Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7031) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10839507 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7028) (7029) (7030) (7031) (7032) (7033) (7034) ... (7739) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 8:43am On Jun 07, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

You dey play with Jegede
Just dey play. Las las if the coy turns positive, another candidate for delisting

Okay if you cannot drop facts, safe to say these allegations are purely emotional.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:02am On Jun 07, 2023
toyeoye:

Okay if you cannot drop facts, safe to say these allegations are purely emotional.

Okay o enjoy your ride

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 9:04am On Jun 07, 2023
Just dey play just dey play just dey play!

You buy shares of a particular company,but for the past 2 years you never collect dividends just dey play

I'm just singing.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 9:14am On Jun 07, 2023
Mankindman:

Worse than this has been happening in NGX.
A Potential RED flag is JAPAUL.
Oil and Gas servicing
Gold Mining
Dredging
Crypto
What JAPUL will show those that ignore RED FLAG (Born Risk Takers) would be a child play.
The antecedent of Mmobuosi is a Calamity for NASDAQ investors.
Others that have defrauded and still defrauding NGX investors are;

Ifeanyin Uba of Capital Oil: This man came to mint Naira on NSE, thereafter no one heard any news.
Jimoh Ibrahim is another business man with similar antecedent of Mmobuosi.
So many of them in the corporate World.

Just to clear this up, the Capital Oil listed on the NSE, is not in anyway connected to Ifeanyi Uba.

Not speaking for him or defending him

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:37am On Jun 07, 2023
I am looking at a trading strategy that I am calling the "Second Missionary Journey" or SMJ for short grin cheesy . It requires at least two moving averages (MAs), the 10-period and 20-period MAs. We are looking for stocks that have moved sharply upwards, in technical terms they have maintained their closing above the 10-period MA. We want them to have made at least 40% since they started. Next, we wait for a sharp pullback. Very often, it will crash below the 20-period MA. We want to enter when it crosses both the 10- and 20-period MAs and the 10-MA is above the 20-MA and looking up. We can enter earlier in some cases if we are confident in the stock.

If we did our homework well, we should be riding the stock as long as it maintains above the 10-period MA. If we made some good gains, we can consider selling half our position and use the 10-period MA as a trailing stop for the remaining half. You can add other things to improve accuracy. A lot of stocks I tested conform to this behavior.

Be aware that this strategy is not foolproof and that you could lose money. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2023
When is “Nigeria Air” or “Air Nigeria” going to be listed in NSE?

LOL
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2023
Meanwhile HONYFLOUR on full bid @#3.45

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:46am On Jun 07, 2023
The land is green today......so far... smiley

ACCESS @12.75 as at now.....
Quite some stocks on full bid........

MANSARD now @3.40..…...
ETERNA Full Bid @12.25....

FTN COCOA getting quite a lot of attention....... restructuring ongoing here, and with the new govt and interest in Agric sector...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:50am On Jun 07, 2023
otokx:
Still looking for the 90% drop
Lol.
We all know how Nigerians could be.
Since it has to do with reduction in price, they won't want to reduce it easily unless some form of 'force' is employed....
..but it f it is increase in price, they are quick to start selling at that higher price immediately....see the case of subsidy removal, immediately, all filling stations changed the price and started selling higher, even for the old stocks they bought much cheaper with the subsidy.
People are people's enemies most of the time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Geovanni412(m): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2023
@Coolcash1, BASED ON ta, i AGREE WITH YOUR JAPAUL BUY

It will either 2x or get delisted,

Stock market is highly manipulated,.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 11:14am On Jun 07, 2023
Off all these downstream companies asides Total, my money is only on conoil considering their Q1 eps. I don't know how eterna that paid 0.15k will justify over 12naira share price and counting. MRS that can't even pay anything out of their over 3naira eps is trading over 40naira. Like some people have said, let the corruption go round.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:20am On Jun 07, 2023
debeey87:
Off all these downstream companies asides Total, my money is only on conoil considering their Q1 eps. I don't know how eterna that paid 0.15k will justify over 12naira share price and counting. MRS that can't even pay anything out of their over 3naira eps is trading over 40naira. Like some people have said, let the corruption go round.
Lol.
Wait till ETERNA's price gets to 20 first before you start wondering about how to justify the share price... lipsrsealed grin

Can CONOIl justify its price @78+??
At least the corruption don reach smart people wey don chop or still dey chop...

If not for the minority shareholders without foresight, Oando for don jump pass 20 by now..... smiley

FTN COCOA looks like another corruption in the offing......we'll be watching out for JP as well. lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:43am On Jun 07, 2023
I am at gsk AGM. If you have questions for me to ask them at this AGM pls post it here within the next 10mins

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:44am On Jun 07, 2023
Geovanni412:
@Coolcash1, BASED ON ta, i AGREE WITH YOUR JAPAUL BUY

It will either 2x or get delisted,

Stock market is highly manipulated,.

delisted grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Geovanni412(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2023
yMcy56:

Lol.
Wait till ETERNA's price gets to 20 first before you start wondering about how to justify the share price... lipsrsealed grin

At least the corruption don reach smart people wey don chop or still dey chop...

If not for the minority shareholders without foresight, Oando for don jump pass 20 by now..... smiley

FTN COCOA looks like another corruption in the offing......we'll be watching out for JP as well. lipsrsealed grin

FTN COCOA...

That recorded huge losses is pumping by 3x

What penny stocks cannot do does not exist....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:53am On Jun 07, 2023
grin
Geovanni412:

FTN COCOA...

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
Geovanni412:
FTN COCOA...
Seems there's one or two positive news driving the share price up....
Also, you know insiders get hook of news, even long before it's made public

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
yMcy56:

Seems there's one or two positive news driving the share price up....
Also, you know insiders get hook of news, even long before it's made public
In their EGM seems they mentioned new investor

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
ositadima1:
I am looking at a trading strategy that I am calling the "Second Missionary Journey" or SMJ for short grin cheesy . It requires at least two moving averages (MAs), the 10-period and 20-period MAs. We are looking for stocks that have moved sharply upwards, in technical terms they have maintained their closing above the 10-period MA. We want them to have made at least 40% since they started. Next, we wait for a sharp pullback. Very often, it will crash below the 20-period MA. We want to enter when it crosses both the 10- and 20-period MAs and the 10-MA is above the 20-MA and looking up. We can enter earlier in some cases if we are confident in the stock.

If we did our homework well, we should be riding the stock as long as it maintains above the 10-period MA. If we made some good gains, we can consider selling half our position and use the 10-period MA as a trailing stop for the remaining half. You can add other things to improve accuracy. A lot of stocks I tested conform to this behavior.

Be aware that this strategy is not foolproof and that you could lose money. grin grin grin

lol!
After testing this model and you were able to make money, then we will call this strategy OsitaSMJ wink

I will be interested to buy your strategy after testing it!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
debeey87:

Alot of manipulations going on.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
This is a simple trend following strategy. Less is always more - the challenge for non-technical folks is understanding what your moving averages represent, how to act/react to this mechanical method when a whipsaw occurs and all other things that can go wrong or right. The problem of early profit-taking (lack of trust in the market).

Your prospective users would have to consider their chosen timeframes, what their mindset should be amongst other things.

Shorter timeframes will make money for their brokers grin considering the limitations already placed on the NSE with the 10% daily rule.

It is simple enough but moving average crossovers backtested have more losers than winners.

ositadima1:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
Geovanni412:

FTN COCOA...

It's not 3x yet chairman, let it get beyond 1 naira first

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=yMcy56 post=123628531]
Lol.

At least we saw eps of over 4naira from Q1, they might print same numbers or higher through the rest of the quarters. E go come remain to declare better dividend but knowing who uncle Mike and his board members are, they fit remain on 2.5naira. Remember last year closed with at least 8naira eps.

All my noise about eps is based on dividend hunting for me as I am not a trader so I rely more on companies that can pay sustainable dividends backed by earnings numbers(cash fit no de to pay in time tho)

Let the corruption continue.

Note: I don't do TA, I only look at few numbers from the financial report not as indepth as most of the resource people here do.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
Access bank price appreciation so far, makes UBA attractive. N3.25 price difference is worth considering except if we agree that they are no longer mates.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
@Loco we see your handiwork for JP o. grin
That person crashing the price should just try and exit all his holdings so we can see road....once time reach, it doesn't need NSEMPA to move.... tongue

All the fear fear and Jegede enemies, abeg commot the stock and carry your money go your good EPS stocks, leave JP for us abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
yMcy56:
MANSARD: Sighted @2.73......this one go still touch 3 las las. tongue
Cornerstone: Na +N1 stock.... We go see how it will go. smiley ....
yMcy56:
2 days ago post.
E Ku MANSARD ooo.
Las las e don touch 3...... grin
We'll see if it can be able to return to the initial 3.32 first....... ?
Extracts from noise making...

Cornerstone closed @1.01 today and MANSARD crossed 3.32 to close @3.50

JP will cross N1 at the right time........without Nsempa as well.... tongue
E Ku Market ooo. wink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
debeey87:

Note: I don't do TA, I only look at few numbers from the financial report but as indepth as most of the resource people here do.

As a Fundamental Analyst (or someone that "look at few numbers from the financial report", I guess you don't only depend on receiving dividend on your investment, rather you want capital growth as well. That's what TAs are also targeting too - high ROI. There is no much difference, apart from TA wants to ensure they enter the market at a good price & FA wants to maximise their gains with "value price".

From what I have learnt from colleagues here, there are many metrics used in FA, I wonder why you base your parameter only on EPS?

Have you considered CONOIL:
- P/E (and in comparison with other companies in its sector?)
- PEG
- Current Ratio
- Debt to Equity Ratio
- etc

Are these metric also pointing to -ve conclusion?
grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hello Folks

I don’t know if you see what I saw

Dangotesugar Sugar Plc + Nascon Plc = Dangote Foods Plc

Time will proof me right

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
customstreet:
Hello Folks

I don’t know if you see what I saw

Dangotesugar Sugar Plc + Nascon Plc = Dangote Foods Plc

Time will proof me right
let assume its true

would the merger bring any positive to the shares?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
robobo:

let assume its true

would the merger bring any positive to the shares?

Absolutely.

It will definitely happened and many shareholders will go to bank smiling

Ask shareholders of Benue Cement Company Plc that metamorphised to Dangote Cement Plc, They will tell you a joyful story on how this exercise turned their fortune to good
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
customstreet:

Absolutely.

It will definitely happened and many shareholders will go to bank smiling

Ask shareholders of Benue Cement Company Plc that metamorphised to Dangote Cement Plc, They will tell you a joyful story on how this exercise turned their fortune to good

Playing devils advocate.

the circumstances differ

in the case BCC; Alhaji was buying into it (meaning he was not holding a controlling interest and he needed to buy out the other/ minority shareholders to hold a control interest which would later allow BCC to be merged with) so there was a clear need from Alhaji which could have necessitated the juicy price you mentioned above

However, for Dang Sugar and Nascon, Alhaji already is the majority holder in both and there might not be a NEED that would necessitate the juicy price.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7028) (7029) (7030) (7031) (7032) (7033) (7034) ... (7739) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chimex38, delvzy(m), Niyijac, beejay1(m), USAfall2024, Learnwithgrace, ositadima1(m), freeman67 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.