2022
sophxx:
Yes sir. I mean investment generally actually. FX, Crypto and Stock. So trying to be perfect in one before adding the others.

You go wound ooo

Start small, learn and grow you can take it as a full time job after mastering your strategy for about 10 years

How many bear markets, bull markets, recessions and economic depression have you experienced

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 10:00am On Jan 13, 2022
Michaelin007:
Hi everyone,
I'm new to stock. Don't have much experience.
I bought Airtel and Union Bank Share with Trove. I want to buy more, what other low risk share can I buy?
And what should I look for when buying shares ?
Thanks a lot.

Hello...

You come across like someone willing to do the hard work of learning... Believe me, only a few people are willing to learn... Unfortunately, there are no quick answers or short cuts... Only acquiring knowledge does the trick...

My advice:

1. Get either of these books and immerse yourself in them. Get both of them for good measure if you can.
- Rule #1 by Phil Town
- The five rules for successful stock investing by Pat Dorsey

2. Read all the post by a few people on this platform. When I started out, I read everything Emmanuelewumi had ever posted on Nairaland and it was a huge but free education for me.

3. Listen to my podcast. It's my little way of sharing the little I know. It's not absolute but it should stimulate your interest in knowing more.

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria

I wish you all the best...

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:05am On Jan 13, 2022
Slimdove:

At what price do you think one need to tamper optimism with caution since we believe that the price will soar.

Remain blessed for all your selfless contribution.

Hello Chief

im vested here and my guide is last tranche executed price + average inflation for last 12 months + some nominal gain (say 10% to 15%)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michaelin007: 10:15am On Jan 13, 2022
DrAwo:

Hello...

You come across like someone willing to do the hard work of learning... Believe me, only a few people are willing to learn... Unfortunately, there are no quick answers or short cuts... Only acquiring knowledge does the trick...

My advice:

1. Get either of these books and immerse yourself in them. Get both of them for good measure if you can.
- Rule #1 by Phil Town
- The five rules for successful stock investing by Pat Dorsey

2. Read all the post by a few people on this platform. When I started out, I read everything Emmanuelewumi had ever posted on Nairaland and it was a huge but free education for me.

3. Listen to my podcast. It's my little way of sharing the little I know. It's not absolute but it should stimulate your interest in knowing more.

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria

I wish you all the best...

Thanks a lot
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:25am On Jan 13, 2022
sophxx:
I tested the water just two days ago with NSE using trove app but I came back with a loss. Please show me the way to profit. At least maybe the basics. The right apps to have, websites to bookmark, and people and others to follow. I'm trying to make this thing a full time job. It's too early to start incurring losses considering my mearger seed I have to start with.

I won't advise you to use TROVE to trade on NSE if you are a Nigerian and live in Nigeria.

Trove is not a broker.

It is cheaper to use a licensed broker on NSE.

Meristem, Leadcapital, Morgan, and co are brokers with good support.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 10:43am On Jan 13, 2022
robobo:

Hello Chief

im vested here and my guide is last tranche executed price + average inflation for last 12 months + some nominal gain (say 10% to 15%)

Noted,My Oga
Thanks �
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2022
Eku transcorp's time o grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 11:12am On Jan 13, 2022
Valueinvestor:
Eku transcorp's time o grin
Just 10/%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RodgersAkpafu: 11:22am On Jan 13, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

I won't advise you to use TROVE to trade on NSE if you are a Nigerian and live in Nigeria.

Trove is not a broker.

It is cheaper to use a licensed broker on NSE.

Meristem, Leadcapital, Morgan, and co are brokers with good support.

How about using it as a place to buy shares for keep and dividend income ?

What's your take on that
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 11:32am On Jan 13, 2022
ZikkyChops:

Just 10/%
My brother Gain is gain, 10% of 100k is 10k, 10% of 100M is 10M, depends on what you're looking at. Am Just happy for those in the bus

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:36am On Jan 13, 2022
sophxx:
Please which app or website is that?
It's Morgan Capital iTrade displaying live trades.

Our advice here has always been that you should register directly with a digital broker to trade Nigerian stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:43am On Jan 13, 2022
RodgersAkpafu:

How about using it as a place to buy shares for keep and dividend income ?

What's your take on that

It's not advisable.

Buying with Trove is third-party transaction, your name might not show in the company's registrars.

When you buy through a broker, you get all the benefits of a shareholder directly from the company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:43am On Jan 13, 2022
Valueinvestor:

My brother Gain is gain, 10% of 100k is 10k, 10% of 100M is 10M, depends on what you're looking at. Am Just happy for those in the bus

I pray they start paying a sizeable and increasing dividends as a policy. That is the only way to grow (The GTB and ZENITH way)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RodgersAkpafu: 11:51am On Jan 13, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

It's not advisable.

Buying with Trove is third-party transaction, your name might not show in the company's registrars.

When you buy through a broker, you get all the benefits of a shareholder directly from the company.
Okay...
Thanks for the feedback
Is the apprehension you have bordering around the fact that Trove msy close down one day ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:56am On Jan 13, 2022
sophxx:
Please how do I get to buy shares that gives dividends? Thanks
Try and register with a good broker. We have quite a number of them around.
After registration, you'll fund your trading account and you're good to go.........i.e. be able to buy and sell by yourself.

As for dividend paying stocks, we have quite a number of them on the exchange, some of them pay dividends twice a year, majority once a year, one pays quarterly (Seplat), while we have some that doesn't pay but you can enjoy price appreciation on them.

Always visit this thread and ask questions on some of these stocks before buying.......you can also ask about the stocks that pays dividends too.......
Although this thread has taking care of almost all the concerns you may have, try and do some readings on
some past pages if chanced.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2022
RodgersAkpafu:

Okay...
Thanks for the feedback
Is the apprehension you have bordering around the fact that Trove msy close down one day ?

It is not just about closing down.

Do you get any message/s from the company's registrars when you buy on Trove?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2022
Valueinvestor:

Those of us, trading with tasere money. Like 500% to grow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
In flashback mode.... Would there ever be a repeat of January 2018 crazy bull run. Intoxicating experience indeed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2022
safepaulooo:
In flashback mode.... Would there ever be a repeat of January 2018 crazy bull run. Intoxicating experience indeed.
That crazy bull comes in 10years.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:53pm On Jan 13, 2022
ZENITH: 25.50!
GTCO: 25.40!!
Welcome to a new regime....... smiley

TRANSCORP, JAIZ .......getting lots of attention today....

TRANSCORP as @ now.....@1.13

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2022
Sold intbrew then it started moving today.....na wa o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2022
ZikkyChops:

Just 10/%

Cant do more than that in a day..
Let's see what tomorrow brings...

Transcorp to the moooooon...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zedicusdgreat: 4:43pm On Jan 13, 2022
Fiends, what do you all think about the dangote cement shares buy back? Could this really cause a positive effect on its share price?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 5:39pm On Jan 13, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Cant do more than that in a day..
Let's see what tomorrow brings...

Transcorp to the moooooon...

I think something is really coming.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Refinedbeing(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
yMcy56:

Check your CSCS statement first.
You can request a copy from your broker if you dont have direct access to CSCS online.
If it's there, you inform your broker to credit your trading acct with the units.

Here's the email for FR: info@firstregistrarsnigeria.com
I'm in same situation as that man. What do you suggest. My dad actually gave my sister this Spring bank share certificates (2 certificates) and I think Afribank registrar's limited handles the share certificate. Now that Spring bank is defunct or maybe acquired by whom I don't know and even the certificates has 20th September 2006 as the date on both certificates. I just made some research online and it seems the registrar which is Afribank is still much open. Please guys how do I go about it to claim this shares. Everything is right here (I mean both certificates and Afribank registrar's limited letter that comes with it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Refinedbeing(m): 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2022
yMcy56:

It's Morgan Capital iTrade displaying live trades.

Our advice here has always been that you should register directly with a digital broker to trade Nigerian stocks.
How do I register with them please?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Refinedbeing(m): 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2022
ojeysky:
Sold intbrew then it started moving today.....na wa o
Same here. Bought at 4.90 only for it to drop to 4.85. needed the cash for something else after waiting a while then sold it off only to chack back later and saw it closed at 4.95 later that evening. Now it's 5.05. I can't cry honestly. Ardova is doing same thing to me right now. My mind buys these things for a reason. I should have trusted it on IntBrew. Same mind picked Ardova of all and since then it's been depreciating but I'm keeping this one. Don't wanna make same mistake I did with Intbrew.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2022
Refinedbeing:
I'm in same situation as that man. What do you suggest. My dad actually gave my sister this Spring bank share certificates (2 certificates) and I think Afribank registrar's limited handles the share certificate. Now that Spring bank is defunct or maybe acquired by whom I don't know and even the certificates has 20th September 2006 as the date on both certificates. I just made some research online and it seems the registrar which is Afribank is still much open. Please guys how do I go about it to claim this shares. Everything is right here (I mean both certificates and Afribank registrar's limited letter that comes with it.

Please note that the investment is lost. Spring bank now Enterprise bank was nationalized ie taken over by the government and all shareholders lost out. It's currently Heritage bank.

It's not like Intercontinental that was acquired by Access.
Intercontinental shareholders have scheme shares of Access bank to collect though very little it's not a total lost as experienced by spring bank shareholders.
It's one of the downside (risk) for ordinary shareholders of a company. If the company goes down your investment go with it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dollarwoman: 7:29pm On Jan 13, 2022
Sold intbrew then it started moving today.....na wa o.

Same with me, I sold and it started moving.

Anyday I sell Sterling and Caverton that I have held for months, that's when they will start flying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6567) (6568) (6569) (6570) (6571) (6572) (6573) ... (7732) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: janga(m), Mpeace(m), TradeSunMoore, SonofElElyonRet, faoogoke(m), Locotrader(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.