Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10881322 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6700) (6701) (6702) (6703) (6704) (6705) (6706) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:13am On May 16, 2022
I dont think so. Oando was rather unfortunate.
Mpeace:
But they need to be careful so they don't chew more than they can swallow lest they end up choking in debts like oando.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:23am On May 16, 2022
sellydion:
It can happen to any body bro. Best not to rush. Seplat already has huge debt burden, they better be cautious and not let greed swallow them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:38am On May 16, 2022
Airtel 1,533, Okomu oil 236
Hmm. Things dey happen oh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:46am On May 16, 2022
Mpeace:
But they need to be careful so they don't chew more than they can swallow lest they end up choking in debts like oando.

Why are you comparing sleep with death? Comparing OandO with SEPLAT? Infra dignitatem cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:46am On May 16, 2022
sellydion:

Unfortunate? How? Scamming investors?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:54am On May 16, 2022
wanaj0:

Why are you comparing sleep with death? Comparing OandO with SEPLAT? Infra dignitatem cheesy
lol. Something killed oando naa. Recall oando was once over 100. Bad management and decisions killed it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 11:11am On May 16, 2022
Recession came in distrupting the whole balance. oil price pulmetted
wanaj0:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gbengafaro1986: 11:23am On May 16, 2022
Any one on the update on why WAPCO is shedding weight?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 11:26am On May 16, 2022
gbengafaro1986:

Most likely profit takers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GreatEko: 11:55am On May 16, 2022
sellydion:
Recession came in distrupting the whole balance. oil price pulmetted

Unipetrol Plc used to be a well-managed business until WT & co bought a controlling stake in the company. These guys ruined it because they have absolutely no experience in managing an oil and gas business.

Seplat is different in that they have experienced managers in their leadership.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 12:03pm On May 16, 2022
GreatEko:

Unipetrol Plc used to be a well-managed business until WT & co bought a controlling stake in the company. These guys ruined it because they have absolutely no experience in managing an oil and gas business.

kikikikiki.

With over a trillion naira gbese, corporate governance disaster ex-MD Avuru wey codedly float anoda oil coy to bid against Seplat even while as full time MD/co-founder and Chairman/cofounder wey be serial debtor so tey bank dey seal Seplat offices na experience? grin

Seplat na oando 2.0 wey still dey disguise .

Nestle go dey laugh wen people compare dem with a gbese-laden coy like Seplat because dem share price dey close. If Nestle dey owe over a trillion gbese dem no go dey defend dia price at over N1400.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:13pm On May 16, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

kikikikiki.
With over a trillion naira gbese, corporate governance disaster ex-MD Avuru wey codedly float anoda oil coy to bid against Seplat even while as full time MD and Chairman wey be serial debtor na experience? grin
Seplat na oando 2.0 wey dey disguise
Just wait. I have nothing against seplat but I think they should be cautious on the loans for acquisitions, on the back of rising debt profile.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourhealthNG2(m): 12:45pm On May 16, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

It can only be a winning stock if it is fundamentally cheap with future prospect for a predictable earning growth.

A winning stock that becomes fundamentally expensive will become a bad stock
Meristem denied me access to my trading account because I took a personal loan from them. I asked them this question before taking the loan but the guy that handled it insisted that they will only place a lien on the part of my portfolio used a collateral for the loan. He said I will still have access to my account. Why deny me access to my entire portfolio if I only used a fraction of it as collateral?? I don't understand.

Was that your experience?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 12:51pm On May 16, 2022
GreatEko:

I disagree o! Seplat is already treading that path slowly. Their corporate governance structure has been largely influenced by the major players therein which is a red flag.

They need to ensure that their corporate governance structure is given the necessary premium it deserves or they will become Oando PLC Pro Max.

It is this optimum corporate governance structure that will ensure the necessary risk and controls are in place to mitigate against any downward trend in the price of crude oil whenever it happens.

Seven Energy Limited, an associated company of theirs is a good example of what could happen when corporate governance goes downhill.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 1:00pm On May 16, 2022
Ades1:
I don sokale from SEPLAT at 130%+ profit. Thanks to all the gurus in the house. Patiently waiting for the next mega call

Nice one !
D koko is ur 130 percent dey ur acct...
Still sold some units at N1400
first thing this mornin....
Hope it still has some gas left to run...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GreatEko: 1:32pm On May 16, 2022
ololufemi:

I disagree o! Seplat is already treading that path slowly. Their corporate governance structure has been largely influenced by the major players therein which is a red flag.

They need to ensure that their corporate governance structure is given the necessary premium it deserves or they will become Oando PLC Pro Max.

It is this optimum corporate governance structure that will ensure the necessary risk and controls are in place to mitigate against any downward trend in the price of crude oil whenever it happens.

Seven Energy Limited, an associated company of theirs is a good example of what could happen when corporate governance goes downhill.

Many thanks for your constructive response.

Seplat's corporate governance issues are being addressed. ABC Orjiako is leaving the company this month and Austin Avuru has also exited from the Board. I expect their corporate governance to be strengthened going forward.

I agree there are still more lingering issues to be sorted out including their loanbook, acquisitions during periods of high oil prices, shares award etc. However, any good investor should be able to discount those issues and find the value inherent in this business.

Moreover, I still maintain my earlier opinion that Seplat has more experienced hands in their current leadership and wouldn't want their reputation to be ruined. Hence, they forced Avuru out. You might want to check it out.

Thank you.

NB: I don't own a single share of Seplat. I hope to buy when their corporate governance and financials are improved.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:39pm On May 16, 2022
YourhealthNG2:

Meristem denied me access to my trading account because I took a personal loan from them. I asked them this question before taking the loan but the guy that handled it insisted that they will only place a lien on the part of my portfolio used a collateral for the loan. He said I will still have access to my account. Why deny me access to my entire portfolio if I only used a fraction of it as collateral?? I don't understand.

Was that your experience?

Send a mail for your transactions. You cant trade yourself again, until after settling your debts.

That is the norm.

You used your shares as collateral and you still want to have the ability to sell those shares yourself, your stockbroker is the person who can buy and sell for you until you liquidate your loan.

What is the interest on the loan? What is the duration of the loan
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:42pm On May 16, 2022
gbengafaro1986:

It is expected, especially those who bought about 3 weeks ago

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:43pm On May 16, 2022
GreatEko:

Many thanks for your constructive response.

Seplat's corporate governance issues are being addressed. ABC Orjiako is leaving the company this month and Austin Avuru has also exited from the Board. I expect their corporate governance to be strengthened going forward.

I agree there are still more lingering issues to be sorted out including their loanbook, acquisitions during periods of high oil prices, shares award etc. However, any good investor should be able to discount those issues and find the value inherent in this business.

Moreover, I still maintain my earlier opinion that Seplat has more experienced hands in their current leadership and wouldn't want their reputation to be ruined. Hence, they forced Avuru out. You might want to check it out.

Thank you.

NB: I don't own a single share of Seplat. I hope to buy when their corporate governance and financials are improved.
No body said seplat is a bad company. We only advised that seplat be cautious in loans and acquisitions. Too much aggressive investments in bullish period is not too good.
Remember First bank almost collapsed because one CEO(Bisi Olasanya) decided in time of high oil prices, to give out too many loans to oil companies without due diligence.
Mind you, The said CEO was an experienced hand in the field of banking. He wanted to make huge profit for the bank thus his decision to give out more loans to the oil industry. FBNH has not fully recovered from the repercussions even as we noted that only a few banks would have survived that experience.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 1:46pm On May 16, 2022
What factors can one use to predict the period when crude oil price will become low?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seylad2009(m): 1:50pm On May 16, 2022
wanaj0:

Hello boss, How are you doing?

I would like you to put me through on some issues.

Pls can you drop ur digit or pls chat me up.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 2:17pm On May 16, 2022
Mpeace:
No body said seplat is a bad company. We only advised that seplat be cautious in loans and acquisitions. Too much aggressive investments in bullish period is not too good.
Remember First bank almost collapsed because one CEO(Bisi Olasanya) decided in time of high oil prices, to give out too many loans to oil companies without due diligence.
Mind you, The said CEO was an experienced hand in the field of banking. He wanted to make huge profit for the bank thus his decision to give out more loans to the oil industry. FBNH has not fully recovered from the repercussions even as we noted that only a few banks would have survived that experience.

Chai! You are right my sister. FBN Holdings PLC was another organization that had massive corporate governance issues. Leave that part about making huge profits for the bank because his Chief Risk Officer warned about the exposures to a lot of those transactions but they trudged on. Some of these people ought to be in jail for those insider related facilities they influenced towards Seawolf Oilfield Services Limited as well as other companies influenced by top shareholders and board members.

It was alleged that he got massive kickbacks from those transactions and these were later used to finance his real estate portfolios in places across Ikoyi, Lekki Phase 1 and Banana Island towards his retirement. The dude is also involved with the company that produces Bigi drinks and their associated sausage products.

When corporate governance goes out of the main door, it usually walks away with the key to the main doors of any building. It is always better for investors to exit such building using the emergency exit or windows which is quicker because the crowd presence at the main door may be too much for ease of passage.

These people don't care about retail investors o! Aside the dividends they get, they already make a large chunk of their returns from deals.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 2:17pm On May 16, 2022
Nice one

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:23pm On May 16, 2022
IHelp:
Nice one
Transcorp is doing wonderfully well. Thanks to my village people that made me put more funds there. I am on over 40% profit on this. .98 to1.40

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourhealthNG2(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Send a mail for your transactions. You cant trade yourself again, until after settling your debts.

That is the norm.

You used your shares as collateral and you still want to have the ability to sell those shares yourself, your stockbroker is the person who can buy and sell for you until you liquidate your loan.

What is the interest on the loan? What is the duration of the loan
Total of 20 percent per annum and 12 months duration.

I'm opening an account with Morgan Capital. Should I choose cash account or direct cash settlement? Please what is the difference?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 2:53pm On May 16, 2022
NNFM hmmmm i dey hear am but the signal is not clear enough to share what i heard about the company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourhealthNG2(m): 2:57pm On May 16, 2022
Please I'm opening an account with Morgan Capital. Should I choose cash account or direct cash settlement? Please what is the difference?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:58pm On May 16, 2022
YourhealthNG2:

Total of 20 percent per annum and 12 months duration.

I'm opening an account with Morgan Capital. Should I choose cash account or direct cash settlement? Please what is the difference?

If you trust your stockbroker you dont need direct cash settlement.

What did you buy with the loan?

You can decide to liquidate the loan before 12 months. Did you choose monthly or quaterly payment of the interest alone or for the payments of both interest and principal

You can also sell some of the shares in your portfolio but you have to send a mail or text message to Meristem.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 2:58pm On May 16, 2022
samguru:
NNFM hmmmm i dey hear am but the signal is not clear enough t share what i heard about the company.

Hmmm..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YourhealthNG2(m): 3:10pm On May 16, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

If you trust your stockbroker you dont need direct cash settlement.

What did you buy with the loan?

You can decide to liquidate the loan before 12 months. Did you choose monthly or quaterly payment of the interest alone or for the payments of both interest and principal

You can also sell some of the shares in your portfolio but you have to send a mail or text message to Meristem.
The loan is for property development

I chose quarterly repayments for interest and capital..

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:29pm On May 16, 2022
YourhealthNG2:

The loan is for property development

I chose quarterly repayments for interest and capital..

Thank you.

Dont you think 12 months is too short for a property development loan, once you are servicing your interest sha you can always renew the loan for as long as possible, even up to 5 years

Welcome to the world of leverage using your equity investments as collateral, most banks will not allow this and their interst can be as high as 26% to 30% per annum

(1) (2) (3) ... (6700) (6701) (6702) (6703) (6704) (6705) (6706) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Emumakpo and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.