Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,857 members, 7,813,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10856861 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7706) (7707) (7708) (7709) (7710) (7711) (7712) ... (7746) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 1:01pm On Apr 17
_*Exclusive;* Court Ruling on Oando to come up on *June 24* after hearing from all parties concerned today at FHC, Ikoyi_

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:03pm On Apr 17
ZikkyChops:
Court Ruling on Oando to come up on *June 24* after hearing from all parties concerned today at FHC, Ikoyi_
Thanks so much for this update.
Pls is it the final ruling now on June 24?
Also, what can you deduce or guess from the hearing from both parties? In favour of minority or the Company?
Hope I'm not asking for too much...lol

Everything looks planned out......since 2021
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 1:09pm On Apr 17
ZikkyChops:
_*Exclusive;* Court Ruling on Oando to come up on *June 24* after hearing from all parties concerned today at FHC, Ikoyi_
@ZikkyChops thank you so much
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 1:16pm On Apr 17
Were is FBNH result??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:16pm On Apr 17
ZENITH doing well in market today......
So much resilience......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:37pm On Apr 17
grin grin
Princkez:
Were is FBNH result??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 1:51pm On Apr 17
It has been a wonderful week so far with lots of stocks on offer at bargain prices. Unfortunately, many here missed out on bargain offers because their eyes were fixated on FUGAZ and other Cheerleading stocks that generate excitement grin grin grin. In the end, the pareto's principle of 80:20 still holds true because many have refused to look beyond their nose.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 2:08pm On Apr 17
yMcy56:

Thanks so much for this update.
Pls is it the final ruling now on June 24?
Also, what can you deduce or guess from the hearing from both parties? In favour of minority or the Company?
Hope I'm not asking for too much...lol

Everything looks planned out......since 2021

I think the court would strike out the case.
The court waited and gave opportunity to minority shareholders with contrary arguments that are opposed to the deal, to serve as a basis to throw out the case. Those seeking to delist do not have any mandate from the rest minority shareholders to do so on their behalf!
My advice: Load more Oando units if possible!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17
mikeapollo:

I think the court would strike out the case.
The court waited and gave opportunity to minority shareholders with contrary arguments that are opposed to the deal, to serve as a basis to throw out the case. Those seeking to delist do not have any mandate from the rest minority shareholders to do so on their behalf!
My advice: Load more Oando units if possible!
But we need to know the ruling the court wants to deliver before this conclusion. Remember there was an application by some other shareholders to be joined in the suit. Are you sure it is not ruling on that application?
In any case, Ibthink its safer to wit fornthe official communication on today's proceedings.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Choiceguy: 2:21pm On Apr 17
ZikkyChops:

Well done Sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:23pm On Apr 17
ZikkyChops:

EXPECTED... Oando is a dangerous gamble
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 2:23pm On Apr 17
Oando

Price pushed up to close at N11.90 minutes before market close.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 2:38pm On Apr 17
Mpeace:
But we need to know the ruling the court wants to deliver before this conclusion. Remember there was an application by some other shareholders to be joined in the suit. Are you sure it is not ruling on that application?
In any case, Ibthink its safer to wit fornthe official communication on today's proceedings.

The shareholders that applied to be joined in the suit are minority shareholders that are opposed to the delisting. Their action should serve as evidence to the court that those who were seeking for delisting of Oando do not have the mandate of all minority shareholders, and do not represent the interests of all the minority shareholders.

The loopholes/hurdles in the bid to delist Oando shares are quite obvious.
1. There are no records of any mandate by minority shareholders or minutes at AGM authorizing the delisting
2. You cannot ask for a delisting price of N7.07 when the shares are already selling at N10-N12 in the market
3. The SEC just recently rejected a similar move by another company (cannot recollect the name now), thereby paving the way as precedent to reject Oando as well.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 3:16pm On Apr 17
megawealth01:

EXPECTED... Oando is a dangerous gamble

We don enter already.. bought some more today... o dowo oluwa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 3:38pm On Apr 17
grin grin

SonofElElyonRet:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 4:06pm On Apr 17
mikeapollo:

The shareholders that applied to be joined in the suit are minority shareholders that are opposed to the delisting. Their action should serve as evidence to the court that those who were seeking for delisting of Oando do not have the mandate of all minority shareholders, and do not represent the interests of all the minority shareholders.

The loopholes/hurdles in the bid to delist Oando shares are quite obvious.
1. There are no records of any mandate by minority shareholders or minutes at AGM authorizing the delisting
2. You cannot ask for a delisting price of N7.07 when the shares are already selling at N10-N12 in the market
3. The SEC just recently rejected a similar move by another company (cannot recollect the name now), thereby paving the way as precedent to reject Oando as well.

Can't understand why WT still insists on delisting OANDO. After all the recent demonstration of opportunities for wealth growth offered by the market to individual billionaires. One would also think that he will want to help his uncle who is struggling to rebuild the economy by attracting investment anyway he can; even going out to ring the closing bell at the NYSE. WY definitely cannot help by delisting one of the largest indigenous oil companies in Nigeria at this time.

All he has to do is to play by the rules just like Dangote, Tony, Rabiu and others are doing. Dangote is now probably the one person that can single handedly determine the direction of the Nigerian economy. He got here through the stock market and demonstrating ability to run honest businesses. Through this he is able to raise $20b and build one of the largest oil refineries in the world. Today if he is to start another project worth $50b he will be able to raise the money. Imagine where Oando will be today it was run like the Dangote group.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:39pm On Apr 17
Raider76:

Can't understand why WT still insistd on delisting OANDO. After all the tremendous opportunities for wealth growth

Where did you get him saying he insists on delisting. He never said such at the last AGM in Nov 2022. Rather he bragged of how he has turned the company around for shareholders. And how things are poised for good.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17
BabsO2:
Oando

Price pushed up to close at N11.90 minutes before market close.

This last seconds bull(s) may be up to something. Make we watch wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 4:46pm On Apr 17
BabsO2:

This last seconds bull(s) may be up to something. Make we watch wink
You may be right because I saw a single purchase of 1m units immediately followed by another 500k units
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 4:50pm On Apr 17
grin
SonofElElyonRet:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 4:57pm On Apr 17
BabsO2:

Where did you get him saying he insists on delisting. He never said such at the last AGM in Nov 2022. Rather he bragged of how he has turned the company around for shareholders. And how things are poised for good.

Body language. Read all their company announcements on the court case. They always refer to their "Scheme of Arrangement.." what does that say?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 5:08pm On Apr 17
Raider76:

Body language. Read all their company announcements on the court case. They always refer to their "Scheme of Arrangement.." what does that say?

Make we dey watch the drama. Audited 2022 Results will soon be out with a fat loss and or negative shareholders fund followed by 2023 interim results that will suggest a turnaround (partial or full).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 5:18pm On Apr 17
BabsO2:

Make we dey watch the drama. Audited 2022 Results will soon be out with a fat loss and or negative shareholders fund followed by 2023 interim results that will suggest a turnaround (partial or full).
Calm with fingers crossed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 5:32pm On Apr 17
wink cheesy grin
sky2891:

Calm with fingers crossed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 8:23pm On Apr 17
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 9:27pm On Apr 17
Let it be 1 for 1 bonus oooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 6:09am On Apr 18
When others are raising money for operations,champions is planning to give bonus shares.
Enjoycorp una weldone.Looks like these people are well prepared for this business .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Snart303: 8:18am On Apr 18
Good day!
Although I took my time to read some of the earliest threads on stock trading dating back to 2013 I trad forex and crypto, my point being I have little idea how these things work and risk attached to them but we can’t call an idea knowledge can we? So I’d like to learn more from you guys experienced investors I see you’ve been supportive of newbies I hope I can as well get this very much needed guidance on how to get started and steps to follow to become a successful stock trader. Thanks guys 🙏

I’ll be in the look out for replies
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:05am On Apr 18
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TsarZed: 9:08am On Apr 18
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:09am On Apr 18
TsarZed:
PBT growth of 774%, interesting!

Let the rush begin !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:21am On Apr 18
TsarZed:
PBT growth of 774%, interesting!

Which growth o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7706) (7707) (7708) (7709) (7710) (7711) (7712) ... (7746) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Princkez, stepbystep1010, yMcy56(f) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.