Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7015) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10883434 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7012) (7013) (7014) (7015) (7016) (7017) (7018) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 3:24pm On May 30, 2023
current price is the sweet spot, if the the bull is strong, max entry is 12-13naira for now.

otokx:

In your opinion, what is the maximum entry price for UBA?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 3:30pm On May 30, 2023
Brokers are the real winners in this season as the gate holders

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:33pm On May 30, 2023
NGSE chart look cool cool today over 5% gain

62k is possible but don't expect straight rise o

grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:39pm On May 30, 2023
UBA breaks good resistance levels shocked 2018 high is possible

fingers crossed

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OrgasmDonorxoxo: 3:44pm On May 30, 2023
In everything do your Due Diligence - Don't eat with all your fingers

reminisce on 2007, Janaury 2019 - Eyes open

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EduC(m): 3:57pm On May 30, 2023
currentprice:
UBA breaks good resistance levels shocked 2018 high is possible

fingers crossed

grin grin grin

12.80?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 4:40pm On May 30, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rahjan: 4:58pm On May 30, 2023
What are the forces holding Wapco down. It doesn't seem to fly easily

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 5:12pm On May 30, 2023
EduC:

12.80?

This is not juicy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 5:12pm On May 30, 2023
What's holding FBNH result?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 5:22pm On May 30, 2023
Princkez:

I don ask tire.
We wait sha.
Anything less than N1 from dem as dividend
is a huge disappointment.
And will review my holding if it
happens
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 5:22pm On May 30, 2023
Princkez:
Oga, are you not enjoying this bull?
Abeg let the result be .....for now...
I don't even want them to release it now, let them not come and spoil the good mood......in case it's not what we expect it to be ... grin
* What is N1 Dividend compared to the over N4 gain recorded so far?

Meanwhile, TinuBULL witnessed today.... wink
As Nigerian equities recorded a whopping 5.2% gain today alone, with market cap around 30Trillion!!

https://nairametrics.com/2023/05/30/tinubull-as-nigerian-stocks-post-5-2-gain-after-inauguration-speech/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 5:42pm On May 30, 2023
Hello House, please can someone explain the statement shown below?

dapix:
Sterling to pay interim dividend of 0.15k
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/38618_STERLING_FINANCIAL_HOLDINGS_COMPANY_PLC-ANNOUNCEMENT_ON_DIVIDEND_PAYMENT_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MAY_2023.pdf

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:55pm On May 30, 2023
beejay1:
Hello House, please can someone explain the statement shown below?

The HoldCo is waiting for the bank (the company) to pay them interim dividend which will then be forwarded to the shareholders.
Abeg I no go grammar school Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 6:14pm On May 30, 2023
Thanks...i thought this was meant to be the final dividend as stated in their 2022 audited FYS. So where is 'interim dividend' statment coming from.

Agbalowomeri:

The HoldCo is waiting for the bank (the company) to pay them interim dividend which will then be forwarded to the shareholders.
Abeg I no go grammar school Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 6:33pm On May 30, 2023
yMcy56:

Oga, are you not enjoying this bull?
Abeg let the result be .....for now...
I don't even want them to release it now, let them not come and spoil the good mood......in case it's not what we expect it to be ... grin
* What is N1 Dividend compared to the over N4 gain recorded so far?

Meanwhile, TinuBULL witnessed today.... wink
As Nigerian equities recorded a whopping 5.2% gain today alone, with market cap around 30Trillion!!

https://nairametrics.com/2023/05/30/tinubull-as-nigerian-stocks-post-5-2-gain-after-inauguration-speech/

OK.
Get ya point.
A gain is only a gain when u sell.
When u are holding for long term. U can't get the N4 gain except u sell off.
For traders. Yes
But for me. I want to see that result and review my investment in fbnh.
Anyway, All to his own and what works for them.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 6:42pm On May 30, 2023
It's final dividend payable by the bank to its shareholder(s). Now, the holco is only shareholder to receive it from the bank, and then pay as interim dividend to shareholders of its (holdco's) shares now listed as Sterlingng.

My confusion is the 'qualification' date of 19th May stated there. Does it mean those who held Sterlingng shares as at 19th May will receive the dividend or a future qualification date (as usual) would be announced? Or the date applies to Sterlingng as only shareholder of the bank? More insights, please.

Accesscorp did a better job at communicating their similar scenario.

beejay1:
Thanks...i thought this was meant to be the final dividend as stated in their 2022 audited FYS. So where is 'interim dividend' statment coming from.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 6:48pm On May 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
N2.1 billion worth of GTB shares traded today.

N1.9 billion worth of Zenith Bank shares traded today

But GTCO did not do 10% which is strange
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:55pm On May 30, 2023
ojeysky:

But GTCO did not do 10% which is strange

It doesn't matter.

Offers might just match bids irrespective of the quantity or value of the stock traded

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 7:10pm On May 30, 2023
Opsylo:

Megawealth01 ,locodemy, thanks for the word of encouragement really really appreciate you guys my 50million of Chams is moving.bought at .20k,21k,.22k last 2years I nearly sold it off, but you guys encourage me.ahh ahhh

Oya come do tithe abi na thanksgiving
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDraper: 7:10pm On May 30, 2023
Nice play with words. Patience is a virtue.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 7:51pm On May 30, 2023
Na wa o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:17pm On May 30, 2023
Accordingly to Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers market review, today's gain is the biggest in 30 months and the second biggest in 7 years

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:46pm On May 30, 2023
Upon the liquidity in the market, just 57k worth of MRS shares was traded today.

Investors need to consider the liquidity of the stocks they hope to buy, e get why.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:00pm On May 30, 2023
Any stock that didn't do N5 million worth of transaction today can be termed illiquid.

Any stock that didn't N1 million worth of transaction today can be termed highly illiquid.

Yet we still have some stocks that did have any transactions today, so they didn't appear on today's pricelist

Not advisable to put substantial funds into such stocks in order to avoid being stucked.

My opinion

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:01pm On May 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Accordingly to Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers market review, today's gain is the biggest in 30 months and the second biggest in 7 years

If today's outcome is indeed an extreme event, one that hasn't happened in a long time, what is the likelihood that it will be sustained at the same pace?

It's possible that this whole thing is just a flash in the pan.

Caveat emptor: let the buyer beware.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:02pm On May 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Any stock that didn't do N5 million worth of transaction today can be illiquid.

Any stock that didn't N1 million worth of transaction today can be termed highly illiquid.

Not advisable to put substantial funds into such stocks in order to avoid being stucked.

My opinion

Substantial or not to trade in it at all?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:04pm On May 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Nbst.... smiley
Stocks, bonds....

https://www.nairaland.com/7709307/stock-market-response-statistics-new
https://www.nairaland.com/7708876/nigeria-bonds-rise-after-tinubu

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:08pm On May 30, 2023
yMcy56:

Nbst.... smiley
Stocks, bonds....

https://www.nairaland.com/7709307/stock-market-response-statistics-new
https://www.nairaland.com/7708876/nigeria-bonds-rise-after-tinubu

Maybe to make comparison complete, they can add after declaring winner. I remember that there was massive bull in 2015 after declaring Buhari winner

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:10pm On May 30, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Substantial or not to trade in it at all?

I don't trade in them, but such stocks are very popular on NSEMPA.

They are some of the undervalued stocks discovered by some of the in house analysts.

I look at the Risk, Reward and Liquidity before I buy any stock

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:12pm On May 30, 2023
ositadima1:

If today's outcome is indeed an extreme event, one that hasn't happened in a long time, what is the likelihood that it will be sustained at the same pace?

It's possible that this whole thing is just a flash in the pan.

Caveat emptor: let the buyer beware.

I am hopeful that the week will be 12% up

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:21am On May 31, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Any stock that didn't do N5 million worth of transaction today can be termed illiquid.

Yet we still have some stocks that did have any transactions today, so they didn't appear on today's pricelist

My opinion

I discovered some didn't have up to 5m transactions yesterday but fall on the 10 10% category.Such stocks will go far if the bull continues.When Ftn cocoa started, it was doing below 5m daily transactions but on full bids.It has done 200% already and still counting.More are towing same footsteps

(1) (2) (3) ... (7012) (7013) (7014) (7015) (7016) (7017) (7018) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ekkywolex(m), beejay1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.