Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10873874 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6697) (6698) (6699) (6700) (6701) (6702) (6703) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 4:45pm On May 12, 2022
Sir,
This against my rule no 1, never borrow to trade stocks grin

emmanuelewumi:

You need Stockbrokers the can give you loan to trade or for personal needs. Instead of selling your shares at a loss you can get a loan which you can use for other Investments or businesses
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:49pm On May 12, 2022
sellydion:
Sir,

Maybe leverage is a better word here Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 4:55pm On May 12, 2022
Bbbwings:

Seems like wapco will reach 50naira by Friday before your loan is approved cheesy
Curious... once it reaches it's peak during this rally will it experience substantial retracement ?
Should we sell at peak of this rally?
I have some wapco..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:18pm On May 12, 2022
sellydion:
Sir,

I don't trade stocks, I invest in businesses selling at a discount. The loans are equivalent to my annual dividend income, except during a brutal bear market where I can get an average dividend yield of over 15% that is when I get loans that are equivalent to twice or thrice my dividend income, with a plan to liquidate the loan within 24 months to 30 months

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 6:23pm On May 12, 2022
yMcy56:

Lol. This is just it Oga Toluway.
Calculate 10% on top of the closing price of the bid today, add it to the closing price, should give you the max for the next day.....
Be on your PC by 9.20/9.25, fill in the buy column and just be waiting for the minutes to clock 9.30/9.31am........and submit ....to be among the earliest bidders ......

Profit takers/the fearfuls used to sell earlier, your bid will be filled up.... smiley

Same applies to selling.........calculate 10% of closing price and minus from the closing price, place your offer earlier.......

Remember the rules of some stocks with 0.01, 0.05 or 0.10 range mvmt.

For instance:
INTBREW closed @8.90 yesterday, 10% of 8.90 is 0.89, the highest trading % for today would be 8.90+0.85 =9.75.....which you can see in market today.

This early bidding or offer placement has its own advantage and disadvantage as well........pays jijoists mostly. smiley
In that case, are you saying i should add price limit? Otherwise, bidding at market price should have taken care of the 10% thing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 6:28pm On May 12, 2022
Ojoboak:

Which other stockbrokers have delivered and could be recommended.

Try Meristem Stockbrokers Ltd, they give Margin loans.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:44pm On May 12, 2022
dapix:

Try Meristem Stockbrokers Ltd, they give Margin loans.

I don't recommend margin loans. Margin loans are for short durations usually 3 months to 6 months. Most of the people who take margin loans hope to pay back their loans through capital appreciation of the Investments which might not happen within 6 months.

He can get a 12 months term loan from Meristem Finance a subsidiary of the Meristem group and then use his salary or profit from his business to pay back over a period of 12 months. Interest rate is less than 20% per annum

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 7:20pm On May 12, 2022
Caverton had a plane crash cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 7:55pm On May 12, 2022
I'm surprise nobody is talking about Flourmill. It looks like it's about to play catch up with Okomu and Presco, based on their palm oil plantation asset. How high can it go?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:27pm On May 12, 2022
courage89:
I'm surprise nobody is talking about Flourmill. It looks like it's about to play catch up with Okomu and Presco, based on their palm oil plantation asset. How high can it go?

Poor profit margin and low return on equity.

They need to unbundle the business into about 4 different Businesess in order to unlock value.

1. Sugar
2. Flour Mills and pasta
3. Agriculture and agro processing.
4. Fertilizer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:30pm On May 12, 2022
Mpeace:
BUA foods is worse, the other shares up to over 99.9% are owned by bua limited, bua industries, Rabui jr and some other persons with Rabui in their name. My question is why do they come to the stock exchange if almost the entire shares are owned by the samr family.

Rabui is just manipulating his stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:31pm On May 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Poor profit margin and low return on equity.

They need to unbundle the business into about 4 different Businesess in order to unlock value.

1. Sugar
2. Flour Mills and pasta
3. Agriculture and agro processing.
4. Fertilizer

The was a time FMN was unbundled, it wasn't profitable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:32pm On May 12, 2022
jideflash:
Caverton had a plane crash cry
Today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

The was a time FMN was unbundled, it wasn't profitable.

They only sold Bagco. FMN needs to be unbundled in order to create value for shareholders

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:46pm On May 12, 2022
courage89:
Okomu is palm oil, Flour mills is vegetable and soya oil. Palm oil is not as universally available as vegetable oil. The scarcity of palm oil is what makes presco and okomu more expensive.
Mind you UACN also does vegetable oil. We all know their Grand Oil here in nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 8:46pm On May 12, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 8:50pm On May 12, 2022
sellydion:
Sir,

That used to be my rule until I discovered it is a yeye rule. I borrowed funds to buy MTN and NAHCO. My money is almost doubled in MTN. Have paid off NAHCO. MTN will be payed off by year end. My brother if you see cheap loan collect. That's how the rich get richer.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:07pm On May 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

They only sold Bagco. FMN needs to be unbundled in order to create value for shareholders

https://nairametrics.com/2019/03/08/flour-mills-nigeria-to-merge-five-subsidiaries/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:21pm On May 12, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

https://nairametrics.com/2019/03/08/flour-mills-nigeria-to-merge-five-subsidiaries/

They need to unbundle the businesess and list them separately, that will make it easier to analyze the company and unlock value
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:27pm On May 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

They need to unbundle the businesess and list them separately, that will make it easier to analyze the company and unlock value

But the were separated before, although not listed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:32pm On May 12, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

But the were separated before, although not listed.

They are not independent, they are subsidiaries. Their accounts are consolidated with that of the group
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 9:45pm On May 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Who is your Stockbroker? You should be able to get fund in less than 5 working days
Since I send message to my stockbroker for loan according to Oga Emma they stop responding to my messages.when I put call across for other important things the lady called Ifeoma once she hears my voice,she will be shouting hello! hello!! and end the call.she will never pick my call again even when I call back.this is a stockbrokage firm that have been enjoying my commission for more than a decade.Nigeria stockbrokers and their way.that is why many nigerians don't believe in most Nigeria company grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:46pm On May 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

They are not independent, they are subsidiaries. Their accounts are consolidated with that of the group

Oh, I understand now.
They were just subsidiaries.

I think NNFM is also a subsidiary of FMN, but listed separately on the exchange.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:46am On May 13, 2022
Slimdove:

Since I send message to my stockbroker for loan according to Oga Emma they stop responding to my messages.when I put call across for other important things the lady called Ifeoma once she hears my voice,she will be shouting hello! hello!! and end the call.she will never pick my call again even when I call back.this is a stockbrokage firm that have been enjoying my commission for more than a decade.Nigeria stockbrokers and their way.that is why many nigerians don't believe in most Nigeria company grin

It is not compulsory for Stockbrokers to give loans, some can assist you to get a loan from their banks.

FSDH Capital and Meristem Securities will give you loans.

Investment One Stockbrokers will direct you to their sister company ie Orange One Finance which will give you a loan for personal needs or stock trading.

Instead of complaining about your Stockbroker find out those who offer leverage to their clients.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:48am On May 13, 2022
Heishere:

That used to be my rule until I discovered it is a yeye rule. I borrowed funds to buy MTN and NAHCO. My money is almost doubled in MTN. Have paid off NAHCO. MTN will be payed off by year end. My brother if you see cheap loan collect. That's how the rich get richer.

Correct, provided you didn't borrow more than what you can handle

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:32am On May 13, 2022
Those who bought Lafarge on 20th April 2022 at about N25 would have made a profit of about 24% in less than 3 weeks. Very possible for a pull back by next week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 4:16am On May 13, 2022
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36018_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC%20FBNHOLDINGS%20_NOTIFICTION_ON_FILING_OF.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by erwinschro: 5:56am On May 13, 2022
emmanuelewumi:
Those who bought Lafarge on 20th April 2022 at about N25 would have made a profit of about 24% in less than 3 weeks. Very possible for a pull back by next week.

One can only dream grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 6:58am On May 13, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

While those who bought IBL around same time are on 101+%!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 9:01am On May 13, 2022
The best that could happen is not to borrow on margin, if done and a brutal bear market starts your broker would not be smiling.

If you can fund repayments through salaries, rents or dividend that is good.

Heishere:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by erwinschro: 9:19am On May 13, 2022
Hope you people will release some GSK and Wapco for me today

(1) (2) (3) ... (6697) (6698) (6699) (6700) (6701) (6702) (6703) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chillykelly86(m), Hajicairo(m), olujaidi, Streetinvestor2, defebe and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.