Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10949005 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7544) (7545) (7546) (7547) (7548) (7549) (7550) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 11:23am On Jan 30
stcool:

The news of Dangote importing Crude oil is negative for the Naira. Some even believe he may actually be importing fuel along side crude in disguise. Recall PMB gave him an importation license prior to his exit.

The hope of Naira having some ease may be far fetched with this news and if the trend of devaluation continious, customers will default to banks. Thats a whole new level of write-off coming to the bank books.

Its not looking good for the Nigeria economy at the moment.

Bleak outlook. Hope things change
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LILBIMS: 11:23am On Jan 30
Will be waiting
KarlTom:
I will drop a metric cum analysis on this...

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 11:24am On Jan 30
LILBIMS:
omo TRanscorp dey show me pepper likewise Jaiz bank, but I believe Transcorp is a very good hold for the long term because of its power generating section, transcorp generates more power than Geregu and look at Geregu's price per share, I'm open to discussion on this topic tho

Hmmmm... be your own motivational speaker grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:29am On Jan 30
BullBearMkt:

You've introduced another aspect into the discussion, which is valid. Nevertheless, the cost of $5/barrel, up to a maximum of 3 million barrels on a vessel, is substantial. That apart, ensuring an uninterrupted supply of crude oil is of equal significance
grin grin grin grin grin

What is the crude storage capacity for the refinery?

We are just making assumptions for Dangote. He has not stated why he his following such path. What is happening to transparency in this country. Such transactions should not have the driver reasons opaque.

This kind paths often open the gate to new kinds of corruption shocked.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 11:30am On Jan 30
Despite the beautiful results, Wema is almost on full offer! Wetin happen?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:31am On Jan 30
Toluway:
DANGOTE REFINERY SET TO IMPORT CRUDE OIL FROM U.S.

There is no problem though. Nigerian companies have actually been supplying the product to Dangote Refinery, but they couldn't meet up with the required quantity.
This is simply due to the fact that they had already entered into contracts to surply other companies before the emergence of DanRefinery and what they had remaining was not enough for the Refinery and Dangote has to make up for the short fall by importing from U.S.

Then it should be a temporary thing that should not last more than a few months. And not become a new avenue for corruption.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 11:33am On Jan 30
SonofElElyonRet:

Bleak outlook. Hope things change

We do not have a serious and sincere govt. This is a company that NNPC and the CBN supported with the county resources.

Dangote will make a business decision, so long as it favours him. If what him an BUA is battling in the cement industry does not teach anyone a lesson, then we are not ready.

For me, I do not think Dangote is ready to produce fuel until 2025. We can do all the media brouhaha...but reality will always come knocking!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:49am On Jan 30
Accumulation taking place in OANDO.

In less than 2 hrs of market opening N409 million has been traded. More offers still coming in below N14.00. Current price right now on the floor is around N13.80 grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bizibi(m): 11:58am On Jan 30
stcool:

We do not have a serious and sincere govt. This is a company that NNPC and the CBN supported with the county resources.

Dangote will make a business decision, so long as it favours him. If what him an BUA is battling in the cement industry does not teach anyone a lesson, then we are not ready.

For me, I do not think Dangote is ready to produce fuel until 2025. We can do all the media brouhaha...but reality will always come knocking!
as far as I am concerned dangote refinery is for international market, people should be more focused on the port Harcourt refinery. Infact we need more modular refinery for domestic demand.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 12:01pm On Jan 30
From what an investment banker anlaysed for me....If you are in profit, it may be best to take profit and wait to reposition when the dust settles. If you are playing long term or targetting dividend then its okay, but forget JIJO for now.

We may begin to see good results and more sell positions.

A word is enough for the wise!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 12:03pm On Jan 30
LILBIMS:
omo TRanscorp dey show me pepper likewise Jaiz bank, but I believe Transcorp is a very good hold for the long term because of its power generating section, transcorp generates more power than Geregu and look at Geregu's price per share, I'm open to discussion on this topic tho

Geregu outstanding shares is 2.5B units. Transcorp is over 41B units.

Did you also look at that?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 12:03pm On Jan 30
Bizibi:
as far as I am concerned dangote refinery is for international market, people should be more focused on the port Harcourt refinery. Infact we need more modular refinery for domestic demand.

The govt has no business running refinery. We missed it when the sale of those Refinery was reversed. I expect BAT to sell off those Refineries to serious pivate sector investors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bizibi(m): 12:10pm On Jan 30
stcool:

The govt has no business running refinery. We missed it when the sale of those Refinery was reversed. I expect BAT to sell of those Refineries to serious pivate sector investors.
the problem is getting a potential buyer to buy those scraps. They need to lower the price on them because I saw the price on pH refinery and I told myself I will take extra effort to make an investor to cough out 500m Dollar for that refinery now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 12:15pm On Jan 30
Bizibi:
the problem is getting a potential buyer to buy those scraps. They need to lower the price on them because I saw the price on pH refinery and I told myself I will take extra effort to make an investor to cough out 500m Dollar for that refinery now.

Couple with fact that $500M during GEJ era is not the same value in Naira now grin grin grin

The govt. needs to tackle this Naira issue. I dont care how fantastic your policies are, if you cant stabilize the Naira, forget it.

Nigerians too are not helping, people are now, pulling out of investments and holding the $ as an investment channel. Do you blame them?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 12:15pm On Jan 30
BabsO2:
Accumulation taking place in OANDO.

In less than 2 hrs of market opening N409 million has been traded. More offers still coming in below N14.00. Current price right now on the floor is around N13.80 grin

I don enter the bus.. make e carry me go el dorado
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by babytoun: 12:26pm On Jan 30
stcool:

Couple with fact that $500M during GEJ era is not the same value in Naira now grin grin grin

The govt. needs to tackle this Naira issue. I dont care how fantastic your policies are, if you cant stabilize the Naira, forget it.

Nigerians too are not helping, people are now, pulling out of investments and holding the $ as an investment channel. Do you blame them?

Functions of money :

store of value, unit of account, and medium of exchange

When people keep losing value for doing nothing wrong , they will take action

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akpumpy: 12:26pm On Jan 30
[quote author=emmanuelewumi post=128194054]

They have always paid dividends between June and July.

Please what time of the year does ZENITH Bank pays dividends?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:38pm On Jan 30
[quote author=akpumpy post=128199274][/quote]

They pay as early as First Week in April. Or if late due to delays in approval of audited statements by CBN, It will be May.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akpumpy: 12:40pm On Jan 30
Hello house,
Please I need information on when Zenith Bank will pay dividends in this yr 2024.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by akpumpy: 12:41pm On Jan 30
Thank you
BabsO2:

They pay as early as First Week in April. Or if late due to delays in approval of audited statements by CBN, It will be May.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:01pm On Jan 30
Wetin happen for market today? shocked
Oga Agba come explain where you carry this bear come from ooo
....but some are also still observed to be cherry picking sha....it's well o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:05pm On Jan 30
OandO has come back to roost... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:06pm On Jan 30
In as much as JAPAUL wan lift body, sell pressure no gree because of the general bearishness in market ......

NASCON/SUGAR: Some bargain entries for some of us.....

OANDO: Opened on day's high, 15.15, just for the pressure to send it down to negative, another time is coming..... today's bear won't make us give up.... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Care4: 1:10pm On Jan 30
Bizibi:

There are buyers, but their bids will be ridiculous.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BenNigeria: 1:12pm On Jan 30
The financial sector is going down like fire while the naira depreciation keep running
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:14pm On Jan 30
LILBIMS:
You need to ask yourself why you bought in the first place.......
TRANSCORP is good but I think what may be causing the issue with it for now is their dividend history, since this is earning season......
TRANSCORP is not so generous with dividends but special news has always been it's strength.
**Modified: Ok I understood the red is due to Naira devaluation**

I sense some people must have triggered this red in the market due to their over analysis and analysis-paralysis, most of the results that have come out so far are good, so I don't know why this bear came today....

If we talk about the ASI, this has been mostly driven up by the activities in the SWOOTs and Big Cap stocks, they have stronger influence on the ASI.

We'll see how the coming days be like sha.
Funny enough, some of the SWOOT members haven't shed any weight officially! shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:16pm On Jan 30
yMcy56:
Wetin happen for market today? shocked
Oga Agba come explain where you carry this bear come from ooo
....but some are also still observed to be cherry picking sha....it's well o

Na normal thing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Olaide1295: 1:18pm On Jan 30
ositadima1:

I think politics is also a consideration in the choice of who to buy from. Why buy from the USA when the USA's WTI is not the cheapest? I think Russian crude is cheaper than the USA's WTI. There are other better sources too.

I am happy that soon there will be competition. By then, the market will be forced to overcome all these politics at the expense of the masses. undecided
Look at the map. Russia is too far and tankers will have to sail the cape of good hope. Logistics is too much.
One thing to be sure of. When private capital (not government o) makes decisions, they’ve considered all options and will likely chose what’s best for their business.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 1:28pm On Jan 30
yMcy56:
In as much as JAPAUL wan lift body, sell pressure no gree because of the general bearishness in market ......

NASCON/SUGAR: Some bargain entries for some of us.....

OANDO: Opened on day's high, 15.15, just for the pressure to send it down to negative, another time is coming..... today's bear won't make us give up.... smiley

The month of January is usually bearish.
But there are signs the market could be bullish in this first quarter.
My eyes on Oando, Intl Brew and Honeywell Flour

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pizapato(m): 1:29pm On Jan 30
yMcy56:

You need to ask yourself why you bought in the first place.......
TRANSCORP is good but I think what may be causing the issue with it for now is their dividend history, since this is earning season......
TRANSCORP is not so generous with dividends but special news has always been it's strength.

I sense some people must have triggered this red in the market due to their over analysis and analysis-paralysis, most of the results that have come out so far are good, so I don't know why this bear came today....

If we talk about the ASI, this has been mostly driven up by the activities in the SWOOTs and Big Cap stocks, they have stronger influence on the ASI.

We'll see how the coming days be like sha

The red in the market is sponsored by official devaluation of naira to ₦1,300+ in the I&E.

People are probably taking profits, which is they are likely shifting to dollar since black market rate is expected to move towards 1700-1800 by the end of Q1 or by Q2, and 2k by September when foreign students start a new session

If not for Dangote Foods, me self for just carry my money run cos as person dey make profit na so devaluation dey pinch am

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pizapato(m): 1:31pm On Jan 30
This new round of devaluation may also mean around round of losses for lots of company in the manufacturing sector.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 1:34pm On Jan 30

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7544) (7545) (7546) (7547) (7548) (7549) (7550) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nichee, UncleBone, otomatic(m), Princkez, drotba(m), vacanci, dammybrite, Ginalex(f), IPO2002, ositadima1(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.