Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (856) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11013271 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) ... (7798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:45am On May 28, 2015
Born2berich:

@madam mercy, wetin man go do since some people wan put sand sand for our garri. grin

@jas10, garrulous doesn't have anything to do with garri grin

Garrulous = Bombastic, Loquacious
Querulous = Constant whining/ Constant complaining

This ur explanation reminds me of my grand dad and grandmum.
My grandad studied English at great Ife. Always listens to BBC news while my grand mum na TTC and nce things. When my grand dad speaks English such as garrulous and querulous, my grand mum will ask for the meaning. And guess my grand dad answer? Loquatious and whining. My grand mum will just smile and walk away.

Each time my grand dad speaks those heavy grammar, my grandmum doesn't bother asking. She just smiles.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:46am On May 28, 2015
I accept FBNH leading UBA,but how can Access be Oga for UBA.........UBA is an old bank...........

Born2berich:

That's life for you..There is a rule that you must always respect your Oga. That rule applies in the NSEBANKING sector. They follow themselves according in rank from my observation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:50am On May 28, 2015
angelo82:
I accept FBNH leading UBA,but how can Access be Oga for UBA.........UBA is an old bank...........

Each of this banking stock will find its true level after the inauguration, especially the tier 1...lolw
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:52am On May 28, 2015
I believe so...........Just couldn't buy the idea of UBA waiting for other banks to move forward...........Funny fundamentals...........

myjoy08:

Each of this banking stock will find its true level after the inauguration, especially the tier 1...lolw
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JAS10: 11:52am On May 28, 2015
vitafoam is losing steam o. 5.26
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:54am On May 28, 2015
Vitafoam is back to 5.30...............
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:54am On May 28, 2015
angelo82:
I believe so...........Just couldn't buy the idea of UBA waiting for other banks to move forward...........Funny fundamentals...........

Sir, watch the drama as it will unfold...Am just laughing where i'm grin. Those people taken position majorly in Access and UBA know what they are into...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:56am On May 28, 2015
@Born2berich; all these English that you are throwing about ehn! You sure say you never take position for LearnAfrica? Person ask for meaning of Garrulous, you tell am Loquacious or bombastic again We are tired of doing DD on your "English picks" instead of "stock picks". tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by situationroom: 11:56am On May 28, 2015
pythondjango:
But the eps check as at third quarter of 2014 shows sth around 16 if I'm right.That's very poor,isn't it.Well let see what year end result holds!
Hmmm from 3.60 to 5+++ .Meaning i would hv bought but that detered me.NSE!!!!!!!

@situationroom hmm "a fi situation room gan"
Money may turn some people really really sleepless .lols!!!

my bro it necessary for us oo.so that we can break out of the crowd mentality of depending on the government to feed us
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 12:00pm On May 28, 2015
Seems they are waiting for the new government first........I am heavy on those stocks too but I want them to be very active.........This will increase daily trading................I believe they will start moving as soon as Buhari takes over.........I just hope the new government will be friendly to the market.............

myjoy08:

Sir, watch the drama as it will unfold...Am just laughing where i'm grin. People those taken position majorly in Access and UBA know what they are into...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 28, 2015
angelo82:
Seems they are waiting for the new government first........I am heavy on those stocks too but I want them to be very active.........This will increase daily trading................I believe they will start moving as soon as Buhari takes over.........I just hope the new government will be friendly to the market.............

Any government talking about being private sector friendly is always good for the market. Have you heard that Buhari is slashing Nigerian Ministers to 18 or 20 only instead of the 36 under GEJ administration. This is what we need in the market, cut government recurrent expenditure and increase infrastructural projects with adequate implementation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 28, 2015
Plz someone shld help me with d bid n offer of Skye
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 12:07pm On May 28, 2015
Hopefully everything will be good.............

myjoy08:

Any government talking about being private sector friendly is always good for the market. Have you heard that Buhari is slashing Nigerian Ministers to 18 or 20 only instead of the 36 under GEJ administration. This is what we need in the market, cut government recurrent expenditure and increase infrastructural projects with adequate implementation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 12:08pm On May 28, 2015
Bid 2,364,551 and offer is 417,565............

mercylicious:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 28, 2015
Tnks Angelo for your magnanimous gesture. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teezpee: 12:18pm On May 28, 2015
Born2berich:

@saibuhari, let me appeal to you as we all benefit from your stock picks..same with myjoy and many others who give out stock picks..Regard it as a selfless service you render to aid your fellow compatriots to make money. One thing I have learnt in life is that no matter how hard you try there must always be someone who always antagonizes your efforts but that doesn't mean you should stop. Please don't stop as we really need more of the picks from you and others...Without stock picks, there will be no NSEMPA.

Please reconsider your stance as from your previous comment, you have always been one of us.

@General, let's learn to respect people's opinions and motives, if it doesn't align with yours, just make your point and move on. No need to be garrulous and querulous with it.

Enjoy.

My thoughts;
Whatsoever is driving Vono will Consequentially drive Vitafoam (-/+)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by JAS10: 12:19pm On May 28, 2015
7.09 mil bid. 4.62 miloffer
mercylicious:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 28, 2015
Before now, a day before public holiday is generally bearish.
But today doesn't want to bow to the trend so that I pick up some bargains.
OK naa. Still watching with my spectacular binoculars . grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 28, 2015
teezpee:

My thoughts;

Are u sure am not d one driving vono?
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 12:26pm On May 28, 2015
teezpee:

My thoughts;

This is what I think: Vono is trying to catch up with Vitafoam until further details about the merger comes out. Vitafoam has reached its historical high and will need some extraordinary effort to break that resistance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 12:31pm On May 28, 2015
I dnt get it, it seams stocks r scarces on d floor
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 28, 2015
jp130:
I dnt get it, it seams stocks r scarces on d floor

The big boys ar already in abuja for d inauguration.
Oga agba, don't 4get to snap a selfie with Buhari.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 12:36pm On May 28, 2015
Very Ironic.............I copied that info from Meritrade and I meant no harm.............Because that your Magnanimous got me thinking.......... grin grin

mercylicious:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by slyopez(m): 12:42pm On May 28, 2015
mercylicious:
E be like say na big grammar dey rain dis days oh grin. Abeg wey my Webster dictionary?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by situationroom: 12:43pm On May 28, 2015
pythondjango:
But the eps check as at third quarter of 2014 shows sth around 16 if I'm right.That's very poor,isn't it.Well let see what year end result holds!
Hmmm from 3.60 to 5+++ .Meaning i would hv bought but that detered me.NSE!!!!!!!

@situationroom hmm "a fi situation room gan"
Money may turn some people really really sleepless .lols!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by slyopez(m): 12:57pm On May 28, 2015
What's going on with wapic, 94.5M units traded.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 12:59pm On May 28, 2015
Aloaye:

I've not used Mytradebook but from observations on comments here

Meritrade(I use this)
pros: Good customer service, Accounts gets credited as soon as you contact them and they have a mobile app, good reputation in the stock exchange too,easy to open and complete opening form online.

cons: The online data update is not instant and you dont get to see trade as they happen. You can balance this up with the nse website but it's not too good especially when your major strategy is JIJO(Jump In, Jump out)

Morgan:
pros: Low brokerage fee(0.25%) as compared to meritrade(1.35%), real online data and you get to see trades as they happen, good for JIJO

cons:not too good customer care(tho you may not need their 'care' much), you have to fill the opening form sent by mail and scan to send.

I'm not too sure of other cons of morgan because I have not used it but you can open an account with both and manage your account combining the pro's of both platforms.

Cheers

Good analysis and I think the above sums it up.

I will hope not to need Customer Service and stick to low fees but in our environment there will always be issues, so customer service is my number two priority, the product you offer is number one priority. In a case where a company offers services like a stockbroking firm or a bank, I see customer service as number one. If you cannot score above average, you will not have my business even if you are doing it for free.

I will like to think I am a fair person and I do not mind paying for services rendered even if it takes more out of my pocket. In the end we all have things we think are more important than others and that determines our choices.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 1:02pm On May 28, 2015
N5billion spent on Nestle today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 1:03pm On May 28, 2015
Born2berich:

That's life for you..There is a rule that you must always respect your Oga. That rule applies in the NSEBANKING sector. They follow themselves according in rank from my observation.
And I submit that their overall Oga is Fbnh since the days of Soludo consolidation. Of course it's the mentality of traders. A few weeks ago, when Uba blasted off like a rocket, a BiTL asked me where I thought it could reach. I told him I was waiting for fbnh Q1 result, which was yet to be released at that time, even though I had not a single fbnh unit. This was because I new the Uba rally would soon be truncated if the two seniors the market had placed in front of it did not shift forward. Believe me, if fbnh Q1 performance had been strong enough to boost the stock to 15, the entire market story would have been different by now. All stocks in the banking sector, below and above fbnh would have adjusted forward correspondingly. Note the entire market is beholden, sensitive and responsive to what is happening in the banking sector. That is where bulls and bears start and spreads out over the market. But there is a higher law underlying this queueing system. It is the law of EPS. This seniority ranking is based strictly on EPS/PE. Therefore the "lordship" of access and fbnh over UBA in unit price can be broken, and the queueing system overruled if UBA surpasses them in EPS. So Uba can jump over access and even fbnh only on the wings of a much stronger EPS.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 1:08pm On May 28, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by saibuhari(m): 1:08pm On May 28, 2015
megainvest:

This is what I think: Vono is trying to catch up with Vitafoam until further details about the merger comes out. Vitafoam has reached its historical high and will need some extraordinary effort to break that resistance.

You are wrong. Watch Vitafoam from next week. Whatever rally Vono has done or will do, will be countered by Vitafoam. That's why I talked about counter rally in my earlier post. Again, closing price of Vitafoam is what matters, not what you see during trading. Watch out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 1:14pm On May 28, 2015
bigass:
N5billion spent on Nestle today

shocked
This must be the work of the men in black. cool cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) ... (7798) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Coolcash1 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.