Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6875) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10944688 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6872) (6873) (6874) (6875) (6876) (6877) (6878) ... (7775) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2023
abuhusna1:

Geregu is nothing but hype people investing in the owner's name not really the stock cos it didn't make any significant gain last year

Geregu power plant is 435MW.
Egbin therma power plant in Ikorodu, Lagos is the biggest single plant in Nigeria. It is about 1320MW.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2023
sophy17:

Geregu power plant is 435MW.
Egbin therma power plant in Ikorodu, Lagos is the biggest single plant in Nigeria. It is about 1320MW.

More like a bubble, people should be smart not to get caught by booking their profit as soon as possible

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:
That interesting, Transcorp is well diversified
So what is keeping the price down.
Bilion naira question!!!.. consistent share buy-back from excess unused cash/ profit will be is one way to go. To be honest, share buy backs is the least of any competent chairman / board of directors focus for the next 5-10 years I will rather have them re-invest it in major projects in power generation and other subsidiaries with better ROI in the future.Traders may not be happy with that approach but the end game is better.
it's a matter of time, goal is to stay liquid enough to enjoy the magic shuttle when its time to Rocket!!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

That interesting, Transcorp is well diversified
So what is keeping the price down.

That is why investing is a marathon and not a sprint.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

Bilion naira question!!!.. consistent share buy-back from excess unused cash/ profit will be is one way to go. To be honest, share buy backs is the least of any competent chairman / board of directors focus for the next 5-10 years I will rather have them re-invest it in major projects in power generation and other subsidiaries with better ROI in the future.Traders may not be happy with that approach but the end game is better.
it's a matter of time, goal is to stay liquid enough to enjoy the magic shuttle when its time to Rocket!!!! grin grin grin

If the shares are really undervalued, management can create wealth for shareholders if they can buyback the company's, provided they have the excess cash.

If not, they can borrow money
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

Yes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

That is why investing is a marathon and not a sprint.

True, Transcorp might be the most diversified stock on NGX.
UACN is also highly diversified
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2023
[quote author=essentialone post=121004550]

I dont think they are Clueless, some countries write it as ' Month/ Date/ Year'. Example: USA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2023
[quote author=Teeonly post=121027021][/quote]

You picked just one part of the write up. Not cool at all. Read it slowly. You will get the gist. But if you still don't gerrit...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 7:44am On Feb 19, 2023
yMcy56:

Here:
Title was changed I think...
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37648_OANDO_PLC%20OANDO_PRESS_RELEASE__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_FEBRU.pdf

https://nairametrics.com/2023/02/17/acquisition-of-minority-shares-court-adjourns-oandos-report-of-compliance-till-march-302023/

@Hogwarthtrades thanks for the link. Will try and go thru it.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
More like a bubble, people should be smart not to get caught by booking their profit as soon as possible
Will book profit when it delivers +500% or more. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ....lol.

- The shareholding structure as at the last fye, Q4 2022 still looks 'amazing' .......around 2.47Billion domicile with Ote$$ and his cronies.......
- Only a paltry 28 to 30Million in the investing public.....
- By Q1 2023, we'll review the shareholding structure again.... tongue
- Lol. Not any form of advice to anyone, make Una no mind me o. No talk say na Mcy talk am if e no go according to expectations o. wink
Let individuals follow what suits their investment needs and align with their investment goals & objs.

* Make Una wait for una Transcorp, it's time too go still come. lipsrsealed tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2023
yMcy56:

Will book profit when it delivers +500% or more. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ....lol.

- The shareholding structure as at the last fye, Q4 2022 still looks 'amazing' .......around 2.47Billion domicile with Ote$$ and his cronies.......
- Lol. Not any form of advice to anyone, make Una no mind me o. No talk say na Mcy talk am if e no go according to expectations o. wink
Let individuals follow what suits their investment needs and align with their investment objs.

* Make Una wait for una Transcorp, it's time too go still come. lipsrsealed tongue

The document you included in your post shows some minor discrepancies in the numbers. Specifically, it indicates that Amperion Power Distribution Limited owns 95.56% of the company's total shares, which amounts to around 2.4 billion shares. The remaining 4.44%, or roughly 111 million shares, are available for public trading.

Although I have not been following Geregu, it appears that Amperion may have decided to offer a portion of their shares to the public in order to raise capital at a lower cost compared to borrowing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2023
yMcy56:

Let individuals follow what suits their investment needs and align with their investment objs.

Wherever Geregu wants to take me to I don't mind with this info grin.

As for uncle T, any day he chooses to improve my 100k units is fine by me.. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pennystockwarri: 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2023
Here's a rundown of what happened on the NGX last week and some of the key numbers that could drop within the week.

https://twitter.com/quansimodo/status/1627327844673093632?t=c9sg31JYNX2xYY_Hn1VcMw&s=19

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2023
essentialone:

You picked just one part of the write up. Not cool at all. Read it slowly. You will get the gist. But if you still don't gerrit...

What will it cost you to respond like a decent human being? Or at best pretend to be one?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:19pm On Feb 19, 2023
Teeonly:

What will it cost you to respond like a decent human being? Or at best pretend to be one?

My sweetheart don't mind him

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teeonly: 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

My sweetheart don't mind him

Thank you Agba!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:13am On Feb 20, 2023
yMcy56:

The same pattern as BUA foods.

Remember Forte Oil grin grin

The day Ote$$$ decides to dump, everybody will go Geregu.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:48am On Feb 20, 2023
Zagee:
Wherever Geregu wants to take me to I don't mind with this info grin.
As for uncle T, any day he chooses to improve my 100k units is fine by me.. grin
Lol. Seems you don learn since the time of SEPLAT. smiley
If to say you waited much more, you would have sold SEPLAT with over +300% gain at least before now self......
*Modified*

** Not any form of advice o**

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
yMcy56:
Profit takers really dealt with Fidelity o. Kilode? shocked
After they depress the price, they'll come back to pick again....Weird market. cheesy
We see what Fidelity is coming up with anyway.

FIDELITY
- Done with pullback........
Reversed up today.....From 4.50 or so, sighted back @5....

ZENITH and GTCO:
Both @25.20........
Make dem dey behave like ibeji there...... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by juniorrate: 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2023
yMcy56:

FIDELITY
- Done with pullback........
Reversed up today.....From 4.50 or so, sighted back @5....

it’s jst trying to get small fuel to continue the pullback. Technically the real reversal should begin once it touched #4.30

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2023
yMcy56:

Lol. Seems you don learn since the time of SEPLAT. smiley
If to say you waited much more, you would have sold SEPLAT with over +300% gain at least before now self......
So, na only you I see with me here......make we dey watch dey go. lipsrsealed wink

Meanwhile, Loco's Trippleg is doing well in market....... smiley

** Not any form of advice o**
SEPLAT lessons were very necessary for learning sake oh as a new entrant.

As for GEREGU, applying cautions with the TA. RSI overbought on the monthly and 72% on the weekly. wink

*Everyone to his fate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:16pm On Feb 20, 2023
Zagee:
SEPLAT lessons were very necessary for learning sake oh as a new entrant.
As for GEREGU, applying cautions with the TA. RSI overbought on the monthly and 72% on the weekly. wink
*Everyone to his fate
Ok Sir.

juniorrate:
it’s jst trying to get small fuel to continue the pullback. Technically the real reversal should begin once it touched #4.30
Ok. Thks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

Hey @OBAGADAFFI @yMcy56
Go through links of Annual reports below for estimate holding of Transcorp plc in its energy (oil exploration) , hospitality (transcorp hotel),etc sectors.
I.2022 annual report page 120 https://transcorpgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/2022-ANNUAL-REPORT-AND-FINANCIAL-STATEMENTS.pdf you will see its vested interest in all its subsidiaries
II.2020 annual report [url] https://transcorpgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Transcorp-2020-Annual-Report.pdf[/url] page 92-93 same thing.
III. This is my bias/conviction speaking, take with a boatload of salt. Love this stock, hoping in the next 5 years ,I can continually increase my position to at least 7-8 figures holding for long term (at least a decade aka by the end of 2 terms of any govt. in power) for growth and dividend . It's has been and still is undervalued, outstanding shares is a blessing and a slight challenge depends on wht lens you see it from.It will probably be for another 5 years at this rate. Slow yet steady growth in the horizon of all sectors it is invested in.

Hope this age like wine not milk grin grin grin grin

I like the way their CEO - Owen Omogiafo, posed questions to the presidential aspirants at the NESG (Nigerian Economic Summit Group) engagements. Transcorp quarterly numbers are trending up nicely. I forecast the EPS for shareholders will be about 41 kobo. That is a PE of 3 at current market price. I don't expect them to pay much dividend. They paid 2 kobo last year out of the 34 kobo EPS last year. Thus this year may just be 3 kobo they will declare. As their current liabilities (used to acquire solid assets) is very high and they need to conserve money to pay this down. Their full year number should be out this week or early next week as Management approve the results this week.

I hope it ages like fine wine and not milk too wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yeddy99: 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
this one that the house is this quiet.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
yeddy99:
this one that the house is this quiet.

Goan vote

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jerekre(m): 6:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
Streetinvestor2
I know it's a long time ago you asked of APT Securities online trading. I've used APT for a while, but I always send my sell or buy orders to my account officer.
The very day I just asked my account officer if it works, I was sent Username and Password, within hours. But since no money to trade since then that's why I've not given feedback. I used it to trade today via their android app, it works.
I've not used other apps so I don't know what to compare it with, though it looks quite basic.
I expected trading myself will come with reduced charges, but NO cry it's still the same.
Try to reach out to your account officer
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
Jerekre:
Streetinvestor2
I know it's a long time ago you asked of APT Securities online trading. I've used APT for a while, but I always send my sell or buy orders to my account officer.
The very day I just asked my account officer if it works, I was sent Username and Password, within hours. But since no money to trade since then that's why I've not given feedback. I used it to trade today via their android app, it works.
I've not used other apps so I don't know what to compare it with, though it looks quite basic.
I expected trading myself will come with reduced charges, but NO cry it's still the same.
Try to reach out to your account officer
They usually execute it manually. It has been quite a while since I stop using apt due to much frustration
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 7:10pm On Feb 21, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gbengafaro1986: 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2023
MTN has credited their bonus shares to CSCS accounts, check yours to confirm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2023
gbengafaro1986:
MTN has credited their bonus shares to CSCS accounts, check yours to confirm
Wow! That was quick. I wonder when Nigerian breweries will do theirs
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2023
Uchetoba:
https://ngxgroup.com/exchange/data/company-profile/?symbol=COURTVILLE&directory=companydirectory

This BOWS Nigeria Limited isn't listed anywhere in their financial print as a shareholder at all. So where is the company coming from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6872) (6873) (6874) (6875) (6876) (6877) (6878) ... (7775) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: phemmie06(m), essentialone(m), Emumakpo, unite4real, femu(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.