Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10876285 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6569) (6570) (6571) (6572) (6573) (6574) (6575) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2022
BabsO2:
Based on Transcorp Q1, Q2 and Q3 results that showed increased income to shareholders I estimate the following full year numbers for Transcorp for full year 2021

Total comprehensive income of N 17.5 billion
That attributed to Shareholders = N 9.3 b
That to Non Controlling Interest = N 8.2 b
Giving EPS for Shareholders of 23 Kobo. How much of this will be paid to Shareholders as dividend is a big question and will contribute to determining if the price will continue to go up or fall back.

Not extraordinarily strong results. But positive change in direction.

Guessing between, 10k or 20k dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zwhite: 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2022
Dollarwoman:
Sold intbrew then it started moving today.....na wa o.

Same with me, I sold and it started moving.

Anyday I sell Sterling and Caverton that I have held for months, that's when they will start flying.

Please sell. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2022
dharpzee:

Guessing between, 10k or 20k dividend

If they pay up to 10k that will be great. They like 1k to 3k dividends grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dollarwoman: 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2022
I knew when you made the Fidson call, was afraid to join you then because non of the Ogas here supported you, it may be too late for me to enter now at the current price. I have been waiting to enter Gununess at sub 35 since last week but has not been successful.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 6:51am On Jan 15, 2022
I don’t think Transcorp can pay more than 5k as dividend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 6:52am On Jan 15, 2022
BabsO2:

I agreed with you 100%. The max they may do is 5k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:09am On Jan 15, 2022
customstreet:
lol. This one na insult abi na wetin. Lol.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:10am On Jan 15, 2022
BabsO2:

That was then naa. Their eps has greatly multiplied.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2022
Dollarwoman:
I knew when you made the Fidson call, was afraid to join you then because non of the Ogas here supported you, it may be too late for me to enter now at the current price. I have been waiting to enter Gununess at sub 35 since last week but has not been successful.
@Dollarwoman

Both Guinness and Fidson are still cheap at the current prices.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2022
customstreet:

I concur, transcorp is very conservative with dividend payout.

They retain large part of their profit to finance expansions and debt servicing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Miyachi: 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
RodgersAkpafu:

How about using it as a place to buy shares for keep and dividend income ?

What's your take on that

The advantage with Trove is that you don't have to worry about the documentation/paperwork necessary to get your dividends and I think they also offer fractional shares on Nigerian stocks. But as someone mentioned, you're not a "direct" shareholder, I think they own the shares and do the book-keeping necessary to proportion the shares. I'd recommend them if you are not planning to hold long term.

You can also try Chaka, they use Citi Investment Capital as brokers, so your name appears directly on the shares you own. I'm not sure if they deal with the paperwork for receiving your dividends for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2022
samguru:

I concur, transcorp is very conservative with dividend payout.

They retain large part of their profit to finance expansions and debt servicing
But one thing to note is that In time past, much of Transcorp earnings had been attributed to non controlling owners unlike in recent results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
Mpeace:
But one thing to note is that In time past, much of Transcorp earnings had been attributed to non-controlling owners unlike in recent results.
What does this mean?
I don't really get it?
Isn't all earnings attributed to all shareholders in proration to their shareholdings?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elsueno: 12:35am On Jan 16, 2022
RodgersAkpafu:

How about using it as a place to buy shares for keep and dividend income ?

What's your take on that

I think the I-invest app is a better alternative here, they pay the dividends directly ur bank account & they actually send u an SMS alert with ur CSCS account number for every unit of stock u buy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:46am On Jan 16, 2022
Wapgod:

What does this mean?
I don't really get it?
Isn't all earnings attributed to all shareholders in proration to their shareholdings?
Look at the two results below, from q3 2020 and q3 2021 you will notice the part of profit attributable to owners of parent company on both results. Note the difference for each year.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:54am On Jan 16, 2022
Elsueno:

I think the I-invest app is a better alternative here, they pay the dividends directly ur bank account & they actually send u an SMS alert with ur CSCS account number for every unit of stock u buy.

I-invest is owned by Parthian Partners Limited(SEC license, NSE and FMDQ member)

You own everything you buy through I-invest.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
Please is fb meta stocks a good project to invest?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2022
This week on Value Nigeria Podcast, we talk to Dr. Manasseh Egedegbe (@knightofdelta), Chief Investment Officer of a fledging hedge fund, about investing in yourself, cryptocurrencies and everything in-between...

Enjoy the conversation...

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/45--Investing-in-yourself-Conversation-with-Dr-Manasseh-Egedegbe-Knight-of-Delta-e1d0vg6

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DUNKA(m): 6:36pm On Jan 16, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2022
DrAwo:
This week on Value Nigeria Podcast, we talk to Dr. Manasseh Egedegbe (@knightofdelta), Chief Investment Officer of a fledging hedge fund, about investing in yourself, cryptocurrencies and everything in-between...

Enjoy the conversation...

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/45--Investing-in-yourself-Conversation-with-Dr-Manasseh-Egedegbe-Knight-of-Delta-e1d0vg6
Pls could this be the same KOD we had in SMN before it went down
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 7:00pm On Jan 16, 2022
Biafran4life:
Pls could this be the same KOD we had in SMN before it went down
Yes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2022
Zegra:

Yes

Interesting. More than a decade ago.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pizapato(m): 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
samguru:

@Dollarwoman

Both Guinness and Fidson are still cheap at the current prices.

Thought you sold your guiness at N35 sometimes ago. Did you re-enter ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 3:37am On Jan 17, 2022
DUNKA:
https://www.nairaland.com/6942244/gt-bank-innoson-dispute-supreme-court#109426366

Hopefully this is the first catalyst GTCO needs to start moving up. The beating has been too much
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:27am On Jan 17, 2022
Ades1:

Hopefully this is the first catalyst GTCO needs to start moving up. The beating has been too much

The people selling are not done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 7:48am On Jan 17, 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

The people selling are not done
who are the people selling and why.Do you foresee it coming down to #20

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 8:14am On Jan 17, 2022
pizapato:

Thought you sold your guiness at N35 sometimes ago. Did you re-enter ?

Yes I did
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DUNKA(m): 8:20am On Jan 17, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Businesselites2: 9:04am On Jan 17, 2022
5 Lucrative Metaverse Stocks You Can Buy in Nigeria in 2022

In just a few days into 2022, most companies have experienced a major surge in their market cap. As a result, this has brought about a substantial return on investment to their investors.

These profits on the investments didn’t just happen in one day, most of it had a long-term duration. There are several lucrative marketplaces you can invest in this year to secure a long-term profit, and Metaverse stocks is one of them.

https://businesselitesafrica.com/5-lucrative-metaverse-stocks-you-can-buy-in-nigeria-in-2022/

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:05am On Jan 17, 2022
WhrightJr:
Please is fb meta stocks a good project to invest?

FB is still a quoted stock and they have some investments in metaverse items, but these are still part of the company.

If you are interested in metaverse related stocks there are a couple of them aside FB: MTTR, RBLX etc.

For now some good metaverse tokens/projects in the top categories are : SANDBOX, MANA,AXS, AVAX etc. You can further follow on this in the US stock forum. Equally you can message me for an introductory material if interested.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6569) (6570) (6571) (6572) (6573) (6574) (6575) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nvednutfr33(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.