Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10878769 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6572) (6573) (6574) (6575) (6576) (6577) (6578) ... (7751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
Last boarding call:

Buy at least one bag of rice and keep at home.

Prolonged lockdown in China and other parts of Asia will lead to rice crisis.

Rice is a staple food in Nigeria. Hunger is coming. Hedge against Hunger.

How about us that eat local rice and not foreign will it still affect the supply of local rice.And the rice pyramid that was just shown by pmb is it fake
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
Last boarding call:

We have rice pyramids in Abuja

Nigeria can feed the rest of the world

grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
Biafran4life:
How about us that eat local rice and not foreign will it still affect the supply of local rice.And the rice pyramid that was just shown by pmb is it fake

Once price starts to rise on any imported item, people tend to switch to alternatives (locally made ones). In no time, that alternative will start to rise as well.

Buy whatever rice you can lay your hand on.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:25pm On Jan 20, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
Last boarding call:

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2022
[quote author=ukay2 post=109541172]

grin grin grin grin
[/quote

They produce just to build pyramid. Something that will not reach Nigerians alone. We too like show!!]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2022
sonofElElyon:
Mercy, what's happening with sovereign trust assurance and universal insurance ?
Hhmmm. I don't know o.
Seems you've not been following posts or updates on these stocks.

For Universal Insurance, Afrinsure was supposed to come up with share buyback plan, but we never see them, maybe no approval yet......some investors got tired of waiting and sold off....... dragging the share price to the minimum, 0.20k. Can remember posting some concerns on Universal before the price was crashed.

As for STI, no good news to drive the share price up yet.........Maybe 4th quarter result and some good news of bonus/acquisition/merger or whatever may have positive impact on it......Pls note the "Maybe", it's just speculations ooo.

Maybe you sell to key into dividend paying stocks........and come back to it later when there's green light from that angle.

Think I only have eyes for one or two in the insurance sector for now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2022
ukay2:
grin grin grin grin
This got me LMAO. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
Biafran4life:
Pls someone should explain to me what happened ...
Now I placed two sell mandate via online . The first was with #280 and second #290 just few hours to close of business. Then I got an xalert of #284.90.What I don't understand is that the buy decided to buy above my first #280 order by paying 284.90
It means the buyer came to place large volume bid in the last minute @284.90....... A large quantity higher than the offers available @280, AND possibly cleared available offers up to 284.90.....or did some cross deals @ that price.

The second @290 did not get filled because buyer didn't pick up to that point/price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hil119(m): 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
yMcy56:

Ok. Also depends on whether you're a heavy investor or lightweight...... tongue

We have quite some of them:
Mine in this order: UCAP, ACCESS, GTB, UBA, ZENITH, NGXGROUP, FBNH, CUSTODIAN.......,and quite some heavyweights and few penny stocks.
* We may have few that may spring up surprises in the course of the year.

You can consider Courtville, maybe it can visit sub 0.40 again (or not, I don't know)....and it was selling for 0.36 few days back. Courtville is in the process of delisting.
So also Champion breweries @ below 2.30 if you can get at that price.

** Pls note that market has a mind of its own and stocks can go up, down or static at any giving time.........So, time factor comes into play here, time your entries right, watch out for pullbacks and deal with your emotions when it comes to your stock picks.....in as much as the fundamentals are still intact.

** You may also strategize your picks, picking in tranches OR you buy, and plan to be buying more if the price dips/falls.
**You should keep tab/pay close attention to the stocks you pick, develop more interest in them and be up to date with the news surrounding them.

Na Wetin I fit remember now be that.......
If I remember other things, I go add them...

Thanks so much I appreciate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2022
https://nairametrics.com/2022/01/20/nigerian-stocks-hit-13-year-high/ seems the new listings are pulling the strings.#Buafoods,#airtel #alhaji.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 10:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
yMcy56:

Hhmmm. I don't know o.

For Universal Insurance, Afrinsure was supposed to come up with share buyback plan, but we never see them, maybe no approval yet......some investors got tired of waiting and sold off....... dragging the share price to the minimum, 0.20k. Can remember posting some concerns on Universal before the price was crashed.

As for STI, no good news to drive the share price up yet.........Maybe 4th quarter result and some good news of bonus/acquisition/merger or whatever may have positive impact on it......Pls note the "Maybe", it's just speculations ooo.

Maybe you sell to key into dividend paying stocks........and come back to it later when there's green light from that angle.

Okay
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 11:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Okay

Add thanks wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 11:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
IYGEAL:

Add thanks wink

yMcy56:

Hhmmm. I don't know o.

Okay.. thank you dependable Mercy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 11:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
IYGEAL:

Add thanks wink

I have.. "Mr commander"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 12:06am On Jan 21, 2022
Biafran4life:
Pls someone should explain to me what happened though it was good for me.I decided to sell half of my Dan cement so I could buy total because the news in the oil market etc. Now I placed two sell mandate via online . The first was with #280 and second #290 just few hours to close of business. Then I got an xalert of #284.90.What I don't understand is that the buy decided to buy above my first #280 order by paying 284.90
N284.9 or N285 is the average of N290 and N280.
I think the two separate sell mandates were joined and executed as one at the average price of the two separate mandates.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 5:28am On Jan 21, 2022
Market Gurus, Is Payment for order flow allowed in NGX?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:39am On Jan 21, 2022
Biafran4life:
Pls someone should explain to me what happened though it was good for me.I decided to sell half of my Dan cement so I could buy total because the news in the oil market etc. Now I placed two sell mandate via online . The first was with #280 and second #290 just few hours to close of business. Then I got an xalert of #284.90.What I don't understand is that the buy decided to buy above my first #280 order by paying 284.90

I also think selling now is reasonable except if it is still going up. From dividend point of view. I bought at 116. Dividend yield at current is 16/284= 5% something, while dividend yield from zenith is still over 11% something. Selling and investing it in Zenith or any higher dividend yielding stock is not a bad idea.

Question is does it still have 20% to 30% appreciation coming or are we experiencing peak?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 7:37am On Jan 21, 2022
ositadima1:

I also think selling now is reasonable except if it is still going up. From dividend point of view. I bought at 116. Dividend yield at current is 16/284= 5% something, while dividend yield from zenith is still over 11% something. Selling and investing it in Zenith or any higher dividend yielding stock is not a bad idea.

Question is does it still have 20% to 30% appreciation coming or are we experiencing peak?

Yes nah,they have not done the last phase plus expected #16 dividends or more as predicted by expert.

I am feeling the price will be trading around #350- 400 soon in keeping with the management objective before embarking on share buy back.��

Please it is not a buy recommendation DDD apply.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:24am On Jan 21, 2022
Hil119:
Thanks so much I appreciate
Thank God.

Pls note the 'watch your entry price' o.

We don't know the dimension this year's will take........but last year, dumping began in some stocks as soon às they released results, despite declaring good dividends, then later picked up again.

May or may not be the case this year.......just needs to avoid FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) and have a strategy in place.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:30am On Jan 21, 2022
Slimdove:

Yes nah,they have not done the last phase plus expected #16 dividends or more as predicted by expert.

I am feeling the price will be trading around #350- 400 soon in keeping with the management objective before embarking on share buy back.��

DANGCEM fare value is around 278
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2022
Willie2015:

Positive news for players in the Upstream.....

And Downstream sector .....

However, downstream sector will have to look .....

to further value creation in other white products......

Seplat movin up slowly...
N800 + on the horizon...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2022
Willie2015:

Seplat movin up slowly...
N800 + on the horizon...

I like your way...big things, no business with penny stocks grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:15pm On Jan 21, 2022
Slimdove:

They must have been through with this Second batch of share buyback.
Was supposed to take place in 2 days which was 19th & 20th.....
The remaining 40M+ units was to be picked from Treasury shares, as indicated on the newsletter.

Think you're talking about another batch in future.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2022
ZENITH Vs. GTCO
GTB may eventually take it's place back with time.... tongue

Not disputing the fact that Zenith is way ahead in terms of dividend yield, PAT and all that.........but GTB seems to have anointing for leadership. lipsrsealed grin

I hope those bashing the price will do quick and allow the stock rest and face front. smiley

Let's see how Mr. Time, Mr. Market and Mrs. Result takes care of this situation.

Given Zee and GT at present price, 25.70, I'll go for GTCO. Don't mind me, I no be expert and I no know book. Just thinking out loud......and maybe because I be jijoist, we like things moving fast and pretty well. tongue
Las las, both are good to have in one's portfolio.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2022
yMcy56:

Think you're talking about another batch in future.

Yes ���

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 1:38pm On Jan 21, 2022
NNFM grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
COURTVILLE......@0.46k. smiley
Was expecting it to retest below 40k again........ sad
We'll still be watching if it can retest or whether na bye bye to below 0.40......
Board meeting is coming up on 27th January.

TRANSCORP.........this stock will just not give Peter any Hbp, this one e go just dey behave like say e dey drunk sometimes........back to 1.09. grin

ETI.........this one is silently doing its move.....@9.10 so far...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hazydon(m): 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2022
Does anybody here has BUAFOOD financials?
I've searched online and I couldn't lay hands on any..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2022
hazydon:
Does anybody here has BUAFOOD financials?
I've searched online and I couldn't lay hands on any..

Go to the below link
And pick coy financials...
https://ngxgroup.com/exchange/data/corporate-disclosures/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 3:55pm On Jan 21, 2022
sonofElElyon:

I have.. "Mr commander"

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goody234: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2022
yMcy56:
COURTVILLE......@0.46k. smiley
Was expecting it to retest below 40k again........ sad
We'll still be watching if it can retest or whether na bye bye to below 0.40......
Board meeting is coming up on 27th January.

TRANSCORP.........this stock will just not give Peter any Hbp, this one e go just dey behave like say e dey drunk sometimes........back to 1.09. grin

ETI.........this one is silently doing its move.....@9.10 so far...

I have some of their shares apparently they are delisting what does that mean for us

(1) (2) (3) ... (6572) (6573) (6574) (6575) (6576) (6577) (6578) ... (7751) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Boshins, Mpeace(m), Nafseni, Megapower, 1jboi, dapix, chillykelly86(m), modupeshow, Emndy(m), 2zona(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.