Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20668 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:07am On Dec 27, 2012
plappville:
Who dey hid under pagan feast in the name of Christ birth here? Who gives Demons glory ignorantly? Plz.... Go to page 01 and treat those question. Thank you.

So my chop-chop on xmas day is now pagan feast? how? you saw me going to a sango shrine to buy the food? Did i dedicate the chop to sango? You have the courage to call my chop-chop pagan food because it's me, but for you to just say 'YES' zikkyy's praise worship to God on xmas day is pagan, you throw away your liver. Instead you tell me to go and read it it up in the bible. If you believe you are telling the truth, why are you afraid? You see yourself angry

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Anything you like talk. You know say I no go vex because na you.

E reach your mind ?? ..... grin

But you dey argue blindly no be for joke....abi u just dey intentionally dey doam for this thread?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:14am On Dec 27, 2012
plappville:

I no say quit oooo, I mean what I said, an urgent, rapid, fast, or quick notice....no be mistake of words Zikkyy......true2god will definitely be thé first to receive it, if he/she no change style.... grin

Okay.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:17am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:
........I expect you guys who even assume Jesus to be the almighty God(though wrong from the scriptures) to be ashamed of yourselves.....how can you celebrate the birthday of the almighty God......??.......smh!!!...its a shame!!!!!!!

...But it's okay to celebrate his crucifixion abi? You need to spend time with Logicboy to improve your own angry
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:18am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

So my scop-chop on xmas day is now pagan feast? how? you saw me going to a sango shrine to buy the food? Did i dedicate the chop to sango? You have the courage to call my chop-chop pagan food because it's me, but for you to just say 'YES' zikkyy's praise worship to God on xmas day is pagan, you throw away your liver. Instead you tell me to go and read it it up in the bible. If you believe you are telling the truth, why are you afraid? You see yourself angry

Fear ke? First of all, there is nothing like praise worship on a day special day called Xmas. In the Scripture. You have refused to follow bible examples ....that is you Zikkyy not me.

My liver is wIth me, can,t thow it. Btw. Several scriptures have been presented. Don't they made sense to you on birthday and men traditions?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:19am On Dec 27, 2012
plappville:

E reach your mind ?? ..... grin

But you dey argue blindly no be for joke....abi u just dey intentionally dey doam for this thread?

e no reach. i was beginning to think that was your intention wink
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 8:22am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Am not the one to do better. For posts not meant for you, you always end up with a wrong interpretation.

Ok, do us a favor, tell us your own interpretation! sad
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:25am On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:27am On Dec 27, 2012
true2god: Do u watch or participate in the olympics? Just to start with dat.

do i use the olympic event in my worship? No.

Does the bible say physical exercise is a sin? No.

Am i a live participant? No

if your offence was watching those celebrating Chrismas/birthday we will not be here talking my friend.

I have freedom to watch sports that are not violent.

I have freedom to watch my tv program as long as it is not immoral.

If you wish to equate the watching of olympic to participting in idolatory then you are not making sense at all.

Why not limit your involvement to just watching those doing Chrismas and see if any one will condemn you? No, you will not be condemn for watching your tv.

Your questions does not show reasonableness at all since just watching was never an offence.

Apostle paul use an analogy of the sport of athens while giving the example of those participating in a game to endure to the end.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 8:29am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

...But it's okay to celebrate his crucifixion abi? You need to spend time with Logicboy to improve your own angry

Lol.........its right to commemorate the last supper because Jesus is the new passover.......and because Jesus himself commanded it..........why u can't get this point baffles me zikky.......smh!!!!............

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:30am On Dec 27, 2012
plappville:

Fear ke? First of all, there is nothing like praise worship on a day special day called Xmas. In the Scripture. You have refused to follow bible examples ....that is you Zikkyy not me.

My liver is wIth me, can,t thow it. Btw. Several scriptures have been presented. Don't they made sense to you on birthday and men traditions?

"There is nothing like praise worship on a special day called xmas", but there is something like food on a special day called xmas, and that food is pagan angry you see yourself angry the praise worship is an xmas special; its the first thing i do before the chop-chop. You have the courage to condemn the food aspect because you believe it's risk free but refer me to bible to go and decide for my self when it comes to praise worship angry you see yourself na?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:32am On Dec 27, 2012
true2god: Do u participate in an olympic event or follow the olympic movement? Your response will determine my next respose.

do you just watched when Chrismas is being done or you are an actor in it?

So, how do you equate your action to watching?
Lie!

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:40am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god: I don taya for all of una... @Truthslight, how do celebrating my own birthday makes me an idol worshipper?

birthday celebration in addition to being an event that true worshpers of Yahweh never participated is an event that is celebrated,

it is done against this back drop:

1. That humans are gods.
2. Celebrating the spirit/demon that the day of once birth is named after as to arouse blessing from such a spirit.
Etc, etc.

That you copy from them without knowing the reasons behind the celebration is double folly for you.

I hope you know that days are named after spirit entities?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:44am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.........its right to commemorate the last supper because Jesus is the new passover.......and because Jesus himself commanded it..........why u can't get this point baffles me zikky.......smh!!!!............

Don't hide under the umbrella of command. You questioned the logic of celebrating the birth of a God (the Almighty himself), so am asking a similar question; why is it possible to commemorate the sacrifice?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Todaynatoday: 8:49am On Dec 27, 2012
Okay, this thread has gone on for too long. Can we end it with this verse?
Romans 14:22
New International Version
(NIV)
22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.
Blessed is the one who does not condemn
himself by what he approves.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:51am On Dec 27, 2012
honeric01:

Ok, do us a favor, tell us your own interpretation! sad

No, that's not the approach. leave room for clarification when next you respond to a post meant for some other person or you find yourself having to apologize (if you are matured enough to do that) for not having a proper understanding of the post.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 8:51am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Don't hide under the umbrella of command. You questioned the logic of celebrating the birth of a God (the Almighty himself), so am asking a similar question; why is it possible to commemorate the sacrifice?

Because he commanded it....isn't that a perfect answer??....wait for the commander whom you call you God to give the go-ahead rather than act presumptuously....................besides I'm not hiding under anything.......first of the catholics made Jesus almighty God, and also chose to celebrate his birthday just as the pagans do by stealing from the same pagans dec 25th along with its customs..........are you seeing the similarity??.........its all paganism bro.......only pagans celebrated the birthdays of there gods...........and now professed christians are doing the same.........its all a fraud bro.........

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:53am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god: Yous guys are partial in your jugdement. Somebody raised the issue of wedding gown and wedding ring etc and what you (truthlight and co) just said is that its not used for worship. Now tell me, how is my birthday used for worship since you guys termed it as pagan practice.

birth day is based on the premise of self worship, that you are a god just as satan has told eve in eden.

You glorify the spirit in whose day you were born.

This^^^ makes you an idolater.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god: Truthlyt and co... I need a verse or chapter in the bible where it written that it is a pagan practice to celebrate birthday.

childs play!

Were you not reading the thread and your bible that it is only pegans that celebrate birthdays in the bible?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:59am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Yes... We all know that you are not the one that conjure it. But how are the spirit worshipped on ones birthday celebration.

wiki is your friend, do your research befor you copy pegan in the future.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:01am On Dec 27, 2012
true2god: Its all about selectiv judgement. Condemn wat u hate and propagate wat u like. I raised the issue of olympics and non had been able to clarify dat. If the greece honoured their god, Zeus, with a sporting event y dnt papville and co condemn the present olympic event as an idol worship since it has it root in idolatory which can be proven by contemporary history, and even the present olympic signs and holograms.

Is present day olympic an idol worship (mr truthislight)?

the olympic events are not use for the worship of Yahweh today as such your question is even irrelevant.

But Chrismas is use for worship.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:03am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:
Because he commanded it....isn't that a perfect answer??....

You cannot even admit when you make a blunder. So with your question below, you are not saying the birthday of the Almighty God cannot be celebrated, what you are saying is that we cannot celebrate it because he has not issued a command for it to be celebrated. please clarify.

ijawkid:
....I expect you guys who even assume Jesus to be the almighty God(though wrong from the scriptures) to be ashamed of yourselves.....how can you celebrate the birthday of the almighty God......??
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 9:15am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

You cannot even admit when you make a blunder. So with your question below, you are not saying the birthday of the Almighty God cannot be celebrated, what you are saying is that we cannot celebrate it because he has not issued a command for it to be celebrated. please clarify.

Nope....I'm only saying if you guys really believe that Jesus is the almighty God you won't celebrate his birthday because God has no birth date......don't u get it??.......servants of His who were humans never celebrated theirs let alone God who never had a beginning......I was trying to plainly tell you how pagan the xmas celebration is...,,,,,.........its foundation has been a fraud..............besides God would never have commanded through his son that the birth of Jesus be celebrated because from the scriptures birthdays are less important than the day of ones death.....Jesus' death is what has opened d way to salvation.........that is why there is a need to commemorate it like the pass over was commemorated by the Jews.....even At that Jesus gave the command...........as for birthdays it has no link with Yahwehs servant let alone Yahweh commanding them to engage in it.............

Zikky you are dragging this discussion too much.......

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 9:18am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

No, that's not the approach. leave room for clarification when next you respond to a post meant for some other person or you find yourself having to apologize (if you are matured enough to do that) for not having a proper understanding of the post.

Stop looking for excuse man, if you believe my interpretation is different from what you wrote, then let us have your own interpretation to a clear statement you made. haba! your comment was clear as daylight and the buildup to that statement was also posted here, so what kinda "not for you statement" are you trying to make bro? the buildups to that comment of yours are on the thread and i read them, so what are you saying?

Even the person that you were talking to attested to that and even quoted your post who tallied with my response.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:23am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

who is the almighty?

Jesus or Yahweh?

You are blinded my friend.

"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).

Sorry my friend, you are lost here.

"You celebrate the birth of the almighty God!"

you are still a trinitarian that avoid trinity thread so that you dont abandon trinity and also Chrismas rice.

Chop chop guy.

Red stew was a problem to esau, you better watched your self befor red stew land you in problem.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:26am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:
birthday celebration in addition to being an event that true worshpers of Yahweh never participated is an event that is celebrated,

1. That humans are gods.
2. Celebrating the spirit/demon that the day of once birth is named after as to arouse blessing from such a spirit.
Etc, etc.

The person celebrating his birthday, did he tell you he copied the principles underlying the birthday? Don't assume.

truthislight:
That you copy from them without knowing the reasons behind the celebration is double folly for you.

You mentioned something important here; the reasons behind the celebration. For every action there is a motive and you have shown here that motive is very important. Without motive, that very act is useless. Without those underlying reasons you stated up there, the celebration for the pagan is meaningless. it is the motive that makes the birthday, it is the reasons above that makes the birthday pagan, it is not the birthday itself. So for the Christian celebrating his birthday today what is his/her intention? it is that intention that makes the celebration, you cannot take it away.

truthislight:

If pagans name the days after spirit entities, what is that to you?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2012
honeric01:
Stop looking for excuse man, if you believe my interpretation is different from what you wrote, then let us have your own interpretation to a clear statement you made. haba! your comment was clear as daylight and the buildup to that statement was also posted here, so what kinda "not for you statement" are you trying to make bro? the buildups to that comment of yours are on the thread and i read them, so what are you saying?

Are you now forcing me for an interpretation i don't make excuses. Have told you what to do next time. I have moved on (long ago). you are still dwelling in the past.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:31am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

If the bible not mentioning not a single birthday of a servant of God but that of pagans is not enough reason why one shouldn't engage in observing his/her own birthday then you need to do a re-evaluation of your trust in the bible..............why would the bible omit the birth dates of servants of God including Jesus,but will record down the birthdays celebrated by pagans??..............

Only pagans who never had a future celebrated there birthdays....for true servants of God the day of death would always be better than the day of ones birth.....because this life isn't all there is.........

You guys because of satisfying your birthday desires , projected such non-biblical acts on Jesus...............Jesus does not need his birthday celebrated...he is a king in heaven and our high priest ready to carry out judgement soon on the wordly........focus on the more important things and discard this pagan celebration called xmas........it has no dealing with our Lord.........I expect you guys who even assume Jesus to be the almighty God(though wrong from the scriptures) to be ashamed of yourselves.....how can you celebrate the birthday of the almighty God......??.......smh!!!...its a shame!!!!!!!
Common... Stop reasoning like this. Must the bible mention everthing. After i graduated from the university. Me and my close friends went for a thanksgiving service after which we heard a get together at my place in school just to celebrate our five years stay in school From your judgement, we are now idol worshippers cos no where in the bible did the early christians celebrate graduation party. So if i may ask, which spirit is attributed to graduation party.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:32am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Because he commanded it....isn't that a perfect answer??....wait for the commander whom you call you God to give the go-ahead rather than act presumptuously....................besides I'm not hiding under anything.......first of the catholics made Jesus almighty God, and also chose to celebrate his birthday just as the pagans do by stealing from the same pagans dec 25th along with its customs..........are you seeing the similarity??.........its all paganism bro.......only pagans celebrated the birthdays of there gods...........and now professed christians are doing the same.........its all a fraud bro.........

is it not silly and funny!

Trinitarians wrongly say that Jesus has no beginning but went ahead to celebrate his birth day?

What a confuse set of people that will always have an excessive explanation to do in an otherwise simple message of salvation of the bible that God used fishermen to accomplished.

But today, they must used PHD holders or philosophers to be able to twist what the bible says.

It is really a pity for y'all chop chop Chrismas dude and trinitarians.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:39am On Dec 27, 2012
honeric01: @Zikky

Even the person that you were talking to attested to that and even quoted your post who tallied with my response.

the dude is as slippery as trinitarians on this chop chop thing.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

1. That humans are gods.
Etc, etc.

From what you just said above, i can relate it to the fact that i am wearing a shoe and you just standby and be shouting that i should remove my show cos its painful to me were as you are not the one wearing it but me. I still dont see how my birthday relate to that of a spirit/idol, neither do i go to any shrine to make sacrifice to any gods.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:41am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

wiki is your friend, do your research befor you copy pegan in the future.
I didnt see where wiki related my birthday celebration to any idol/spirit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply)

Jesus Prophesied and Warned: Paul is False Prophet/Messiah / Pastor Saves Almost N2 Million In His Piggy Bank (Video) / How To Understand Mathew 10:34

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.