Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10860920 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7709) (7710) (7711) (7712) (7713) (7714) (7715) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 4:48pm On Apr 18
Another lesson, well documented! Seems Ote$ is the only master for this NGX. Tony's power go soon behave like Notore... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 5:04pm On Apr 18
KarlTom:
This news coming from NASCON is distressing (to say the least).

Anyways, I am hoping the MM and Alhaji will not allow the price to crash beyond repair... sad

Definitely not a good one from Alhaji... grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 18
DeRuggedProf:

Crypto Mill abi? grin

Tomorrow fit red sha grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 5:06pm On Apr 18
sad Alhaji and I thought you were different cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by defebe: 5:11pm On Apr 18
Dangote, you do this one...BUA foods go just the laff
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:12pm On Apr 18
Ginalex:

You for save yourself stress by putting your money in champions or IEI.These 2 are sure bets in a short to medium term.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:17pm On Apr 18
Streetinvestor2:
watin I talk never happen
Loco you see am
Rice no dey exist

I don't joke with your red flags
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 5:18pm On Apr 18
defebe:
Dangote, you do this one...BUA foods go just the laff
I said this to myself while reflecting on this news😔
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 5:20pm On Apr 18
Streetinvestor2:
watin I talk never happen
Loco you see am
Rice no dey exist
U for talk since cry And some of us bought dip this week
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 5:21pm On Apr 18
Ginalex:

I ran away from the stock when I noticed Dangsugar CP. He didn't try on this at all , people will loss a lot of money here both newbie and ogs. Who knows whether this is a decoy for him to accumulate the shares at a cheaper rate. I know for sure that the merger will sail through, but it is not going to be now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by defebe: 5:22pm On Apr 18
OBAGADAFFI:
The suspension is due to the comments and recommendation of the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) centered around the current non-operational status of Dangote Rice Limited.

So the company has closed down yet they want to merge it with active business.
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Even at a better ratio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 5:27pm On Apr 18
Locotrader:

I don't joke with your red flags
This man na confirm Street man. Him fit be customstreet grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by defebe: 5:30pm On Apr 18
thebargainhunte:

I ran away from the stock when I noticed Dangsugar CP. He didn't try on this at all , people will loss a lot of money here both newbie and ogs. Who knows whether this is a decoy for him to accumulate the shares at a cheaper rate. I know for sure that the merger will sail through, but it is not going to be now.

Dangote has loss every trust vested on him...

Should have remained on the sideline when I sold with over 200 percent profit in December..That money for reach buy Muscle then

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TsarZed: 5:33pm On Apr 18
And now it joins the list

TsarZed:
Is DS & NS acquisition/merger still happening or it will join the long list of merger that never happens

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:36pm On Apr 18
thebargainhunte:

Merger was suspended and not cancelled.

They will present another merger proposal that will be acceptable to SEC

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by defebe: 5:37pm On Apr 18
iHaveMadeiT2:

DS that followed the banks to sink is no where to found as the banks rebound in price

This should be a reason for price drop experience in the past few weeks...DS job men ni sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 5:45pm On Apr 18
Abeg, what is the fair value for Dangsugar and NASCON biko. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 5:47pm On Apr 18
Locotrader:

You for save yourself stress by putting your money in champions or IEI.These 2 are sure bets in a short to medium term.
When i cautioned people to look beyond cheerleading stocks that generate excitement, i guess they will understand now....Why waste your time in DS/NS and co when lots of solid stocks are on offer?.....Those in OANDO are hereby advised to sleep with one eye open. grin grin grin

222Martins:
It has been a wonderful week so far with lots of stocks on offer at bargain prices. Unfortunately, many here missed out on bargain offers because their eyes were fixated on FUGAZ and other Cheerleading stocks that generate excitement grin grin grin. In the end, the pareto's principle of 80:20 still holds true because many have refused to look beyond their nose.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 5:53pm On Apr 18
222Martins:
When i cautioned people to look beyond cheerleading stocks that generate excitement, i guess they will understand now....Why waste your time in DS/NS and co when lots of solid stocks are on offer?.....Those in OANDO are hereby advised to sleep with one eye open. grin grin grin

Oando folks know what they signed up for. DS is feeling like a rug pull, but like it has been stated, it was SUSPENSION not cancellation. It will be hard to make it to the door, but everyman and him kettle.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 5:54pm On Apr 18
Locotrader:
Q1 result.

Watch IEI

A sure BET
I have been Loading enough IEI since Monday at 1.29 up until this afternoon, before one goodfella decided to swoop 500,000 units today at 1.51 grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 5:54pm On Apr 18
defebe:

Dangote has loss every trust vested on him...

Should have remained on the sideline when I sold with over 200 percent profit in December..That money for reach buy Muscle then

He won't go that way cos Alhaji is Forbes list conscious. He won't like to play with the trust investors have in him. Except he wants all his listed stocks to be taken as pure otilo. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 5:56pm On Apr 18
Adinije:

#12 but you have to wait for it more 40 years.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 5:57pm On Apr 18
Zagee:

Oando folks know what they signed up for. DS is feeling like a rug pull, but like it has been stated, it was SUSPENSION not cancellation. It will be hard to make it to the door, but everyman and him kettle.
Whether they unsuspend the SUSPENSION or cancel it entirely is not my cup of tea......All i want to do now is to mop up DS and NS at bottom prices. Let the fall begin!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 6:04pm On Apr 18
emmanuelewumi:

Merger was suspended and not cancelled.

They will present another merger proposal that will be acceptable to SEC

I know it is suspension and not cancellation but the CP has to mature before the merger will take place na.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 6:12pm On Apr 18
thebargainhunte:

#12 but you have to wait for it more 40 years.
There is no way NASCON will have fair value of 12

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 6:27pm On Apr 18
FVTPL or FVOCI? grin grin

Adinije:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 6:30pm On Apr 18
No Sir!

Commercial Papers are similar to every other credit facility. Are you saying that all the entities of BUA Foods were det free at the time of the merger? I doubt grin

thebargainhunte:

I know it is suspension and not cancellation but the CP has to mature before the merger will take place na.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 6:32pm On Apr 18
I'm waiting for a notification from DANGSUGAR... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18
1.Before I buy a Stock, it must align with my Investing goal

Also, I must be 100% convinced to buy the Stock based on my personal research

If I am not 100% convinced, I don't buy

Do you know why? I love my nights sleep. I can't be sleeping & also be thinking about the Stock Market

2.I am a very very patient person. I am a long term investor. All these short term stuffs, I don't do it

But I am planning on going into short term trades which I am taking my time to understand before diving in.

If a person earns 1million by trading a Stock in a very short period of time, it doesn't move me to do the same because I know where I am going & I know I will get there.

Once I get there, that's it. I am financially free.

3.I don't buy based on someone's recommendation. If a person recommends stocks, I do my own then decide if it's okay for me to invest.

I don't invest in what I don't see reason to invest in even if Warren Buffet sees reason to invest in that thing.

If I am not convinced personally, I don't invest. I need to be convinced myself so I know when to enter, how to enter and when to exit if need be.

4.Many have lost in stock Investing because they over diversify

How can someone invest a total amount of N100000 and buy 5 stocks with it

Why can't you just buy 1 or (2 stocks if need to be)

But no, you want to own shares in every company

My Portfolio is diversified & concentrated at the same time

I diversify but my total amount invested must Justify my wanting to diversify (if need be)

If you have invested in a great stock before, why are you Investing in another stock if that other Stock is still a good buy

There are no many great stocks, when you see one, go there aggressively

My policy is to concentrate holdings.

i try to avoid buying a little of this or that when I am not excited about the business or its price.

When I convinced as to attractiveness, I believe in buying worthwhile amount.

5.Another one is this, I can see my portfolio go down 20% - 30% and I won't shake a bit

I have seen my Nigerian Portfolio go down very very well. I have also seen it stagnant

But all these does not move me because I know my Investing goal & I know the Stocks I bought so I know how to act

6.Another thing is this,

I don’t pay attention to what people say about stocks.

Everyday there are millions of shares of Zenith bank traded.

That’s a lot of opinions.

If you talk to one person, you hear one thing…you talk to another, you hear different thing.

Noise & I are not FRIENDS

7.People in stocks tend to look at the price.

They let the price tell them how they should feel

You should look at the business just like you would look at a house you bought or a land you bought.

Price is what you pay, value is what you get

8.I will not sell my interest in businesses (stocks) where they are attractively priced just because some analysts thinks the quotations may go lower even though such forecasts are obviously going to be right some of the time.

I buy, hold & sell on my own conviction because I understand the industry I invested into & the company I bought.

9.Shareholders have too often behaved like sheep in this country and they got shorn.

I've encouraged the idea of shareholders behaving like owners.

Focusing on the price of a stock is not good because it really means that you think the stock market knows more than you do.

If the stock market knows more than you do, you shouldn’t be in stocks.

The stock market is there to serve you, not to instruct you.

10.A very important principle in investing is you don’t have to make it back the way you lost it.

It’s usually a mistake to try and make it back the way you lost it.

When you experience a loss in investing, it can be tempting to try to quickly recoup that loss by taking aggressive or speculative actions.

However,

Instead of fixating on recovering losses in the same manner they occurred, it's generally wiser to focus on making sound, well-reasoned investment decisions based on your overall financial goals, risk tolerance, and investment strategy.

In essence, this principle encourages investors to avoid chasing after quick, high-risk solutions to recover losses and, instead, to maintain a disciplined and strategic approach to investing that aligns with their long-term financial objectives.

This can help reduce the potential for further losses and contribute to more sustainable and prudent investment outcomes.

I will just stop here for now

Thank you 🙏

COPIED. I have learnt a lot from this.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hedgefunds: 7:48pm On Apr 18
Streetinvestor2:
14 sugar for imaginary rice.Way all those way dey post link give me,lol
I remain street investor

How did you know about this ahead...You should have informed the forum on the insider info.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:52pm On Apr 18
ProphetUtuocha:
My predictions for 2024:
- Oando will not delist. It will reposition and will appreciate by minimum 400% this year.
- Most banks, especially FUGAZE will outperform
- The Dangote stocks will underperform
- Many will pay school fees in the insurance sector
- Nigerian economy will start a crucial recovering process.
- Foreign investors will gradually return from 1st half of the year
- Nigeria's rating will go up as positive economic indicators ramp up.

Who remember this

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 8:22pm On Apr 18
essentialone:
1.Before I buy a Stock, it must align with my Investing goal

Also, I must be 100% convinced to buy the Stock based on my personal research

If I am not 100% convinced, I don't buy

Do you know why? I love my nights sleep. I can't be sleeping & also be thinking about the Stock Market

2.I , a very very patient person. I am a long term investor. All these short term stuffs, I don't do it

But I am planning on going into short term trades which I am taking my time to understand before diving in.

If a person earns 1million by trading a Stock in a very short period of time, it doesn't move me to do the same because I know where I am going & I know I will get there.

Once I get there, that's it. I am financially free.

3.I don't buy based on someone's recommendation. If a person recommends stocks, I do my own then decide if it's okay for me to invest.

I don't invest in what I don't see reason to invest in even if Warren Buffet sees reason to invest in that thing.

If I am not convinced personally, I don't invest. I need to be convinced myself so I know when to enter, how to enter and when to exit if need be.

4.Many have lost in stock Investing because they over diversify

How can someone invest a total amount of N100000 and buy 5 stocks with it

Why can't you just buy 1 or (2 stocks if need to be)

But no, you want to own shares in every company

My Portfolio is diversified & concentrated at the same time

I diversify but my total amount invested must Justify my wanting to diversify (if need be)

If you have invested in a great stock before, why are you Investing in another stock if that other Stock is still a good buy

There are no many great stocks, when you see one, go there aggressively

My policy is to concentrate holdings.

i try to avoid buying a little of this or that when I am not excited about the business or its price.

When I convinced as to attractiveness, I believe in buying worthwhile amount.

5.Another one is this, I can see my portfolio go down 20% - 30% and I won't shake a bit

I have seen my Nigerian Portfolio go down very very well. I have also seen it stagnant

But all these does not move me because I know my Investing goal & I know the Stocks I bought so I know how to act

6.Another thing is this,

I don’t pay attention to what people say about stocks.

Everyday there are millions of shares of Zenith bank traded.

That’s a lot of opinions.

If you talk to one person, you hear one thing…you talk to another, you hear different thing.

Noise & I are not FRIENDS

7.People in stocks tend to look at the price.

They let the price tell them how they should feel

You should look at the business just like you would look at a house you bought or a land you bought.

Price is what you pay, value is what you get

8.I will not sell my interest in businesses (stocks) where they are attractively priced just because some analysts thinks the quotations may go lower even though such forecasts are obviously going to be right some of the time.

I buy, hold & sell on my own conviction because I understand the industry I invested into & the company I bought.

9.Shareholders have too often behaved like sheep in this country and they got shorn.

I've encouraged the idea of shareholders behaving like owners.

Focusing on the price of a stock is not good because it really means that you think the stock market knows more than you do.

If the stock market knows more than you do, you shouldn’t be in stocks.

The stock market is there to serve you, not to instruct you.

10.A very important principle in investing is you don’t have to make it back the way you lost it.

It’s usually a mistake to try and make it back the way you lost it.

When you experience a loss in investing, it can be tempting to try to quickly recoup that loss by taking aggressive or speculative actions.

However,

Instead of fixating on recovering losses in the same manner they occurred, it's generally wiser to focus on making sound, well-reasoned investment decisions based on your overall financial goals, risk tolerance, and investment strategy.

In essence, this principle encourages investors to avoid chasing after quick, high-risk solutions to recover losses and, instead, to maintain a disciplined and strategic approach to investing that aligns with their long-term financial objectives.

This can help reduce the potential for further losses and contribute to more sustainable and prudent investment outcomes.

I will just stop here for now

Thank you 🙏

COPIED. I have learnt a lot from this.

The moment I read the bolded,I stopped reading.You wey everyone dey complain for for quick jump out in an earoplane of this and that.....
Do you know how many stocks you traded on in the last 6 months?
Does it mean na audio trading we dey see from you all these while?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7709) (7710) (7711) (7712) (7713) (7714) (7715) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri, Adinije(f), yMcy56(f) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.