Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6746) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10887990 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6743) (6744) (6745) (6746) (6747) (6748) (6749) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
PETERiCHY:
USD now #650 heading to #1000 while some are busy calculating dividend yield
PENNY WISE POUND FOOLISH undecided
Different strokes for different folks...... tongue

Remember that stocking up Dollars @ high price may have it's negative impact too, because $$ was scarce due to hoarding.........well, you may be lucky if it goes up the more but if otherwise, then........ lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gentop1: 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
I don't think there is anything difficult about it.All account holders with a stockbroking firm does KYC, with that it sufficient. What the stockbroking firm now needs to do is to update your account and inform you via a message

quote author=yMcy56 post=115082115]
This will be a bit difficult and complicated IMO.[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SmartMoneyGuy: 9:59am On Jul 26, 2022
Good morning NSEMPA community.

Please does anybody know what is going on with United Capital trading platform. I am undable to access it since last week.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:40am On Jul 26, 2022
ositadima1:
The line-up with regards to upside potential, I am about 65% sure grin :

1. Fidelity
2. FBNH
3. ZENITHBANK
4. FCMB
5. GTCO
6. UBA

After arranging the stocks using the 4 reasons in the previous post it surprisingly matched their PE ratios - Fidelity with d least and UBA the largest!

The Q2 results are coming out small small. FCMB did very well with a jump in profit from operations and comprehensive income. Unlike ETI not in this list that did very well in profit but dropped the ball in comprehensive income resulting in a fat loss.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2022
For the past 3 trading days, mtn has been collecting. Hmmm hope some have not seen the result. But they no suppose post bad result. Am expecting an excellent result from them sha.
N195 at the moment. From 230 of last week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ernie4life(m): 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
Mpeace:
For the past 3 trading days, mtn has been collecting. Hmmm hope some have not seen the result. But they no suppose post bad result. Am expecting an excellent result from them sha.
N195 at the moment. From 230 of last week.

N192.5 at the moment
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2022
ernie4life:

N192.5 at the moment
Mtn will end the day on full offer.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ernie4life(m): 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
Mpeace:

Any idea why?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2022
Mpeace:
International breweries on full offer at #5 grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2022

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2022
NSE don officially mad like the rest of the world markets. Watched my 2m naira profits turn to big fat 0 in like 5 months. Time to find and raise money to buy more. We die here!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
We can't deny the fact that those numbers where factors born out of this mis-ruling party's policies.
sonofElElyon:

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-peter-obi-administrations-12-24m-investment-in-international-breweries-now-worth-5-38m/amp

grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2022
Slimdove:

International breweries on full offer at #5 grin
And I bet there are some people who bought at N5 and saw it go to N10 and still believed it would go to N15-N20 in a couple of months time due to the euphoria in May. Quite similar to WAPCO really. Some advising others to invest in WAPCO even when the stock was N30? They would advise that WAPCO is not INTBREW so invest in WAPCO but at what price? Even if one invested when WAPCO was N5 then goes to up to N25 only for it to come back down to N5 in a couple of years time then you call this an investment?

I call it a TRICK a GAME a LIE. This is not investment this is outright gambling! This is a fact

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2022
rmx:

Toor

Ask am o , have all the trapped fpis of 2 years ago left ? Read somewhere airlines have 300m $ they can’t repatriate as of April , you have a huge differential between the official rate of 420 and blackmarket rate of 590 . Even the so called commodity of oil we can’t produce the normal 1.8/1.9m bpd , probably at 1.3m or less due to so many issues and theft , add subsidy , huge govt debt and maybe present political climate , people must be cautiously optimistic

Just passing bye , there is obviously fire on the mountain at the moment but make opportunities no pass us bye eventually also cool embarassed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Neverlosemoney: 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2022
IgiveLadiesBj:
Guys where can I short Nigerian stocks. Which platforms do you guys use?

What's the max leverage one can use?
Lol...Wrong thread. Your question is like: Asking; “Pls guys, where and how can I incite more damages on your stock holdings with your life savings in it?”

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
Zagee:
We can't deny the fact that those numbers where factors born out of this mis-ruling party's policies.

Obi should've been more calculating in risk taking with anambra money. Why not more secure stocks?? Anyway let's not turn this place to politics thread grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ades1:
NSE don officially mad like the rest of the world markets. Watched my 2m naira profits turn to big fat 0 in like 5 months. Time to find and raise money to buy more. We die here!

Hmmmm.. you need to time the market actually... Not beat it to submission which no one can..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2022
sonofElElyon:

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-peter-obi-administrations-12-24m-investment-in-international-breweries-now-worth-5-38m/amp

grin
At least, the investment is there for everybody to see and not inside Peter Obi's bank account. You and I know how the capital markets works. It goes up today and go down tomorrow. Up and down market is not exclusive to International Breweries (IB) stock alone, even worldwide, stocks are falling.

The source fail to let us know the worth of the investment when IB was N9 two months ago. Do try and give us reports of the investment when the same IB price go up in the months or years to come.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
NIGERIA STOCK MARKET SHOWING STRONG BEARISH TREND- WHAT CAN WE DO
The music in the market is currently bearish.

Sorry to tell the truth, the best we can do is just to slow down. If we have some profits in the market, let us put our stop loss in place and be ready to get out when our stop is hit.

For the Global market, bear market is a pain too, but there is a temporary (note the word temporary) safety in[b] VIX[/b] related stocks/ETF.

Let us not try to buy too soon, we should wait. For our followers, this matter has been on our table for quit some time.

The bear is singing, a popular song "bulls comot for road _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ I go jam you __ _ __ _ _ _ _

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2022
kolaish:
At least, the investment is there for everybody to see and not inside Peter Obi's bank account. You and I know how the capital markets works. It goes up today and go down tomorrow. Up and down market is not exclusive to International Breweries (IB) stock alone, even worldwide, stocks are falling.

The source fail to let us know the worth of the investment when IB was N9 two months ago. Do try and give us reports of the investment when the same IB price go up in the months or years to come.

There were safer stocks available.. anyway let's leave the matter before we convert here to politics thread

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
sonofElElyon:

There were safer stocks available.. anyway let's leave the matter before we convert here to politics thread

You don't even have the full gist. Did Obi invest in international breweries directly or as a result of meger? The primary brewery he invested in was at the time based in Onitsha, and that created revenue and employment for the State. [/b]This is even a gain in naira terms because you used naira to buy it[b] and this is even far more better than those that embezzled the State fund and it is today zero.

[/b]He invested #1.9B and today it is worth over #2.5B. please what are you talking[b]

The IB may in no distance Time turn to 50million or more.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2022
sonofElElyon:

grin

[/b] invested #1.9B but today it is worth over #2.5B. unlike people that stole the same #1.9B and today it is worth #0[b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 9:17am On Jul 27, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Obi should've been more calculating in risk taking with anambra money. Why not more secure stocks?? Anyway let's not turn this place to politics thread grin

Bro,

The investment entailed building a brewery in Anambra state which created jobs for its citizens, stimulating the value chain. It created an industry of farmers that grow the inputs that are used in making alcoholic drinks, suppliers, taxes to the state government. That brewery is still existing and producing drinks, paying taxed to the state government, employing both expatriates and locals. This is what every economy needs. Because the people that work at the brewery will need housing, food, clothing, schools, light....... so it was a wise investment.

The state has benefited more than 100% of what was invested.

It is ignorant people that look at only the share price. We saw the effect of portfolio investors on NSE in 2015, when they pulled out their money, the NSE crashed.

But those that build factories are the ones that are good for the economy. That investment is the type of investment Nigeria economy needs to save the naira.

If Toyota had a factory in Nigeria, there will not be any need to look for dollars to buy Toyota cars.

If all the things Nigeria imports are produced in Nigeria, there will be less pressure on the naira and our economy will be booming and there will be lots of jobs.

It was a wise decision he took to make that investment.

On the bolded, He also bought Eurobonds and had savings in dollars for the state.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2022
kolaish:
At least, the investment is there for everybody to see and not inside Peter Obi's bank account. You and I know how the capital markets works.......
The source fail to let us know the worth of the investment when IB was N9 two months ago....
It baffles me how people have been tagging Obi's investment in IB PLC on share price alone.......
Makes someone to wonder what can't these set of selfish beings called polithiefcians do just to tanish good plans and score cheap points.

The question is:
Did Obi invest the amount on shares alone?
If he'd invested the said amount on shares, at what price?

We should recall that International Breweries did IPO sometimes in the past (can't research the year now), and guess what the share price was?? 0.87kobo, if I could still recollect very well.
So, even @N5, anyone that invested in IB that time should be in profit.

Now, those arguing about this investment should please do us a favour and get the details of what transpires so we could understand perfectly what they were driving at.

** NB: Just looking at it from the investment point of view and not politics**

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:08am On Jul 27, 2022
Mpeace:
MTNN was seriously battered. One would wonder what its sin was........
Bargainers are watching it like halk sha.

Market was generally bloo.dy yesterday........
Watching how today's own go be......it is well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 10:08am On Jul 27, 2022
Dum20:

Bro,

The investment entailed building a brewery in Anambra state which created jobs for its citizens, stimulating the value chain. It created an industry of farmers that grow the inputs that are used in making alcoholic drinks, suppliers, taxes to the state government. That brewery is still existing and producing drinks, paying taxed to the state government, employing both expatriates and locals. This is what every economy needs. Because the people that work at the brewery will need housing, food, clothing, schools, light....... so it was a wise investment.

The state has benefited more than 100% of what was invested.

It is ignorant people that look at only the share price. We saw the effect of portfolio investors on NSE in 2015, when they pulled out their money, the NSE crashed.

But those that build factories are the ones that are good for the economy. That investment is the type of investment Nigeria economy needs to save the naira.

If Toyota had a factory in Nigeria, there will not be any need to look for dollars to buy Toyota cars.

If all the things Nigeria imports are produced in Nigeria, there will be less pressure on the naira and our economy will be booming and there will be lots of jobs.

It was a wise decision he took to make that investment.

On the bolded, He also bought Eurobonds and had savings in dollars for the state.

So do I quote you to the effect that anambra state has broken even on their investment when you sum up dividends and current share price

I maintain safer stocks were available to invest in. I don't want to get dragged into an argument so it won't degenerate to a political disagreement.. I'm not supporting either Tinubu or Obi but Tinubu invested in econet, later sold and made good profit for Lagos. It was wise investing. Profits can always be used to stimulate the economy of a state. Obi is too impulsive. Even with his facts and figures in speeches which on many occasions have been proved wrong.

p.s. I only cited Tinubu's econet investment to prove that time should be taken to choose best investment opportunities... I personally think Tinubu would make a horrible president so don't think I'm campaigning for him.. same goes for Obi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:11am On Jul 27, 2022
onegentleguy:
I just published an article with the title:

"INTL BREWERIES: SETTLING THE ANAMBRA DEBATE"

...an in-depth analysis, review and follow-up inference on the debate surrounding the Anambra state govt "adventure" in international breweries Nig Plc; What you should know!

It's published on booksie, the U.K blog, medium and the personal finance section of some select Nigerian dailies.
You may wish to read through by using the link below.

https://www.booksie.com/675166-intl-breweries-settling-the-anambra-debate

Regards.

Pls you fellows don't really need to put out a revert on INTEBREW.
I know at Slimdove/SonofElElyon was just looking to get some attention. ...perhaps an indirect ploy to help direct his footstep. wink cheesy grin
Chances are he read the article above but probably...

No need for too much talking.
Mr TIME will ALWAYS do her thing!
All my previous analysis/post/input on the coy still stand.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kereokwu(f): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2022
Pls state the "SAFER STOCK AVAILABLE" that he could have invested in that would have built factory and provided jobs. If only my state governor was this smart to invest even if half we would not have been this indebted.

sonofElElyon:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:29am On Jul 27, 2022
COURTVILLE
Pls did anyone receive payment yesterday?
26th was the payment date.

Modified: Dividend paid*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:34am On Jul 27, 2022
yMcy56:

MTNN was seriously battered. One would wonder what its sin was........
Bargainers are watching it like halk sha.

Market was generally bloo.dy yesterday........
Watching how today's own go be......it is well
Mtn fall started on friday or there about. I just did averaging down sha. Let the result come sowe know if its result induced. The next 3day lots of results will be released. We see how it goes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2022
Mpeace:
Mtn fall started on friday or there about. I just did averaging down sha. Let the result come sowe know if its result induced. The next 3day lots of results will be released. We see how it goes.
Yes. Saw it from 230 or thereabout, down to 192.50 yesterday.
Need to watch out for likely bottom before averaging down again.........there's also the need to be watchful of the dumpers appearing from nowhere towards closing of market.......except you're picking in tranches.

* Bids far outweigh offers as at now........watching if they're trying to cross to themselves at the price they converged on bid table........@185....

People will be looking for bear, bear will come dem go pick race again.... smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6743) (6744) (6745) (6746) (6747) (6748) (6749) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.