Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,457 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:14 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11066884 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (7815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
Omexonomy: it will never fall to one naira at wost it will head to car park at N1.50.

Let's see what happens. I will be on the alert to enter at the slightest notice of a steady uptrend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
Omexonomy: are you sure the owners over subscrib how is that posible.

Read this, especially items 6 & 7, 4.5 billion rights where issued, 2.93 billion where renounced(about 65%), that was absorbed by 1 shareholder.
Go through your annual reports and you'd know the 1 shareholder in that bracket

http://www.oandoplc.com/wp-content/uploads/Project-Oro_OAO-Results-of-right-issue-FV-2.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nigeria Stock Exchange:

1. International Energy Insurance Plc announces Share Reconstruction

2. Acquisition of UAC Registrars Limited by Africa Prudential Registrars Plc

3. NASCON declares N686.8m PAT in Q1 '13 result

4. Learn Africa rewards shareholders with N154m dividend

5. Pharma-Deko gets approval to raise fresh funds

6. First Bank shuts operations Thursday, reopens Monday

source: www.proshareng.com

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 5:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
The market is really something else.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debostar(m): 6:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hi Guys
Has anybody noticed the variations in the P/E ratios quoted for the same stock by different websites ranging from proshare,cashcraft,capital assets, to FT.COM,BLOOMBERG,.
I have tried so many ways to find out why the differences.
Does anybody know the reasons for this variations.am confused.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
debostar: Hi Guys
Has anybody noticed the variations in the P/E ratios quoted for the same stock by different websites ranging from proshare,cashcraft,capital assets, to FT.COM,BLOOMBERG,.
I have tried so many ways to find out why the differences.
Does anybody know the reasons for this variations.am confused.
it's because the stock price is not uniform and while calculating it, it causes variation in the Earning per share and further the P/E and also the day they were calculated may not be the same.

££££££££££££££
there are lot of tweaking skills in those fundamentals even by the companies but investors just take up those fundamental indicators and think they've known it all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PHIPEX(m): 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
Is Oando ever going to release their 2012 Fy results? It's taking almost forever.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2013
Elai147: Analyst view (FOR THE WEEK ENDED FRIDAY MAY 31, 2013)
The Market cross the N12tr mark this week N600b short of the highest point in reached in March 2008, thanks to Dangote Cement and NB, as both companies account for 38% of the total Market Capitalisation. Other stocks that have helped to leap the market capitalization up include Nestle Foods, Guinness and Wapco. Indeed the market still has more potential since only a few companies contribute to the current rise in the market indices.

Following the recent trend in the last three weeks, the market movement has been 2.49%, 1.2% and 1.19% up respectively. If this trend continues, it is likely the week ahead may end on a bearish note as short term profit takers effect may prevail. Investors are advised to watch out for a good exit price and an entry point on the other side of the week.

Stocks to watch for the week/month ahead:
1. Skye Bank
2. NASCON
3. UACN
4. UAC-PROP
5. OKOMU
6. FBNH
7. ETERNA
8. CAP PLC

The above stocks have fallen the most in the last two weeks, so we expect to see a rebound on them in the weeks ahead.

Disclaimer:
The information above was gotten from my stockbroker. Please due deligence is important.

Dis analyst is on point.
It has reversed immediately.
Please, wats d name of d company?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
mercylicious:

Dis analyst is on point.

Give me my own e-kiss and the name of the company is your. Promise.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
44 peny stocks that have perform above average in the NSE http://thenationonlineng.net/new/business/penny-stocks-44-perform-above-average/ so for those of you who dont like penny stock i want you to have a rethink.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
mercylicious:

Dis analyst is on point.

ICMG Securities.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 06, 2013
@those asking if you can buy right issue of transcorp at N1 even though u never had shares there before, i say yes u can. Just ask your broker, there could be people who do not want to pick up their rights, so u just pay money to your broker account and they buy and do u a transfer, daz all! I think this is the best time for japaul now. Buy japaul now!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 8:51am On Jun 06, 2013
valacious: @those asking if you can buy right issue of transcorp at N1 even though u never had shares there before, i say yes u can. Just ask your broker, there could be people who do not want to pick up their rights, so u just pay money to your broker account and they buy and do u a transfer, daz all! I think this is the best time for japaul now. Buy japaul now!

Especially those who bought Japaul Public Offer at 3.50.. lol.

I've learnt my lesson from the last crash, set targets and cash my money when I exceed them, if the profit is not in my Bank account, it is not profit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:26am On Jun 06, 2013
valacious: @those asking if you can buy right issue of transcorp at N1 even though u never had shares there before, i say yes u can. Just ask your broker, there could be people who do not want to pick up their rights, so u just pay money to your broker account and they buy and do u a transfer, daz all! I think this is the best time for japaul now. Buy japaul now!

Guy... Japaul not to me!!

Until they clean up their acts.. i wll not be touching Japaul or any of the so called penny stocks!

I only buy coys that have good management practice in place...Over time this has never failed me!

markets may go up and down but sound coys never stop returning good returns to its investors.. I recently called for Skye Bank and GSK purchase.. we all can see whats happening to these stocks now!

happy investing!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:41am On Jun 06, 2013
9free:
Give me my own e-kiss and the name of the company is your. Promise.

@Mercilicious done give you e- kiss before na for the other corner...Shuooo..abi u still wan collect anoda one cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9jaCrusade: 10:43am On Jun 06, 2013
bigx:

Especially those who bought Japaul Public Offer at 3.50.. lol.

I've learnt my lesson from the last crash, set targets and cash my money when I exceed them, if the profit is not in my Bank account, it is not profit.

Exactly
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:44am On Jun 06, 2013
[quote author=valacious]@those asking if you can buy right issue of transcorp at N1 even though u never had shares there before, i say yes u can. Just ask your broker, there could be people who do not want to pick up their rights, so u just pay money to your broker account and they buy and do u a transfer, daz all! I think this is the best time for japaul now. [b]Buy japaul now![/[/b]quote]

Skepticism towards this stock will hinder price movement in this stock for now as most people are not impressed with the way jegede is running the coy.

However, i also believe that the stock will wake up and move northward very soon. but the question is how soon
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:48am On Jun 06, 2013
Nigeria Stock Exchange:

1. Stocks sustain uptrend on improved bargain; ASI inches up by +2.51%

2. Dangote to site $8bn refinery in Olokola FTZ

3. First Bank Sensitises Customers on IT Upgrade

4. FBN Capital woos indigenous oil companies on equity financing

5. International Energy Insurance Plc announces Share Reconstruction

Source: www.proshareng.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Nigeria Stock Exchange:

1. Stocks sustain uptrend on improved bargain; ASI inches up by +2.51%

2. Dangote to site $8bn refinery in Olokola FTZ

3. First Bank Sensitises Customers on IT Upgrade

4. FBN Capital woos indigenous oil companies on equity financing

5. International Energy Insurance Plc announces Share Reconstruction

Source: www.proshareng.com

There was someone that mentioned some time ago that he will be buying shares in IEI plc...I hope he is reading the information above.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godsfavson: 11:26am On Jun 06, 2013
@ stockbull,
Please what is happening to MRS? is it a good buy at current price with medium term investment in mind
thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
feelamong:

Guy... Japaul not to me!!

Until they clean up their acts.. i wll not be touching Japaul or any of the so called penny stocks!

I only buy coys that have good management practice in place...Over time this has never failed me!

markets may go up and down but sound coys never stop returning good returns to its investors.. I recently called for Skye Bank and GSK purchase.. we all can see whats happening to these stocks now!

happy investing!!

I blindly bought the so called Japaul @N6.36 in 2008. The coy has been a failure to me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nodullin(m): 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
Market is so bullish.... So confused... dunno where to hop in2....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
Is it possible to sell my late dad shares? No record nothing but i got to know about some when d dividend are being posted. Some of d profits are very annoying sometimes 1 naira, 200 naira e.t.c. How can i possibly know all d shares he bought? I felt those capital are just tied there and wasting away. Now that NSE has rebound and i think is an opportunity to sell it off.

Now, my own dilema is this. In 2008, I bought oceanic bank shares worth #100,000 and till this day, no single dividend. The certificate is still there gathering dust. What should i do please? I have better things to invest these money and not this manipulated stock market. I need help abeg
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 7:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
learner1: Is it possible to sell my late dad shares? No record nothing but i got to know about some when d dividend are being posted. Some of d profits are very annoying sometimes 1 naira, 200 naira e.t.c. How can i possibly know all d shares he bought? I felt those capital are just tied there and wasting away. Now that NSE has rebound and i think is an opportunity to sell it off.

Now, my own dilema is this. In 2008, I bought oceanic bank shares worth #100,000 and till this day, no single dividend. The certificate is still there gathering dust. What should i do please? I have better things to invest these money and not this manipulated stock market. I need help abeg

Oceanic is practically worthless, I think it was converted to Ecobank Transnational or So,
Look for his share certificates, you should be able to claim them with his Death certificate and sell
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
learner1: Is it possible to sell my late dad shares? No record nothing but i got to know about some when d dividend are being posted. Some of d profits are very annoying sometimes 1 naira, 200 naira e.t.c. How can i possibly know all d shares he bought? I felt those capital are just tied there and wasting away. Now that NSE has rebound and i think is an opportunity to sell it off.

as bigx stated above provided your are the next-of-kin something can still be done but need to pass through some processing.
since u have no access to your father cscs account, he has not even de-materialization the pysical certificate so u can't know all the shares own by him or better look into his files and check the certificates for the share he owns, hope u know that u will need all this certificate for verification purpose before any sell
it so unfortunate u bought oceanic at the peak of 2008 but it now worthless as somebody said above but you shouldn't be discourage with that no business is immune to that 2008 financial crises happen to everyone of us except the luck one. NSE still have more potential bro
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godsfavson: 8:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
bigx:

Oceanic is practically worthless, I think it was converted to Ecobank Transnational or So,
Look for his share certificates, you should be able to claim them with his Death certificate and sell

I dont agree wit u on this... I bought it when everyone was dumping and it was converted to ETI and though the number reduced the value has been soaring lately. And ur dividend comes in ($$$$) Dollars!!!! So pls tell me How is it worthless pls do all u can to find out how many ETI shares u have and build on it cos I see it growing in the future.. My opinion though..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxisreal: 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
Godsfavson:

I dont agree wit u on this... I bought it when everyone was dumping and it was converted to ETI and though the number reduced the value has been soaring lately. And ur dividend comes in ($$$$) Dollars!!!! So pls tell me How is it worthless pls do all u can to find out how many ETI shares u have and build on it cos I see it growing in the future.. My opinion though..

bro when someone invest 1m on something and he can now realize 10k from the said investment, is that not worthless? the guy said he bought in 2008 go and check d price as at 2008 compare to the price u bought yours

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2013

Oceanic is now owned by ETI after the acquisition deal. According to information, shareholders of Oceanic Bank will get 1 new ETI shares in exchange of 14 Oceanic Bank shares. So you no longer have Oceanic Bank shares but ETI shares. Divide whatever units you bought by 14- that's the units of shares you currently hold in ETI. You can contact the registrars and ask them if you have any pending/ unclaimed dividends with them and they will let you know if you have any. I am not sure if there has been any dividend payout since the acquisition.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
fxisreal:

bro when someone invest 1m on something and he can now realize 10k from the said investment, is that not worthless? the guy said he bought in 2008 go and check d price as at 2008 compare to the price u bought yours

You are right. It is almost worthless. I bought 100,000 units of Oceanic during the public offer. After the acquisition deal with ETI, the units I have now is almost worthless to me and not encouraging. But at least it is better than bank PHB shares which is now completely worthless due to AMCON acquisition of failed banks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2013
Godsfavson:

It is almost worthless. Tell me how dividend payment in dollars is a plus. The equivalent in Naira is practically what other companies in its category would pay. Even after the acquisition, they refused to credit investors CSCS account with the new ETI shares equivalent. Information reaching me says ETI is delaying in crediting the equivalent ETI shares in investors account in order to avoid mass selling by investors which will in turn cause a sudden fall in the price of ETI shares. The coy has not been finding it easy since the acquisition deal and will want to delay crediting the ETI equivalent in investors account to allow them more time to make good profit and this may take another one or two years. So how is that not worthless? A stock that you cannot sell simply because you have not been credited is almost worthless. Even if ETI hit N100 today we cannot sell because we don't have it yet in our CSCS. All we can do is fold our hands and watch.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
I miss Okumo last rally, now am about to miss another Okumo plus Presco rallies.....
#My bed and kitchen utensils sale.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2013
Elai147:

It is almost worthless. Tell me how dividend payment in dollars is a plus. The equivalent in Naira is practically what other companies in its category would pay. Even after the acquisition, they refused to credit investors CSCS account with the new ETI shares equivalent. Information reaching me says ETI is delaying in crediting the equivalent ETI shares in investors account in order to avoid mass selling by investors which will in turn cause a sudden fall in the price of ETI shares. The coy has not been finding it easy since the acquisition deal and will want to delay crediting the ETI equivalent in investors account to allow them more time to make good profit and this may take another one or two years. So how is that not worthless? A stock that you cannot sell simply because you have not been credited is almost worthless. Even if ETI hit N100 today we cannot sell because we don't have it yet in our CSCS. All we can do is fold our hands and watch.

Check with your broker, mine was credited and I sold earlier this year

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (7815) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: megawealth01, lebuhsi(m), Mpeace(m), Whytehandy, IYGEAL(m), Buzochi, ositadima1(m), Digitron, cocolacec(m), Stan2330(m), lexy2lexy, KarlTom, aimaft and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.