Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,465 members, 7,958,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:51 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11583136 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6570) (6571) (6572) (6573) (6574) (6575) (6576) ... (8208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2022
Can you share the USA stock forum link undecided
yok:

FB is still a quoted stock and they have some investments in metaverse items, but these are still part of the company.

If you are interested in metaverse related stocks there are a couple of them aside FB: MTTR, RBLX etc.

For now some good metaverse tokens/projects in the top categories are : SANDBOX, MANA,AXS, AVAX etc. You can further follow on this in the US stock forum. Equally you can message me for an introductory material if interested.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2022
Businesselites2:
5 Lucrative Metaverse Stocks You Can Buy in Nigeria in 2022
In just a few days into 2022, most companies have experienced a major surge in their market cap. As a result, this has brought about a substantial return on investment to their investors.

These profits on the investments didn’t just happen in one day, most of it had a long-term duration. There are several lucrative marketplaces you can invest in this year to secure a long-term profit, and Metaverse stocks is one of them.

https://businesselitesafrica.com/5-lucrative-metaverse-stocks-you-can-buy-in-nigeria-in-2022/

Cc Mynd44 Seun Lalasticlala Dominique Mukina2
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ggoldmine(f): 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:57am On Jan 18, 2022
Biafran4life:
who are the people selling and why.Do you foresee it coming down to #20

Foreign Investors and pension fund managers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

For foreign investors it could be they are moving fund to better market.Pls what could be the reason for pension fund manager.Is it the hadco thing or what?
I am heavy here since the time of #10.90

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:37am On Jan 18, 2022
Biafran4life:
For foreign investors it could be they are moving fund to better market.Pls what could be the reason for pension fund manager.Is it the hadco thing or what?

A sincere advice...
HOLD!

At that price (and to the extent of vol you hold), that's an asset that should clearly form part of your passive income and/or retirement plan.

There's really not much happening in Gtbank that should warrant you to sell now considering the benefit of a well above inflation cashflow accrual. (your entry price in view)
Your div yield should peg at above 27.5% ceteris peribus... a near double the current surrounding risk peg and an approx 12% real return margin.
Pls note that this is not saying that you should hold the coy forever.
Of course once the market prices your stock higher than what should be a logical valuation, it would make sense to exit and seek to realign later.
But that isn't the case right now. At the current mkt peg, the asset in question is still relatively underpriced.

So unless the intent is to play it short as a trader, remain calm. I want to believe that you aligned with it having a mid to long term investment horizon.
You don't get such discounted price (N10.9) opportunity all the time.

Again, HOLD!

"When the herds are 'running in or out of a place' within the market, watching your back to COMPREHEND the reason for that run is twice as important as 'running with them', and just as important as sticking to a workable Investing STRATEGY.
...unless of course the target company was 'in the forefront of that run'."
~Sinclair

"If you want to KNOW if you can SUCCEED in the stock market, then 1st find out where you fall in between SMART, INTELLIGENT and DISCERNING.
...but remember that the market has been CONFIGURED to have and work with all 3 attribute as a collective."
~Sinclair

"In the stock market, SUCCESS is 1% what you have and 99% what you are.
...It's the product of what happens when you can continuously apply INSIGHT with running the race to EXCEL without let down."
~Sinclair

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:47am On Jan 18, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Interesting. Foreign investors have left many Nigerian banks. If they are pulling out much from GTCO for now, it will pull the price down significantly.

One was able to see percent holdings of foreign investors on FT website freely before. Where can one see such info freely this days ?.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ulysses71: 11:56am On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
Biafran4life:

As said by Onegentleguy @10.90 entry (with some dividend having been earned since then) i dont see the reason for your exit except if u have an emergency

That said, the premium of GT over Zenith had always been predicated on two factors i.e. better efficiency and better Corporate Governance (perception) of GT over Zenith. These two factors are currently being challenged by the pivot into holdco by GT hence the negative impact on price.

The corporate governance is being challenged because a sizeable number of investors believe that the pivot into a holdco is just a ruse by Agbaje to perpetrate himself beyond the 10 year rule by CBN ( as done by the Baloguns in FCMB with the elevation of Ladi from being the Bank MD to the Group (holdco) MD), which IF TRUE is a massive negative dent on the perceived top notch corporate governance perception of GT.

On efficiency, the pivot into holdco is also negatively impactin the bottomline of GT in form of extra expense that comes with such transformation (which ideally should be largely temporary) but more importantly also the slow down it brings to business (hence drop in revenue) because of the attention that is required from executive to pull the pivot through (marketshare which might not be recoverable).

n.b i dont own GT but might be willing to accumulate if entry is better than current price to compensate for elevated risk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2022
robobo:

As said by Onegentleguy @10.90 entry (with some dividend having been earned since then) i dont see the reason for your exit except if u have an emergency

That said, the premium of GT over Zenith had always been predicated on two factors i.e. better efficiency and better Corporate Governance (perception) of GT over Zenith. These two factors are currently being challenged by the pivot into holdco by GT hence the negative impact on price.

The corporate governance is being challenged because a sizeable number of investors believe that the pivot into a holdco is just a ruse by Agbaje to perpetrate himself beyond the 10 year rule by CBN ( as done by the Baloguns in FCMB with the elevation of Ladi from being the Bank MD to the Group (holdco) MD), which IF TRUE is a massive negative dent on the perceived top notch corporate governance perception of GT.

On efficiency, the pivot into holdco is also negatively impactin the bottomline of GT in form of extra expense that comes with such transformation (which ideally should be largely temporary) but more importantly also the slow down it brings to business (hence drop in revenue) because of the attention that is required from executive to pull the pivot through (marketshare which might not be recoverable).

n.b i dont own GT but might be willing to accumulate if entry is better than current price to compensate for elevated risk

Are you an insider within the Institutional investors circle.

You have summarised everything

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Are you an insider within the Institutional investors circle.

You have summarised everything

Boss i am not within the Institutional Investors circle but within the finance industry, hence i leverage contact to keep myself in the news / happening.

Plus as a rule i have made sure my doctors/ lawyers and stockbrokers are personal friend that i reach out to even if we dont have any business at hand because after your immediate family those are people that are very IMPORTANT to you.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
robobo:

Boss i am not within the Institutional Investors circle but within the finance industry, hence i leverage contact to keep myself in the news / happening.

Plus as a rule i have made sure my doctors/ lawyers and stockbrokers are personal friend that i reach out to even if we dont have any business at hand because after your immediate family those are people that are very IMPORTANT to you.

Okay.

Not sure if GTB can pay the dividend paid last year.

The lower the better for those leveraging down, which i wont advice now but those with a reasonable average price should hold

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
Thanks to all that responded to my question
Pls house what do you think.I want to exit my Dan cement if it hits #300 if they start the buy back and move to total energy.Do you see total paying up to the same dividend like Dan cement #16 or more.My dangote was @#145
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Okay.

Not sure if GTB can pay the dividend paid last year.

The lower the better for those leveraging down, which i wont advice now but those with a reasonable average price should hold

Is this just a gut feeling or there are actual numbers to back this?

They better not play with my income

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ades1:

Is this just a gut feeling or there are actual numbers to back this?

They better not play with my income

They can only pay what their earnings support. If the earnings come out fine they will do as usual otherwise they have to stay within their earnings and more so the regulators are their to checkmate them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
Zenith Bank to the moon grin wink

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
emmasoft:

They can only pay what their earnings support. If the earnings come out fine they will do as usual otherwise they have to stay within their earnings and more so the regulators are their to checkmate them.

Based on their Q3 results their EPS will likely drop from about N7 to about N5 in 2021 full year. Even if it drops to N4 will CBN stop them from paying total dividend of N3. As the drop is most most likely temporary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2022
BabsO2:

Based on their Q3 results their EPS will likely drop from about N7 to about N5 in 2021 full year. Even if it drops to N4 will CBN stop them from paying total dividend of N3. As the drop is most most likely temporary.

Right, imo, I don’t think CBN will do that. En earning of N4-N5 should allow them pay out N3. They may not allow them increase the payment though.

I personally think GT will continue to match Zenith in payments for now. This is just an opinion of mine, there is no DD to back this up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
BabsO2:

There is no bank with a dividend payout ratio of 75%.

It is usually between 45% and 50%.

Banks like FCMB and Fidelity have a dividend payout ratio of less than 30%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2022
BabsO2:

Whatever they will pay will always depend on their earnings and dividend policy. CBN is a regulator, they will not stop them from paying what their earnings support.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2022
e ku market oooooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
emmasoft:

Whatever they will pay will always depend on their earnings and dividend policy. CBN is a regulator, they will not stop them from paying what their earnings support.

They might i have to dip hands into their reserves in order to pay the dividend paid last year if their earnings cant support a final dividend of N2.70k.

Dividend cut is a red flag and the company will be futher punished by the market, i dont think GTB will want that

All things being equal last year's dividend with be retained by all means

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

There is no bank with a dividend payout ratio of 75%.

It is usually between 45% and 50%.

Banks like FCMB and Fidelity have a dividend payout ratio of less than 30%

Thanks for the honorable mentions of FCMB and Fidelity. Time to check them out and possibly add them to the portfolio.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ades1:

Thanks for the honorable mentions of FCMB and Fidelity. Time to check them out and possibly add them to the portfolio.

Why?

Are we sure they have cash to back their earnings?

Banks that will soon be acquired

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2022
BUAFOODS
Q3 2021 Result........
So .......las las, na sugar be their major product.......and it's selling @64.40, almost x4 of Dangsugar which is N18.25 as of today..........
Though haven't compare Dangsugar's report and other metrics..........but BUAFOODS is expensive @CP if you ask me..........

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/BUA_Foods_Plc_Q3_Financial_Statements.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
moneymanager:
Zenith Bank to the moon grin wink
Seems this Oga already joined Zee train. lipsrsealed

I want to believe that GT will still rise again sha, once those battering and crossing it are done...........giving Zee a close chase.
Whether it can overtake back or not is another thing entirely.
Also, Q4 2021 will play a major role here.

One thing I'd observed overtime was that GT moves at faster pace than Zee........the time it would take Zee to reluctantly do 10% would have made GT do 20% easily..........think GT enjoyed more "goodwill".
Whether this trend will change or not, time will tell.
Don't mind this crude observer o. grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Cc My*** Se** Lala* Dom** Muk***
Oga Labalaba, you dey vex o shocked
See the battalion you copied. Lol.
Igi Pawpaw o ni wo pawa o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

They might i have to dip hands into their reserves in order to pay the dividend paid last year if their earnings cant support a final dividend of N2.70k.

Dividend cut is a red flag and the company will be futher punished by the market, i dont think GTB will want that

All things being equal last year's dividend with be retained by all means

Going by their YTD at Q3 they have EPS above N3 and a loss in Q4 is very unlikely. Hence they will not need to dip into reserves to pay a final Dividend of N2.7. The only issue is dividends are always subject to approval of CBN. I don't know how the CBN approval works. I know in past they have limited how much Dividend can be paid for various prudential reasons.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
yMcy56:

Oga Labalaba, you dey vex o shocked
See the battalion you copied. Lol.
Igi Pawpaw o ni wo pawa o cheesy
grin
The man is not labalaba (butterfly)..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6570) (6571) (6572) (6573) (6574) (6575) (6576) ... (8208) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: crownprince2017, megawealth01, Audacius, Ddll(f), Mpeace(m), sky2891, handsomebolanle, vacanci, Ginalex(f), Ades1, freeman67, Streetinvestor2, Zagee, godlyguy(m), Jerekre(m), gamaliel9, stronglink, kachiyy(f), ndept, GeeKudi, NL1960, Panadee and 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.