Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,278 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10971918 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7257) (7258) (7259) (7260) (7261) (7262) (7263) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ginalex:
Good Afternoon sir grin grin Anything yet for your people that await this opportunity?
Darling 😘, I have some bad Prudentially Africanism in me.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2023
yinka2011:
OANDO will reach N 100 by March 2024(my own opinion based on my own reasearch) ...mark this post.

I have been saying the same thing. Once the AGM rejects and kills the buyout offer and the court sanctions it , Oando would sky rocket if it releases positive result for FY2022.. In fact, the acquisition of ENI is a clear indication of the future prospects of the company and its shares.
I am sure those minority shareholders that went to court for the buyout have already started buying more of the same Oando shares.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
Mfunkynation:

Darling 😘, I have some bad Prudentially Africanism in me.
grin grin
I have been meaning to ask questions about AFRIPRUD (the company) for some time now. From the dividends standpoint, I think they will struggle to pay 50k for FY2023 as in the last two years. Expenses keep diminishing the net earnings, and if I am right, cash reserves increased in Q1 2023 but reduced significantly in Q2 2023. currently at about 21k net earnings at H1, 50k dividend seems impossible at FY. I remember bringing up my concern early last year and Pa emmanuelewumi mentioned that we can give them two years to see improvements (he also mentioned how the CEO moving to UCAP changed some prospects). I was thinking the technology arm might mean more growth and more innovations based on global pace but I think the more I try to look, the less I see.

My UCAP dividends for the last 5 years have consistently been used to increase my position in AFRIPRUD and seeing as Oga Currentprice even mentioned the stock as one to keep on watchlist, I felt more convinced that my additional investments of spare cash every now and then is a good move. I believe Afriprud share price will fly when its time comes regardless of what a novice like me sees or does not see.

I particularly seek insight about the company's growth and current standing from gurus here. Thanks for all contributions in advance!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 3:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
newreality:
Good morning Sir.
Plz I am also having issues with a stockbroking firm since last year (sorry please, I don't want to mention their name here or now).
They've not open a CSCS Account for me , I don't get alerts at all even after I severally requested for it, I mostly just get "your request has been executed" as their reply & after some begging, they will send me contract notes which I still find suspicious because it will come weeks after d actual date.

Plz how can I lay complaint with SEC or any agency in charge of stockbrokers as dz one

Thank you Sir

Contract Note for your transaction is a right. Demand for it and see it's stamped. Cost of Stamp Duty is already built into your transaction charges.

Trade alerts come from NGX. Should come with new accounts opened. If not received, let your broker assist or write to NGX stating your CHN and other details. Cost is inbuilt too, received or not.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CDG1(m): 4:16pm On Sep 14, 2023
πŸ—οΈ **Elevate Your Construction with Custom Block Molding Services in Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, and Lagos!** πŸ—οΈ

Are you in search of premium-quality custom block molding services in Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, or Lagos?
Look no further! Masterpiece Trucks And Granites is your trusted partner for all your block molding needs.

βœ… **Quality That Stands Tall:** We take pride in producing top-notch custom blocks that meet and exceed industry standards. Our commitment to quality ensures your projects are built to last.

🀝 **Reliability at its Core:** At Masterpiece Trucks And Granites , we understand that your timeliness are crucial. You can depend on us for timely and efficient block molding services, ensuring your project stays on track.

πŸ’ͺ **Dependable Excellence:** Our reputation as a dependable block molding service provider is built on years of delivering consistent, high-quality results. We go the extra mile to meet your specifications.

🏒 **Our Services Include:**
- Custom Block Molding
- Various Block Sizes and Shapes (9 Inches, 6 Inches)
- Precise Manufacturing to Your Requirements: (28 blocks per bag etc)
- Expert Guidance and Support

πŸ‘· **Our Team, Your Support:**
Our experienced team is here to guide you through every step of the block molding process. From initial consultation to delivery, we're dedicated to your satisfaction.

🌟 **Contact Us Today:**
Ready to experience the ultimate in quality, reliability, and dependability for your construction projects? Reach out to Masterpiece Trucks And Granites now!

🌐 **Visit Our Website:** https://masterpiece-trucks-and-granites.my./
πŸ“§ **Email:** calebemales@gmail.com
πŸ“± **Phone:** 07026691840

Don't compromise on the foundation of your projects. Choose Masterpiece Trucks And Granites for quality, reliability, and dependable custom block molding services. We build blocks that build futures!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
Capitas7:

I have been meaning to ask questions about AFRIPRUD (the company) for some time now. From the dividends standpoint, I think they will struggle to pay 50k for FY2023 as in the last two years. Expenses keep diminishing the net earnings, and if I am right, cash reserves increased in Q1 2023 but reduced significantly in Q2 2023. currently at about 21k net earnings at H1, 50k dividend seems impossible at FY. I remember bringing up my concern early last year and Pa emmanuelewumi mentioned that we can give them two years to see improvements (he also mentioned how the CEO moving to UCAP changed some prospects). I was thinking the technology arm might mean more growth and more innovations based on global pace but I think the more I try to look, the less I see.

My UCAP dividends for the last 5 years have consistently been used to increase my position in AFRIPRUD and seeing as Oga Currentprice even mentioned the stock as one to keep on watchlist, I felt more convinced that my additional investments of spare cash every now and then is a good move. I believe Afriprud share price will fly when its time comes regardless of what a novice like me sees or does not see.

I particularly seek insight about the company's growth and current standing from gurus here. Thanks for all contributions in advance!
Damn .....
You are wise grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
izzytheo:
Are you saying we should buy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lyndaoyewole(f): 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
mine took a year & 2 weeks to be dematerialized.

ttmax09:
Good day boss, pls I havea question, that's if you don't mind, pls do you have an idea on how share certificates Dematerializion works? I submitted some share certificates to my broker meristem since the beginning of the month, and till now, whenever I chat their support up they keep telling me they are still working on it. Feedback will be appreciated sir, thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lyndaoyewole(f): 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
3 weeks. how? mine took more than a year with more than 20 emails back & forth.

emmasoft:

Share certificates Dematerializion involves
1. The stockbroking firm
2. The registrars to the company's shares
3. Cscs Plc.
Among the three parties the bulk of the work is at the registrars office. The broker intiates while cscs receives after the job has been done at the registrars office.
At the registrars office, they check and scrutinize the ownership by confirming your signature among other things. If positive, they send the outcome to cscs and your shares are deposited electronically in your cscs account.
The time it takes them to do this is what gives the duration of demat process basically.

Most of the stockbroking firm will send out your certificates within three days and they just keep waiting till the registrars answer them.

However, all things being equal, without any irregularities from the investors details with the registrars, demat process is three weeks max.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
lyndaoyewole:

It depends on the Broker.
Some brokers do a followup, while some don't bother unless you remind them.
Mine took two months, they charged me for it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
With all the complaints about some stockbrokers, I think I can rate mine high. I have been with them for a little over 14 years without a single adverse incident.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
Mcy56:
UBA
Profit takers activities.......
Opened on full bid @16.65........

That's one thing with banking stocks, if it were to be other sector, the full bid would have lasted for at least 3 days to a week.......
But UBA is still going up anyway.........when they're done taking profits, they'll start jumping back in....
I think anyone in UBA should not join them to sell, you may end up picking it higher again....
You just took it out of my mouth. Generally, banking stocks don't do 10, 10% for more than two days no matter how fantastic the result or any other reason behind it could be. I think it is because of their generally large OS. Only Unity Bank seems to have been an exemption most likely due to it relatively low OS post reconstruction. If the fantastic results posted by UBA had been for a non-banking sector stock with very small OS, the daily 10% galloping would have been a frenzied one ever since.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogunjyde2004(m): 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

It depends on the Broker.
Some brokers do a followup, while some don't bother unless you remind them.
Mine took two months, they charged me for it.

It is very easy to point a finger at the brokers because investors are not allowed to process their dematerialization forms by themselves. The majority of the delays in the dematerialization of shares come from the registrars.
Sometime after the brokers have submitted the dematerialization form to the registrars they will request for the following.
1. Bankers Confirmation
2. they want the investor to sign the dematerialization form again because of an irregular signature.
3. Latest passport photography.
4. Some of the registrars will reject any scanned documents or photocopied documents.
Most registrars still operate like civil service, except for a few of them, they make dematerialization difficult.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2023
newreality:
Please I already have a CHN & CSCS Account, how do I go about opening a CSCS online account??

You can send a mail to CSCS asking for your statement. They will reply you and give you a First Bank account into which you will pay a fee of N1,000 and send your proof of payment as an attachment to your reply email. Once they receive the proof of payment reply, you will receive your CSCS statement in your inbox in question of minutes thereafter.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pizapato(m): 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2023
maishai:
Dollar is currently at 950, but i still get this creeps that there will be a crash in the price to about 600.......

How it would be done i don't know but i dont trust Nigerian regulators. They know how to attract prey and slaughter them like pigs

Any way i can only watch from side lines

grin

Where will they see dollar to crash it to 600.
People had this same feeling that it will crash back to 400 when dollar was 480, today we are seeing 950.

Not to be pessimistic but we may see 1500 by the end of next year. Once rate cross over 1000, expect a rapid decline to 1500.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

If you have one Clearing House Number all your investment in the various Stockbroking account will be displayed according to each of the accounts and the total value will show towards the end of the statement

Click on analyse my portfolio

Great πŸ‘
I hope the process of margin the CHN to one won't take long?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 5:24am On Sep 15, 2023
Mfunkynation:

Damn .....
You are wise grin grin
It is difficult to know if that's sarcasm in your comment my oga grin . I really need that between-the-lines insight so i can be well informed. The opportunity cost of not investing in Fidelity or FCMB over the same course of time needs to be rewarded by future prospects at least.

I won't mind hearing your view on AFRIPRUD sir. Are you also going long on it?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hayyawithme: 6:06am On Sep 15, 2023
lyndaoyewole:

I took mine to Coronation Securities for over eight years now, nothing has been done.

The fact is that their staff that collected the certificate from me is no longer with them. And I left their office without a copy of the certificate as there was no single paper to do a photo copy which I even offered to give them money for copier paper. To think that I traveled all the way from East to Lagos for that is another problem of its own.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 8:40am On Sep 15, 2023
Heirs Insurance Group, comprising Heirs General Insurance (HGI) and Heirs Life Assurance (HLA), have announced a record-high 226 per cent jump in Gross Written Premium (GWP), from N6.1 billion in 2021 to N19.9 billion for the financial year ended December 31, 2022.

With the strong performance sustained in its second year of operations, Heirs Insurance Group has become the fastest-growing insurance group in Nigeria. https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/09/06/heirs-insurance-group-posts-n20bn-revenue-in-2022

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2023
Oil price now above $94.
Buhari was really unfortunate. All through his regime, oil prices remained low. Bad luck too dey follow bad people lets see what use Tinubu makes of the rise in oil prices.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 8:43am On Sep 15, 2023
now the back door to ownership is through their listed parent companies. AfriPrud plc owns abt 15% of the InsuranceΒ Group, while ucap owns 25%

jideflash:
Heirs Insurance Group, comprising Heirs General Insurance (HGI) and Heirs Life Assurance (HLA), have announced a record-high 226 per cent jump in Gross Written Premium (GWP), from N6.1 billion in 2021 to N19.9 billion for the financial year ended December 31, 2022.

With the strong performance sustained in its second year of operations, Heirs Insurance Group has become the fastest-growing insurance group in Nigeria. https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/09/06/heirs-insurance-group-posts-n20bn-revenue-in-2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emndy(m): 9:09am On Sep 15, 2023
jideflash:

Good one for UCAP since it owns a part of this bussines

Thinking also of how the Head of the UCAP's microfinance bank/consumer finance (Richard Akindele) is purchasing UCAP shares, One can only infer that there might also be a very good growth/performace from his arm of the business (i.e. consumer lending & co.)

I see an increase in the dividend for FY23

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2023
Capitas7:

It is difficult to know if that's sarcasm in your comment my oga grin . I really need that between-the-lines insight so i can be well informed. The opportunity cost of not investing in Fidelity or FCMB over the same course of time needs to be rewarded by future prospects at least.

I won't mind hearing your view on AFRIPRUD sir. Are you also going long on it?
Yes sir...
don't wanna miss it as I miss Ucap impressive dividend

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2023
Hope you know Subsidy is back.

Mpeace:
Oil price now above $94.
Buhari was really unfortunate. All through his regime, oil prices remained low. Bad luck too dey follow bad people lets see what use Tinubu makes of the rise in oil prices.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2023
Ucap had a fantastic result. But refuse to add the comprenhensive income when calculating their EPS. This is to disguise the gains, while their insiders mop up the shares. I suspect a bonus issue soon. Ucap at 15naira is a steal. 20-25 naira is the target in 6months

Emndy:

Good one for UCAP since it owns a part of this bussines

Thinking also of how the Head of the UCAP's microfinance bank/consumer finance (Richard Akindele) is purchasing UCAP shares, One can only infer that there might also be a very good growth/performace from his arm of the business (i.e. consumer lending & co.)

I see an increase in the dividend for FY23

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2023
Good morning everyone, my question will be directed to mcy, pa Emma, current price and the TAs in the house, what is your view on dangotesugar at the moment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yoast: 11:01am On Sep 15, 2023
currentprice:
waiting for Q3....., one very popular stock has been soiling d bedsheet.

until Q3 report out we know if it poo or wine grin

grin grin grin
Mcy, help us decode this one. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 11:20am On Sep 15, 2023
Yoast:

I think it's one of uncle T company
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:22am On Sep 15, 2023
Yoast:
I have some bad Prudentially Africanism in me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 11:24am On Sep 15, 2023
I guess your question to them should be, "Is today's price still a good price to enter?". Because the fundamentals haven't changed, it is just a question of whether you came late to the party and if item 7 is still on the list of items yet to be done.

crownprince2017:
Good morning everyone, my question will be directed to mcy, pa Emma, current price and the TAs in the house, what is your view on dangotesugar at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 11:41am On Sep 15, 2023
Also learn to analyze intrinsic value of stocks, so you know how to identify overvalue and and undervalued company. Seeking stockpicks from guru without due diligence = blaming the adviser if things go wrong. Na so 1 person dey fight everybody for the forum because some1 recommend a broker.

crownprince2017:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 11:52am On Sep 15, 2023
YOU all have had some reCAPs on AFRICA being PRUDENTIAL. I must say the monthly chart setup is revealing. A foot a piece? How do I moderate this portfolio now

(1) (2) (3) ... (7257) (7258) (7259) (7260) (7261) (7262) (7263) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.