Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10851901 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7484) (7485) (7486) (7487) (7488) (7489) (7490) ... (7743) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:25pm On Jan 16
grin
unite4real:

i took a gamble last week. Sold all Dangote Sugar at N67.3 for the mere reason to go queue with the entire fund to buy NASCON at N55 when i realised that i could increase my holding if i did the conversion.

my bid was not successful that day to buy nascon. next day, i upped it, yet not successful. then on Friday i bought it at N59 which was still cheaper but not what i targetted. My equivalent holding of NAscon to dangote sugar increased from original figure actually

Now i don't know how stupid i would have felt if i had decided to wait till yesterday Monday to see if i could catch it at my target price.
This type of gamble is not advisable at all and i am so not gonna try it again. I didn't know what came over a PATIENT INVESTOR like me. Maybe na spiritual something but i overcame it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:27pm On Jan 16
9free:

Abeg, remain me when GTCO and Zenith touch N120 as that Oga wey no wan his holdings since 2007 predicted. You go be my sure plug for areas like Lekki, Maitama and Asokoro.
grin grin grin

GTB and Zenith Bank at N120, that can't happen in 2024

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16
Digitron:
Good Afternoon Gurus in the house.

I have some shares (Zenith, Fidelity and Wema) that was bought for me by my Dad in 2023.

Recently, I saw the shares certificate but I don't know how to go about it.

Please, how should I proceed?

Is your dad alive
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:30pm On Jan 16
veecovee:

I Love this.

If his eyes are opened for a second to see the everlasting purnishment for sexual immorities in hell Matthew 25:46, He'll cut off his ...

Pastor,I hope God will not count you as a sinner for mentioning his........penis

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:31pm On Jan 16
Ades1:

Until my dividends are not paid or the yield does not make sense, as long as my dividends getting paid, I'll continue to hold. I pray prices crash so that my dividends can buy more...

Only time I'll sell anything is if there are better opportunities elsewhere

The dividend yield on some stocks will be less than 1%, wait till when results start coming out

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:33pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:

Better to diversify into fixed income or Eurobond investment.

Forget all the land banking and speculative real estate investments.

If you must do real estate make sure it is commercial real estate and not residential, don't tie down more than 40% of your networth on it especially if your networth is less than N100 million.

My opinion though

Your words here are always full of maturity and wisdom

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 2:37pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:

The dividend yield on some stocks will be less than 1%, wait till when results start coming out

Hahahahaha, sounds like Dangote sugar, I'll sell so fast it would look like I never owned it. Any stock in my portfolio that pays less than 6% is GONE, that is my own personal preference. Oh and that 6% is on the current price not yield on my cost.

No emotions when you're dealing with numbers

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OrgasmDonorxoxo: 2:41pm On Jan 16
biko men and women dem

how do you know when to jump out of a stock

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 2:43pm On Jan 16
yMcy56:

Good luck to him.

UBA sighted @33.50 as at now.......still moving........34!
The buyers are not from NSEMPA...

I will not be surprised if UBA gets to N50 this year. Everything looks set for this to happen once it upgrades it's final dividend to N3. Bringing total dividend to N3.50 grin.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 2:46pm On Jan 16
OrgasmDonorxoxo:
biko men and women dem

Jump out whenever you reach orgasm cheesy And I mean it. My strategy was to remove my capital and watch profit grow and you can sell down in bits. My wapco, ucap and some others are profit giving me dividends yearly while I watch the price appreciate. I also sell some if I need cash.

No let greed hold you o

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 2:46pm On Jan 16
Zagee:
It just feels like that $b UBA released on behalf of Afrexim just they enter this market today. What manner of prices are thesešŸ¤£

The last of shell onshore assets has finally been disbursed for $2.4b.
Sadly, our guy no buy am!

His hands are full. He still has a lot to deliver on

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 2:48pm On Jan 16
Ades1:

Hahahahaha, sounds like Dangote sugar, I'll sell so fast it would look like I never owned it. Any stock in my portfolio that pays less than 6% is GONE, that is my own personal preference. Oh and that 6% is on the current price not yield on my cost.

Investors with huge funds buying about 500k units of dangote sugar or those loading MTN, BUAFOODS and even the darling twin Transcorp are not expecting dividend even up to 5%.
They know what they are doing.

if you are targeting dividend, then you need to exit and look for dividend paying stocks.

very few companies will do 6% and above from my thoughts

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 2:48pm On Jan 16
OrgasmDonorxoxo:
biko men and women dem

When you have met your set target which should not be controlled or influenced by fear or greed.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:49pm On Jan 16
NB should do quick and choke Guinness...

Anything is possible
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 2:56pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:

What are you going to do with your loot, people who sold Dangote Sugar at N60 came back to buyback at over N70.

Fundamentally, UBA is still going places. N45 is more like it for UBA and N60 for GTB and Zenith Bank

Not far from the N50 I will not be surprised to see it reach this year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:58pm On Jan 16
Ades1:

Referring to a N100 stock that paid a dividend per share of 13k last year with the probability of increasing the dividend to 30k this year.

That will give a dividend yield of 0.3%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 2:58pm On Jan 16
Locotrader:

Pastor,I hope God will not count you as a sinner for mentioning his........penis
grin grin grin I know say you dey alcohol well well. Hope you no dey do those kind agba things
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 2:59pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:

Better to diversify into fixed income or Eurobond investment.

Forget all the land banking and speculative real estate investments

If you must do real estate make sure it is commercial real estate and not residential, don't tie down more than 40% of your networth on it especially if your networth is less than N100 million.

My opinion though

No tying down of money if yoi know what you are doing. Just like shares, buy off plan from reputable developers when no one is looking or at pre launch... they'll come begging you to sell in 18 - 24 months
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 3:01pm On Jan 16
Locotrader:

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 3:09pm On Jan 16
veecovee:

grin grin grin I know say you dey alcohol well well. Hope you no dey do those kind agba things

I no dey alcohol again.
Alcohol made me to cheat on my wife 3 good times.I have to quit it and also quit some friends.
Now I have a happy family and Christ our light and salvation.

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 3:10pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:

GTB and Zenith Bank at N120, that can't happen in 2024
Have faith even as little as a mustard seed.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 3:10pm On Jan 16
unite4real:

Investors with huge funds buying about 500k units of dangote sugar or those loading MTN, BUAFOODS and even the darling twin Transcorp are not expecting dividend even up to 5%.
They know what they are doing.

if you are targeting dividend, then you need to exit and look for dividend paying stocks.

very few companies will do 6% and above from my thoughts

That's the beauty of investing, those funds have their way of investing and I have mine. I'll wait for results, of all the stocks in the portfolio, the only stock I think will not pay 6% is Dangote sugar and when this happens, it will be sold.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 3:13pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:

Referring to a N100 stock that paid a dividend per share of 13k last year with the probability of increasing the dividend to 30k this year.

That will give a dividend yield of 0.3%

I don't own that stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 3:25pm On Jan 16
Locotrader:

I no dey alcohol again.
Alcohol made me to cheat on my wife 3 good times.I have to quit it and also quit some friends.
Now I have a happy family and Christ our light and salvation.
LOL grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bbbwings: 3:27pm On Jan 16
Booking profit is not for dangsugar. We ride till endtime

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:29pm On Jan 16
sonofElElyon:

No tying down of money if yoi know what you are doing. Just like shares, buy off plan from reputable developers when no one is looking or at pre launch... they'll come begging you to sell in 18 - 24 months

For how much and what is the expected annual rental income.

I have been trying to help my sister sell her property for the past 6 months now, no show.

She wanted to sell to buy equities since June 2023

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:42pm On Jan 16
Bbbwings:

That's usually the volume during bull market grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:43pm On Jan 16
Dangoteā€™s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off

https://dailytrust.com/after-refinery-take-off-dangotes-stocks-appreciate-by-n514bn/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Shalom428: 3:53pm On Jan 16
Shalom428:
Nigeria stocks are ridiculously cheap. Long term investors that have holding power and are patient will be massively rewarded when the Nigeria economy finds its balance.

All I see is opportunities.

Shalom
Opportunities still abound

Follow The Money
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yoast: 3:54pm On Jan 16
Bbbwings:
Supported. Moreover, DS is just starting it's own bull
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 3:56pm On Jan 16
Bbbwings:

Okay o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 3:57pm On Jan 16
What a trading day!! grin

Oga RabbiDoracle where are you?
Your predicted +10 10% dey happen for market ooo
52 weeks high begat 52 weeks high!
+10% plenty today smiley

78 gainers and 10 losers!
Dang stocks don scatter the ASI grin

Chai!! No one has taken up intendy's work since he vex commot...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7484) (7485) (7486) (7487) (7488) (7489) (7490) ... (7743) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Picky1, drotba(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.