Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10891443 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7182) (7183) (7184) (7185) (7186) (7187) (7188) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Can you assist me with the outstanding shares, shareholders fund, full year 2022 EPS and Q1 EPS of Eternal Oil

All the answers to your questions are here.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cantiride2: 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
SonOfHercules:
Hello house, can someone buy stocks worth 50000 naira?
(2) which shares is the best?
sure you can buy stock of 50,000naira.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aameyah(f): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
freeman67:

Be sure the banks email you are sending messages is actually the right one. Then you can add these.

cpd@ cbn.gov.ng, contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng &
contact@fccpc.gov.ng

Okay, thank you very much.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 7:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
yMcy56:

Ok thanks.
I've seen it.......posts by Pa Emma and Customstreet...
Like you said, it's still speculations.

In another news, I hope GKS will treat the shareholders fairly and handsomely..... smiley
@Onegentleguy was spot on here!
Good evening ma
I really appreciate what you do
I remember buying 2 of some stocks you once talked about and they turn out really good.
Even some that I kept tabs on that I was unable to buy turned out to be good
I want to ask what's your strategy in recognizing a good stock. How do you read up and understand the numbers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 7:48pm On Aug 03, 2023
phoinix:

Which 1:1, Dangsugar and Nascon na mate before? Dont worry, wind go soon carry that your oversized wig comot for that ur bald head way u dey hide so.

This is the thoughts of some analysts

Since Dangote Rice Ltd is the only unquoted among the three of them and majority, if not all of the shares is owned by Alhaji. Share exchange ratio might favour Rice at the detriment of Salt and sugar. This would gives enormous strength to Alhaji to have more ownership in Dangfood even though he has majority shares in both salt and sugar. Let us see how event unfold in the short term

No matter how it goes, minority shareholders will still benefits from Alhaji share exchange calculations

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 7:48pm On Aug 03, 2023
yMcy56:

The name will change to DANGFOODS and you'll be alloted the proportional shares based on the merger conversion and based on the stock you have (either Dangsugar, NASCON or DANGRICE.
I wonder since they all belong to the same parent company why were they listed on the stock exchange differently before??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 8:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
freeman67:

Be sure the banks email you are sending messages is actually the right one. Then you can add these.

cpd@ cbn.gov.ng, contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng &
contact@fccpc.gov.ng

This is an overkill grin. That first email is enough. I used it when ECOBANK seized my funds due to crypto issues and it was refunded within 24hrs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
phoinix:
Which 1:1, Dangsugar and Nascon na mate before? Dont worry, wind go soon carry that your oversized wig comot for that ur bald head way u dey hide so.
You can simply give your own opinion and stop quoting mine.
You may also do well to stop displaying your ill-mannerism publicly.
Hope you didn't skip your dose

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yeddy99: 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
gamaliel9:

This is an overkill grin. That first email is enough. I used it when ECOBANK seized my funds due to crypto issues and it was refunded within 24hrs.
you are underestimating how callous these banks can be.
no show for you if you don't go to the extreme

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2023
yMcy56:

Please don't descend into the gutter with anyone for any reason!

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
AIRTEL
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:07am On Aug 04, 2023
https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/gsk-nigeria-calls-an-end-its-business-return-cash-2023-08-03/

Someone sent the above link on GSK's planned delisting to me on telegram earlier this evening and since then, I've had way too much messages and calls (which I couldn't pick up) asking for my view on the company.

Pls my opinion on GSK hasn't changed.
No point repeating previous guide so I'll just give a brief;

Following the release of the coys previous year guide (FY, 2022), I had pegged a FVE of N21.6... and that, using a blend of valuation model that compares inherent reward to the combination of risk and asset pricing, including but not limited to the possibility of a MTO/delisting. (which I had mentioned nearly 2 yrs ago)

With their just released H1, 2022 financial print, there is now room for an added 11-15.8% premium to that FVE (ref: approx N24.4)
While I'd prefer to go with a conservative value of N20, a N24-25 reward is feasible.

That FV peg compares favourably with the likely value a GSK Nig shareholder can reap looking at the collective of cash, equity and debt (zero for the coy) position and discounting for what should be a fair MEP. (EV & SoAP technique in view)

I find this part of the press release quite interesting, especially the part in bold;

"The Board is conscious that shareholders will have many questions; we have been working assiduously with our professional advisors to agree on next steps and we will be shortly submitting to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) a draft Scheme of Arrangement which may, if approved, see shareholders other than GSK UK, receive an accelerated cash distribution and return of capital."

Note the clause; "accelerated cash distribution and return of capital"

Needless to highlight that the company has a huge pile of cash in her BS which also witnessed an astronomical growth of 8,000bps from N12.8B to over N23.2B in the period under review. (ref: H1, 2023 against H1, 2022 report)
...I honestly really do like what I see and can infer from the coys present BS position.

The fact that it makes sense to hold on tight to your stake in the coy (if your in) should already be taken for granted.

To all those who tried to reach out to me; here lies my candid view which by the way, is still very much in tune with my past analysis and review of the company.

CAVEAT: Not to be inferred as any sought of recommendation. ...the need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.
My advice? Pls do well to follow your instinct.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:11am On Aug 04, 2023
onegentleguy:
There has been a reoccurrence of mergers/acquisition or takeover/buyout and follow-up delisting of some quoted companies on the NSE bourse.

Over the yrs, the likes of NBC, BAGCO, IHS, CAPPA & D'ALBERTO, OASIS INSURANCE, CRUSADER INSURANCE, 7-UP, ASHAKA CEMENT, AVON CROWN CAPS, DIAMOND BANK, NEWREST ASL, DANGOTE FLOUR, CONTINENTAL RE, 1ST ALUMINIUM and most recently AG LEVENTIS to mention just a few, have either undergone a merger, acquisition or takeover/buyout, with the last 6 all brokered in less than a year !!
I think we might see a few more in the not-so-distant future.

Given the current position of their financial print (ref: SCF & BS position) in relation to their present equity prices, the following coys could be future candidates for a merger/acquisition or take over/buy out;

NEIMETH PHARMACEUTICALS, CHAMS, FO, GLAXOSMITHKLINE NIG, COURTVILLE, TRANEX (trans-nationwide express), UNIONDAC, PZ and BERGER PAINTS PLC.

Why?

1st off, is to ascertain if there are doubts surrounding the survival of these companies, so one doesn't lose their money taking (early) positions in them. And next, is to look in on their current earnings capacity, then gauge their relative sustainability over time.

On that line, keeping a tag on their OHLSONS O-SCORE (a key financial tool used to forecast whether a company could go bankrupt), I see them remaining a going concern... which makes them attractive candidates for 'external forces' (investors) who could bid to take them on at a cheap and turn them around.
...and using the EPP (earnings persistence approach; a valuation technique used to predict how often the earnings return of a coy will likely continue to reoccur over time after raking-off risk), I see a higher probability that any take over/buy out (should they occur) will be priced @ great premiums to their current market prices.
With some, at potential premiums of near 105% ROI !!

I particularly like the 1st 5.

On a side note, a few coys in the financial services sector, particularly the INSURANCE segment could also be up for grabs... so watch that space !!

CAVEAT: This piece is only intended to look at quoted coys with chances of a merger/acquisition or takeover/buyout.
...it is NO licence to any sought of recommendation.

My advise? Always do well to follow ur instinct.

GSK was among the 9 companies I had highlighted as possible candidates for a MTO/buyout or merger/acquisition.

4 coys on the list (UNIONDAC, COURTVILLE, FO and GSK) now done, 5 more to go!
I see a great likelihood of 3 from among the remaining 5 candidate, particularly 2 occurring in the short to mid term.
In fact, there's a near 1 probability that 1 of the said 2 will occur in the near term.

A few days before going on a quiet time, I did an extensive analysis following which a certain company turned up as yet another potential candidate deserving of making the list.
...that coy is CAP.
So yes a MTO/buyout or merger/acquisition is possible in CAP.
Add that coy to the list of 9 (now 5) above and have it on your watchlist!

Again, NOT an investment advice. ...due diligence still applies as always.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:24am On Aug 04, 2023
onegentleguy:
Good day all,

My sincere apologies to all those who've been trying to reach me.
I cannot reply to all your messages, mails and/or even calls at the moment due to some personal issues.
...it's a really difficult time for me right now.

I'll try to review and revert in due course.

I do hope you'll understand.
Regards

Again PLS note that the above still stands.
The decision to quickly put out the posts on GSK was only informed by a candid desire to help guide all those who sent messages and put out calls to me, some, repeatedly to get my view on the matter.

I really can not take your calls at the moment.
...I still need some time off and I hope you understand.
Pls kindly respect my wish on this for now.

Remain blessed and guided by Divine!
Regards

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:52am On Aug 04, 2023
thebargainhunte:

All the answers to your questions are here.r

Intrinsic value of about N11 based on the last audited result
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 5:17am On Aug 04, 2023
yMcy56:

Ok thanks.
I've seen it.......posts by Pa Emma and Customstreet...
Like you said, it's still speculations.

In another news, I hope GKS will treat the shareholders fairly and handsomely..... smiley
@Onegentleguy was spot on here!
Yes OGG was Spot on!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 5:37am On Aug 04, 2023
vacanci:

Is it the 300% that made you expose your number out here so fast? You could be an easy target.

Target who? U dey smoke igbo grin grin you know how many people have DM me and I don't respond? Sure have made 300% in a stock in less than 3weeks and am doing the withdrawal at 870/1$. I just bought another this week and have made around 30%. I don't attend to DM for your information deal with that. I will still buy your stocks very cheap from you at the right time, you can't escape it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 6:51am On Aug 04, 2023
Today, expect to see Cadbury at 13.95. and Nigeria Breweries at 45.95.

Not an advice to Buy, Sell or Hold.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 04, 2023
yMcy56:

No. I like being obnoxious, especially to you. Now, bite me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2023
Harvestock01:

Please don't descend into the gutter with anyone for any reason!

People using language they don't understand, anyway, our school system has failed us.

If I had said her unmentionables smell like tuna fish, then that would be gutter language, but why would I do that?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2023
Please and please, we should all calm down and no bad language. We're here to talk and make money. God Bless us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 8:49am On Aug 04, 2023
phoinix:

People using language they don't understand, anyway, our school system has failed us.

If I had said her unmentionables smell like tuna fish, then that would be gutter language, but why would I do that?

@phoinix is enough, this is not necessary, let's focus on the purpose of this fourm.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 04, 2023
ogoo4real:

@phoinix is enough, this is not necessary, let's focus on the purpose of this fourm.

I am so sorry, that was the old me.

I think the market responded positively yesterday because the President mentioned that the Portharcourt Refinery will be coming on line by year end.

I expected that to be the main point in his earlier address, how he managed to miss that surprises me. How he rambled about superficial solutions without touching on the root causes...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 9:09am On Aug 04, 2023
phoinix:

I am so sorry, that was the old me.

I think the market responded positively yesterday because the President mentioned that the Portharcourt Refinery will be coming on line by year end.

I expected that to be the main point in his earlier address, how he managed to miss that surprises me. How he rambled about superficial solutions without touching on the root cause...

That is still a political statement even though is coming from Mr President. That's the same way minister of Petroleum said Port Harcourt Refinery will start working by Dec 2022 and nothing happened afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 04, 2023
ogoo4real:

That is still a political statement even though is coming from Mr President. That's the same way minister of Petroleum said Port Harcourt Refinery will start working by Dec 2022 and nothing happened afterwards.

There is a good chance it will start refining by year end, though, may not be full capacity. The company I work for is one of the many companies that are currently servicing the eleme refinery.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 9:13am On Aug 04, 2023
Who is phoinix?why are you coming from.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 9:46am On Aug 04, 2023
naturalflow:
Who is phoinix?why are you coming from.
we will not allow you disparage our resource person like that.You will loose that handle and register another one.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 04, 2023
naturalflow:
we will not allow you disparage our resource person like that.You will loose that handle and register another one.

Are you trying to infringe on my right to free speech. You are no better than Abacha. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2023
Nascon sighted @43.10 this morning. Dangsugar really needs to catch up fast!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by drLammy(m): 10:13am On Aug 04, 2023
Please who knows how I can reach mytradebook/meritrade customer service
I haven't been able to login to my account for weeks

Kindly help with any information.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 10:20am On Aug 04, 2023
drLammy:
Please who knows how I can reach mytradebook/meritrade customer service
I haven't been able to login to my account for weeks

Kindly help with any information.

For Meritrade, kindly contact contact@meristemng.com, or crmstockbroking@meristemng.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:25am On Aug 04, 2023
HOW FAR CAN ETERNA OIL STOCK PRICE FALL?
One of the laggards in the oil and gas sector is Eterna Oil, after the recent high close to 38, the stock price has been in a free fall (excited profit takers); the question now is how far can the price fall? A price below 15 will likely be a good bargain, but price may not reach this level.

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7182) (7183) (7184) (7185) (7186) (7187) (7188) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ukay2, Kwibaba(m), Coolcash1, USAfall2024, lionshare and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.