Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10851281 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6746) (6747) (6748) (6749) (6750) (6751) (6752) ... (7742) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
As prices fall to your level, buy more if you have done your due diligence. This will be an opportunity of a lifetime.

Enjoy the big dividends while you prepare for the launch.

We have seen this before.

Goodluck!

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2022
waiting for MTN at 70
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 3:43pm On Jul 28, 2022
yMcy56:

Lol. Quite a lot of defence @16.
DANGCEM too......only shedding intra-day, but closing price remains fair so far.
Some penny stocks also defensive......NEM, Chams and few other ones.
Too much eyes and interest in the banking sector really..

[/b]JAPAUL[b] on the other hand is going home.........huge loss in Q1 and Q2........buyers beware.

Haunty Mercy! grin

Is it Japaul oil or japaul Gold

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
As prices fall to your level, buy more if you have done your due diligence. This will be an opportunity of a lifetime.

Goodluck!

quote author=Agbalowomeri post=112544426]ASI crosses 50K first time in 14 years
Next resistance 65k-67k
Enjoy the long ride and prepare for the next crash grin
On all time frames, we are swimming above the Ichimoku clouds (ASI)
The journey may go faster than expected

Eyes on Brent[/quote]
So nothing has changed,the index dropin to 49+ we should not panic and sell but to buy more if you have spare cash.
So there is no fire in Katanga in peterich voice or just a shake out of the weak hand.i can't even sell now because I have lose so much money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
Recession in US and some EU states is inevitable. Emerging markets will only face hardship in various forms or another. The weaker EMs (non-commodity based) will also be in recession along side the developed world. Emerging Market Assets will become a strong buy as investment leave recession areas.

The mad has inherited the earth. God protect the poor.

Post made on 3rd of March 2022 when the US Q1 GDP was not even released. Q1 GDP contracted by 1.6% afterwards.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jul/28/us-economy-gdp-second-quarter

US GDP contracts by 0.9% in Q2 as released today(28th of July 2022).

So they are officially in recession.

Next is Europe. They are going through severe energy crisis and this will crush growth and close lots of businesses. Worst time to be in Europe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
Slimdove:

So nothing has changed,the index dropin to 49+ we should not panic and sell but to buy more if you have spare cash.
So there is no fire in Katanga in peterich voice or just a shake out of the weak hand.i can't even sell now because I have lose so much money.

Attached is the NGX index chart showing the decline. See where we have come so far, compare it to the highs of 2008 vis-a-vis the decline in circle. We are closer to the top than the bottom.

In my opinion, I still maintain that there will be a powerful rise clearing the 2008 high and going much higher before we can see any sustained global decline in all major EMs. Staying on dividend paying stocks will help you alleviate your pain. And buying stocks of companies that produce things will help alot as people consume those items for survival.

Yes, no one buys the index but this can tell you that the index is still bullish, at least for now.

On the global front, the next rise in oil will be brutal. Natural gas, oil, lots of commodities will rise hard and this will drive inflation further in those EMs that can't support their economies. It is something that will be felt by the poor countries and rich alike. Just buy food and other necessities and keep at home because e no go easy. Prices will spike and companies will make real money.

And Dollar needs to devalue globally. At a point, it surely will.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2022
When we warn people to avoid some sectors like few insurance names, advertising companies, some moribund companies, they will not listen. They will say they are doing JIJO on these companies.

There is a paradox that we learnt in the days of SMN that some 50 kobo stocks can be more expensive than Nestle at N1,300.

Now those involved in those stocks are now seeing firsthand what it means to "hold bag" and see no single bid on some names for months.

We learn everyday.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by igbizen(m): 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2022
Dum20:

Hello Bro,

I am responding to you not to have a political discussion but investment discussion.

Why do you think past presidents beg for foreign investments? Even politicians boast about bringing in foreign investors this is because the best investors are the ones that come in to build factories and employ labor.

You are doing your assessment using the wrong metrics.

For example:

1. The brewery had to buy land-- Land owners have made money and will feed their family, cloth their family, pay school fees, hospital bills, data, power supply, the economy will be good.

2. The brewery has to be built --- Engineers, technicians, labours will be employed these will also buy food, house, pay bills stimulating the economy.

3.Contractors has to supply goods and services to the brewery ---> Contractors and their family get to feed, go to school, houses will be built in and around Anambra.

These category of people will pay taxes to the government, the goverment makes money for every money this category of people spend.

I can confidently tell you that Anambra government has made back the money they spent on the brewery and is still making money from the investment.

In 2020 Zenith bank price went as low as N11 while some people bought it at N20 with hindsight are going to say an investment in zenith bank at N20 is a bad investment?

The responsibility of every government is to create an enabling environment for businesses to thrive and pay taxes and that is what the man did. The focus was not share price and dividend. The returns from dividend is miniscle when compared to other returns on investment.

Excellent. This analysis is void of politics really.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2022
Guinness released their results today and they will be paying final dividend of N7.14.

If anyone bought at N15, this will be 500% at the current price of N90.

Add that to the dividend yield on cost of 47% for this stock. Imagine getting dividend yield of 47% (approximately 43% after deducting WHT) based on the declared dividend today.

So use this Guinness story as a solace when you see low prices and buy into it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goody234: 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
Guinness released their results today and they will be paying final dividend of N7.14.

If anyone bought at N15, this will be 500% at the current price of N90.

Add that to the dividend yield on cost of 47% for this stock. Imagine getting dividend yield of 47% (approximately 43% after deducting WHT) based on the declared dividend today.

So use this Guinness story as a solace when you see low prices and buy into it.

Interested in buying some more banking stocks and MTN ..suspecting it might go lower but who knows ..I made money with Guinness I sold all my holding though
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elsueno: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2022
Just got some Nestlé

Anyways a while back one company show for NSE at 0.20k, I got small change & loaded it, didn't even expect much, but a few weeks ago when I checked, it went to almost N2 grin grin... Cash out small

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2022
PETERiCHY:
FOOD 4 THOUGHT

Put a frog into a vessel fill with water and start heating the water.

As the temperature of the water begins to rise, the frog adjust its body temperature accordingly.

The frog keeps adjusting its body temperature with the increasing temperature of the water. Just when the water is about to reach boiling point, the frog cannot adjust anymore.

At this point the frog decides to jump out. The frog tries to jump but it is unable to do so because it has lost all its strength in adjusting with the rising water temperature.

Very soon the frog dies.
What killed the frog?
Think about it!
I know many of us will say the boiling water.

But the truth about what killed the frog was its own inability to decide when to jump out.

We all need to adjust with people & situations, but we need to be sure when we need to adjust & when we need to move on.

There are times when we need to face the situation and take appropriate actions.

If we allow people to exploit us physically, emotionally, financially, spiritually or mentally they will continue to do so.

Let us decide when to jump!
Let's jump while we still have the strength. cool

By now many have learnt the moral of the above lesson cool

Meanwhile like we said earlier a repeat of 2008 global recession is staring at us.

By September it will be glaring and recede by march 2023.

APRIL 2023 will USHER a NEW DAWN

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2022
More Q2 results released.......

The Brewery Sector released, NB and Guinness did wonderfully well. IB to follow suit hopefully.

GUINNESS Corporate Action :
Final Dividend: N7.14
Qualification Date: 23rd September, 2022
Payment Date: 26th October, 2022
Registrar: Veritas
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36500_GUINNESS_NIG_PLC%20CORPORATE_ACTION_ANNOUNCEMENT_ON_DIVI.pdf

In another news, ZENITH and ACCESS confirmed payment of Interim Dividend subject to CBN's approval.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2022
Elsueno:
Anyways a while back one company show for NSE at 0.20k, I got small change & loaded it, didn't even expect much, but a few weeks ago when I checked, it went to almost N2 grin grin... Cash out small
Mention the stock.... smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Goodluck!

Na who get cash dey buy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2022
HIGH PROBABILITY OF MARKET LOSS REDUCING TODAY
Earnings of companies like Guinness, CONOIL, TRANSCORP looks better than previous: temporarily, there may be a a ceasefire from the bear. Probably the result for Airtel (also expected to be a good one) will be out today to support this.

The above is the indication of comparing some of our forecasts (full list is with some people who are our subscribers/free sample sent out or online) with the actual results.

Note that we cannot start buying aggressively at the moment, at least seeing some of our previous losses reducing is good consolation.

Happy weekend in advance to all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daddymgg: 9:27am On Jul 29, 2022
Please is Zenith bank interim dividend out??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:30am On Jul 29, 2022
yMcy56:

The Brewery Sector released, NB and Guinness did wonderfully well. IB to follow suit hopefully.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36500_GUINNESS_NIG_PLC%20CORPORATE_ACTION_ANNOUNCEMENT_ON_DIVI.pdf

In another news, ZENITH and ACCESS confirmed payment of Interim Dividend subject to CBN's approval.......

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 9:58am On Jul 29, 2022
FBNH https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36512_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC%20_QUARTER_2_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:21am On Jul 29, 2022
yMcy56:

this information for Dividend is not correct

they must have mistakenly typed the EPS as dividend in this notification..

Buyers Beware!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 10:22am On Jul 29, 2022
Chai.
Missed Guinness @ N15.
It went to 18 then. Decided to wait
for it to come back down.
Still waiting till today and now this
Juicy dividend declared to rub the pain in.
And I drink beer almost everyday.
If you are loaded with cash n you invest for dividend, this is a good time to take positions in some stocks after doing yr due diligence.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 10:25am On Jul 29, 2022
feelamong:

Buyers Beware!!!!! grin

OK.
Needs cross checking.
Before one dives in now and hear something else.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 10:29am On Jul 29, 2022
Abeg FG shd pay salaries quick. So boys can add up n buy b4 d prices reverse.
Hoping to pick some GTCO wen salary
enters. Wud be happy if d price drops futher b4 I buy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:31am On Jul 29, 2022
feelamong:

Buyers Beware!!!!! grin

I think it is correct .

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 10:40am On Jul 29, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

I think it is correct .

With the way he sounded and that emoji @ the end of his post. I think he was just clowning.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 10:52am On Jul 29, 2022
So those that bought at around 13-15 can recover their nominal capital in 2 years.
How does one identify stocks like this?
Seplat is another one, sold around 367 in 2020 and around 1430 today.

yMcy56:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:17am On Jul 29, 2022
Why is GUINNESS having more Offers than Bids.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 11:19am On Jul 29, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:
Why is GUINNESS having more Offers than Bids.

The dividend has been factored into the price.

If you buy it N90 what will be the return in investment?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:43am On Jul 29, 2022
Market recovering??

* Some people saw ZENITH @18.90 and still waiting @10........well, all way na way.... tongue
* ZEE sighted @20.45........Up with +1.55!
* UCAP back to 11.......Full bid!!
* MTNN sighted circa @200.....

Maybe I shouldn't be too hasty sha........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2022
leparj:
Chai.
Missed Guinness @ N15.
It went to 18 then. Decided to wait
for it to come back down.
Still waiting till today and now this
Juicy dividend declared to rub the pain in.
And I drink beer almost everyday.
If you are loaded with cash n you invest for dividend, this is a good time to take positions in some stocks after doing yr due diligence.

Enter International breweries now cuz that is the big masquerade in that sector for this year in the term of capital appreciation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2022
feelamong:
Buyers Beware!!!!! grin
Lol. Be like say you heavy for Guinness. grin
Chai!! See the Guinness that even touch 13+ or is 14 that time, and some were even waiting @below N10.....

I hope Brokerharuna and some ogas that picked that time are still sitting inside the bus.....
I'm sure Peter would have exited long time ago, he doesn't even believe in himself. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2022
yMcy56:

INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES is the game. It will most surely deliver above 100% in capital appreciation this year

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6746) (6747) (6748) (6749) (6750) (6751) (6752) ... (7742) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2zona(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.