Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10863843 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7545) (7546) (7547) (7548) (7549) (7550) (7551) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:36pm On Jan 30
mikeapollo:
The month of January is usually bearish.
But there are signs the market could be bullish in this first quarter.
My eyes on Oando, Intl Brew and Honeywell Flour
If not for a country where things no dey work self, is it supposed to cause this serious panic in market?

Anyway, from the little scan done generally in the market, I think the red we are seeing is not of bear yet....
* Na my amateur view be that*

Very insensitive govt!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 1:37pm On Jan 30

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:54pm On Jan 30
On top this red, AIRTEL is still on full bid @2,200......
No be juju be that.... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 1:54pm On Jan 30
pizapato:

The red in the market is sponsored by official devaluation of naira to ₦1,300+ in the I&E.

People are probably taking profits, which is they are likely shifting to dollar since black market rate is expected to move towards 1700-1800 by the end of Q1 or by Q2, and 2k by September when foreign students start a new session

If not for Dangote Foods, me self for just carry my money run cos as person dey make profit na so devaluation dey pinch am

WOW....Emilokan do this one!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 30
Olaide1295:

Look at the map. Russia is too far and tankers will have to sail the cape of good hope. Logistics is too much.
One thing to be sure of. When private capital (not government o) makes decisions, they’ve considered all options and will likely chose what’s best for their business.

Ships from Russia do not have to pass the Cape of Good Hope. Neither is Russia the only better choice. Angola is there, and there are many other better choices in the African continent alone.

And yes, Dangote Refinery will choose what is best for their business. That does not mean it is the best choice or best for the Nigerian people.

What logistics? I thought logistics were taken care of by the shipping company. Anyway, I am not an expert in this stuff, just expressing my common sense analysis.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:57pm On Jan 30
Devaluation and inflation in the country.

When you sell stocks and hold cash, your money will vanish within months and you will be asking, what did I do with money.......

When you sell stocks and buy dollar, you will not have rest of mind like oando shareholders because of uncertainty.

3 things are for me now because of devaluation.

To invest more money in my passive income(shares) because it is the right place to remain now to combat inflation.

To inject more more in my active businesses to take care of family needs.

To buy some portions of land from Japa people at bargain prices.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 1:59pm On Jan 30
Locotrader:

You sabi too much wink grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:03pm On Jan 30
This information is largely based on available data AND knowledge of the Power Industry.

1. Someone already mentioned the disparity in the % free float. This is an important metric.
2. The efficiency of Transcorp plants is poor and this is tantamount to losses (it’s synonymous to flying a plane at half rated capacity, you will spend same amount on fueling but revenue is halved).
3. We should realize that Transcorp Power is not standing alone so it does not give us a definite picture of their total revenue (= energy charge plus capacity charge).
4. The share price is NOT exclusively determined by institutional financials.

Finally, the market has a mind of its own... wink grin

LILBIMS:
omo TRanscorp dey show me pepper likewise Jaiz bank, but I believe Transcorp is a very good hold for the long term because of its power generating section, transcorp generates more power than Geregu and look at Geregu's price per share, I'm open to discussion on this topic tho

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:03pm On Jan 30
grin grin
SonofElElyonRet:

At 495 that sucks !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nosa2(m): 2:08pm On Jan 30
Please do you know any details of how dangote is going to sell his refined products?

I'm particularly interested in what currency he is selling in
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 2:09pm On Jan 30
Locotrader:

When you sell stocks and hold cash, your money will vanish within months and you will be asking, what did I do with money.......

When you sell stocks and buy dollar, you will not have rest of mind like oando shareholders because of uncertainty.

To invest more money in my passive income(shares) because it is the right place to remain now to combat inflation.

U buy dollars to invest in foreign shares....
Passive income in dollars ...
is the antidote to Naija hyper inflation cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:10pm On Jan 30
All these people running, if another news comes up tomorrow in favour of market, they start running back in.....

Even the Dollars they're rushing to go and buy, nothing is certain or lasts as much as the country is concerned......seems dey no get direction yet.

I think Equity, mutual funds and bonds are still places to be.........
Na my own I dey talk o. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 2:15pm On Jan 30
nosa2:
Please do you know any details of how dangote is going to sell his refined products?

Since Dangote Refinery is planning to buy crude oil from the USA, the most likely currency it will use to sell its refined oil products is the Dollar to reduce foreign exchange risk. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 2:16pm On Jan 30
mikeapollo:

The month of January is usually bearish.
But there are signs the market could be bullish in this first quarter.
My eyes on Oando, Intl Brew and Honeywell Flour
...it is not accurate to say, "The month of January is usually bearish, but rather, "The month of January can experience bearishness."
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 2:20pm On Jan 30
nosa2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/updated-fg-to-sell-oil-in-naira-to-15bn-dangote-refinery/ grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tpharell: 2:21pm On Jan 30
What a day!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Testimonies777(m): 2:28pm On Jan 30
waoh! Red everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 2:30pm On Jan 30
Locotrader:

10M Investment in holding the USD from 2015 till date and investing the same 10M into GTB in 2015 till date...what is the actual ROl.

I am using GTB, because if we use some other stocks, money enter bush wella grin

Land Investment is relative.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 2:31pm On Jan 30
It is not yet Valentine's Day. Why is there so much blood on the floor? Bear mode activated, Panic mode activated, or Profit taking mode activated?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:38pm On Jan 30
Dangcem don carry ASI up
Na Transcorpse go bring am down Lol
Zenith @25 February 29

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:48pm On Jan 30
Locotrader:

Baddest guy.

You Sabi wella

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:50pm On Jan 30
EKUU red MKT o

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:52pm On Jan 30
wink grin
essentialone:
It is not yet Valentine's Day. Why is there so much blood on the floor? Bear mode activated, Panic mode activated, or Profit taking mode activated?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:53pm On Jan 30
Market RED
Eyes RED
wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 2:55pm On Jan 30
currentprice:
EKUU red MKT o

grin grin grin

You done run too grin cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 2:57pm On Jan 30
Locotrader:

With way Nigerian politicians think, then it won't be a bad idea to add no.4 which is holding USD as part of investment strategy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:05pm On Jan 30
seyisanya:
I like the way you're so adamant with your market convictions despite the fact that people find it difficult to accept it. It's kinda funny when @CP made a declaration of bull weeks ago, his comment was bombarded with ''likes'' but the moment he returned with a different message from his ''bedsheet'', people no wan gree again. Indeed, nah serious no gree 4 anybody this 2024! Lol cheesy

Streetinvestor2:
I no gree with current price the last time.If you have be following him for long even when he and ogg no gree sometimes. You will realise his bed sheet has always been based on FA.Infact it is him who brought the word oxygen in this place if I am not wrong. His recommendations has strictly been FA driven after different quater results.
Then he comes last time to make post based on TA. Normally he would tell you to wait for final year results for things to be clearer which is why he went big on uba.
So it brings the question. What has changed in the FA he has been seeing on uba and sugar.Why TA now
IT was based on FA he no gree with ogg on IB

@streetinvestor2 my paddi how Market today.

you said bedsheet understand fundamental only cheesy my pple on forex trade thread will be smiling to your post. i play forex too and i trade forex base on 100% TA.

my stock pick use to be strongly based on FA but entering and exit market on FA & TA.

not that i seeing market crashing..... I believes mkt can not fall to those days prices again so who ever think of those prices will be on a long thing grin but holding stock against TA signal to see price dropping "pullback" like this is what bedsheet will not like , not a one/two stock investors like me when I lose I lose big vice versa shocked

if one get it right so buy more unit with grave robber loot when mkt stabilise always sweeter cheesy

grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 3:06pm On Jan 30
stcool:

With way Nigerian politicians think, then it won't be a bad idea to add no.4 which is holding USD as part of investment strategy.
The bears are here, nobody is talking stocks again....All i am seeing is Run and Divest to USD. grin grin grin Politicians don't buy and hold USD as an investment strategy, they hold USD because it is less bulky to store and easier to move around compared to the Naira equivalent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 3:10pm On Jan 30
Zagee:
For TAs:
Transcorp strong support zone now has gone from circa 5 to circa 7.
Update!

Zagee:

Uba has a 18 - 20 support range
Update

Yet again!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 3:26pm On Jan 30
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 3:31pm On Jan 30
We will be waiting for FUGAZ. Consider discounting de-evaluation gains. Watch out for Impairments.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 3:38pm On Jan 30
SonofElElyonRet:

I don enter the bus.. make e carry me go el dorado

Welcome to the party. By this time next week the bus will reach a major milestone. After which we may take off on the Oando jet grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7545) (7546) (7547) (7548) (7549) (7550) (7551) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.