Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10867295 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7487) (7488) (7489) (7490) (7491) (7492) (7493) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:48pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:

Politicians will rather buy real estate instead of stocks or starting a business.

Easier to hide ill gotten wealth by buying real estate
why did you say that.How about if they are buying shares via proxy and different vehicles not linked directly to them.We have see individual claiming majority share holders via baxk doors in companies

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:20pm On Jan 16
All Shares Index closed at 87,971. It only needs to increase by 3% to get to 90,000.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:24pm On Jan 16
Streetinvestor2:
why did you say that.How about if they are buying shares via proxy and different vehicles not linked directly to them.We have see individual claiming majority share holders via baxk doors in companies

Politicians and corrupt civil servants will always prefer to hide their loots in real estate. It is a better vehicle for money laundering.

Have you seen yahoo boys, kidnappers, armed robbers, drug dealers, bandits etc investing their ill gotten wealth in financial assets like shares, bonds, mutual funds, they will rather invest in real estate or keep the cash at home.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 9:35pm On Jan 16
Selling gtco to buy access after last earning season must have been one of the best portfolio rebalancing I have done. Sitting on additional profit I would have lost had this bull season caught up with me in gtco. Dividend yield is better too.

For all the senior men and bros wey de give better update for this thread, una wehdone. May your pot of knowledge and wisdom never run dry.

@currentprice, no deactivate like oracle do o. I don't follow you enter that crypto thread. After here, we muuve to the bull season for that side grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Akpaamunsi: 9:44pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:

What are you going to do with your loot, people who sold Dangote Sugar at N60 came back to buyback at over N70.

Fundamentally, UBA is still going places. N45 is more like it for UBA and N60 for GTB and Zenith Bank

Lol, I will wait till financial results are declared by end of January and see if there is a major pullback, for now that capital and profit will go and chill at Paramount equity fund freezer.
Some of us who are growing old are no longer very risk tolerant

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:05pm On Jan 16
grin
debeey87:
Selling gtco to buy access after last earning season must have been one of the best portfolio rebalancing I have done. Sitting on additional profit I would have lost had this bull season caught up with me in gtco. Dividend yield is better too.

For all the senior men and bros wey de give better update for this thread, una wehdone. May your pot of knowledge and wisdom never run dry.

@currentprice, no deactivate like oracle do o. I don't follow you enter that crypto thread. After here, we muuve to the bull season for that side grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:06pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:
All Shares Index closed at 87,971. It only needs to increase by 3% to get to 90,000.

Thanks for this update
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:20pm On Jan 16
Still looking for cheap banking stock to buy, consider StanbicIBTC and thank me later. grin

However, massive correction might begin end of the month as majority of the stocks are crazily overbought.

Stay on guard!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 10:24pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:

Very few stocks are liquid on NASD.

Afriland Properties

Niger Delta Exploration

CSCS

Friesland Wamco

Good evening sir.

Trust you had a great day.
Please could you be so kind to point me to a NASD thread? I'm curious to learn and know how it works. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:29pm On Jan 16
grin
Coolcash1:
Still looking for cheap banking stock to buy, consider StanbicIBTC and thank me later. grin

However, massive correction might begin end of the month as majority of the stocks are crazily overbought.

Stay on guard!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:31pm On Jan 16
Mpeace:
Seplat holders, its another 10% today. Up by 210. Tò 2310
Its slow but steady for us.

Yes ooooo... From #150+ grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:31pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:
All Shares Index closed at 87,971. It only needs to increa se by 3% to get to 90,000.
The target for the yr as you said may happen first quarter though you said it will retrace within the yr and likely finish at 90,000
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:39pm On Jan 16
megawealth01:

Yes ooooo... From #150+ grin
I missed this at 600.i was waiting for it to go back to 350..I believe alhaji will be like that in future...5 yrs in mind.I see alhaji food not going back below #100 again soon.It happened when I bought alhaji cement for #145 and okumu #50..It has never gone back to those prices.The dividend from them na watin sweet pass
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aimaft: 10:49pm On Jan 16
essentialone:
I don follow jump comot from WAPCO. I know it still has some good upside, but the can come to a sudden halt, and remain like that for months, just like Guinness and MRS.

No. You wrong

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 10:57pm On Jan 16
Ginalex:

Good evening sir.

Trust you had a great day.
Please could you be so kind to point me to a NASD thread? I'm curious to learn and know how it works. Thank you

The NASD platform is just like the NGX with quoted companies.

However, the market is not very active as the NGX.
Like oga Emma pointed out, just few companies are traded regularly. Most of the shareholders in NASD companies buy to hold. They are mostly owners. You hardly see traders there. Many of the deals you see in NASD are cross deals. Also not all stockbroking firms have the license to operate on NASD.

To participant in NASD market, you will need to open a NASD cscs account.
Note that all trades are through your stockbroker. No online trading platform for investors. It operates like the early days of the NSE where you have to send buy/sell orders to your broker by email to execute on your behalf.

If you are interested in opening a NASD account, you can come over to investment one stockbrokers. Get in touch to get account opening form.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 11:31pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:

Better to diversify into fixed income or Eurobond investment.

Forget all the land banking and speculative real estate investments.

If you must do real estate make sure it is commercial real estate and not residential, don't tie down more than 40% of your networth on it especially if your networth is less than N100 million.

My opinion though

But eurobond is about 6-8% interest per year which is not encouraging

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onuku: 1:10am On Jan 17
Please check your email

yMcy56:
NB and GUINNESS seems to have join this race..... grin

The kind funds entering NASCON ehhnn shocked
N2.45bn as at now....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wiseoldman: 2:39am On Jan 17
My people, I've booked in 90%+ in: Fudelity, ETI, Wapco, Access...

I'm trying to decide whether to wait, for dividen, or run with my kaya...

If only I could see the future...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 4:50am On Jan 17
megawealth01:

With whose signature?

I wouldn't know.
If with his Dad's signature, the name of the owner of the shares, ie the name used to buy the shares takes precedence over the signature. Irregular signature can be sorted out with physical visit to the Registrar's office. He will prove his identity and made to fill and sign his current, by extension, his actual signature.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 4:50am On Jan 17
It is one thing to see the future. It's another thing to be financially able to grab the future... wink

Wiseoldman:
My people, I've booked in 90%+ in: Fudelity, ETI, Wapco, Access...

I'm trying to decide whether to wait, for dividen, or run with my kaya...

If only I could see the future...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:27am On Jan 17
emmaodet:

But eurobond is about 6-8% interest per year which is not encouraging

Not bad when you consider currency devaluation.

Assuming Naira to dollar about 10 years ago was N300.

N1 million would buy $3330, growing by 5% would have grown to $5400 which is now equivalent to N7 million.

You also have an investment that is acceptable as collateral security.

I gave someone on this thread a contact at United Capital in the first week of December 2023 and was able to get a loan and account credited in less than 12 hours.interest rate at 20% per annum

He used the loan to buy Dangote Sugar shares at N57 it closed at N81 yesterday.

Assuming the loan was N1 million. He would have bought 17100 units, accumulated interest in the last 5 weeks is about 20k.

If he decides to sell today in order to liquidate the loan and interest, he would have sold for N1.35 million. After paying the principal of N1 million and interest of 20k, he would make a profit of 330k using other people's money.

Whereas the loan the investor got was far more than N1 million.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bizibi(m): 5:53am On Jan 17
emmanuelewumi:

Politicians will rather buy real estate instead of stocks or starting a business.

em dey buy shares oooo....fear em ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agbekoya(m): 6:26am On Jan 17
rockar:
I Use Trove. Trove sucks most of the time. Can anybody recommend the best trading app for Local and international stocks?

Trove has its challenges but I continue to patronize Trove alongside my two other stockbrokers because of a benefit it offers that the other two does not. On the Trove trading platform you can set limit for sales or buy mandates at very distant figures from current price level. For example while the market price was about N8 I set a sell mandate for UBA at N23 (about 200% up) and forgot about it just recently it hit target and boom which I did not anticipate will be so soon at the time I set the mandate With most other stockbrokers the maximum distance to current price is restricted to 10% differential. Not promoting Trove but presenting my experience, However the global market which is their flagship is something I don't use as I have far superior option that is not readily available to most Nigeirans

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:32am On Jan 17
emmanuelewumi:
Well done sir.
Oga Rabbi says it can easily do 100k, can't lay hands on the post now.
We see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 7:00am On Jan 17
agbekoya:

Trove has its challenges but I continue to patronize Trove alongside my two other stockbrokers because of a benefit it offers that the other two does not. On the Trove trading platform you can set limit for sales or buy mandates at very distant figures from current price level. For example while the market price was about N8 I set a sell mandate for UBA at N23 (about 300% up) and forgot about it just recently it hit target and boom which I did not anticipate will be so soon at the time I set the mandate With most other stockbrokers the maximum distance to current price is restricted to 10% differential. Not promoting Trove but presenting my experience, However the global market which is their flagship is something I don't use as I have far superior option that is not readily available to most Nigeirans

That will be 200% because I bought at similar price and just crossed 300% profit(though I wish I was heavy in it grin). That's a great feature from trove, in the past, same can also be done with meristem but it will be ignored until future when applicable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JustCryptos: 7:06am On Jan 17
Good morning guys and all the gurus in the house. I bought my first set of shares way back in 2008 when everything was still manual. I recently dabbled into equities and mutual funds about two months ago after taking an online course.

Assuming I have 1 million to spare. How would you advice I split it. My goal for investing is long term gains; 3 to 5 years or more.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by defebe: 7:07am On Jan 17
emmanuelewumi:

Not bad when you consider currency devaluation.

Assuming Naira to dollar about 10 years ago was N300.

N1 million would buy $3330, growing by 5% would have grown to $5400 which is now equivalent to N7 million.

You also have an investment that is acceptable as collateral security.

I gave someone on this thread a contact at United Capital in the first week of December 2023 and was able to get a loan and account credited in less than 12 hours.interest rate at 20% per annum

He used the loan to buy Dangote Sugar shares at N57 it closed at N81 yesterday.

Assuming the loan was N1 million. He would have bought 17100 units, accumulated interest in the last 5 weeks is about 20k.

If he decides to sell today in order to liquidate the loan and interest, he would have sold for N1.35 million. After paying the principal of N1 million and interest of 20k, he would make a profit of 330k using other people's money.

Whereas the loan the investor got was far more than N1 million.

Shey u no go give me you contact like this make me self borrow some money add to my portfolio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by defebe: 7:13am On Jan 17
agbekoya:

Trove has its challenges but I continue to patronize Trove alongside my two other stockbrokers because of a benefit it offers that the other two does not. On the Trove trading platform you can set limit for sales or buy mandates at very distant figures from current price level. For example while the market price was about N8 I set a sell mandate for UBA at N23 (about 300% up) and forgot about it just recently it hit target and boom which I did not anticipate will be so soon at the time I set the mandate With most other stockbrokers the maximum distance to current price is restricted to 10% differential. Not promoting Trove but presenting my experience, However the global market which is their flagship is something I don't use as I have far superior option that is not readily available to most Nigeirans

Hope you know with TROVE you don't have a CSCS account in your name. I used Trove till 2022, at a point I asked them for my CSCS details, the moment they said my investments are not tied to my individual CSCS account, I sold all the shares I had on the platform and moved to a real stockbroking firm..To credit me my funds took them 3 weeks after I initiated withdrawal, with serious mails and threat ooo.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:17am On Jan 17
defebe:
Shey u no go give me you contact like this make me self borrow some money add to my portfolio

Do you have fixed income investments or mutual funds domiciled with them?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otomatic(m): 7:43am On Jan 17
defebe:

Hope you know with TROVE you don't have a CSCS account in your name. I used Trove till 2022, at a point I asked them for my CSCS details, the moment they said my investments are not tied to my individual CSCS account, I sold all the shares I had on the platform and moved to a real stockbroking firm..To credit me my funds took them 3 weeks after I initiated withdrawal, with serious mails and threat ooo.

You can have a cscs in your name if you choose an individual account instead of custodial account during onboarding.
However, I prefer the regular brokers in order not to incur additional charges on transactions while going through the third party platforms.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 7:46am On Jan 17
emmanuelewumi:

Very few stocks are liquid on NASD.

Afriland Properties

Niger Delta Exploration

CSCS

Friesland Wamco

I made good profit from wamco sometime ago when they declared bonus... and the info was given here by someone... thanks to him whoever and wherever he is... let the house also keep tabs on NASD

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by femu(m): 7:51am On Jan 17
emmanuelewumi:

Some of the key stakeholders in wema bank are politicians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7487) (7488) (7489) (7490) (7491) (7492) (7493) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.