Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10970580 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6589) (6590) (6591) (6592) (6593) (6594) (6595) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 10:55am On Feb 04, 2022
customstreet:
Insider source informed me that the company , OANDO might be taking private in nearest future

Will it or won't it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:58am On Feb 04, 2022
BullBearMkt:
@RabbiDoracle, Weldone. Your predictions are coming true
grin grin grin grin grin

Hello Boss

As per ASI is 38k the new 22k?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:14am On Feb 04, 2022
Does this mean that totalenergies will pay only N12 as dividend for last year?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 11:26am On Feb 04, 2022
customstreet:
Insider source informed me that the company , OANDO might be taking private in nearest future

grin and will pay minority #2 or #3 per share. That's if that your insider is not a monkey Hunter grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by machine606: 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2022
edwardaigb:
please what is happening at rtbriscoe?
Me too am surprised. Got some afolabi units (less then #5K) last 2 years. Just to be on the registrar. I want to sell at 0.22, but chaka was misbehaving on the sell other. I forgot about it. Only to see over 50℅ positive Within this week. It seems some one is seriously mopping all available units. But I don't seem to know Why?
Well Academy is about to do +300℅. Meyer did over +200℅. It seems this is the year of penny stocks!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 3:50am On Feb 05, 2022
machine606:

Me too am surprised. Got some afolabi units (less then #5K) last 2 years. Just to be on the registrar. I want to sell at 0.22, but chaka was misbehaving on the sell other. I forgot about it. Only to see over 50℅ positive Within this week. It seems some one is seriously mopping all available units. But I don't seem to know Why?
Well Academy is about to do +300℅. Meyer did over +200℅. It seems this is the year of penny stocks!

Check the latest results of RT BRISCOE and compare the figures with the previous years then you will understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 3:51am On Feb 05, 2022
edwardaigb:
please what is happening at rtbriscoe?
Improved earnings
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonkeyHunter: 5:15am On Feb 05, 2022
Deadlytruth:

Improved earnings

Earnings are not as good as they look.

Buying based on improved earnings is a bad move if you ask me except of cos you expect all their creditors to forgive their debts.

Share Holder's fund is negative (-N10bn)

Supposed Improved earnings of N96.587m was as a result of Other Income of N2.294bn. N2.237bn out of this Other Income was Debt waivers (Page 8 item 8 of the latest financials).

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34936_R_T_BRISCOE_(NIGERIA)_PLC%20_QUARTER_4_FINANCIAL_STATEM.pdf

Implication being that if the debt was not forgiven the company would have declared a loss of over N2.13bn for the year.

RT Briscoe still has outstanding bank debts of N16.5bn so it is still deep in the woods

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 05, 2022
MonkeyHunter:

Buying based on improved earnings is a bad move if you ask me except of cos you expect all their creditors to forgive their debts.

Supposed Improved earnings of N96.587m was as a result of Other Income of N2.294bn. N2.237bn out of this Other Income was Debt waivers (Page 8 item 8 of the latest financials).

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34936_R_T_BRISCOE_(NIGERIA)_PLC%20_QUARTER_4_FINANCIAL_STATEM.pdf

Implication being that if the debt was not forgiven the company would have declared a loss of over N2.13bn for the year.

RT Briscoe still has outstanding bank debts of N16.5bn so it is still deep in the woods

Well analysed but this was how those stocks that delivered 200% started.For the past 5 yrs, this stock has not produced a result like this.I think it is an improved result despite the huge debts.Their creditors may have converted the debts to equity.Who knows?
We will get clearer picture from the coming Q1 result.For me, this stock is suppose to touch 50kobo and may trade above #1 before 2022 ends.I think more good results are coming in the subsequent quarters @ Rtbriscoe.It has done almost 40% in one week.We watch

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Foundwealth001: 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
locodemy:

Well analysed but this was how those stocks that delivered 200% started.For the past 5 yrs, this stock has not produced a result like this.I think it is an improved result despite the huge debts.Their creditors may have converted the debts to equity.Who knows?
We will get clearer picture from the coming Q1 result.For me, this stock is suppose to touch 50kobo and may trade above #1 before 2022 ends.I think more good results are coming in the subsequent quarters @ Rtbriscoe.It has done almost 40% in one week.We watch
@Locodemy,I agreed that the latest RTB result was their best in recent years, however it is impossible for a quoted company to convert debt to equity without shareholders knowledge.
RTB is gradually returning to profitability, expert analysis shows that the company is undervalued at current share price.
A worthy risk for both medium and long-term investment horizon.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
...he that is down needs fear no fall...

RTB has been trading at 20 kobo since 2020 but only added 9 kobo. To rise 9 kobo to gain 100 kobo or more is not a bad idea at all
grin grin grin grin grin
Foundwealth001:

@Locodemy,I agreed that the latest RTB result was their best in recent years, however it is impossible for a quoted company to convert debt to equity without shareholders knowledge.
RTB is gradually returning to profitability, expert analysis shows that the company is undervalued at current share price.he

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2022
Foundwealth001:

RTB is gradually returning to profitability, expert analysis shows that the company is undervalued at current share price.
What valuation model was used in arriving at 5.68 fair value??
Let's be factual, RTbriscoe's financial is still nothing to bank on.......EXCEPT if there's another good news that might be driving the share price, which insider may be privy to.

The other time, I also saw ridiculous fair value for Fidson (N346.25) and GSK (N221.40), shocked .......just brushed past it.

Below is RTbriscoe's Q3 2021 with -87% loss after tax...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
My brother, ASI is heading 50k now!
grin grin grin grin grin
robobo:

Hello Boss

As per ASI is 38k the new 22k?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2022
...buy the rumours and sell the news
grin grin grin grin grin
yMcy56:

Let's be factual, RTbriscoe's financial is still nothing to bank on.......EXCEPT if there's another good news that might be driving the share price, which insider may be privy to.

Below is the Q3 2021 with -87% loss after tax...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 3:06pm On Feb 05, 2022
BullBearMkt:
...buy the rumours and sell the news
grin grin grin grin grin
So what's the rumour Oga mi? Maybe I can believe.
.....because simplywall does not have sufficient data sometimes to base their judgement on..

If the fair value of RTbriscoe in huge debt was said to be 5.68, then JAPAUL should at least double that price nah. cheesy

For me, except there's insider news driving the share price, RT is a no go area as far as im concerned.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2022
Topson88:
Mercy or any oga, abeg which two shares can i buy to benefit from this capital appreciation for like a year.

I have UCAP in mind after i see their result and one more either access or any other one that gives dividend. Please advice. I am responsible for any decision i make. Regards
Ucap is not bad too.
Watch out for pullback in MTNN and key into it.
GTCO and ACCESS are good too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonkeyHunter: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2022
locodemy:

The only reason the performance seemed to have improved is that one or more banks wrote off debt of N2,237,884,000 that RTB owed. If they haven't forgiven this debt the company would have declared a loss of N2.1billion so operationally the company is still in a very bad shape and nothing has really changed except one or more banks decided 2.2bn is not recoverable from RTB and wrote it off. The company still owes banks N16bn and needs an additional N10bn worth of debt forgiveness for the shareholder's fund to rise to zero naira

With regards to the performance of the share price, given the small market cap of the company about N350m and the misunderstanding around the declared results, it is possible to easily manipulate the price upwards and dump on unsuspecting investors. I therefore do not doubt that the share price can get to N1 even N2. I only pity those that will buy and hold the stock as they will probably lose all their money except a lot more of RTB's debts are forgiven by their creditors.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2022
yMcy56:

So what's the rumour Oga mi? Maybe I can believe.
.....because simplywall does not have sufficient data sometimes to base their judgement on..

If the fair value of RTbriscoe in huge debt was said to be 5.68, then JAPAUL should at least double that price nah. cheesy

For me, except there's insider news driving the share price, RT is a no go area as far as im concerned.

Insurance stocks will not allow you to see wealth steering on your face.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2022
locodemy:

This one weak me ooooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
MonkeyHunter:

The only reason the performance seemed to have improved is that one or more banks wrote off debt of N2,237,884,000 that RTB owed. If they haven't forgiven this debt the company would have declared a loss of N2.1billion so operationally the company is still in a very bad shape and nothing has really changed except one or more banks decided 2.2bn is not recoverable from RTB and wrote it off. The company still owes banks N16bn and needs an additional N10bn worth of debt forgiveness for the shareholder's fund to rise to zero naira

With regards to the performance of the share price, given the small market cap of the company about N350m and the misunderstanding around the declared results, it is possible to easily manipulate the price upwards and dump on unsuspecting investors. I therefore do not doubt that the share price can get to N1 even N2. I only pity those that will buy and hold the stock as they will probably lose all their money except a lot more of RTB's debts are forgiven by their creditors.

I can see you are a value investor in the sense you want the company to be debt-free.
Sometimes all these companies settle some of the debts through this medium( pushing share price upwards).

I will not be surprise to see this stock trading above #1 in this very year.
A year of long term bull.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 4:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
Two peeps came here and analyzed a stock, giving factual information.
You didn’t dispute their analysis, you didn’t offer data or analysis of your own.
Instead you proceeded with yabbis and your Perl of wisdom is “sometimes...” and “I will not be surprised...”

Mr Loco this is unbecoming of you sir undecided

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Foundwealth001: 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2022
yMcy56:

The other time, I also saw ridiculous fair value for Fidson (N346.25) and GSK (N221.40), shocked .......just brushed past it.

Below is RTbriscoe's Q3 2021 with -87% loss after tax...
Sometimes, in Stock investment, it is not about the valuation model, rather, it is all about risk vs benefit. A risk taker should not be discouraged in venturing into penny stocks.
You are free to brush past unrealistic valuation s.
You brush past when Champion Breweries was lifeless.
When Guiness was a no go area,
When UCAP was unattractive
When FBN holding was detested by investors
When Meyers, Morison, and Academy appeared toxic and untouchable.
The good things is that no single member here determine the market.
Mr Market will decide the fate of risk takers in respect of RT Briscoe.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonkeyHunter: 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2022
locodemy:

I can see you are a value investor in the sense you want the company to be debt-free.
Sometimes all these companies settle some of the debts through this medium( pushing share price upwards).

I will not be surprise to see this stock trading above #1 in this very year.
A year of long term bull.

I don't have a problem with a company having debt. I have problem with a company having solvency issues as stated by their auditors as shown in the snapshots from RTB's most recent audited results.

The performance of the company and the performance of the share price are two different things. I have focused largely on the performance of the company which has been misinterpreted as having improved just because their creditors gave up on collecting some debts from RTB and wrote tit off. Once you agree that the financial performance of RTB has not changed and it is a good candidate for bankruptcy then we are on the same page.

As to the performance of the share price I will agree with you that yes it has some upward potential as a lot of people have misinterpreted their financial performance and will not do a thorough analysis of the financials. This together with the low free float makes it a prime candidate for upward manipulation.

I am harping of this issue not because I have a dog in the fight but to help people make a more informed decision on the stock. If you want to buy the stock because you think the financial performance of the company has improved, it has not so please don't touch . If however you see this as a trading opportunity and you think that the share will continue to go up and you want to enjoy the ride on the way up, All the Best.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2022
moneymanager:
Two peeps came here and analyzed a stock, giving factual information.
You didn’t dispute their analysis, you didn’t offer data or analysis of your own.
Instead you proceeded with yabbis and your Perl of wisdom is “sometimes...” and “I will not be surprised...”

Mr Loco this is unbecoming of you sir undecided

Oga wetin I do Nah?
I no yab anyone ooooh.
Na practicals I sabi do oooo.
Na to find money I come for this exchange.
One thing I know is this your analysis will not work well in the midst of active traders that occupy more than 60% of doings at the exchange.
Never........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
Just replied to all mails and messages.
...so those involved might want to check in on them.

Am sorry for the late revert.
...was due to circumstances beyond my control.
Lately, it's been a-spur-of-the-moment-kind-of-thing participating in investment forums and platforms (Nsempa inclusive) because of time constrain.
Notwithstanding, I always try to revert back as soon as I can.

Here's wishing us all a blissful weekend!
May this month of February bring you good tidings and Devine blessings!
Enjoy the rest of your day.

Regards

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2022
locodemy:

Most unnecessary comment

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2022
Sudden Increase in Turnover or Revenue @ RTB signals renewal strength.

The increase in that revenue really helped that bottom line.

We will soon know what is beating the drum.

I can only follow the money as I don't know how to interpret data.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 05, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Most unnecessary comment

I have signed out.
See you at custom street where the doings are happening .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2022
Topson88:

Mercy or any oga, abeg which two shares can i buy to benefit from this capital appreciation for like a year.

I have UCAP in mind after i see their result and one more either access or any other one that gives dividend. Please advice. I am responsible for any decision i make. Regards
You may look the way of Unilever at 13.05 or below,no serious dividend sha

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
locodemy:
Chai!!! See as my fellow jijoist just yab me finish.... grin grin

In as much as I dont like to come in-between your picks, I just thought calling your attention to the financials may further serve as guide in your dealings with the stock.

Yes! Sometimes unexpected do happen in this biz........but having enough positive info could also help too.
I saw how they were queing up for it up till 0.28k .......BUT knowingly didn't mention it cos I couldn't lay hands on what's driving the price and no-one mention it here either.
Well, you know I'll always wish you well nah. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
MonkeyHunter:

I am aware of all these FA you have put up above but the more important thing about the improved earnings is the SA that comes along with it. I have always emphasized here that using FA in isolation of the other A's is not a very rewarding approach on NSE. Anyway, let me stop here and request that we calm down and watch for sometime. I have been down this road before with some other members here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2022
CHAMS
More positive news.......
Lots of improvement in Q4 unaudited report......

(1) (2) (3) ... (6589) (6590) (6591) (6592) (6593) (6594) (6595) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: edwardaigb, Miyachi, frank33(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.