Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,890 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20702 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plendil: 10:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
Look at it this way: Christians come together to choose a date--that it was originally a pagan festival is irrelevant--to commemorate the date of the physical entry of their Lord and Savior in to the world, not following the pagan traditions that it originally symbolized through aimless merry making, but showing love to the unloved, feeding the hungry, reaching the unsaved, and other worthy ventures. Do you honestly believe those doing that will go to hell?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 11:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
truthislight:

are the sited events/items use for worship? No.

So, you completely miss it.

Next time get the sense of what is at stake.

Birthday is a pegan event that celebrate/worship the spirit in charge of the day of one being born.

Worship is what Yahweh does not take for granted and Yahweh does not shear his worship.

Infact, Yahweh is a jealous God. QED tongue
Do u watch or participate in the olympics? Just to start with dat.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 11:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville:

Then take your weapon to refute thoses claims..... You think the Pagans are happy you are trying to modify thier feast? ..... grin grin

You have to educate yourself with the scripture dear, try more!!
If u cant provide the source of ur argument den u r a fraud. U copied and pasted an article written by God knws who and i askd to provide the source of your 'copy and paste' info and u r running. If u dnt hav anythin to hide kindly provide the site or link where u get ur info den pple can disprove or aprove the source of ur info.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 11:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
truthislight:

what has all this talk has to do with worship?

Are you guys so empty?

Dont you have value for spiritual things?

We are talking about mixing Yahweh's worship with pegan activities you are talking about olympics?

Birth day has to do with worship of a demon of the day of ones birth and all the days are named after pegan gods.

How can you please Yahweh with this sort of shallow knowledge of him?

You guys are like esau that did not show value/appreciate spiritual things.

Yahweh said dont mixed my worship with that of demon but that is what you are doing and bent on down.

Yahweh says dont have any thing to do with Demons but that is what you are doing with birth day celebrations.

Cant you see the danger that you are in or you have been so blinded?

Well, the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.
Do u participate in an olympic event or follow the olympic movement? Your response will determine my next respose.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
I don taya for all of una... @Truthslight, how do celebrating my own birthday makes me an idol worshipper?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
Yous guys are partial in your jugdement. Somebody raised the issue of wedding gown and wedding ring etc and what you (truthlight and co) just said is that its not used for worship. Now tell me, how is my birthday used for worship since you guys termed it as pagan practice.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
Truthlyt and co... I need a verse or chapter in the bible where it written that it is a pagan practice to celebrate birthday.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

You no get work na. Thats why you have 365days of the year to do nanny work. Some of us are very busy you know. That's why we don't joke with any extra days we can get to spend quality time with peeps we love.
cheesy cheesy
childs play in deed.

From your post so far on this thread that should be obvious. cool
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:02am On Dec 27, 2012
plendil: I'm still struggling to understand the purpose of this thread.

For a start, I don't think any right thinking Christian will be under any illusion that the date used for Christmas was not originally a pagan festival. That has been proven beyond doubt. what I have issues with is using that as the reason for discouraging Christmas.

I asked OP where in the Bible it is said that celebrating birthdays is a sin, the best you could come up with is the fact that all those that did it were pagans?

I would have thought that the nature of the celebration and not the celebration itself would make the practice sinful.

birth day celebration glorifies the spirit incharge of the day one was born.

Think well befor you copy.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:05am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Lol! You are looking forward to the last day abi grin am sure you Will looking out for zikkyy to see him receiving his punishment for celebrating Xmas. You go develop cardiac arrest that day when you see the Lord rewarding zikkyy for doing the right thing grin

i really wish that ^^ will be true, you are my friend you know
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:08am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Which spirit is in charge of that day self? You don dey conjure strange theories here o! How do you worship? Is it by cooking and chopulating special birthday rice & chicken?

as if i am the one that conjure zodiac signs, "soul mate" "stars"

shined your eyes my friend.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:12am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

as if i am the one that conjure zodiac signs, "soul mate" "stars"

shined your eyes my friend.
Yes... We all know that you are not the one that conjure it. But how are the spirit worshipped on ones birthday celebration.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 6:09am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god: Yous guys are partial in your jugdement. Somebody raised the issue of wedding gown and wedding ring etc and what you (truthlight and co) just said is that its not used for worship. Now tell me, how is my birthday used for worship since you guys termed it as pagan practice.
Its all about selectiv judgement. Condemn wat u hate and propagate wat u like. I raised the issue of olympics and non had been able to clarify dat. If the greece honoured their god, Zeus, with a sporting event y dnt papville and co condemn the present olympic event as an idol worship since it has it root in idolatory which can be proven by contemporary history, and even the present olympic signs and holograms.

Is present day olympic an idol worship (mr truthislight)?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 6:15am On Dec 27, 2012
honeric01:

c'mon na, you can do better than this na sad

Am not the one to do better. For posts not meant for you, you always end up with a wrong interpretation.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 6:18am On Dec 27, 2012
true2god: If u cant provide the source of ur argument den u r a fraud. U copied and pasted an article written by God knws who and i askd to provide the source of your 'copy and paste' info and u r running. If u dnt hav anythin to hide kindly provide the site or link where u get ur info den pple can disprove or aprove the source of ur info.

They have a lot to hide. That's why they keep avoiding my question.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 6:44am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

There is wat is called a back-ground check in magt science. If im a writer, an atheist as well, i write an article on a whole lot of issue on xtain religion i will definitely be biased cos im going to tailor my argument on my belief system. Obviosly i will nullify the existence of God, the virgin birth of christ (cos its not scientific), i will nullify the moses miracle of parting the red sea (not scientific), and i wont beleieve in xmas.

Ok if i write a book dat covers a wide range of topics dat includes my view on xmas (since i dnt even believe in God), papville and co will now use me as an authority to prove a point, is it not biase? Cos papville believs in God and i dnt even in God and she quotes me as an authority in a topic dat covers xmas.

Papvile pls share the link with us and let us do a background check on the author and his general belief on religios matter. If u cant do dat dat means u t not a sincere person.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:01am On Dec 27, 2012
true2god: If u cant provide the source of ur argument den u r a fraud. U copied and pasted an article written by God knws who and i askd to provide the source of your 'copy and paste' info and u r running. If u dnt hav anythin to hide kindly provide the site or link where u get ur info den pple can disprove or aprove the source of ur info.

What link do you want? The head of this thread has no link to present to you, I created my thread just like u wrote the above, and you are here saying its copy and paste? There are links you will enjoy, those with pictures. Sure will I give you their source . But not until you go bk to 01 of this thread and treat those questions I asked first, you will get no link. grin I am proud to have desisted from lieing to my Kids that Christ birthday was 25th Dec. Stop these lies and live a free life in Christ!

Am on phone, I may not answer other of ur post. It hurts my finger aieee! grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:10am On Dec 27, 2012
true2god: There is wat is called a back-ground check in magt science. If im a writer, an atheist as well, i write an article on a whole lot of issue on xtain religion i will definitely be biased cos im going to tailor my argument on my belief system. Obviosly i will nullify the existence of God, the virgin birth of christ (cos its not scientific), i will nullify the moses miracle of parting the red sea (not scientific), and i wont beleieve in xmas.

Ok if i write a book dat covers a wide range of topics dat includes my view on xmas (since i dnt even believe in God), papville and co will now use me as an authority to prove a point, is it not biase? Cos papville believs in God and i dnt even in God and she quotes me as an authority in a topic dat covers xmas.

Papvile pls share the link with us and let us do a background check on the author and his general belief on religios matter. If u cant do dat dat means u t not a sincere person.

Only when you are guilty will your mind be worried when you are accessed. By the way, where is the link/source of the above.... ?

I have told you, go and creat an Olympic and earring thread. You be talent to derail thread, I don't want to engage in these ur subjects. They are very interesting, but should be discussed else where. Thank you.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:13am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Who dey hid under pagan feast in the name of Christ birth here? Who gives Demons glory ignorantly? Plz.... Go to page 01 and treat those question. Thank you.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 7:16am On Dec 27, 2012
Truthzlyt and plapville... I need a verse or chapter in the bible where it written that it is a pagan practice to celebrate birthday.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:17am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god: I don taya for all of una... @Truthslight, how do celebrating my own birthday makes me an idol worshipper?

Even your thread said it that XMas is a demonic tag....gradually, you will see the fully light of God na small small ... grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 7:20am On Dec 27, 2012
true2god: Its all about selectiv judgement. Condemn wat u hate and propagate wat u like. I raised the issue of olympics and non had been able to clarify dat. If the greece honoured their god, Zeus, with a sporting event y dnt papville and co condemn the present olympic event as an idol worship since it has it root in idolatory which can be proven by contemporary history, and even the present olympic signs and holograms.

Is present day olympic an idol worship (mr truthislight)?

Have I not answered this useless question before??.........YES the olympics still remains what it is....pagan!!!!!.......let's be truthfull to ourselves.........you guys have acted so jejune....just because enough evidence has been given to show the fraud xmas is you switch the topic to olympics and wedding gown.....smh!!!!!!..............is it not a shame??.........xmas has been debunked from all corners....the bible,history and what have you.....instead of you guys to be humble and allign your trained conbsciences to the truth you are here playing ten ten............

The OLYMPICS is pagan...I've answered It before and here it is again.....

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:24am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god: Truthzlyt and plapville... I need a verse or chapter in the bible where it written that it is a pagan practice to celebrate birthday.

You don skipped those verses our brother @honeric01 and Boomark posted ? Plz scroll bk no repeating of scripture here! grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 7:24am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god: Truthzlyt and plapville... I need a verse or chapter in the bible where it written that it is a pagan practice to celebrate birthday.

And they have open verses to show that only pagans celebrated there birthdays.....now a right thinking servant of God would ask::::why did not one servant of God from abel to the 1st century christians(the apostles) celebrate there birthdays but pagans did??...........this question would even help you see why Jesus' birth day was never mentioned in the bible..........its precept upon precept......follow the examples of servants of old rather than the worldly trend...........birthdays have always had something to do with spiritism like truthislight said.....none of Gods servants would go near it..........all the birthdays mentioned in the bible were always in conflict with Gods standards..........

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Have I not answered this useless question before??.........YES the olympics still remains what it is....pagan!!!!!.......let's be truthfull to ourselves.........you guys have acted so jejune....just because enough evidence has been given to show the fraud xmas is you switch the topic to olympics and wedding gown.....smh!!!!!!..............is it not a shame??.........xmas has been debunked from all corners....the bible,history and what have you.....instead of you guys to be humble and allign your trained conbsciences to the truth you are here playing ten ten............

The OLYMPICS is pagan...I've answered It before and here it is again.....

I saw that you have given this answer before, but u should in true2god got derailing thread talent, that's why he brought Olympic and wedding in hahaha....even a kid will agree that Olympics Is pure Pagan !
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:31am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

And they have open verses to show that only pagans celebrated there birthdays.....now a right thinking servant of God would ask::::why did not one servant of God from abel to the 1st century christians(the apostles) celebrate there birthdays but pagans did??...........this question would even help you see why Jesus' birth day was never mentioned in the bible..........its precept upon precept......follow the examples of servants of old rather than the worldly trend...........birthdays have always had something to do with spiritism like truthislight said.....none of Gods servants would go near it..........all the birthdays mentioned in the bible were always in conflict with Gods standards..........

May God bless you my brother for this very brief straight forward truth.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 7:33am On Dec 27, 2012
plappville:

You don skipped those verses our brother @honeric01 and Boomark posted ? Plz scroll bk no repeating of scripture here! grin
Nope. Non of the verse provided by them said that celebrating birthday is idol worship.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 7:36am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

That the bible recorded only pagans celebrating birthday does not mean that its pagan worship for someone to celebrate his own birthday.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:40am On Dec 27, 2012
plendil: Look at it this way: Christians come together to choose a date--that it was originally a pagan festival is irrelevant--to commemorate the date of the physical entry of their Lord and Savior in to the world, not following the pagan traditions that it originally symbolized through aimless merry making, but showing love to the unloved, feeding the hungry, reaching the unsaved, and other worthy ventures. Do you honestly believe those doing that will go to hell?

There is more than enough in the Bible to follow, why adding to it's God is all knowing, if birthday would please Him, King David, ABraham, MOses etc...would have key this example..... Read mark 7:6-8 Jesus warns us not to follow men traditions. Christmas is one of men tradition no??
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:50am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Quit notice ke shocked my rent never expire o! You should be ready to refund our rent then angry

I no say quit oooo, I mean what I said, an urgent, rapid, fast, or quick notice....no be mistake of words Zikkyy......true2god will definitely be thé first to receive it, if he/she no change style.... grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 7:50am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
That the bible recorded only pagans celebrating birthday does not mean that its pagan worship for someone to celebrate his own birthday.

If the bible not mentioning not a single birthday of a servant of God but that of pagans is not enough reason why one shouldn't engage in observing his/her own birthday then you need to do a re-evaluation of your trust in the bible..............why would the bible omit the birth dates of servants of God including Jesus,but will record down the birthdays celebrated by pagans??..............

Only pagans who never had a future celebrated there birthdays....for true servants of God the day of death would always be better than the day of ones birth.....because this life isn't all there is.........

You guys because of satisfying your birthday desires , projected such non-biblical acts on Jesus...............Jesus does not need his birthday celebrated...he is a king in heaven and our high priest ready to carry out judgement soon on the wordly........focus on the more important things and discard this pagan celebration called xmas........it has no dealing with our Lord.........I expect you guys who even assume Jesus to be the almighty God(though wrong from the scriptures) to be ashamed of yourselves.....how can you celebrate the birthday of the almighty God......??.......smh!!!...its a shame!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:58am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

well, its like human wants to force their creator Yahweh to accept whatever they want.

But that will be impossible since he can destroy the whole human race and create another.

He once told moses that he should destroy the whole nation of israel in the wilderness and raise moses children to serve him.

Btw. You that stick to that pastor to pray for you and all, do you think that Yahweh accepts his prayers?
if you feel

No such doctrine/practice in this church. Prayers are said individually according to how The spirit of God leads during service.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of Sallah Ram In Your Area? / ‘Touch Not My Anointed’ / Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.