Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,438 members, 7,830,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10949489 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6871) (6872) (6873) (6874) (6875) (6876) (6877) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:22am On Feb 17, 2023
essentialone:
2023 Year of Surprises
*15 Best Performing Stocks in NGX YtD.* 🙄
How many of them are breathing well in your portfolio?

1. International Energy Insurance (+211.00%)
2. Tripple Gee & Co (+129.00%)
6. Geregu Power Plc (+46.10%)
GEREGU has delivered over +110%.......... tongue

Geregu is a Genco company and can't be compared with Transcorp, which is Discos.
- Can remember someone comparing Transcorp with Geregu, they don't belong to same category.....
It's just like Comparing Seplat with Conoil or MRS.......same Sector but not same category....
That's my understanding of it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 11:34am On Feb 17, 2023
yMcy56:

Geregu is a Genco company and can't be compared with Transcorp, which is Discos.
Can remember someone comparing Transcorp with Geregu, the don't belong to same category.....
It's just like Comparing Seplat with Conoil or MRS.......same Sector.bit not same category....

Yes Geregu has been growing since last year it was listed. This year alone, it has gained 46% again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2023
CONOIL on full offer
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
yMcy56:

- Can remember someone comparing Transcorp with Geregu, they don't belong to same category.....
It's just like Comparing Seplat with Conoil or MRS.......same Sector but not same category....

Transcorp Power is a genco. They own Ughelli, Delta State 972 power plant.
Transcorp owns Afam 966MW power plant in Rivers State since 2020. Transcorp Power is different from Transcorp Plc. Transcorp Plc is listed. I am not sure any Disco is listed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
sophy17:
Transcorp owns Afam 966MW power plant in Rivers State since 2020.
Has Transcorp Power Ltd started generating power? ..,..because I didn't see it in the list of the active Gencos.....and I'm just aware of their successful bids and all that; but that Transcorp is a distribution company so far.

If Transcorp is a Genco, then what's the issue with them?
Could it be that there's the need to separate Transcorp Power from the Transcorp group then?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
essentialone:
Yes Geregu has been growing since last year it was listed. This year alone, it has gained 46% again.
Over half a billion staked on the shares today again so far........and the share price sighted @N224.00........Up with +N6.30.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
iby2000:
Which best Stock broker in Nigeria for trading can anyone recommend.? I heard Morgan is okay.
I am really tired of this ARM stock broking firm.. 😒
You were told the Saviour is coming soon, you still dey ask how soon. Nah play ooo. The answer you seek is embedded in your question.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
yMcy56:

Has Transcorp Power Ltd started generating power? ..,..because I didn't see it in the list of the active Gencos.....and I'm just aware of their successful bids and all that; but that Transcorp is a distribution company so far.

If Transcorp is a Genco, then what's the issue with them?
Could it be that there's the need to separate Transcorp Power from the Transcorp group then?

All the power plants in the Country have been generating power but below their capacities while the fg keep spending money on them, hence the decision to privatize them by selling them to prefered bidders. They are still struggling to generate adequate power to the National grid and even to maintain the power they generate. Transcorp Plc is a conglomerate with diverse biz interest including Power generation and it is listed but Transcorp Power is not. Transcorp plc may have stakes in Transcorp power. Discos Such as Ikeja Electric, Eko Electric, Ibadan distribution co etc buy power from gencos and distribute/sell to consumers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
dapix:
CONOIL on full offer

Full offer or full bid

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:52pm On Feb 17, 2023
sophy17:
All the power plants in the Country have been generating power but below their capacities while the fg keep spending money on them, hence the decision to privatize them by selling them to prefered bidders. They are still struggling to generate adequate power to the National grid and even to maintain the power they generate. Transcorp Plc is a conglomerate with diverse biz interest including Power generation and it is listed but Transcorp Power is not. Transcorp plc may have stakes in Transcorp power. Discos Such as Ikeja Electric, Eko Electric, Ibadan distribution co etc buy power from gencos and distribute/sell to consumers.
The only listed GENCO is GEREGU, could be one of the reasons it also has hedge over others.
If Transcorp is also generating power, then we need to know if this is impacting on the profitability of Transcorp Plc.
You're right that they're still struggling to generate adequate power to the national grid, the power generation is still below 5000MW agreed upon.....

Don't mind me. Thanks for shedding more light.
No be say I know much about these things grin ...but will try and read more on why Transcorp's share price remains so low and ridiculous......if indeed the Coy has a power generating arm.....and more importantly, if it's impacting positively on margin base of the Coy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
yMcy56:

Transcorp energy arm is a very big Genco. They are not a disco. Transcorp generating capacity is about 4 times that of geregu. That is why I get small fear
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2023
Mpeace:
Transcorp energy arm is a very big Genco. They are not a disco.
Thanks. Will do more readings on this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:59pm On Feb 17, 2023
yMcy56:

Thanks. Will do more readings on this.
transcorp generating capacity(atleast two generating plants) is about 4times that of geregu
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
Mpeace:
transcorp generating capacity(atleast two generating plants) is about 4times that of geregu
It means something is not right somewhere with Transcorp Plc, or maybe it has to do with the total issued share capital or so.

Geregu has 2.5B with around 2.38B belonging to the owner. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
yMcy56:

It means something is not right somewhere with Transcorp Plc, or maybe it has to do with the total issued share capital or so.
The thing baffles me sometimes. But we just dey inside the bus dey wait and see.

Geregu OS is about 2.5billion
Transcorp OS is about 40billion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:13pm On Feb 17, 2023
Mpeace:
The thing baffles me sometimes. But we just dey inside the bus dey wait and see.
- It could be one of the main reasons for the huge difference.....similar to the case of AIRTEL and MTNN. smiley
- Share reconstruction may be one of the solutions to Transcorp Plc shares. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
egwue:
My Seniors in this forum,
Will it be wise to invest in International Brewery shares at the current price? What are the prospects of the company in medium/long term?
Any advise will be highly appreciated.
* I'm not senior or expert o.......but since we have entered earning season, you may have to consider the companies paying dividend for now.

* You may revisit IB after the earning season.....
One of the Ogas gave a good entry price of 4.00/4.20 and below, it may get there or not......all depends on Mr. Market.

** Also note that.unexpected do happen in this market, good news sometimes comes in to distort the charts and the Ogas candles. It's just my take on your question. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by egwue: 2:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
yMcy56:

* I'm not senior or expert o.......but since we have entered earning season, you may have to consider the companies paying dividend for now.

* You may revisit IB after the earning season.....
One of the Ogas gave a good entry price of 4.00/4.20 and below, it may get there or not......all depends on Mr. Market.

** Also note that.unexpected do happen in this market, good news sometimes comes in to distort the charts and the Ogas candles. It's just my take on your question. smiley

Thanks a lot for this advice. It is much appreciated and will guide my decision. God bless you for share your knowledge to help others.

Regards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
Profit takers really dealt with Fidelity o. Kilode? shocked
After they depress the price, they'll come back to pick again....Weird market. cheesy
We see what Fidelity is coming up with anyway.

Meanwhile, here's OANDO press release.......
* Filing of Scheme of Arrangement case adjourned to 30th March, 2023...
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37648_OANDO_PLC%20OANDO_PRESS_RELEASE__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_FEBRU.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
Two Brothers of Femi Otedola Spend N1.7bn To Acquire Additional Shares in Geregu Power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2023
Mpeace:

What is the Percentage of shares is Transcorp holding in Transcorp Power Limited?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
yMcy56:
Profit takers really dealt with Fidelity o. Kilode? shocked
After they depress the price, they'll come back to pick again....Weird market. cheesy
We see what Fidelity is coming up with anyway.

Meanwhile, here's OANDO press release.......
* Filing of Scheme of Arrangement case adjourned to 30th March, 2023...
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37648_OANDO_PLC%20OANDO_PRESS_RELEASE__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_FEBRU.pdf
this has been removed. Can you please resend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goody234: 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nobody is talking about livingtrust i have made 182.30% on my shares any news on this bank ...i am twitching to sell grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
Hey @OBAGADAFFI @yMcy56
Go through links of Annual reports below for estimate holding of Transcorp plc in its energy (oil exploration) , hospitality (transcorp hotel),etc sectors.
I.2022 annual report page 120 https://transcorpgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/2022-ANNUAL-REPORT-AND-FINANCIAL-STATEMENTS.pdf you will see its vested interest in all its subsidiaries
II.2020 annual report [url] https://transcorpgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Transcorp-2020-Annual-Report.pdf[/url] page 92-93 same thing.
III. This is my bias/conviction speaking, take with a boatload of salt. Love this stock, hoping in the next 5 years ,I can continually increase my position to at least 7-8 figures holding for long term (at least a decade aka by the end of 2 terms of any govt. in power) for growth and dividend . It's has been and still is undervalued, outstanding shares is a blessing and a slight challenge depends on wht lens you see it from.It will probably be for another 5 years at this rate. Slow yet steady growth in the horizon of all sectors it is invested in.

Hope this age like wine not milk grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ginalex:
this has been removed. Can you please resend
Here:
Title was changed I think...

https://nairametrics.com/2023/02/17/acquisition-of-minority-shares-court-adjourns-oandos-report-of-compliance-till-march-302023/

@Hogwarthtrades thanks for the link. Will try and go thru it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sixteen08(m): 6:20am On Feb 18, 2023
yMcy56:

@Hogwarthtrades thanks for the link. Will try and go thru it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 6:59am On Feb 18, 2023
goody234:
Nobody is talking about livingtrust i have made 182.30% on my shares any news on this bank ...i am twitching to sell grin

Take profits, leave the rest
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:08am On Feb 18, 2023
Someone good in I.T. should please teach Meristem, how to do something as simple as organising their website. Imagine, their Trade Order portal will be displaying April 2nd, 2023 (04-02-2023) to January 2nd, 2023 (01-02-2023).

Imagine the nonsense. It is damn so irritating and clueless. Try explaining it to them, and you will suddenly realise how clueless is an understatement.

Dates arrangements are basically meant to be DD-MM-YYYY, and not that their MM-DD-YYYY.

Or am I from another planet?
Can't wait to be out!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 23Ju: 9:32am On Feb 18, 2023
House, do we have index fund like s&p 500 or nasdaq in Nigeria? If we do, please help me list them so i can start there as a newbie. Don't wanna lose my money to any company. After real estate and government bonds, index fund is most reliable. Again, as somebody who is domiciled in Nigeria, can one invest in s&p 500 or vanguard?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

Hey @OBAGADAFFI @yMcy56
Go through links of Annual reports below for estimate holding of Transcorp plc in its energy (oil exploration) , hospitality (transcorp hotel),etc sectors.
I.2022 annual report page 120 https://transcorpgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/2022-ANNUAL-REPORT-AND-FINANCIAL-STATEMENTS.pdf you will see its vested interest in all its subsidiaries
II.2020 annual report [url] https://transcorpgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Transcorp-2020-Annual-Report.pdf[/url] page 92-93 same thing.
III. This is my bias/conviction speaking, take with a boatload of salt. Love this stock, hoping in the next 5 years ,I can continually increase my position to at least 7-8 figures holding for long term (at least a decade aka by the end of 2 terms of any govt. in power) for growth and dividend . It's has been and still is undervalued, outstanding shares is a blessing and a slight challenge depends on wht lens you see it from.It will probably be for another 5 years at this rate. Slow yet steady growth in the horizon of all sectors it is invested in.

Hope this age like wine not milk grin grin grin grin

That interesting, Transcorp is well diversified
So what is keeping the price down.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abuhusna1: 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2023
sophy17:

Transcorp owns Afam 966MW power plant in Rivers State since 2020. Transcorp Power is different from Transcorp Plc. Transcorp Plc is listed. I am not sure any Disco is listed.
Geregu is nothing but hype people investing in the owner's name not really the stock cos it didn't make any significant gain last year

(1) (2) (3) ... (6871) (6872) (6873) (6874) (6875) (6876) (6877) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ekkywolex(m), Nvednutfr33(m), vacanci, BullBearMkt(m), bassEQ2000 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.