Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10893451 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7386) (7387) (7388) (7389) (7390) (7391) (7392) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
thebargainhunte:

This is more reason fidson has to shift body. I would have believed that fidson would have been the market leader in that industry, but the way things are playing out, it could be mecure.

Do you want to use less than two weeks of price movement of a newly listed stock to determine market leader? hmm! Let them release up to five years' numbers after listing you will then differentiate the men from the boys.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
yMcy56:

MECURE is pure insider manipulations....
Correction will still take place by the time it goes round.....

Meanwhile, there's quite a lot of accumulations and cross deals in TRANSCORP, closed @6.83
Also, from tomorrow, Neimeth should be good for pick.for bargainers......some guys were rushing it last week and it went above 2.40, could be that there's some news who knows...

Yes o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
This is a new angle to me.This could be an isolation case if truely it is not wale behind the delisting. Why are they asking for average of price within 3 months instead of highest market price within three months which I think is the standard. What are we really missing in the whole thing

I guess these shareholders are the ones that Wale said had been settled with about USD600m!
This revelation by Wale is key and should be factored in in whatever analysis we are doing. What is bothering me is the court case that is being adjourned even after the so called 14 minority shareholders had been settled and paid off!
So who is/are the other party/parties still contending with OANDO in the court case if the 14 minority shareholders that went to court had already been settled and paid off?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2023
mikeapollo:

I guess these shareholders are the ones that Wale said had been settled with about USD600m!
This revelation by Wale is key and should be factored in in whatever analysis we are doing. What is bothering me is the court case that is being adjourned even after the so called 14 minority shareholders had been settled and paid off!
So who is/are the other party/parties still contending with OANDO in the court case if the 14 minority shareholders that went to court had already been settled and paid off?

Abracadabra grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
mikeapollo:

https://nairametrics.com/2017/09/07/oando-petition-explained/
The $600m was used in settlement of the dispute referrred in the link. (You can research further on that)
I don't think it was for the 14 minority shareholders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
Na different matter u ppl Dey yan for 2017
Dis petition Dey from 2021
It’s led by Venus construction who used to B a minority shellholder but oando don buy dem shells since 2022 I posted those details fo hia.
So the lead plaintiff don Dey settle outside court.
Rest 13 remain dem go settle soon.
No B by chance no reporter Dey report on dis court matter na by design.
Even dis your nairamatrix press-titutes dem Don collect dia own brown envellope too show silence. na chicken & rice money dey inside am wey dem comot redeem fo tantaliza
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2023
I never wanted to be rich,I just wanted to be independent- charlie munger!RIP to a legend.He was 99 years old.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2023
naturalflow:
I never wanted to be rich,I just wanted to be independent- charlie munger!RIP to a legend.He was 99 years old.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
Some of this big name for an industry they annoying How can nnfm way I buy for #9 come jam the big for nothing flour mill at #30 plus come still over take join.I don vex sell the yeye flour mill to move my fund to alhaji. Nobi to get subsidiary full everywhere after the group result go be rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Some of this big name for an industry they annoying How can nnfm way I buy for #9 come jam the big for nothing flour mill at #30 plus come still over take join.I don vex sell the yeye flour mill to move my fund to alhaji. Nobi to get subsidiary full everywhere after the group result go be rubbish

Flour Mills doesn't seem to be very cost efficient. They have annual turnover of around 1.8Trillion Naira but a whole lot of the huge revenue goes into costs.
Annual profit is struggling to hit 30B naira from the huge revenue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2023
Streetinvestor2:

Hope you know that, Flour- Mills is owner of NNFM and Honeywells.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 7:25am On Nov 30, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

He probably knows...
Hence he said "Nobi to get subsidiary full everywhere..........."

But i think NNFM is significantly autonomous in its Operations from parent company..
Also Location, cost of labour and demand affects returns in the long run...NNFM seem more strategically located than Floor Mills..
I am even assuming NNFM even earn cheap foreign exchange indirectly through our porous borders than Floor Mills..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:20am On Nov 30, 2023
chimex38:

He probably knows...
Hence he said "Nobi to get subsidiary full everywhere..........."

But i think NNFM is significantly autonomous in its Operations from parent company..
Also Location, cost of labour and demand affects returns in the long run...NNFM seem more strategically located than Floor Mills..
I am even assuming NNFM even earn cheap foreign exchange indirectly through our porous borders than Floor Mills..

Flour-Mills has more products than NNFM.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:24am On Nov 30, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

Yes I know and other companies not into flour.At a time I was hoping to sell my nnfm at #18 .Then someone here projected it to reach #40.I said it won't happen when the giant has been dancing within 30/32.Then I checked results and flour had alot loss from dollar revaluation. Then NNFM hit 20 then 30.I use to get emotional attached with giants in an industry but I am really reviewing that habit Hence I will be rebalancing my portfolio once in a while with no emotions, lol.My new targets next year no matter the stocks in my portfolio. I should not get less than 20% returns on my portfolio yearly That is dividend plus stock appreciation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 9:39am On Nov 30, 2023
On Tuesday I sent a mail to the Company Secretary about the outcome of the sitting.
They responded today...

megawealth01:
So the case has been adjourned? Pls any link?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:43am On Nov 30, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Yes I know and other companies not into flour.At a time I was hoping to sell my nnfm at #18 .Then someone here projected it to reach #40.I said it won't happen when the giant has been dancing within 30/32.Then I checked results and flour had alot loss from dollar revaluation. Then NNFM hit 20 then 30.I use to get emotional attached with giants in an industry but I am really reviewing that habit Hence I will be rebalancing my portfolio once in a while with no emotions, lol.My new targets next year no matter the stocks in my portfolio. I should not get less than 20% returns on my portfolio yearly That is dividend plus stock appreciation

That Flour Mills pays more dividend than NNFM, FMN is more profitables.

NNFM price movment might be due OS .

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 9:49am On Nov 30, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

Flour-Mills has more products than NNFM.
Yeah a poiny for them..but it all drowns in cost of production of those products..
If you get Revenue/product cost

Still boils down Location of plants, cheap labour, demand for products, easy access to raw marerials and distribution logistics.. for reduced production cost
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 9:56am On Nov 30, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

True sha..
But FMN is too stagnant joor
as per parent company.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 9:58am On Nov 30, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:12am On Nov 30, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

NNFM is pure insider manipulations...
The last dividend paid was 0.35k, so what makes it to be trading at par with FMN if not manipulations?

It's even trading above FMN intra-day as at now self! N35+

* This is just one of the luck and wonders of NSE, just like TRANSCO HOTELS, nothing that NNFM is doing differently.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 10:23am On Nov 30, 2023
Nnfm with q2 result alone projecting 5.4 eps selling at 20,instead of you to grab your copy,you were waiting for it to touchdown 14.Even at 30,nnfm is still underpar.we are touching 50!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 10:28am On Nov 30, 2023
naturalflow:
Nnfm with q2 result alone projecting 5.4 eps selling at 20,instead of you to grab your copy,you were waiting for it to touchdown 14.Even at 30,nnfm is still underpar.we are touching 50!

Safe journey to everyone. Enjoy the gains and pay your tithe shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jats2k2002: 10:39am On Nov 30, 2023
yMcy56:

NNFM is pure insider manipulations...
The last dividend paid was 0.35k, so what makes it to be trading at par with FMN if not manipulations?

It's even trading above FMN intra-day as at now self! N35+

* This is just one of the luck and wonders of NSE, just like TRANSCO HOTELS, nothing that FFMN is doing differently.

FLMN paid N52 per share to purchase the 11m shares of the former chairman last year.... Disclosure in FLMN financials.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:56am On Nov 30, 2023
Jats2k2002:

FLMN paid N52 per share to purchase the 11m shares of the former chairman last year.... Disclosure in FLMN financials.
The bought higher than thr own price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:59am On Nov 30, 2023
Jats2k2002:
All these CEOs, we may not know what they're up to sometimes.......
Maybe Flour Mills too is thinking of merging her businesses who knows......
Could be one of the tactics......that is, to increase the share price of NNFM, since 4.20 was paid for Honeywell's majority shares....

Merging the businesses, like Dangote is currently doing may likely be in the interest of the Company too.

Na my opinion o. I didn't say that's what is happening. Make una no mind me. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2023
ositadima1:

At present, Mecure has stocks worth 3.5 million naira (320,853 units) available. The manipulation has not yet ceased, you can purchase the stocks now and be assured of a minimum return of 700,000 naira by the middle of next week. grin grin grin

Half of the 700k is done. By tomorrow, the entire 700,000 will be finished and ready for collection. As I stated with absolute confidence, the 700k is guaranteed. grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2023
TRANSCORP @6.94 as at now ......
Accumulation still ongoing......

*Edited* lipsrsealed

Pullback activities in NASCON and Dangsugar!
Are we expecting some news?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:48am On Nov 30, 2023
KarlTom:
On Tuesday I sent a mail to the Company Secretary about the outcome of the sitting.
They responded today...

Nawaoh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yoast: 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
ositadima1:

Half of the 700k is done. By tomorrow, the entire 700,000 will be finished and ready for collection. As I stated with absolute confidence, the 700k is guaranteed. grin grin grin
3.5m na big money to commit to such very risky endeavour, considering that particular vehicle has travelled far all the way from 3.something
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yoast: 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
yMcy56:
TRANSCORP @6.94 as at now ......
Accumulation still ongoing......

*Edited* lipsrsealed

Pullback activities in NASCON and Dangsugar!
Are we expecting some news?
Any other news besides official suspension and listing of the new company
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by femu(m): 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2023
yMcy56:

All these CEOs, we may not know what they're up to sometimes.......
Maybe Flour Mills too is thinking of merging her businesses who knows......
Could be one of the tactics......that is, to increase the share price of NNFM, since 4.20 was paid for Honeywell's majority shares....

Merging the businesses, like Dangote is currently doing may likely be in the interest of the Company too.

Na my opinion o. I didn't say that's what is happening. Make una no mind me. smiley

Flourmills is a huge company with many subsidiaries including Honeywell Flourmills

The value maybe affected by debt though

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2023
femu:
Flourmills is a huge company woth many subsidiaries including Honeywell Flourmills

The value maybe affected by debt though
The debt is the major issue Flour Mills is facing for now.....but the company has good business no doubt.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7386) (7387) (7388) (7389) (7390) (7391) (7392) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 222Martins(m), courage89(m), emmaodet, Krisuba, yok and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.