Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10892172 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7613) (7614) (7615) (7616) (7617) (7618) (7619) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 1:48pm On Feb 26
Krisuba:
It's like people are tired of waiting for d almighty DanFood to arrive!!
Audited financial statement of DS and NASCON is just in the next 3 days. Dangfoods consumation/processing thereafter. Patience is key.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 1:51pm On Feb 26
Meanwhile DangCement releasing their esteem clients in tranches grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:16pm On Feb 26
Almost there... grin wink

Krisuba:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 2:23pm On Feb 26
[quote author=KarlTom post=128656162]Almost there... grin wink

Hmmm. Already sign my warrant in it. Let it come with whatever it has.!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 3:00pm On Feb 26
NASCON finishing above DANGSUGAR... wink
FBNH trying effortlessly to take FIRST position... grin

Interesting Times Indeed...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by USAfall2024: 3:00pm On Feb 26
Nascon (#66.00) closed 10% higher than DanSugar (#60.00) today shocked. Is there any change with the merger scheme? Everything looks uncertain at this point.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 3:09pm On Feb 26
USAfall2024:
Nascon (#66.00) closed 10% higher than DanSugar (#60.00) today shocked. Is there any change with the merger scheme? Everything looks uncertain at this point.

all because someone made a panic purchase of Nascon today. That's what i can deduce. probably an insider information
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by USAfall2024: 3:18pm On Feb 26
vacanci:

all because someone made a panic purchase of Nascon today. That's what i can deduce. probably an insider information

If that's the case, then Nascon will be on full offer tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 3:18pm On Feb 26
DANGSUGAR has been trading for below its last price for days wink
I will go with your latter presumption though grin

vacanci:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 4:39pm On Feb 26
USAfall2024:
I think market reactions has to do with their results.....

Fantastic result is expected from NASCON..
If you check thru the Q3 result, it seems SALT made the revenue of the whole 2022 in Q3 already; Q4 will send the revenue high up.....
* Just saying this offhand, may not be accurate, e don tey wey I scan thru the result.... grin

As for SUGAR, FX loss will impact on the result...

But Overall, both will be fine in the short/medium to long run......Merger news will take care of whatever difference that may be btw them.
I think opportunity is just presenting itself to those who are yet to enter the bus.
*My personal opinion*

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 4:47pm On Feb 26
megawealth01:
That FBN eh... Na game of control dey happen sha
No be small thing..... grin
FBNH closed @34!
ZENITH: @35.30
GTCO: @39.50

Elephant trying to teach ZEE some lessons on how to be a leader, it's not by carrying most capitalized banking stock for head alone.... smiley
* I guess we should be expecting better dividend from FBNH as well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:09pm On Feb 26
yMcy56:

No be small thing..... grin
FBNH closed @34!
ZENITH: @35.30
GTCO: @39.50

Elephant trying to teach ZEE some lessons on how to be a leader, it's not by carrying most capitalized banking stock for head alone.... smiley
* I guess we should be expecting better dividend from FBNH as well.

With OTEDOLA on board na jaye jaye things... He likes life so enjoyment go brekete... Since he won't be able to just suddenly make FBN a private entity so the enjoyment suppose last wella

Not any form of recommendation pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:12pm On Feb 26
ndept:
Audited financial statement of DS and NASCON is just in the next 3 days. Dangfoods consumation/processing thereafter. Patience is key.

We are watching...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 5:36pm On Feb 26

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26
essentialone:
17 MOST PENNY STOCKS, PRESENTLY IN THE NIGERIAN STOCK MARKET

(Which ones among them, have the fundamentals, or sentiments, to rally to above 500% in 2024?)

Associated Bus Company
Daar Communications
Deap Capital Management & Trust
Guinea Insurance
Juli Plc
Mutual Benefits Assurance
Secure Electronic Technology
Omatek Ventures
Prestige Assurance Company
Regency Alliance Insurance
Royal Exchange
RT Briscoe
Sovereign Trust Insurance
Tantalizers Plc
Universal Insurance Company
Veritas Kapital Assurance Plc
Wapic Insurance

Without so many people noticing, Ticker: Juli Plc, has been making an uptrend and what caught stock analysts’ attention is that the supposed cheap stock is getting expensive already. Food/Drug retailer Juli Plc has been capping gain of about 10%, up from N1.22 to N2.57. In the last seven trading sessions, it sustained positive price movement despite highs and lows moment in the local bourse.
Who owns the company? Wema Bank is a major investor in Juli Pharmacy, controlling 30% of the company’s shareholding. It is followed by that of Prince Julius Adelusi-Adeluyi, OFR, mni, who controls 28.63% of the company, while Midas Investment & Property Limited own 8.53% of the company.
It is currently trading through an alternative securities market, meaning that Juli Pharmacy has strong growth potential and could be moved to the NGX growth board based on performance. After its price re-rating, Juli Pharmacy’s market value has increased to about N426 million with shares outstanding of about 200 million. The pharmaceutical company’s turnover grew to N288.777 million in 2023, according to its regulatory filing. This represents an increase of 13.64% year on year when compared with N254.1 million revenue posted in 2022. Its gross profit settled at about N96 million in the period, which was 8.5% above N88.461 million in 2022. A fast increase in costs of sales dragged the company’s profit margin lower in 2023, its financial statement posted on the Nigerian Exchange showed. Juli Plc’s gross profit margin declined to 33.21% in 2023 from 35% in 2022 as costs of sales accelerated faster than revenue growth. The company ended the year with more than N6.7 million loss after tax, which happened to be an improvement from a post-tax loss of N11.068 million 12 months earlier. A deep dive into the company’s numbers showed that management efforts at reducing overhead have not started to pay off. Operating expenses remain a bigger drain to healthy bottom-line performance.
In 2023, the company’s operating expenses surged by 3% to N102.6 million from N99.529 million in 2022. The Company was incorporated on 14th September 1972 as a private limited liability Company under the name of Juli Pharmacy (Nigeria) Limited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:28pm On Feb 26
essentialone:

Without so many people noticing, Ticker: Juli Plc, has been making an uptrend and what caught stock analysts’ attention is that the supposed cheap stock is getting expensive already. Food/Drug retailer Juli Plc has been capping gain of about 10%, up from N1.22 to N2.57. In the last seven trading sessions, it sustained positive price movement despite highs and lows moment in the local bourse.
Who owns the company? Wema Bank is a major investor in Juli Pharmacy, controlling 30% of the company’s shareholding. It is followed by that of Prince Julius Adelusi-Adeluyi, OFR, mni, who controls 28.63% of the company, while Midas Investment & Property Limited own 8.53% of the company.
It is currently trading through an alternative securities market, meaning that Juli Pharmacy has strong growth potential and could be moved to the NGX growth board based on performance. After its price re-rating, Juli Pharmacy’s market value has increased to about N426 million with shares outstanding of about 200 million. The pharmaceutical company’s turnover grew to N288.777 million in 2023, according to its regulatory filing. This represents an increase of 13.64% year on year when compared with N254.1 million revenue posted in 2022. Its gross profit settled at about N96 million in the period, which was 8.5% above N88.461 million in 2022. A fast increase in costs of sales dragged the company’s profit margin lower in 2023, its financial statement posted on the Nigerian Exchange showed. Juli Plc’s gross profit margin declined to 33.21% in 2023 from 35% in 2022 as costs of sales accelerated faster than revenue growth. The company ended the year with more than N6.7 million loss after tax, which happened to be an improvement from a post-tax loss of N11.068 million 12 months earlier. A deep dive into the company’s numbers showed that management efforts at reducing overhead have not started to pay off. Operating expenses remain a bigger drain to healthy bottom-line performance.
In 2023, the company’s operating expenses surged by 3% to N102.6 million from N99.529 million in 2022. The Company was incorporated on 14th September 1972 as a private limited liability Company under the name of Juli Pharmacy (Nigeria) Limited.
Have you considered the problem of illiquidity of the stock?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:43pm On Feb 26
Boshins:
https://nairametrics.com/2024/02/26/fbnh-is-now-most-capitalized-banking-stock-in-nigeria-topples-gtco/

The review of the indexes done by the Nigerian Exchange Limited has seen some banking stocks, such as FBN Holdings, Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc, FCMB Group, and Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc, added to the Banking Index. In a corporate announcement from the exchange on Tuesday, the equities of Jaiz Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank and delisted Union Bank of Nigeria are exiting the Banking Index. Stanbic IBTC and FCMB Group were previously identified as other financial institutions.
Index rebalancing is the process of adjusting the composition of a market index, ensuring it’s reliable and relevant. Rebalancing can cause significant shifts in trading volumes, affecting stock prices, sector trends, and broader market sentiment.
The NGX’s indices are rebalanced on a semi-annual basis on the first business day in January and in July respectively. “Nigerian Exchange Limited has announced the results of its half-year market index review for the following indices – NGX 30; NGX Lotus Islamic; NGX Pension; NGX Pension Broad Index; Corporate Governance Index; Afrinvest Bank Value Index; Afrinvest Dividend Yield Index; Meristem Growth Index; Meristem Value Index; and the five Sectoral Indices of The Exchange – NGX Banking, NGX Insurance, NGX Industrial, NGX Consumer Goods and NGX Oil & Gas. “The review has led to the entry and exit of some companies from several indices which took effect at the opening of the market on Tuesday, 2 January 2024. Below are the incoming and exiting companies in the various indices,” part of the corporate notice read.
For the Insurance index, Universal Insurance Plc joined the index while International Energy Insurance Plc exited. The Pension index will be boosted by the addition of Transcorp Hotels Plc, Fidson Healthcare Plc, Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc and Conoil while PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc, Nascon Allied Industries Plc and Unilever Nigeria Plc are expected to exit.
NGX Lotus Islamic Index will witness the exit of Nestle Nigeria Plc. The Pension Broad Index will welcome Geregu Power Plc and say goodbye to Glaxo Smithkline Consumer Nigeria Plc. The likes of MTN Nigeria, Vitafoam, Stanbic IBTC Holdings and NPF microfinance bank plc will be added to the Afrinvest Div Yield Index while Dangote Sugar Refinery, FCMB Group, GSK and Cutix will exit the index. Meanwhile, the NGX closed with over N13tn gain for investors in the equity market in 2023. This gain nearly tripled the figure recorded in 2022, which stood at N5.619tn, after the market capitalisation closed at N27.915tn.
At the close of the year’s trading activities, investors on the local bourse had gained N13.003tn as the market capitalisation closed at N40.917tn. Similarly, the benchmark index of the exchange, the All-Share Index, had also appreciated. Its year-to-date gains stood at 45.90 per cent with the ASI at 74,773.77 points at the end of trading in 2023. This is a significant increase as the ASI had closed 2022 with YTD of 19.98 per cent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:45pm On Feb 26
Deadlytruth:

Have you considered the problem of illiquidity of the stock?

Despite the Pump and Dump scheme going on with Juli Plc, it has gained 336% increase this year 2024.

Best Company for this year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:47pm On Feb 26
Why were the equities of Jaiz Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank, and delisted Union Bank of Nigeria, exited from the Banking Index of the Nigerian Stock Market?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 8:08pm On Feb 26
CBN TO FREEZE BANK ACCOUNTS WITHOUT BOTH BVN AND NIN STARTING FROM 1ST APRIL 2024

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says it will freeze accounts without both a Bank Verification Number (BVN) and National Identification Number (NIN) from 1st April 2024. This is according to a Friday circular by the apex bank which instructed banks to place a “Post no Debit” restriction – which prevents customers from making withdrawals, transfers, or any other debits “for all existing Tier-1 accounts/wallets without BVN and NIN”. “Effective immediately, any unfunded account/wallet shall be placed on ‘Post No Debit or Credit’ until the new process is satisfied. Effective 1st March, 2024, all funded accounts or wallets shall be placed on ‘Post No Debit or Credit’ and no further transactions permitted,” the circular by the CBN Director of Payments System Management Department Chibuzo Efobi, and the Director of Financial Policy and Regulation Department Haruna Mustapha read in part. It also said all BVN and NIN attached to accounts/wallets must be electronically re-validated by 31st January, 2024,

According to the bank, a BVN and NIN verification will be “conducted shortly”, adding that the move is part of its efforts to promote financial system stability and strengthening of the Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures in financial institutions. The bank will also carry out a “comprehensive BVN and NIN audit shortly” and where breaches are identified, appropriate sanctions shall be applied. “The process for account opening shall commence by electronically retrieving BVN and NIN-related information from the NIBSS’ BVN and NIMC’s NIN databases and for same to become the primary information for onboarding of new customers, and all existing customer accounts/wallets for individuals with validated BVN shall be profiled in the NIBSS’ ICAD immediately and within 24hrs of opening accounts/wallets,” the CBN added. In cases where a potential customer does not have a BVN and NIN, the CBN advised the regulated financial institution to “commence the process of enrolling the individual onto the BVN database and be guided by the extant protocols issued by NIBSS”.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 9:36pm On Feb 26
Krisuba:

Hope deffered makes the heart sick... Proverbs 13:12
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:00am On Feb 27
Ding! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:05am On Feb 27
KarlTom:
Ding! grin

Dong
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:13am On Feb 27
What's happening with NASCON
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 10:20am On Feb 27
https://businessday.ng/news/article/foreign-investors-hit-brakes-on-nigeria-over-volatile-naira/

https://nairametrics.com/2024/02/22/nigerias-money-supply-hits-new-all-time-high-of-n93-72-trillion-in-january-2024/

I'm sure the market can take a further 20-30trillion from the flaoting cash. They should bring our stolen wealth to the stockmarket and stop looking for a way to change it to dollar and adding to the multi-dimensional inflation grin

This maze go long oo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:34am On Feb 27
BUAFOODS sighted at above 400 intra-day? shocked

I think Sugar/Salt is presenting a good opportunity for those who can wait and be patient.

We don dey talk this thing here now, when market is battering both, when it takes off, someone will now come out to ask if it's good for buy....
My ogas are there to answer, make dem count me out. grin

We don't even know the games those guys are playing again......na Siddon look we dey for now...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:04am On Feb 27
Like I said yesterday, same thing is currently happening with NASCON.
The MM are kings of the business of manipulation.
Raise the last price to maximum then commence trades of less than 100k units at 'full offer rate' grin
So far over 6million units of the almost 10million traded today have been at 64naira or below... wink

KarlTom:
DANGSUGAR has been trading for below its last price for days wink
I will go with your latter presumption though grin

The BUAFOODS game is an open challenge to DANGFOODS.
There's a gold mine here.
I am just skeptical about what the entry price of DANGFOODS will be... grin

yMcy56:
BUAFOODS sighted at above 400 intra-day? shocked

I think Sugar/Salt is presenting a good opportunity for those who can wait and be patient.

We don dey talk this thing here now, when market is battering both, when it took off, someone will now come out to ask if it's good for buy....
My ogas are there to answer, make dem count me out. grin

We don't even know the games those guys are playing again......na Siddon look we dey for now...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iHaveMadeiT2: 11:14am On Feb 27
KarlTom:
Like I said yesterday, same thing is currently happening with NASCON.
The MM are kings of the business of manipulation.
Raise the last price to maximum then commence trades of less than 100k units at 'full offer rate' grin
So far over 6million units of the almost 10million traded today have been at 64naira or below... wink

The BUAFOODS game is an open challenge to DANGFOODS.
There's a gold mine here.
I am just skeptical about what the entry price of DANGFOODS will be... grin

Our business this 2024 is not to do too much analysis. Rather it is to wash our hands and chop with the billionaires

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:30am On Feb 27
KarlTom:
What's happening with NASCON

GAME
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:34am On Feb 27
megawealth01:
GAME
Looks like one entity is offloading SUGAR and SALT....
Their motive is still unknown but with realities on ground, bargainers too are picking as he's dumping.....
Quite some cross deals as well...

We've witnessed this type of scenario before.....once they're done offloading, road go clear....
* One thing is that, if one big Oga needed it at a particular price, they'll find a way of dragging the stock to that junction in order to buy for him/her.

TRANSCORP too is getting lots of attention in the market....

** More cross deals in DANGSUGAR @60.05**

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 12:18pm On Feb 27
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40380_DANGOTE_SUGAR_REFINERY_PLC-_NOTICES_OF_BOARD_MEETING_(BM)_-_NOTICE_BOARD_MEETING_(BM)_FEBRUARY_2024.pdf

meeting postponed by 1 day
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seunfash16: 12:39pm On Feb 27
vacanci:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40380_DANGOTE_SUGAR_REFINERY_PLC-_NOTICES_OF_BOARD_MEETING_(BM)_-_NOTICE_BOARD_MEETING_(BM)_FEBRUARY_2024.pdf

meeting postponed by 1 day

(1) (2) (3) ... (7613) (7614) (7615) (7616) (7617) (7618) (7619) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ojesymsym and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.