Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10892449 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7612) (7613) (7614) (7615) (7616) (7617) (7618) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:12pm On Feb 25
Mpeace:
With the whole fx gains and constant devaluation, they ought to pay that much. But the CBN won't have any of that. But we expect improved dividend payout this season.

It can sell at N50 to N60

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:22pm On Feb 25
Assuming inflation of 15% in 2021, 20% in 2022 and 20% in 2023.

The inflation adjusted dividend of Zenith bank in

2021should be about N4.65k

2022 should be about N4.20k

2023 should be about N3.70k.

Doubt if they can pay N4.00 in 2024

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 3:35pm On Feb 25
thebargainhunte:
What we experienced all these months is stock repricing due to devaluation not bull. NGX has been on decline mood since 2014 due to excessive devaluation. Imagine someone that invested in zenith bank stock in January, 2020 and he left his investment since then till now, the person must have incurred loss due to devaluation. Zenith bank closed at #21.15 on 28/01/2020 and our exchange rate was #305.9 to a dollar on that day. For the investor to recoup his capital value now at #1500 to a dollar, zenith bank should be trading between #80-#103.Our stock market was better during the time of Obasanjo, we had the biggest market capitalisation during his regime, then followed by Good luck. I think NGX might have the best capitalisation in this present government if they could bring down dollar to #800. I see zenith bank between 80-100 from now to January 2026 grin grin grin Below image is graphical representation of NGX capitalisation in terms of dollar.

Putting things in perspective , even the value of the ngx and stocks can be referenced in fcy

Why is reference to dollars so important , simply because it’s the number one currency for global trade and exchange , the most convertible also , it could as well be shown in any other stable currency that is widely accepted like euro , pounds , yuan , yen , Swiss francs etc , they are all a somewhat stable medium of exchange , another way to look at it , is foreign exchange intstead of just usd

One of the reason we reference foreign exchange is because it affects our purchasing power and even wealth standings , the reason a bag of rice is 80/85k today is because of devaluation and inflation even compared to ordinary cfa franc of benin Republic where a lot of rice is smuggled from . Why has prices of most goods and services gone up by 100 to 200 % since may last year since we only spend naira and references to foreign exchange is not important as some claim out of blissful ignorance ? .

If our individual revenues are static compared to devaluation and inflation , we are not in a good place . Even companies we follow on the nse constantly reference foreign exchange in there profit or loss reports , and most have increased prices of goods and services to reflect this increase in cost of fx .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 5:36pm On Feb 25
With 1b outstanding share for presco, less than one billion outstanding share for okomu but ellahlakes with less assets has 2 billion outstanding shares and still working on a right issue. don't you think this will affect her earning potentials going forward? Can someone pls shade more light on this.

Happy weekend everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 9:58pm On Feb 25
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 11:02pm On Feb 25

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:44pm On Feb 25
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iHaveMadeiT2: 5:24am On Feb 26
We will experience series of bull this year that will be triggered by Dangote (DF/Dangote refinery) Transcorp and Otedollar. Follow the money to avoid FOMO

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 6:29am On Feb 26
Oando has presented exceptional buying opportunity for savvy, value investors grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 7:19am On Feb 26
ProphetUtuocha:
Oando has presented exceptional buying opportunity for savvy, value investors grin
I bought at N13.80/N13.90. Think I'll just wait and see how things go.. Wale na one kind. Except there's positive rumour going round
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 9:37am On Feb 26
ProphetUtuocha:

You this ''Prophet'' must be careful not to mislead ''members of your congregation'' that still believe in your ''vision'' and ''prophecy''.
Always try and explain your coded messages or ''prophecies'' .
This Oando matter now, e get as e be.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:03am On Feb 26
iHaveMadeiT2:
We will experience series of bull this year that will be triggered by Dangote (DF/Dangote refinery) Transcorp and Otedollar. Follow the money to avoid FOMO

What does FOMO mean ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:05am On Feb 26
BabsO2:

What does FOMO mean ?
Fear Of Missing Out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 10:05am On Feb 26
BabsO2:

What does FOMO mean ?

Fear of Missing Out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:09am On Feb 26
What if OANDO goes back to below #10?

OANDO things dey long for explanations sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 10:12am On Feb 26
No ding today ni? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:14am On Feb 26
Dingggg grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:44am On Feb 26
Boshins:
No ding today ni? grin

The tone don change to dong grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 10:56am On Feb 26
Even in a generally bearish market, Oando has exhibited strong resilience.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:24am On Feb 26
Bargain hunters will feast... grin

megawealth01:
What if OANDO goes back to below #10?

OANDO things dey long for explanations sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:24am On Feb 26
shocked grin
Agbalowomeri:

The tone don change to dong grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:31am On Feb 26
NASCON
Some swift picks.... up to 66.......
* Ahead of Sugar intra-day.....so far

FBNH
@34.10!!
The offers looks suspicious, like they lined it up for Cross Deals before now.......just say make I no too forward.... smiley
Another N1.1bn don enter the stock....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 11:49am On Feb 26
yMcy56:
NASCON

FBNH
@34.10!!
The offers looks suspicious, like they lined it up for Cross Deals before now.......just say make I no too forward.... smiley

Na so FBNH want to overtake Zenith? na wa o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:50am On Feb 26
vacanci:
Na so FBNH want to overtake Zenith? na wa o
No be only ZENITH self, make GTCo dey get ready.....lol. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:34pm On Feb 26
A rally for DANGSUGAR imminent...

yMcy56:
NASCON

FBNH
@34.10!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 12:55pm On Feb 26
Between presco and MTN at less than 230, which one will you buy currently and why.

Your contribution will be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:18pm On Feb 26
yMcy56:
NASCON

FBNH
@34.10!!

That FBN eh... Na game of control dey happen sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:18pm On Feb 26
ProphetUtuocha:
Even in a generally bearish market, Oando has exhibited strong resilience.

Prophet Oando... Your spirit sha... Because of you may OANDO not disappoint sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:21pm On Feb 26
crownprince2017:
Between presco and MTN at less than 230, which one will you buy currently and why.

Your contribution will be highly appreciated.

I won't advise you based on any analysis but... I will suggest you get into MTN if you ever see it at below 200...

Of all my holdings... MTN has almost 15% of my portfolio and na for very long term...

I've been with MTN for years now

Note...

I don't have a single unit of PRESCO...

I only have OKOMU and ELLAHLAKES from that sector

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:23pm On Feb 26
KarlTom:
A rally for DANGSUGAR imminent...
Maybe after release of result things will be clearer....
Those guys are playing some games best known to them in the Market........but there are increased activities in the stock recently

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:24pm On Feb 26
crownprince2017:
Between presco and MTN at less than 230, which one will you buy currently and why
Me I'll go with MTNN
Reasons best known to me....
Sorry, I no go fit shalaye at the moment smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 1:34pm On Feb 26
It's like people are tired of waiting for d almighty DanFood to arrive!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7612) (7613) (7614) (7615) (7616) (7617) (7618) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Diyke4rich, emmasoft(m), Choiceguy and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.