Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10855138 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7417) (7418) (7419) (7420) (7421) (7422) (7423) ... (7745) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2023
narite:

Hmm, I get the picture.

It safer to take a loan using assets that are relatively stable (dividends, land) as collateral compare to using asset that fluctuate a lots (stocks, kryptò).

Prior to now, I was about taking some loans with my kryptò portfolio, if I have done that, I would have created a high, enormous probability of getting wiped out using loans. That kryptò of a thing fluctuate like leaves.

I will still be taking the loan but using usdt (virtual dollar) as collateral and not those leafy coïns.

I think there should be more education about using debt, the word goes deeper than it meaning.

i have very limited knowledge about crypto currency, i am not sure if any financial institution in Nigeria accepts them as collateral security

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by narite: 3:24pm On Dec 24, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

i have very limited knowledge about crypto currency, i am not sure if any financial institution in Nigeria accepts them as collateral security
Not financial institutions in Nigeria, more like international institutions. Taking loans with this institutions mostly called exchanges is way more easier compared to our own institutions.

Despite my huge losses in the space, I have really grown fond of the space mostly due to versatility, speed and robustness. You could find almost any financial tool in krypton.

You should take a closer look at that thing. It not as dangerous as people screamed it to be. At first, you might suffer significant losses but over time you get better. So, I advise you go there with little money to mitigate against losses which you are bound to make due to inexperience.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2023
narite:

Not financial institutions in Nigeria, more like international institutions. Taking loans with this institutions mostly called exchanges is way more easier compared to our own institutions.

Despite my huge losses in the space, I have really grown fond of the space mostly due to versatility, speed and robustness. You could find almost any financial tool in krypton.

You should take a closer look at that thing. It not as dangerous as people screamed it to be. At first, you might suffer significant losses but over time you get better. So, I advise you go there with little money to mitigate against losses which you are bound to make due to inexperience.

No thanks, I love to operate in my area of strength and competence.

Just like the other guy that borrows against his Financial Assets and uses the loans to invest in his business to payback in 180 days and below, but will never use the loan to buy shares rather he will use the profit made after liquidating his loans to buy additional shares.

There is a saying that it is difficult to teach an old dog a new trick.

There are investors that are only into real estate and are doing fine, there others who are only into Fixed Income investments and are also doing fine, there are others who are only into stocks and are also doing. There are also investors who combine everything.

You should have known that if an asset or investment does not generate cash flow, I can't deal.

That does not mean that people who invests in such assets won't make money.

According to Warren Buffett it is when the tides are down, that we will know those that have been swimming naked

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 4:31pm On Dec 24, 2023
narite:

...@emmanuelewumi is not a trader, it's not for him wink
grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
phadriz:
Thank you very much, it is an healthy discussion among us. I appreciate everyone view the aim of everyone that comment on the topic of discussion is to make more money and protect our investment. I just got pissed off when someone called me a poor man, even if I am, I never begged from the person. Apologies to anyone that might think my views offended him or her.

Regards.

...that's the spirit! Ensure to become active on the platform, bringing your own contributions.
grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

No thanks, I love to operate in my area of strength and competence.

Just like the others that borrows against his Financial Assets and uses the loans to invest in his business to payback in 180 days and below, but will never use the loan to buy shares rather he will use the profit made after liquidating his loans to buy additional shares.

There is a saying that it is difficult to teach an old dog a new trick.

There are investors that are only into real estate and are doing fine, there others who are only into Fixed Income investments and are also doing fine, there are others who are only into stocks and are also doing. There are also investors who combine everything.

You should have known that if an asset or investment does not generate cash flow, I can't deal.

That does not mean that people who invests in such assets won't make money.

According to Warren Buffett it is when the tides are down, that we will know those that have been swimming naked
My oga does it mean you do only dividend paying stocks each time you mention cash flow.How about if it is not dividend paying stocks but u are certain of price growth based on fundamental

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
My oga does it mean you do only dividend paying stocks each time you mention cash flow.How about if it is not dividend paying stocks but u are certain of price growth based on fundamental

Pension Fund Managers are only permitted by PENCOM to invest workers Retirement Savings Accounts into stocks that have been consistent with dividends for 5 years or thereabout, e get why

PENCOM can't allow them to gamble with workers funds

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2023
BullBearMkt:

...@emmanuelewumi is not a trader, it's not for him wink
grin grin grin grin grin

I dey trade ooo, I have sold half of my Dangote Sugar shares and bought FGN bonds at about 16% yield after making over 200% profit in less than a year

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EduC(m): 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I dey trade ooo, I have sold half of my Dangote Sugar shares and bought FGN bonds at about 16% yield after making over 200% profit in less than a year

Why did you do that when Dangsugar or Dangfoods can give you another 100% in the next 12 months?

Bond at 16% and MMF at 12% which is better knowing that MMF compounds and is redeemable within 24/48hrs?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
EduC:

Why did you do that when Dangsugar or Dangfoods can give you another 100% in the next 12 months?

Bond at 16% and MMF at 12% which is better knowing that MMF compounds and is redeemable within 24/48hrs?

Thanks

I still have 50% which is still substantial.

Concerning your question about bond and MMF , between truck and bus which is better.

The answer will be determined by functionality of what you need the vehicle for

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2023
I thought he said he is going to buy more of dangote sugar starting from first week of December.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Popson92: 6:43am On Dec 25, 2023
Thanks so much

KarlTom:
IMO

Not looking good (as usual with UB).
It gives a pointer to the state of the bank. Q4 2023 projection looked better than Q1 2024.
I believe that this report will oil the wheels of the proposed takeover.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 7:18am On Dec 25, 2023
Happy holiday to everyone. Can some of our gurus help with the best penny stocks to massively invest in, with great prospects for huge capital appreciation and decent dividend yield? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:33am On Dec 25, 2023
sonofElElyon:
Happy holiday to everyone. Can some of our gurus help with the best penny stocks to massively invest in, with great prospects for huge capital appreciation and decent dividend yield? Thanks

There is a paid service rendered by one of us on NSEMPA. I think you should get across to him, if you don't want to go the long route of learning how to fish.

If you frequent this thread, you should be able to pick some ideas on what to buy and sell

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:25am On Dec 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

There is a paid service rendered by one of us on NSEMPA. I think you should get across to him, if you don't want to go the long route of learning how to fish.

If you frequent this thread, you should be able to pick some ideas on what to buy and sell
Lol,na mmm.huge capital appreciation na watin him want.Those that can time the market will help him out
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ibrahim505(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2023
sonofElElyon:
Jaizbank is consolidating for months. You can do your due diligence for possible entry as it's about to explodes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 10:30am On Dec 25, 2023
sonofElElyon:

Speak to God and let the holy spirit direct you on this. That's the only sure way. Spiritual Analysis should do.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:31am On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas 🎄 EVERYONE

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:33am On Dec 25, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Lol,na mmm.huge capital appreciation na watin him want.Those that can time the market will help him out

I find it funny that people want to make easy money but they are not ready to spend.

You will spend money, time and energy.

Asking for handouts will backfire.

Reason why monkey hunters and scammers will always be in business

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:34am On Dec 25, 2023
vacanci:

Speak to God and let the holy spirit direct you on this. That's the only sure way. Spiritual Analysis should do.

No be everybody dey spiritual
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ojoboak(m): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas 🎅 to this wonderful family. May the joy that the celebration brought, be multiply severally in your life and those of your loved ones.
To those not celebrating , I wish you happy holidays.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2023
vacanci:

Must you comment?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Even the bible says "in the multitude of counsel, there is safety". Proverbs 11:14.

Hello sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2023
Ibrahim505:

Jaizbank is consolidating for months. You can do your due diligence for possible entry as it's about to explodes.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
"Finance is overwhelmingly taught as a math-based field, where you put data into a formula and the formula tells you what to do, and it is assumed that you'll just go do it" Morgan Housel (The Psychology of Money). To make 2024 a successful year in your investment journey, you can buy the book or download the free ebook for timeless lessons on wealth, greed and happiness.

Merry Christmas folks

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olaremint(m): 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2023
Please house , how much is a commission a broker is expected to charge for fees,
I use cardinal stone for my transaction, wanted to dispose some shares and the profit was just 16k.
The commission was about 9k and I was shocked that commission should be higher than my own profit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2023
olaremint:
Please house , how much is a commission a broker is expected to charge for fees,
I use cardinal stone for my transaction, wanted to dispose some shares and the profit was just 16k.
The commission was about 9k and I was shocked that commission should be higher than my own profit.

They charge on the sale amount not on your profit. The higher the number of stocks you sell the more they charge. Meristem charges 1.35% excluding other charges, sec fee stamp duty etc
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
olaremint:

Commission is not calculated on profits or losses but on the entire transaction amount.

Commission is generally about 1.5% of the total sales proceeds or purchase costs but there's also a VAT on the commission, CSCS fees, SEC fees and contract stamp. All these will bring the transaction cost to about 2% irrespective of profit or loss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
Christmas day is over 70% gone.

This is the best time to buy chickens at a reduced entry price.

Bargain hunters take note.

Due diligence pls

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2023
unite4real:
Christmas day is over 70% gone.

This is the best time to buy chickens at a reduced entry price.

Bargain hunters take note.

Due diligence pls
My broda, you cannot be too sure. the market has a mind of its own oh. No one can predict. Lets just wait for TA people to tell us what the charts are saying about xmas chicken. Lol

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Even spiritual analysis takes...
money ..time and energy...
U will fast ...pray ...sow seed...
and be patient for the spirit to lead you.. cheesy grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7417) (7418) (7419) (7420) (7421) (7422) (7423) ... (7745) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dammybrite, Mfunkynation(m), Ghost01(m), chimex38, Payunsin, KarlTom, drotba(m), ositadima1(m), Emndy(m), Adinije(f), sophy17(m), ProphetUtuocha, Emumakpo, mails4funshi(m), KayOn1 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.