Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10899285 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6729) (6730) (6731) (6732) (6733) (6734) (6735) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2022
INTBREW, UACN........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
robobo:

They know Nigerians are docile set of people. Among the other Shareholders that are being shortchanged would be several lawyers. what stop one or two of them from also approaching a court to get an injunction against the DAYLIGHT ROBERRY they (OODP) intend to perpetrate. and in conjunction with the injunction write several petitions to all necessary state organs (NSE/SEC/NASS e.t.c). Even much more petitioning JSE (so the issue can become international cause most of the institution in country are compromised) because Oando is also listed on JSE.

The court became a father Christmas in this instance by granting the relief that was not sought.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2022
Harvestock01:

The court became a father Christmas in this instance by granting the relief that was not sought.

That is the more reason why shareholders (that are also lawyers) should appeal the decision / or get another court to stop the DAYLIGHT ROBERRY.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:04pm On Jun 23, 2022
Harvestock01:
Something doesn't seems right here.
I want to believe there's a game play going on there.
Is it not possible for OANDO to also pocket the 14 minority holders, then story will change again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
grin
OBAGADAFFI:

Fear Wale Tinubu, the buyout might be lower than the current price.

Oando and scam, are 5&6.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tpharell: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

Fear Wale Tinubu, the buyout might be lower than the current price.

Oando and scam, are 5&6.
The shareholders get to vote to accept the offer, so I believe it can be turned down if reasonably low
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
Tpharell:

The shareholders get to vote to accept the offer, so I believe it can be turned down if reasonably low

Which shareholders? or which meeting? meeting that would be deliberately be made onerous (just like the petition also. Isnt the right thing to do when they were served with the court paper for the petition to inform SEC immediately so that other minority shareholders that are interested in the case can be asked to be joined to the petition/case?)

i beggiiiii

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
OODP of OANDO trying to forcefully take over other shareholders shares would be tantamount to Otedola asking court to force the other shareholders in FBNH to sell their shares to him.

If the court was presided by rational beings, they would have asked the 14 shareholders to go ahead to sell their own shares. Is that not what the stock exchange is meant for? Why joining others to your own desire to sell? Do we not have freedom to buy and sell?
If OODP want to buy more of OANDO shares, let them buy on the stock exchange!!!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2022
robobo:

Which shareholders? or which meeting? meeting that would be deliberately be made onerous (just like the petition also. Isnt the right thing to do when they were served with the court paper for the petition to inform SEC immediately so that other minority shareholders that are interested in the case can be asked to be joined to the petition/case?)

i beggiiiii

SEC for where..
SEC wey you go find ...
U no go see them... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
Seunn11:
OODP of OANDO trying to forcefully take over other shareholders shares would be tantamount to Otedola asking court to force the other shareholders in FBNH to sell their shares to him.

If the court was presided by rational beings, they would have asked the 14 shareholders to go ahead to sell their own shares. Is that not what the stock exchange is meant for? Why joining others to your own desire to sell? Do we not have freedom to buy and sell?
If OODP want to buy more of OANDO shares, let them buy on the stock exchange!!!

This would definitely be setting a bad precedent in the country.

So Unilever International being the majority holder of Unilever Nigeria can just get some ragtag shareholders together to get a court judgement to buy other minority shareholders out because the ragtag investors believe that best suited THERE own interest.

if not for the fact that SEC/NSE are already compromised they should just throw the issue out and not entertain it at all.

Like you rightly said the right thing for any shareholder that is not happy with the current state of things is to sell his shares on the floor of stock exchange and not approach a court to be bought out then also request the court to also mandate that all other minority shareholders that have nothing to do with him (and his desire) should also be bought out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2022
FBNH
Sighted @ days high N10.10!

Where's that Oga that wants to dump his kaya @8.25 or so??
Oya calculate the extra on top and bring for thanksgiving. tongue

UCAP chopping cane on the other hand...... why nah? sad
So also ZENITH.........quite some volume @21.90......
ZENITH closed @21.70........do these guys know what we don't know yet??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2022
Tpharell:

If you have ever attended AGM, you will know that Shareholders can be bought over.

In fact, some shareholders' associations, are on the company's payrolls.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
robobo:

This would definitely be setting a bad precedent in the country.

So Unilever International being the majority holder of Unilever Nigeria can just get some ragtag shareholders together to get a court judgement to buy other minority shareholders out because the ragtag investors believe that best suited THERE own interest.

if not for the fact that SEC/NSE are already compromised they should just throw the issue out and not entertain it at all.

Like you rightly said the right thing for any shareholder that is not happy with the current state of things is to sell his shares on the floor of stock exchange and not approach a court to be bought out then also request the court to also mandate that all other minority shareholders that have nothing to do with him (and his desire) should also be bought out

It will not augur well for the stock market in Nigeria. This is impunity/sale of justice in its purest form.
If OODP of OANDO have their way, if it were to be another country, their business may be ..... to the ground o....
This is stealing from every other person that has put their hard earned money into the business over the years.

That they even considered this shows that OODP/Tinubu are less than human and no one should have nothing to do with these blood suckers. Their business should not exist any more. They are not fit to exist as business.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2022
Seunn11:

It will not augur well for the stock market in Nigeria. This is impunity/sale of justice in its purest form.
If OODP of OANDO have their way, if it were to be another country, their business may be ..... to the ground o....
This is stealing from every other person that has put their hard earned money into the business over the years.

That they even considered this shows that OODP/Tinubu are less than human and no one should have nothing to do with these blood suckers. Their business should not exist any more. They are not fit to exist as business.

When I saw both Bola and Wale Tinubu visiting Aso Rock after the Presidential Primaries i knew........................ grin grin grin grin

The Guys have impunity written on their head they don't care about anybody.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2022
robobo:

They know Nigerians are docile set of people. Among the other Shareholders that are being shortchanged would be several lawyers. what stop one or two of them from also approaching a court to get an injunction against the DAYLIGHT ROBERRY they (OODP) intend to perpetrate. and in conjunction with the injunction write several petitions to all necessary state organs (NSE/SEC/NASS e.t.c). Even much more petitioning JSE (so the issue can become international cause most of the institution in country are compromised) because Oando is also listed on JSE.
My brother. Forget it. The country is gone and any lawyer that knows how things work will not even bother suing certain companies. Its no use. Many big companies in nigeria don't obey court orders any more. It started with the politicians and now many companies have joined. I am aware of some companies on NSE that flagrantly disobey court orders even with impunity. Zenith bank is chief, gtb, unity bank. If you are in the system you will understand better. Oando is also one of them, Dang group etc. You sue them its just a waste of money. They comply if they wish to.
Except a powerful figure with access to the cabal is interested, that oando delisting judgment stands.
Since they installed that new Chief justice things have not been the same.
My advice: just play along and pray they adequately compensate the said minorities. As for the 14 so called minorities that instituted the suit, be sure that they have already been adequately compensated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
Mpeace:
My brother. Forget it. The country is gone and any lawyer that knows how things work will not even bother suing certain companies. Its no use. Many big companies in nigeria don't obey court orders any more. It started with the politicians and now many companies have joined. I am aware of some companies on NSE that flagrantly disobey court orders even with impunity. Zenith bank is chief, gtb, unity bank. If you are in the system you will understand better. Oando is also one of them, Dang group etc. You sue them its just a waste of money. They comply if they wish to.
Except a powerful figure with access to the cabal is interested, that oando delisting judgment stands.
Since they installed that new Chief justice things have not been the same.
My advice: just play along and pray they adequately compensate the said minorities. As for the 14 so called minorities that instituted the suit, be sure that they have already been adequately compensated.

while i agree with some of your assertion about impunity, if i am a lawyer and a shareholder of Oando, i would still get a court injunction against the DAYLIGHT ROBERRY about to happen and ensure SEC is joined in the injunction, not necessarily because i believe Oando and SEC would still not act with impunity but at least for it to be on record that a court of competent jurisdiction ruled against the DAYLIGHT ROBERRY but the parties still went ahead to do as they wish (there would be a time that a Pharaoh that does not know Joseph would come into place and at such point such injunction/ court pronouncement could come in handy)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2022
robobo:

while i agree with some of your assertion about impunity, if i am a lawyer and a shareholder of Oando, i would still get a court injunction against the DAYLIGHT ROBERRY about to happen and ensure SEC is joined in the injunction, not necessarily because i believe Oando and SEC would still not act with impunity but at least for it to be on record that a court of competent jurisdiction ruled against the DAYLIGHT ROBERRY but the parties still went ahead to do as they wish (there would be a time that a Pharaoh that does not know Joseph would come into place and at such point such injunction/ court pronouncement could come in handy)
My advice for you sir, don't take what you typed up there so serious enough to go ahead and break the law.
When you go break the law and bank on people , you will be shocked that when the poo hits the fan, people will abandon you to your fate. MDs of Bank PhB ,Oceanic bank, Intercontinental, Finbank etc thought they were untouchable but today are in disgrace yet it is same institution and patriots who sent them to jail.

Instead of sounding so pessimistic, just add to other creative suggestions by Seunn11 and robobo

I urge Oando minority shareholders to report Oando, Venus comstruction company, Ocean and Oil , the judge to SEC and petition the Investment and Secuties Tribunal(IST).
Quit the lamentations and pessimism. It is not funny either. Nation building is serious business.

Here is the SEC Investor relations number 094621168. Call them , send emails, mobilize , call out that Judge who issued that kind of judgement, report the Judge to NJC, take them all to court of public opinion!Expose those 14 minority shareholders and owners of Nexus Construction.
Some of us do not have any other country so can not talk down on our fatherland.

If you are conversant with history of legal judgements in capital markets even in Western nations, this kind of strange legal judgement on high stake issues like this should not give you reason to talk down on Nigeria. This is not unexpected but I have absolute faith in SEC and NGx that they will once again beat Oando management to it.
Nigerians are not and never stupid. We just do not want Oando, our own indigenous brand dead so we will engage constructively.
To destroy is easy but to build is hardwork. Oando is bigger than Wale and Boyo.

May God bless Nigeria for ever .

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2022
yMcy56:
FBNH
Sighted @ days high N10.10!

Where's that Oga that wants to dump his kaya @8.25 or so??
Oya calculate the extra on top and bring for thanksgiving. tongue

UCAP chopping cane on the other hand...... why nah? sad
So also ZENITH.........quite some volume @21.90......

ZENITH closed @21.70........do these guys know what we don't know yet??

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2022
Vaughanlanrewaj:

My advice for you sir, don't take what you typed up there so serious enough to go ahead and break the law.
When you go break the law and bank on people , you will be shocked that when the poo hits the fan, people will abandon you to your fate. MDs of Bank PhB ,Oceanic bank, Intercontinental, Finbank etc thought they were untouchable but today are in disgrace yet it is same institution and patriots who sent them to jail.

Instead of sounding so pessimistic, just add to other creative suggestions by Seunn11

I urge Oando minority shareholders to report Oando, Venus comstruction company, Ocean and Oil , the judge to SEC and petition the Investment and Secuties Tribunal(IST).
Quit the lamentations and pessimism.

Here is the SEC Investor relations number 094621168. Call them , send emails, mobilize , call out that Judge who issued that kind of judgement, report the Judge to NJC, take them all to court of public opinion!Expose those 14 minority shareholders and owners of Nexus Construction.
Some of us do not have any country so can not talk down on our fatherland.

If you are conversant with history of legal judgements in capital markets even in Western nations, this kind of strange legal judgement on high stake issues like this should not give you reason to talk down on Nigeria. This is not unexpected but I have absolute faith in SEC and NGx that they will once again beat Oando management to it.
Nigerians are not and never stupid. We just do not want Oando, our own indigenous brand dead so we will engage constructively.

lol. SEC cannot intervene after the court have spoken. SEC can only use its powers to ensure that the court's judgment is carried out accordingly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Vaughanlanrewaj: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
Mpeace:
lol. SEC cannot intervene after the court have spoken. SEC can only use its powers to ensure that the court's judgment is carried out accordingly.
I honestly do not know what is funny o. IST is an equivalent of a High court sir wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:
Jumped out of Oando with my 30%.

I got this message from one of my stockbrokers

Oando PLC Announces Outcome of Petition Filed by Minority Shareholders

Oando Plc released a circular on June 22, 2021 stating that the company's shares faces the risk of being delisted from the NGX.

Summary of the circular.

Minority shareholders of Oando plc petitioned the court in 2021, for Ocean and Oil Development Partners limited (OODP) to acquire their share holdings of 42.63% from Oando Plc.
The court ruled in the Minority shareholder’s favour.

OODP currently holds 57.37% of Oando shares and if this shares acquisition takes place, OODP will hold the entire shares of Oando Plc. And the implication of this is that Oando shares will be voluntarily delisted from the NGX and will no longer be available for trading.

However, this is still subject to votes by existing shareholders.
With this information, we would advice our investors to be on the lookout on their holdings in Oando Plc as the share price has started declining following the circular
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2022
Vaughanlanrewaj:

I honestly do not know what is funny o. IST is an equivalent of a High court sir wink
Appeals from IST goes to the the Federal High court. The IST is a tribunal that acts like an inhouse dispute settlement mechanism. Unlike the courts, the I ST is not recognised in the constitution but only a creation of the statute of the national assembly. Its not a court of record. But I am not laughing in a hilarious mood. The laugh is due to the hopelessness of the situation. Lets hope a powerful shareholder fights back.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

If you have ever attended AGM, you will know that Shareholders can be bought over.

In fact, some shareholders' associations, are on the company's payrolls.
Very true, I can testify to that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2022
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Instead of sounding so pessimistic, just add to other creative suggestions by Seunn11

Quit the lamentations and pessimism. It is not funny either. Nation building is serious business.

Some of us do not have any other country so can not talk down on our fatherland.

To destroy is easy but to build is hardwork. Oando is bigger than Wale and Boyo.

Oga what is the breaking the law part that you are harping on?

Did you read my post at all? if you did cant you see that my proposal was to approach a law court for an injunction, even after MPEACE stated that with the level of impunity in the country the injunction might still not be obeyed by the parties ? or does that look like someone who is breaking the law?

or are you a paid agent of Oando such that my open proposal is giving a cause for concern

why try redirect to SEC or IST when some members of the forum (e.g Wille and MPEACE) had already said nothing much can come from that end also

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Mpeace:
Appeals from IST goes to the the Federal High court. The IST is a tribunal that acts like an inhouse dispute settlement mechanism. Unlike the courts, the I ST is not recognised in the constitution but only a creation of the statute of the national assembly. Its not a court of record. But I am not laughing in a hilarious mood. The laugh is due to the hopelessness of the situation. Lets hope a powerful shareholder fights back.

Thank you MPEACE.

I can now see the reason why he is trying to rechannel grievance on the issue to SEC/IST, it is because he knows nothing would come from that end.

which confirm my suspicion that he is vested on the issue.

whoever that have grievance on the issue should approach a court. it was the same Federal High Court that Oando itself approached on its protracted issue with SEC and not IST

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2022
I just published an article with the title:

"INTL BREWERIES: SETTLING THE ANAMBRA DEBATE"

...an in-depth analysis, review and follow-up inference on the debate surrounding the Anambra state govt "adventure" in international breweries Nig Plc; What you should know!

It's published on booksie, the U.K blog, medium and the personal finance section of some select Nigerian dailies.
You may wish to read through by using the link below.

https://www.booksie.com/675166-intl-breweries-settling-the-anambra-debate

Regards.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
Sir, OGG
I want to buy BUa Food solely because of the dividend.what is your advice
quote author=onegentleguy post=114089693]I just published an article with the title:

...an in-depth analysis, review and follow-up inference on the debate surrounding the Anambra state govt "adventure" in international breweries Nig Plc; What you should know!

It's published on booksie, the U.K blog, medium and the personal finance section of some select Nigerian dailies.

Regards.[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2022
Sir OGG, Onegentleguy
I want to buy BUa Food solely because of the dividend
What is your advice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 9:53pm On Jun 23, 2022
onegentleguy:
I just published an article with the title:

Regards.

If you think you can settle any political debate with this, you are on a long thing!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
ZikkyChops:

Very true, I can testify to that.

In Nigeria, you are On Your Own.

Just laughing @ guys attempting to sue Oando.
Oando saga cost some people at SEC thier Jobs.
A company that was on suspension for over two years.

There is no future in Oando.

It is a JIJO stock.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 10:56pm On Jun 23, 2022
Who owns shares in NDEP PLC here, when will they release their 2021 annual report?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:02am On Jun 24, 2022
Today 23rd payment date for uacn. Their dividend came in promptly. I only have 500 units for remembrance sake.
But fbnh, 3days after payment date, meristem registrars have nothing to say about non payment of many investors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6729) (6730) (6731) (6732) (6733) (6734) (6735) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sophy17(m), Shalom428, Locotrader(m), chimex38, beejay1(m), lexy2lexy, Jonwest and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.