Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10881347 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7721) (7722) (7723) (7724) (7725) (7726) (7727) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:55am On Apr 23
Dey play.

TOE once said he does not plan to list the POWER arm until around 2027... grin grin

Zagee:

Personally, a worst case scenario for me is, if they go private. They are not ready to liquidate as stated in their report.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:01pm On Apr 23
Accesscorp- Could it be that a major shareholder is exiting?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 12:04pm On Apr 23
DeRuggedProf:
One Great Grand story I am going to release here shortly will clear all doubts that indeed the market is not for everyone... grin grin grin
...market is for everyone - the Bulls, the Bears and the Pigs
grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:04pm On Apr 23
KarlTom:
Dey play.

TOE once said he does not plan to list the POWER arm until around 2027... grin grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 12:06pm On Apr 23
KarlTom:
I'm not a fan of lenghty reports but I will try and summarize.

Let me refer you to page 12 of the Annual Report, you'll find this paragraph:

"OML 56, OML 13 and OML 60-63 are currently the crude oil and
gas producing assets while Oando PLC engages in supply and
trading of crude, refined and unrefined petroleum products.
These entities account for 100% of Group revenue recognized
being N1,994 billion for the year ended 31 December 2022 (2021:
N804.8 billion)."

That's a revenue increase of 248%[/b]Good summary no doubt. In all of Oando's report, I am yet to see where Oando kept the money they realized from the sale of all their retail station to NNPC in October 2022 amounting to about 359 million dollars. Does anyone has a clue about this sale and where it is reported, or did the proceeds of the sale just disappeared?
Recall that in September, 2023, OandO Energy Resources (OER) bought [b]100%
of ENI's interest in Nigeria Agip Oil Company.
This transaction does several things:
1. It DOUBLES OER stake in OML 60-63 (formerly 20%, now 40%). OML 60-63 are the few OER assets that are currently in PRODUCTION stage.
2. Oando’s total reserves (based on 2021 reserves estimates) stand at 503.3MMboe and the transaction will deliver a 98% increase.
3. It grows Oando’s exploration asset portfolio through the acquisition of a 90% interest in OPL 282 and 48% interest in OPL 135.

I strongly believe that 2023 FY will be better... grin

Good summary/analysis no doubt. The highlight of the recently released 2022 report should have been centered around the sale of all oando retail outlet to NNPC at the cost of 359 million dollars around October 2022. But I am yet to see where the proceeds is reported in the AFS account. Does anyone know where the money was accounted for, or did it just disappeared?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 12:08pm On Apr 23
Oando offers now 11.7m from 12.6m some people still very much believe in iit despite the appalling result
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 12:15pm On Apr 23
KayOn1:
Accesscorp- Could it be that a major shareholder is exiting?
I was asking something like this yesterday
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:23pm On Apr 23
sterlingD:

I was asking something like this yesterday

No wahala, we dey. Will start buying again from Monday. Let's see how much further down it can go from now till then.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:30pm On Apr 23
The cost of sale is still a mystery... wink

ndept:
Good summary/analysis no doubt. The highlight of the recently released 2022 report should have been centered around the sale of all oando retail outlet to NNPC at the cost of 359 million dollars around October 2022. But I am yet to see where the proceeds is reported in the AFS account. Does anyone know where the money was accounted for, or did it just disappeared?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 12:40pm On Apr 23
KarlTom:
The cost of sale is still a mystery... wink

it was reported in NNPC's financial statement, though I can't laid my hand on it now.

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/energy/1576499-nnpc-acquires-oando-petrol-stations-jetty-pays-n14055-billion-ph-refinery-continues-test-run/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olaremint(m): 12:54pm On Apr 23
The people selling FCMB shares at 6.50k. Is it that they bought it at 2 naira or what? Me I am not understanding this shares thing again oo. Is it that people are selling at a loss or what
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 12:56pm On Apr 23
olaremint:
The people selling FCMB shares at 6.50k. Is it that they bought it at 2 naira or what? Me I am not understanding this shares thing again oo. Is it that people are selling at a loss or what
Lol, e be like say u bought at #12
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olaremint(m): 12:59pm On Apr 23
Tomorrow u will see people selling it for 4 naira tomorrow, hmnnn, it is well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:01pm On Apr 23
olaremint:

Accumulate as much as you can or sell yours at the going price. As Cp said, there is money to be made or lost.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olaremint(m): 1:01pm On Apr 23
No, I bought at 7 and 8 naira, the way it’s going down every day, it seems some people bought when it was 50 kobo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olaremint(m): 1:03pm On Apr 23
Accumulate as much as you can or sell yours at the going price. As Cp said, there is money to be made or lost.

Sell kini, I am waiting for it to get to 2 naira, so that i will then buy as much as I can
We die there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:03pm On Apr 23
KayOn1:

They should just give 25k or 30k dividend this time around to crash the price more. We are waiting for them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:04pm On Apr 23
olaremint:

Sell kini, I am waiting for it to get to 2 naira, so that i will then buy as much as I can
We die there

I am actually averaging up. My only fear is with AccessCorp, I do not know if a major shareholder is selling off.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olaremint(m): 1:12pm On Apr 23
I am actually averaging up. My only fear is with AccessCorp, I do not know if a major shareholder is selling off.

banks that are doing poorly since the CBN directives on recapitalization.
Seems a lot of abacradabra was going down or investors have developed cold feet.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:19pm On Apr 23
olaremint:

banks that are doing poorly since the CBN directives on recapitalization.
Seems a lot of abacradabra was going down or investors have developed cold feet.

2 years is a long time. The recapitalization will be met.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 1:20pm On Apr 23
ndept:

The proceeds from the sale of Oando retail outlets to NNPC was used to pay down the loans and borrowings.
It is reported in Page 79 of the 2022 Accounts under Note 40(b) ''Changes in Liabilities Arising from Financing Activities''.....in the ''Cash flow - Payments'' column of N562.326b....... to settle Interest Bearing Loans and Borrowings (Current and Non-Current)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 1:26pm On Apr 23
olaremint:

Sell kini? I am waiting for it to get to 2 naira, so that i will then buy as much as I can
We die there
...good! That's the way to go. Before you see it at 2 naira, buy some between 4.50 & 5 naira too
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 1:44pm On Apr 23
KarlTom:
I'm not a fan of lenghty reports but I will try and summarize.

Let me refer you to page 12 of the Annual Report, you'll find this paragraph:

"OML 56, OML 13 and OML 60-63 are currently the crude oil and
gas producing assets while Oando PLC engages in supply and
trading of crude, refined and unrefined petroleum products.
These entities account for 100% of Group revenue recognized
being N1,994 billion for the year ended 31 December 2022 (2021:
N804.8 billion)."

That's a revenue increase of 248%

Recall that in September, 2023, OandO Energy Resources (OER) bought 100% of ENI's interest in Nigeria Agip Oil Company.
This transaction does several things:
1. It DOUBLES OER stake in OML 60-63 (formerly 20%, now 40%). OML 60-63 are the few OER assets that are currently in PRODUCTION stage.
2. Oando’s total reserves (based on 2021 reserves estimates) stand at 503.3MMboe and the transaction will deliver a 98% increase.
3. It grows Oando’s exploration asset portfolio through the acquisition of a 90% interest in OPL 282 and 48% interest in OPL 135.

I strongly believe that 2023 FY will be better... grin

It is reported in the 2022 Accounts that Oando made losses for 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:47pm On Apr 23
BullBearMkt:

...market is for everyone - the Bulls, the Bears and the Pigs
grin grin grin grin grin

We need the pigas to remain afloat 😂

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 1:51pm On Apr 23
Jaakay:
If you dig deep into the 2022 funancials, they have already told you they made a loss at 2023FY unaudited account, with the hope to come back to profitability by 2024FY. They will be coming to raise funds at some point, either through the market or via bonds.

This is very true.
Oando is planning to raise more funds from the market very soon, either through bond issue or shares offer, or both!
Please let us all read pages 91 and 92 of the 2022 financial report!

if the court case is settled and the request for delisting is thrown out, there may be a rush of activity in Oando!
I pray it favours us all!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23
Oando peeps are hoping, praying, debating and hanging on to 2022 Q1 Financial Statement for survival; grin grin grin while the rest of us are already making moves in the 2nd Quarter of 2024; and other companies are showing industry forecast for 2025 and beyond. When you talk about living in the past, this is a typical example of it. Is this not one of the 7 wonders of the NGX? grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:28pm On Apr 23
mikeapollo:

This is very true.
Oando is planning to raise more funds from the market very soon, either through bond issue or shares offer, or both!

if the court case is settled and the request for delisting is thrown out, there may be a rush of activity in Oando!

They want to scam another generation Lol
PeTEriChY and MyJoy08 never still recover from their last adventure over 10 years ago

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:30pm On Apr 23
Oando prophet, are we still good to go or we should just give up on Wale?

I'm asking on behalf of the Oando newbies? Peter pls don't reply this message oooooo because I sabi una gamblers wey dey set trap for newbies? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:33pm On Apr 23
Agbalowomeri:

PeTEriChY and MyJoy08 never still recover from their last adventure over 10 years ago

Agba don come with comedy grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 2:34pm On Apr 23
Agbalowomeri:

Wahala Oti kpoju!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:35pm On Apr 23
mikeapollo:

This is very true.
[b]Oando is planning to raise more funds from the market very soon, [/b]either through bond issue or shares offer, or both!

When they bewitched una finish.

But eyes Don open well nah

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:44pm On Apr 23
grin grin
Adinije:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7721) (7722) (7723) (7724) (7725) (7726) (7727) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.