Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,298 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10953606 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7129) (7130) (7131) (7132) (7133) (7134) (7135) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
ASI closed at 64,046

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
locodemy:

Please I beg for pardon.
Don't feel somehow pls.
General market pullback befall on Japaul suddenly.When coolcash gave the signal,I discovered that the japaul bids has drastically reduced to 33m bids.Knowing fully well that one can pick more units during pullback,I decided to exit all.i don't know how long this pullback will last but I must reload the Japaul because I still have confidence in it.

Pls next time, when you have a stock and discover the market is bleeding, do good to sell because it will shake the stock too.
Uncle Loco, leave this abeg Abeg..
bring 10 well fed cows, 1 trailer of Hero, 2 millions tuber of yams before Ginalex wil be pleased.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
Year till date return of the market is 24.97%. Roughly 25%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
BerniceIma:

I wish for N24

What is your average cost price. Mine is now N21
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

mine is N22... is that okay?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
Mfunkynation:

Uncle Loco, leave this abeg Abeg..
bring 10 well fed cows, 1 trailer of Hero, 2 millions tuber of yams before Ginalex wil be pleased.
grin grin grin
grin grin when I no be Amadioha

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
locodemy:

Please I beg for pardon.
Don't feel somehow pls.
General market pullback befall on Japaul suddenly.When coolcash gave the signal,I discovered that the japaul bids has drastically reduced to 33m bids.Knowing fully well that one can pick more units during pullback,I decided to exit all.i don't know how long this pullback will last but I must reload the Japaul because I still have confidence in it.

Pls next time, when you have a stock and discover the market is bleeding, do good to sell because it will shake the stock too.

No need to shalaye

The market is a jungle, experience is the best teacher.

We also know that what goes up must come down

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BerniceIma: 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

N22
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2023
Mfunkynation:

mine is N22...
is that okay?

How long have you been buying.

Average cost price should be less than N15, if we take the bonus shares earned over the years in consideration
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Average cost price should be less than N15, if we take the bonus shares earned over the years in consideration
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I didn't enter when bonus were being given
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
BerniceIma:
N22

1 million units bought for N10.7 million during the Initial Public offer about 20 years ago must have grown to 5,625,000 units due to the bonus shares.

To that person his average cost price will be less than N2 per share

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
Mfunkynation:

I didn't enter when bonus were being given

I never sold, rather I have been reinvesting my dividends to buy more units of Zenith Bank shares. I stopped dividend reinvestment about 3 years ago

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

1 million units bought for N10.7 million during the Initial Public offer about 20 years ago must have grown to 5,625,000 units due to the bonus shares.

The way the income investor who spent less than N11 million to buy 1 million units of Zenith Bank shares about 20 years ago and now earning a dividend of about N16 million per annum from the stock reasons is different the typical investor or trader reasons.

He has recouped his capital, he is only playing with the house money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BerniceIma: 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Time in the market is better than timing the market .

I intend to buy N100,000 worth of Zenith Bank shares every month for 10 years and I'm going to reinvest every single dividends for that 10 years.

I just want to see how time in the market is better than timing the market.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I don't think so o
Maybe you are adding pre-public offer

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
BerniceIma:
Time in the market is better than timing the market .

I intend to buy N100,000 worth of Zenith Bank shares every month for 10 years and I'm going to reinvest every single dividends for that 10 years.

I just want to see how time in the market is better than timing the market.

Just keep on monitoring the performance of the business.

You also need to be diversified.

Since you want to practice Naira cost averaging, the lower the price falls the better.

Averaging down is only recommended for fundamentally sound businesses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

I don't think so o
Maybe you are adding pre-public offer

Get your calculator and crunch the figures

June 2003 one for two bonus

June 2005 one for one bonus

September 2008 one for two bonus

December 2010 one for four bonus.

I guess you bought the second public offer that sold for N30.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BerniceIma: 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Just keep on monitoring the performance of the business.

You also need to be diversified.

Since you want to practice Naira cost averaging, the lower the price falls the better.

Averaging down is only recommended for fundamentally sound businesses
I don't believe in diversification!

As far as Jim Ovia is one of the biggest shareholders of Zenith Bank,the bank will continue to deliver good results and dividends to the shareholders.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
BerniceIma:

I don't believe in diversification!

As far as Jim Ovia is one of the biggest shareholders of Zenith Bank,the bank will continue to deliver good results and dividends to the shareholders.

Okay oooooo.

FBN was my biggest Investment until dem show me shege. Thank God for diversification

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Nope
I am not sure about your first two cause I bought the first public offer in 2003
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
5.625M o. What was the initial cost of this IPO?

Why did they stop all these bonus na?
emmanuelewumi:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BerniceIma: 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Okay oooooo.

FBN was my biggest Investment until dem show me shege. Thank God for diversification
Any year Zenith Bank reduces dividend with respect to the previous year,then I will sell 99% of my Zenith Bank shares.

That was how First Bank drastically reduced dividend.

Dividend is always a sign of a growing or a dying company.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
locodemy:

Please I beg for pardon.
Don't feel somehow pls.

Whilst your action to exit is good for you, your high recommendations for Japaul, even earlier today, should make you have a rethink on your 'strategy' for the sake of others (especially 'newbies') who look up to you in this business. The other day was Chams. InterBrew. Ellahlakes sometime ago. It should not be all about you making the money.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Nope
I am not sure about your first two cause I bought the first public offer in 2003

We got bonus shares immediately after the first public offer. Most people sold their bonus shares and don't track the growth

Get the hardcopy of a annual report of Zenith Bank and check the share capitalization history.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2023
GTB was more generous with bonus shares compared with Zenith Bank.

FBN was the baba of them all

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
GTB was more generous with bonus shares compared with Zenith Bank.

FBN was the baba of them all

I think Union was more consist in bonus then 1:3 for a straight number of years

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
Frangel:

Whilst your action to exit is good for you, your high recommendations for Japaul, even earlier today, should make you have a rethink on your 'strategy' for the sake of others (especially 'newbies') who look up to you in this business. The other day was Chams. InterBrew. Ellahlakes sometime ago. It should not be all about you making the money.

Anybody following loco or even my stock picks is a gambler... It's either you lose or gain

For newbies don't joke with this statement

Don't follow gamblers with your full chest so you don't get angry if things go south

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
Small pullback and most people are abandoning ship grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2023
toyeoye:
Small pullback and most people are abandoning ship grin grin grin
...best time to be looking for beta ship to join
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
Someone should kindly explain to me how closing price is determined and why can’t I trade after 2:19 pm. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2023
Frangel:

With due respect, I think you and others should stop trolling @locodemy. He has done well for himself and for all that followed him, if any. You mean someone advised you to buy a stock when it was between 25k and 40k and you are so frail that you did not exit the stock after 100% return. Are we kids here?

I bought 3m units of japaul at around 33k when I made comments about Japaul here and added another 6m units @40k making my average price 37k, I exited at 85k. That gain is fair enough for me. I like getting out of a stock when the door is wide open and the ovation loudest, with pump and pageantry.

Summary

Please and please, if you are following someone, do not wait for the person to tell you to exit when you have met your target, because that person would have sold before coming to tell you here, just as he bought, before telling you to buy.

I come in peace o.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7129) (7130) (7131) (7132) (7133) (7134) (7135) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MysTeerioz(f), bbduty, Heishere, nnadengram(m), jideflash(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.