Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10857050 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7264) (7265) (7266) (7267) (7268) (7269) (7270) ... (7746) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2023
jarkbauer:

you are wrong and he is right. read the press release here

https://www.oandoplc.com/press_release/oando-plc-announces-proposed-scheme-of-arrangement/

March 30, 202
Lagos, Nigeria – Oando PLC (“Oando” or the “Company”) hereby notifies Nigerian Exchange Limited (“NGX”) and Johannesburg Stock Exchange Limited (“JSE Limited ”) that it has received an offer from its core shareholder – Ocean and Oil Development Partners Limited (“OODP”) – to acquire the shares of all minority shareholders in Oando (“Scheme Shareholders”). The Company will subsequently be delisted from NGX and JSE and re-registered as a private company (the “Transaction”).

It is intended that the Transaction will be executed through a Scheme of Arrangement (‘’Scheme”), in accordance with Section 715 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2020 (as amended), and other applicable laws, rules, and regulations.

Under the Scheme, each Scheme Shareholder shall be entitled to receive the sum of N7.07 in cash or its equivalent in South African Rand (ZAR) for every ordinary share held by the qualified Scheme Shareholders at the Effective Date of the Scheme (“Scheme Consideration”).

The proposed Scheme Consideration represents a 58% premium to the last traded share price of Oando on 28 March 2023, being the day prior to the date of submission of the Scheme application to the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”).

Consequently, we confirm that Oando has applied for the SEC’s ‘No Objection’ to the Scheme. Please note that the effectiveness of the Scheme is subject to the approval of the shareholders of Oando at the Court-Ordered Meeting of the Company, as well as the sanction of the Federal High Court. The terms and conditions of the Transaction will be provided in the Scheme Document which will be dispatched to all shareholders following the receipt of an order from the Federal High Court to convene a Court-Ordered Meeting. If the conditions of the Transaction are satisfied and same is sanctioned by the Federal High Court, the Company will be delisted from NGX and JSE and re-registered as a private company.

Further details will be communicated to the market upon receipt of requisite approvals from shareholders and regulators.

Shareholders of Oando are advised to exercise caution when dealing in the shares of Oando until a further announcement is made.

Oga you get time.My target is for oando to reach #20 before the Agm.So I call see the batch I bought long time ago at#18.i can't buy oando above the delisting price.No minority share holder can stop wale if he is bent on delisting at 7 plus.You no see plenty Monkey Hunting dey for oando matter. Go check my old post I called oando out long before all this Hunting. But I still said my buying price was #5.50 then as max.which yeye minority share holders wan stop wale if he says this is the end.Have the minority shareholders been able to stop him from carrying out any decisions in the past.

He striped oando of all the assets in the pass and no one could cough na now his big bro dey incharge you wan make noise...you wan collect .

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2023
Abi1985:
How can I buy shared in Nigeria stock market, I am very interested.

You need to open a stock/cscs account with a stockbroking firm preferably one that has an online (web) trading platform, an app or both.

I recommend investment one stockbrokers.
For both web and app trading platforms with a very reliable and effective customer service team.

To open account for free, click the third link on my signature and complete the online form.
I will personally be available to work you through the processes involve

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:45pm On Sep 19, 2023
Ten Nigerian Banks restructure Oando PLC’s Medium-Term Loan to N115.3 Billion

In a move aimed at bolstering the financial stability of one of Nigeria’s key energy companies, ten Nigerian banks have joined forces to restructure Oando PLC‘s Medium-Term Loan.

The original agreement has been amended, with the overall commitment increasing to N115.3 billion from N108.3 billion.

This is actually a good news for Oando and the banks.

The restructuring aims to re-sculpt the repayment profile, extend the loan’s maturity date, and update associated security details.

This was contained in the company’s recently 2021 audited accounts under the notes to accounts.

The consortium of Nigerian banks participating as the “Lenders” include:

1. Access Bank PLC
2. Ecobank Nigeria Limited
3. Fidelity Bank PLC
4. First Bank of Nigeria Limited
5. Keystone Bank Limited
6. Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC
7. Union Bank of Nigeria PLC
8. Zenith Bank PLC
9. First City Monument Bank Ltd
10. United Bank for Africa PLC

I think somehow these banks will continue to enjoy some benefits from Oando's continued expansion.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2023
The banks are enthusiastic about the new Oando. They recognize that the new Oando is now the beautiful bride and a central force in today's Nigeria.

Mpeace:
Ten Nigerian Banks restructure Oando PLC’s Medium-Term Loan to N115.3 Billion

In a move aimed at bolstering the financial stability of one of Nigeria’s key energy companies, ten Nigerian banks have joined forces to restructure Oando PLC‘s Medium-Term Loan.

The original agreement has been amended, with the overall commitment increasing to N115.3 billion from N108.3 billion.

This is actually a good news for Oando and the banks.

The restructuring aims to re-sculpt the repayment profile, extend the loan’s maturity date, and update associated security details.

This was contained in the company’s recently 2021 audited accounts under the notes to accounts.

The consortium of Nigerian banks participating as the “Lenders” include:

1. Access Bank PLC
2. Ecobank Nigeria Limited
3. Fidelity Bank PLC
4. First Bank of Nigeria Limited
5. Keystone Bank Limited
6. Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC
7. Union Bank of Nigeria PLC
8. Zenith Bank PLC
9. First City Monument Bank Ltd
10. United Bank for Africa PLC

I think somehow these banks will continue to enjoy some benefits from Oando's continued expansion.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2023
https://www.oandoplc.com/press_release/oando-partners-worlds-largest-electric-vehicle-manufacturer-yutong-takes-delivery-of-electric-buses-for-lagos-mass-transit/

Lagos electric bases were supplied by Oando, as many others that will follow.

Watch out for Oando's 2022 results and 2023 half year results. I foresee laughter in the mouth of Oando shareholders!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2023
kolaish:
In a layman's language "So many people want to buy, but the people holding the shares did not want to sell". In order words, plenty buyer and few sellers.
Oh I get, so if I want to buy at that point I won't be able to because no shares available?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2023
ProphetUtuocha:
https://www.oandoplc.com/press_release/oando-partners-worlds-largest-electric-vehicle-manufacturer-yutong-takes-delivery-of-electric-buses-for-lagos-mass-transit/

Lagos electric bases were supplied by Oando, as many others that will follow.

Watch out for Oando's 2022 results and 2023 half year results. I foresee laughter in the mouth of Oando shareholders!
Using news of April this year to push your agenda is a little bit disingenuous . How many of those buses were supplied? Has anyone seen them . Deploring two pilot vehicles is absolutely misleading and to think you are just posting this is not good for people who are looking for guidance here . It may be a faceless forum but respect to those who stay true to themselves irrespective of whether they have met someone or not.
If you want to really help people, go and take pictures of these buses and the number and post it here . That is how to do due diligence .
Some valid concerns have been raised too . You try and address them and put a caveat that it's not financial advice instead of making look like it's all rosy to invest in Oando . I will be happy for you to make money but do not mislead others

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 11:54pm On Sep 19, 2023
Ajibade123:

Oh I get, so if I want to buy at that point I won't be able to because no shares available?
Not really. You could still get to buy if you or your broker enters your order early enough in the day. For a stock on full bid, there are usually offers in the first few minutes after market open after which they are soon cleared off and the only further offers will come in trickles till the close of market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 12:22am On Sep 20, 2023
I will no longer comment on Oando until it cruises pass 20 naira!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 4:47am On Sep 20, 2023
Frangel:

Much of this and more are in Note 50 of the just released 2021 report.

However, most people don't read the Notes to the accounts and the Directors' Report. A lot of info can be got therein, even though they are often too long.

You know all these but ignoring the positive news of the company iacquiring new massive and profitable investments e.g. ENI/NAOC which will improves it's profitability.
Keep on reading FY2021 accounts WAPCO, FBN , UBA and Dangoter Cement (Benue Cement Company) were in similar situation some years back but today they have weathered the storm and bounced back.

If you never heard of business restructuring and turnaround, there is nothing anyone can do for to change your sentiments l.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Iamblessed85: 5:31am On Sep 20, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Oga you get time.My target is for oando to reach #20 before the Agm.So I call see the batch I bought long time ago at#18.i can't buy oando above the delisting price.No minority share holder can stop wale if he is bent on delisting at 7 plus.You no see plenty Monkey Hunting dey for oando matter. Go check my old post I called oando out long before all this Hunting. But I still said my buying price was #5.50 then as max.which yeye minority share holders wan stop wale if he says this is the end.Have the minority shareholders been able to stop him from carrying out any decisions in the past.

He striped oando of all the assets in the pass and no one could cough na now his big bro dey incharge you wan make noise...you wan collect .

Actually, it’s the minority shareholders that were pushing for the delisting and not Wale. That’s the funny part. The minority shareholders instituted the court action and it was reasonable at the time but not anymore. Anyone can see that Oando actually has a bright future. The upward trajectory of the share price says alot. Day in day out we have watched the price increase and this was before they even released their results. Is it not the minority shareholders that are even topping up shares 😁

What I don’t understand is what Wale stands to gain if the company delists? For a company that is trying to stay liquid, a massive pay out to share holders may not be their preference at this time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 6:23am On Sep 20, 2023
Myhelper1:
UBA is a strong buy even @current price.
Which app is this pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 6:44am On Sep 20, 2023
Iamblessed85:

Actually, it’s the minority shareholders that were pushing for the delisting and not Wale. That’s the funny part. The minority shareholders instituted the court action and it was reasonable at the time but not anymore. Anyone can see that Oando actually has a bright future. The upward trajectory of the share price says alot. Day in day out we have watched the price increase and this was before they even released their results. Is it not the minority shareholders that are even topping up shares 😁

What I don’t understand is what Wale stands to gain if the company delists? For a company that is trying to stay liquid, a massive pay out to share holders may not be their preference at this time.

A lot of people don't really understand the whole story. But as typical Nigerians, they are just quick to form conspiracy theories especially if one big rich man or politician is involved e.g."Tinubu" .
I am not a fan of Tinubu, but the buyout was instigated by SOME (not all) minority shareholders who were tired of the long wait for Oando's fortunes to turnaround. And Oando is mandated to respond with an offer based on CAMA/SEC regulations. So they offered a conservative N7.07 according to the law i.e. a minimum price not below the average price on the NSE over 6 months prior to the court case.
That N7.07 offer is dead and buried because it will be rejected 100 percent!
Just waiting for the court-ordered AGM and the FY2022 results !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Meerahbel: 7:21am On Sep 20, 2023
Abi1985:
How can I buy shared in Nigeria stock market, I am very interested.
Register with Morgan capital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 7:30am On Sep 20, 2023
essentialone:
please can you stop asking for permission to post something important to making money for it make no sense to be asking for such permission Request for permission to post long write-up: next time just post it we all will be forced to read it for our own weal or woe
drop mike

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 7:32am On Sep 20, 2023
ProphetUtuocha:
dream on

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 8:15am On Sep 20, 2023
Redoil:
essentialone:
please can you stop asking for permission to post something important to making money for it make no sense to be asking for such permission Request for permission to post long write-up: next time just post it we all will be forced to read it for our own weal or woe
drop mike

I do not want the Ogas in the house to sanction me, or report me to Nairaland Moderators, for posting a long write up.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 8:22am On Sep 20, 2023
ProphetUtuocha:
The banks are enthusiastic about the new Oando. They recognize that the new Oando is now the beautiful bride and a central force in today's Nigeria.

Loooool...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:45am On Sep 20, 2023
Iamblessed85:

Don't come and tell me what I know
It was never the minority share holders that pushed for delisting rather they are rejecting the offer. The delisting idea was conceived by its foreign partner who equally is majority share holders. The noise of recent is to cash out.why didn't minority share holders stop ardova delisting at ridiculous price. They didn't even give me the offer of first refusal which I wanted because I was ready to go private with them.

No minority share holder in nigeria can stop wale if he has made up his mind.Why couldn't they effect the change of management with every thing he did wrong. IF he likes he can even make the agm visual one and manipulate all decision. Or take it to any unfavourable and insecure location in the country. What can you do about it.If he decide to take it to far north. How many minority will go.He can get proxy attendees better than anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Iamblessed85: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2023
mikeapollo:

A lot of people don't really understand the whole story. But as typical Nigerians, they are just quick to form conspiracy theories especially if one big rich man or politician is involved e.g."Tinubu" .
I am not a fan of Tinubu, but the buyout was instigated by SOME (not all) minority shareholders who were tired of the long wait for Oando's fortunes to turnaround. And Oando is mandated to respond with an offer based on CAMA/SEC regulations. So they offered a conservative N7.07 according to the law i.e. a minimum price not below the average price on the NSE over 6 months prior to the court case.
That N7.07 offer is dead and buried because it will be rejected 100 percent!
Just waiting for the court-ordered AGM and the FY2022 results !

Exactly my point.

Do you know when the AGM will take place?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 9:04am On Sep 20, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Don't come and tell me what I know
It was never the minority share holders that pushed for delisting rather they are rejecting the offer. The delisting idea was conceived by its foreign partner who equally is majority share holders. The noise of recent is to cash out.why didn't minority share holders stop ardova delisting at ridiculous price. They didn't even give me the offer of first refusal which I wanted because I was ready to go private with them.

No minority share holder in nigeria can stop wale if he has made up his mind.Why couldn't they effect the change of management with every thing he did wrong. IF he likes he can even make the agm visual one and manipulate all decision. Or take it to any unfavourable and insecure location in the country. What can you do about it.If he decide to take it to far north. How many minority will go.He can get proxy attendees better than anyone.

https://www.energyfocusreport.com/ocean-oil-acquires-minority-shares-of-oando-for-over-n2-1bn/

This article says it was the minority shareholders
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 9:07am On Sep 20, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 9:10am On Sep 20, 2023
A lot of emotions and reations flying up and down either like directed or orphan stones. When all faces are smiling, please try to ask questions from the few that are frowning, rather than attacking them. Some recent comments by popular contribitors on this forum have been treated with dislike - or subtly referring to their posts as wishes of dooms. One needs to be calming down small small, especially because the posters are invested in the same market too.

Just for optimistic persons who feel attacked by such posts, I came across these quoted meals below while going through some posts by gurus (TA, FA, experience) in a bid to educate myself a little.

RabbiDoracle:
Buying at cyclical bottoms give superior returns than cryptos. Find those bottoms.
In 2022 and 2023, we will easily see 2,000% to 7,000% in some names on NSE.
All emerging markets need to go parabolic. It will be a bubble of immense proportion.
RabbiDoracle:

Market is bullish. All Emerging market. The seed has been sown long ago.
F - 50
U - 40
G - 90
A - 60
Z - 75
2Fs - 15
And many more.
This is a possibility based on TA.
Impossible is nothing.
Do your due diligence.

Massive money multiplication (MMM) might go round as it has been from one stock to another : FBNH, JAPAULGOLD, TRANSCORP, U.G.A.Z., DANGSUGAR/NASCON, OANDO, others. It has been one after another, so why worry? cheesy

The emphasis on seeking knowledge is very important because it is a privilege to experience an across-board exponential gain in stock prices and it is in my opinion, also a privilege to experience the opposite. It births an "old wine" investor/trader. Seek knowledge and pick wisdom from the experiences of others (or yours as the case may be).

"For to every one who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away". — Matthew 25:29 was referring to rewards for use talents and that has a meaning in every area of our lives. Talents in a general bull run might mean capital.

May the bulls favor my household, and may my little capital not be used as election campaign funds as I navigate this season of everyone being an expert at trading. Oga Rabbidoracle described this season as "when your barber and newspaper vendor are advising you on what stocks to buy,....". Let us enjoy the game, make friends, build relationships whether faceless or otherwise and remain focused on learning and making money. There's a lot to learn, after which might come a lot to earn; in that order and not the other way round.

Owo ti omode ba koko ri, akara lo fi nra grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 9:30am On Sep 20, 2023
UkwuAmu:

Using news of April this year to push your agenda is a little bit disingenuous . How many of those buses were supplied? Has anyone seen them . Deploring two pilot vehicles is absolutely misleading and to think you are just posting this is not good for people who are looking for guidance here . It may be a faceless forum but respect to those who stay true to themselves irrespective of whether they have met someone or not.
If you want to really help people, go and take pictures of these buses and the number and post it here . That is how to do due diligence .
Some valid concerns have been raised too . You try and address them and put a caveat that it's not financial advice instead of making look like it's all rosy to invest in Oando . I will be happy for you to make money but do not mislead others

Thank you for this.
Balance is key!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 9:42am On Sep 20, 2023
On OANDO,
The explanation notes on the upstream details that the value of the oil reserve is dependent on new information, price of product among other factors.
What does this mean?
Crude in the ground is ascertained by information gotten by more drilling etc. Also, the price of the product in the market matters. The asset of the company is therefore not fixed. It is a variable.
The question is : is the asset in Sept 2023 same as Dec 2021?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yinka2011: 9:45am On Sep 20, 2023
ProphetUtuocha:

look forward to your next comment before end of next week.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2023
Iamblessed85:

Exactly my point.

Do you know when the AGM will take place?

I don't know the date yet. But the court case is around October 10, 2023. That is what will determine further direction / action in the matter.
I have a feeling that the shareholders would discontinue and withdraw the case, and we go back to status quo ante .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:02am On Sep 20, 2023
Why is everyone obsessed about Oando?

How come no one is taking about PZ and GSK that have also mentioned their plans to delist from Nigeria stock market?

I am sure this is not the first time a stock will be on full bid.

Few days ago, the craze was on Dangote Sugar and Nascon. Seems that jamboree is over. Now unto the next level with Oando.

Always know when to Buy.
Always know when to exit.

Do not be like the gentleman who told me he bought Eterna at N33, but now looking at his Eterna at N13

#ThereIsNeverABadTimeToBuyAGoodStock

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:07am On Sep 20, 2023
sky2891:

https://www.energyfocusreport.com/ocean-oil-acquires-minority-shares-of-oando-for-over-n2-1bn/

This article says it was the minority shareholders
Oga I am old enough in naija to know when things are being arranged. I tell you the whole thing is set up by oando and its foreign partners hiding under few minority share holders. That is why they did not object the matter.
If I approach you for something I have made serious investment ,I will definitely present a figure and we may even reach agreement before you make it public. In this case oando is the one offering dubious figure so that you make noise/react so they give you small jara or find another way around it.How many minority shareholders requested this with the number of all minority shareholders. The article claim 14 They are ready to accept the request by this few but refused everything in the past by larger number of minority share holders. Did the larger minority shareholders approve all the stripping of oando asset.

I stand oando and its majority shareholders conceived the idea.The only thing that can stop it is if they are not bent on carrying it out or change of mind.You forget this guy wale sabi the law in criminal way.Thr is big prospect in the future for oando and that is why this criminals want to take it private. Naija is too corrupt. Do you remember adevo got to #24 but still they delisted at #19 plus
If they give room of refusal ,I will go private with them .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Iamblessed85: 10:17am On Sep 20, 2023
mikeapollo:

I don't know the date yet. But the court case is around October 10, 2023. That is what will determine further direction / action in the matter.
I have a feeling that the shareholders would discontinue and withdraw the case, and we go back to status quo ante .

Okay thanks alot. I foresee the shareholders withdrawing the case too. Some of them are accumulating right now 😁
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:20am On Sep 20, 2023
OANDO
Some profit taking today.....

CHAMS: Full bid @1.46....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 10:23am On Sep 20, 2023
yMcy56:
OANDO
Some profit taking today.....

CHAMS: Full bid @1.46....

Thanks for the update.
Oando will break the N20 bar very soon.

Many companies around the world have had their difficult, turbulent years and bounced back. Oando is on his way back after a decade of difficulty and turbulence!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7264) (7265) (7266) (7267) (7268) (7269) (7270) ... (7746) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: stepbystep1010, nnadengram(m), ghm, Adinije(f), Zagee, Princkez, machine606, ositadima1(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.