Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10972488 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7256) (7257) (7258) (7259) (7260) (7261) (7262) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by newreality: 10:17am On Sep 14, 2023
Good morning Sir.
Plz I am also having issues with a stockbroking firm since last year (sorry please, I don't want to mention their name here or now).
They've not open a CSCS Account for me , I don't get alerts at all even after I severally requested for it, I mostly just get "your request has been executed" as their reply & after some begging, they will send me contract notes which I still find suspicious because it will come weeks after d actual date.

Plz how can I lay complaint with SEC or any agency in charge of stockbrokers as dz one

Thank you Sir

Mcy56:
^^^
Lol. So una plenty like this?

If to say someone had answered him, you would have allayed his fear and wouldn't have thought he was scammed.

@Ogunjide2004
You sounded like a rep of Meritrade. We expected that broker's reps should also be in this platform to address people's concerns, especially sensitive ones.

We know Meristem is a very big firm, but your customer relations is very poor!!
If you had replied him, he wouldn't have come online for it to be addressed.
Try and communicate this to your management, that you have terrible customer service and there's the need to sit up before some people starts to pack their bags and leave your arena.
Ask some popular big brokers that are now begging investors to come and open account with zero fund today.... smiley

@Crownprince , you too calm down and give them time, if your concerns aren't addressed in another week's time, escalate it here so I can personally take it to BAT and SEC DG for you. grin

Blvd we can now face our biz here....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:26am On Sep 14, 2023
newreality:
Good morning Sir.
Plz I am also having issues with a stockbroking firm since last year (sorry please, I don't want to mention their name here or now).
They've not open a CSCS Account for me , I don't get alerts at all even after I severally requested for it, I mostly just get "your request has been executed" as their reply & after some begging, they will send me contract notes which I still find suspicious because it will come weeks after d actual date.

Plz how can I lay complaint with SEC or any agency in charge of stockbrokers as dz one

Thank you Sir

Ask for your Clearing House Number and open a CSCS online account for the monitoring of your investments

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:27am On Sep 14, 2023
@Newreality

I doubt if it's stockbroker you registered with.
If it's a broker, then check the details on the contract notes sent to you, you'll possibly see your details, including your CHN and CSCS account.

More details may still be required for your issue.

I think you should just find a way to open account directly with another active broker, then find means of selling your holdings with the current one, then request for withdrawal, which you can them move to a new one.

Well for your question, here's SEC email:
sec@sec.gov.ng

Btw, don't mind me for saying I'll take it to SEC DG o, was only joking.....but anyone with concerns that has to do with SEC/CSCS is free to email them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yeddy99: 10:41am On Sep 14, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Ask for your Clearing House Number and open a CSCS online account for the monitoring of your investments
i think any serious investor should have a cscs online account. brokers can cook anything and send to you as proof of transaction. cscs will give you a true reflection of things.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2023
newreality:
Good morning Sir.

Thank you Sir
Reporting them is unnecessary, because you may be starting a war that you know little about. But then, It seems your broker is still living in the 19th century, not all stockbroking house has provision for customer to transact or trade online. To save yourself from stress, Simply sell your stock with them, withdraw the money and open an account with a good and versatile stockbroker that meet your needs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ctony1: 10:45am On Sep 14, 2023
Pls does any know about Hantec market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by newreality: 10:45am On Sep 14, 2023
Please I already have a CHN & CSCS Account, how do I go about opening a CSCS online account??

emmanuelewumi:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2023
yeddy99:

i think any serious investor should have a cscs online account. brokers can cook anything and send to you as proof of transaction. cscs will give you a true reflection of things.

Cscs online account is just for checking, noting more.
You can request CSCS statement from your broker anytime.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:53am On Sep 14, 2023
newreality:
Please I already have a CHN & CSCS Account, how do I go about opening a CSCS online account??
Visit CSCS registration portal
Be sure to read the FAQs before registering too.

https://portal.cscs.ng/home/register
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:26am On Sep 14, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

You can use it to monitor your transaction history for the past 10 years and above.

And for investors who have Stockbroking accounts with multiple Stockbrokers, you can easily view the summation of the value of your Investments in the various houses, this also included your Investments on the NASD platform

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 11:33am On Sep 14, 2023
Dollar is currently at 950, but i still get this creeps that there will be a crash in the price to about 600.......

How it would be done i don't know but i dont trust Nigerian regulators. They know how to attract prey and slaughter them like pigs

Any way i can only watch from side lines

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2023
newreality:

Go to cscs online portal and open an acct.....it might take a week to processs as u might mail d admin of ur payment

But once ur acct is opened.....print out d details of your holdings and march straight to ur broker's office if your holdings has not matched your buy mandate

They have some explaining to do on why it has not been filled.

As for me o.....I dont believe that much in phone calls, who knows if dey just get a sweet sounding nysc corper to be answering you...

Understand d mechanics of what is happening and demand an explanation on what is happening.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yeddy99: 11:51am On Sep 14, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

you are right to an extent. what if your broker is selling your stocks without your consent? don't you think he can give you a statement of his choice? give me a cscs statement and i will edit it within 5 minutes for you.
do you know how big BGL was and what led to their downfall?
i know just a few brokers mess up, but just keep your side safe. it is just 3K per year.
let cscs act as a check against your brokers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 11:54am On Sep 14, 2023
Given the last corporate announcement from united capital, the board now have the approval to increase the share capital of the business. Are they also planning a private placement like Fidelity bank or might be issuing bonus shares for the next dividend cycle. Also noticed there have been lots of insider(executives, employees) trading on the stock.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:55am On Sep 14, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

You can use it to monitor your transaction history for the past 10 years and above.

And for investors who have Stockbroking accounts with multiple Stockbrokers, you can easily view the summation of the value of your Investments in the various houses, this also included your Investments on the NASD platform

I have multiple Stockbrokers and NASD platforms.
Also have one online CSCS linked to a broker.
How do i view all of them with one CSCS account.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
@Mashai
You're just mentioning physical appearance in the broker's office. What of people that live very far away from the broker?

There are quite some brokers that you don't have to visit their office before you get everything done......via email and phone calls.

This is another area I give kudos to Morgan, I've never stepped their office for once before, and I don't have any issue transacting with them till date.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2023
yeddy99:

you are right to an extent. what if your broker is selling your stocks without your consent? don't you think he can give you a statement of his choice? give me a cscs statement and i will edit it within 5 minutes for you.
do you know how big BGL was and what led to their downfall?
i know just a few brokers mess up, but just keep your side safe. it is just 3K per year.
let cscs act as a check against your brokers.
It is not all cscs statement you can edit depending on what format it was sent.The original format from cscs cannot be edited. If you see the front you go see na genuine and direct. I was get the edited ones then from cash craft
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

I have multiple Stockbrokers and NASD platforms.
Also have one online CSCS linked to a broker.
How do i view all of them with one CSCS account.

If you have one Clearing House Number all your investment in the various Stockbroking account will be displayed according to each of the accounts and the total value will show towards the end of the statement

Click on analyse my portfolio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
As profit takers jump out, opportunities are created. Keep eyes on OANDO and UBA!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
DANGSUGAR
These insider guys, one can never know what they're up to most times..,..

From the look of activities.....on one hand, it seems someone or an entity is trying to board the bus cheaper, so they're trying all they could to depress the share price so as to enter cheaper, till they get their fill.......Or their clients mandate filled......
On the other hand: Do they know what we don't know yet?
... though the first is looking more like it.......lol. this is based on observation and not TA or SA. smiley

With time, we will know what they're up to.....

** From 54, they've taken it up to 57.20 again.......

** UBA: 235M units done in transactions so far....... currently @16/16.05......16.30......16.50.....
N4.3B staked here so far.....N4.7B.....
Nbst..... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Mcy56:
DANGSUGAR

From the look of activities.....on one hand, it s[b]eems someone or an entity is trying to board the bus cheaper[/b], so they're trying all they could to depress the share price so as to enter cheaper, till they get their fill.......Or their clients mandate filled......
On the other hand, do they know what we don't know yet?
... though the first is looking more like it.......lol. this is based on observation and not TA or SA. smiley

It does not seem like there are any big players, so the market is left to the whims of the smaller players. If you have been following closely, you will see that the investors on the queue are continuously adjusting their quotes. If the price goes down, they adjust down. If it goes up, they also adjust. I see small players looking for bargains on both the sell and buy sides. This will continue until a big player sets the new price range or when short-term traders and profit takers exhaust their positions. LOL

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
For those that missed the previous rallies

UBA is now available @#16.10k while
OANDO is available @#10.30k.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
MRS Board met yesterday for a second time this month without a decision. Meeting adjourned till week for 3rd board meeting.

Nothing to see here, just market musings
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2023
Mcy56:
@Mashai
You're just mentioning physical appearance in the broker's office. What of people that live very far away from the broker?

There are quite some brokers that you don't have to visit their office before you get everything done......via email and phone calls.

This is another area I give kudos to Morgan, I've never stepped their office for once before, and I don't have any issue transacting with them till date.

Personally for any new person coming into stocks on the nse, i still recommend visiting the brokers office @ the beginning that way many of our unanswered questions will be answered

Secondly, many view automation as a good thing but when ur transaction volume starts getting large, u personally will fall in love with the bureaucracy attached to financial transaction because of the fraudulent nature of our clime, I for one will never never use a broker where i open an account on sunday fund the account with #50million on monday, trade with it till wednesday and say make a profit of #10million on thursday , friday I withdraw the money and it enters seamlessly into my acct on friday without any checks and balances.....

The fraud in the Nigerian system is much and one good old way to mitigate it is this bureaucracies involved in carrying out the daily operations........

I understand his pain in not having a seemless way through to trading but its best to let him understand the mechanics of what is going on and why things are the way they are, and there's no better way of getting this information than u being physically present in ur brokers office

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kreos44: 2:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
Mcy56:
DANGSUGAR

From the look of activities.....on one hand, it seems someone or an entity is trying to board the bus cheaper, so they're trying all they could to depress the share price so as to enter cheaper, till they get their fill.......Or their clients mandate filled......
On the other hand: Do they know what we don't know yet?

** UBA: 235M units done in transactions so far....... currently @16/16.05......16.30......16.50.....
N4.3B staked here so far.....N4.7B.....
Nbst..... grin
How long before the technical suspension? Let them get the merger train on the move.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2023
currentprice:
waiting for Q3....., one very popular stock has been soiling d bedsheet.

until Q3 report out we know if it poo or wine grin

grin grin grin
Good Afternoon sir grin grin Anything yet for your people that await this opportunity?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yinka2011: 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
OANDO will reach N 100 by March 2024(my own opinion based on my own reasearch) ...mark this post.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yinka2011: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by izzytheo: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
Are you saying we should buy
yinka2011:
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO
OANDO

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogunjyde2004(m): 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
To receive a CSCS trade alert, please complete the enclosed document and email it to your stockbroker.

newreality:
Good morning Sir.

Thank you Sir

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Iamblessed85: 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
izzytheo:
Are you saying we should buy

😁DYODD
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by izzytheo: 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
This is quite explanatory.

Thank you
smiley
freeman67:

First of all, the tenor of FGN savings bond is shorter than the FGN Bond (2 and 3 years). Thus, it is matures earlier and you can recoup funds earlier than the bond.

Secondly, the amount required to invest directly as an individual in FGN savings bond primary market auction is lesser (from N5,000 to N50,000,000) than that of FGN Bond which is from N50,000,000 and above.

Thirdly, coupon payment for savings bond is quarterly as against the biannual payment for the FGN Bond. So it is you do more regular plans with the coupon of the savings bond.

Also, that rate s/he got it was the prevailing market rate as at the time that investment. Rates were generally low then, even treasury was like between 6-7% for 365 days. Though the FGN Bond rates are usually higher because the tenure is longer and the amount required for investment is higher. The rates of FGN Bond then was not that high too.

Maybe s/he thought she will be able to wait till the end of the 3 years without considering that s/he may need that money for other invest. That said, the rates for this month's savings bond auction was slightly above 11% for 2 years and above 12% for 3 year tenor savings bond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7256) (7257) (7258) (7259) (7260) (7261) (7262) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ololufemi and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.