Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,343 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20675 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Common... Stop reasoning like this. Must the bible mention everthing. After i graduated from the university. Me and my close friends went for a thanksgiving service after which we heard a get together at my place in school just to celebrate our five years stay in school From your judgement, we are now idol worshippers cos no where in the bible did the early christians celebrate graduation party. So if i may ask, which spirit is attributed to graduation party.

The bible must mention everything associated with His plans of which Jesus is one of them.................so now we are to go into graduation parties??............right??...........you want us to talk about graduation parties??....then start a thread giving me a brief history of graduation parties and tell me if they are pagan......that's the same thing the Op did with xmas...............

You have not yet concluded with xmas you want to run to graduation............smh!!!!!!..........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:44am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:
Nope....I'm only saying if you guys really believe that Jesus is the almighty God you won't celebrate his birthday because God has no birth date......don't u get it??.......servants of His who were humans never celebrated theirs let alone God who never had a beginning......I was trying to plainly tell you how pagan the xmas celebration is...,,,,,.........its foundation has been a fraud..............besides God would never have commanded through his son that the birth of Jesus be celebrated because from the scriptures birthdays are less important than the day of ones death.....Jesus' death is what has opened d way to salvation.........that is why there is a need to commemorate it like the pass over was commemorated by the Jews.....even At that Jesus gave the command...........as for birthdays it has no link with Yahwehs servant let alone Yahweh commanding them to engage in it.............

The bolded and the bit in red was the attraction. God has no birth date and God cannot die as well. It goes together. If i cannot celebrate God's birthday because he does not have one, i cannot commemorate his death because he no dey die. abi? anyways make i leave matter.

ijawkid:
Zikky you are dragging this discussion too much.......

Not my fault, you guys keep coming up with something new for me to respond to.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:45am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.........its right to commemorate the last supper because Jesus is the new passover.......and because Jesus himself commanded it..........why u can't get this point baffles me zikky.......smh!!!!............

Good. It is right to commemorate the last supper abi? Then you are no different form us because on the day you are commemoratin it, am sure there is a spirit/idol that is related to that particular day. So you just proved yourself to be an idol worshipper just like you said we are.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:47am On Dec 27, 2012
I did not read this bit very well.

honeric01:
Even the person that you were talking to attested to that and even quoted your post who tallied with my response.

Hahaha grin you are relying on sister plappville's attestation? Lol! grin now that was funny. You don't know the posters on this thread smiley
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:51am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

who is the almighty?

Jesus or Yahweh?

You are blinded my friend.

"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).

Sorry my friend, you are lost here.

"You celebrate the birth of the almighty God!"

you are still a trinitarian that avoid trinity thread so that you dont abandon trinity and also Chrismas rice.

Chop chop guy.

Red stew was a problem to esau, you better watched your self befor red stew land you in problem.

See me see wahala ooh! This man you are responding like a robot. It's like you are programmed to respond to comments made by any 'Christmas loving and celebrating' poster grin. You leave ijawkid that made the original statement and attacked zikkyy that is just doing copy and paste of ijawkid's comment. truthislight this is not fair na sad
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:52am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

The person celebrating his birthday, did he tell you he copied the principles underlying the birthday? Don't assume.

You mentioned something important here; the reasons behind the celebration. For every action there is a motive and you have shown here that motive is very important. Without motive, that very act is useless. Without those underlying reasons you stated up there, the celebration for the pagan is meaningless. it is the motive that makes the birthday, it is the reasons above that makes the birthday pagan, it is not the birthday itself. So for the Christian celebrating his birthday today what is his/her intention? it is that intention that makes the celebration, you cannot take it away.

If pagans name the days after spirit entities, what is that to you?

though we are gentiles, we are expected to abandon the practices we had that are pegan and involve pegan worship on becoming a christian.

That you are still carrying your bags and baggages along into the "christian church" puts you at risks.

The bible said we are to abandon the secondhanded things of the world on becoming a christian.

Are the directive of how to worship Yahweh not enough for you as recorded in the bible?

Why not work on only his provisions as not to risk error and his wrath?

The christian way is called the "narrow way"

why do you think it is called ^^^ the narrow way?

Do you think it is the narrow way for fancy? No.

It is narrow because "trailers"(Chrismas and other and any how form of worship is not allowed)

you have miss the narrow gate because you are driving a "trailer" and the gate is too small for you.

Drop your extra extra baggages.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

The bible must mention everything associated with His plans of which Jesus is one of them.................so now we are to go into graduation parties??............right??...........you want us to talk about graduation parties??....then start a thread giving me a brief history of graduation parties and tell me if they are pagan......that's the same thing the Op did with xmas...............

You have not yet concluded with xmas you want to run to graduation............smh!!!!!!..........
The only proof you guys have against birthday is because the bible recorded that a pagan celebrated it, it never stated that a pagan started it. So am telling you tthat you are been selective in your judgement. Am pretty sure that even before the time of Herod there are people who celebrate birthday. Mind you people exited before the bible were written so basing your arguement on the issue of birthday based on what is written in the bible to conclude that birthday is pagan is illogical/basless and more over, the bible recorded Herod's birthday to show the circumstance that lead to the death of John and not to render it a pagan worship.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2012
Todaynatoday: Okay, this thread has gone on for too long. Can we end it with this verse?
Romans 14:22
New International Version
(NIV)
22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.
Blessed is the one who does not condemn
himself by what he approves.

This is one of the best post on this thread. Thank you
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:54am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Common... Stop reasoning like this. Must the bible mention everthing. After i graduated from the university. Me and my close friends went for a thanksgiving service after which we heard a get together at my place in school just to celebrate our five years stay in school From your judgement, we are now idol worshippers cos no where in the bible did the early christians celebrate graduation party. So if i may ask, which spirit is attributed to graduation party.

so, is graduation party pegan and is it used for worship?

If no. Then you are missing the point here.
Peace

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 9:56am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Are you now forcing me for an interpretation i don't make excuses. Have told you what to do next time. I have moved on (long ago). you are still dwelling in the past.

Just tell us you have no different interpretation to your statement because it was clear as daylight. no one is forcing you for any interpretation because it has no other interpretation except what is there for us all to see.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 9:56am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

The bolded and the bit in red was the attraction. God has no birth date and God cannot die as well. It goes together. If i cannot celebrate God's birthday because he does not have one, i cannot commemorate his death because he no dey die. abi? anyways make i leave matter.
In the long run you should knw where I'm heading at na....I'm trying to debunk both the trinity and xmas put together.....grin......

Bottom line:::...xmas has no scriptural foundation...........its just crazy......
people can do what they like but let's respect our Lord and stop squeezing him into paganism.......that's the point of this thread......xmas is a big LIE...let's teach our kids the truth.....
Zikkyy:

Lol.............na ona cause am too......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:57am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:
you are still a trinitarian that avoid trinity thread so that you dont abandon trinity and also Chrismas rice.

Chop chop guy.

Red stew was a problem to esau, you better watched your self befor red stew land you in problem.

I no fit laugh grin grin Lol!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 9:57am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

the dude is as slippery as trinitarians on this chop chop thing.

If you check most of his comments, rarely is there a biblical reference in any of his points, take note.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 9:58am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy: I did not read this bit very well.

Hahaha grin you are relying on sister plappville's attestation? Lol! grin now that was funny. You don't know the posters on this thread smiley

Bro, what do you actually want to achieve from this thread if you're not really ready to learn or teach?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:58am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
From what you just said above, i can relate it to the fact that i am wearing a shoe and you just standby and be shouting that i should remove my show cos its painful to me were as you are not the one wearing it but me. I still dont see how my birthday relate to that of a spirit/idol, neither do i go to any shrine to make sacrifice to any gods.

if you use it in the worship of Yahweh or the praise of his son Jesus christ then you have miss fired.

We are here doing all this talking because it is use for christian worship. QED
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Good. It is right to commemorate the last supper abi? Then you are no different form us because on the day you are commemoratin it, am sure there is a spirit/idol that is related to that particular day. So you just proved yourself to be an idol worshipper just like you said we are.

Lol.....we commemorate the last supper(sacrificial death) of Christ on the date he instituted it.......again Jesus gave the command....how you want to relate this to your pagan xmas that is a fraud and a lie would make me never reply you again on this topic.....................the only spirit that is in charge of the commemoration of Christ death is the holy spirit.......as for your christmas you know it is the spirit of the world that's in charge.......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

the dude is as slippery as trinitarians on this chop chop thing.

Lol! grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

so, is graduation party pegan and is it used for worship?

If no. Then you are missing the point here.
Peace
Good... and i still dont know how birthday party is used for worship. Plz tell me.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:03am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

this are the errors of Chrismas and trinitarians.

Yahweh is the almighty God and not Jesus christ:

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3).

But Jesus also bears the title God also but might God:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,

"The mighty God",

The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).

Dont be deceived.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 10:05am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

This is one of the best post on this thread. Thank you

Don't feel too happy.....todaynatoday knows xmas is a fraud and he isn't a celebrant.......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:08am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:

Jesus commanded it no offence please.

Were did Jesus command you to celebrate chrismas.

Dont be a worker of "lawlessness"

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you workers of lawlessness" (Matthew 7:23)
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 10:10am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
The only proof you guys have against birthday is because the bible recorded that a pagan celebrated it, it never stated that a pagan started it. So am telling you tthat you are been selective in your judgement. Am pretty sure that even before the time of Herod there are people who celebrate birthday. Mind you people exited before the bible were written so basing your arguement on the issue of birthday based on what is written in the bible to conclude that birthday is pagan is illogical/basless and more over, the bible recorded Herod's birthday to show the circumstance that lead to the death of John and not to render it a pagan worship.

What about pharoah na and all the birthdays of zeus,artemis et al.........??........going by the bibles standards no servant of God celebrated birthdays..its as clear as day.........birthdays was never a custom of Gods people....it has always been of pagans.......why u dey argue like this??....abi the harmattan dey worry u??..........

I can't stop you from celebrating your birthday,........I'm only worried because you are projecting such pagan custom on Jesus the holy servant of GOD...........the xmas has and would never be to the glory of God and his son........its all to the glory of presumptuous people who want to indulge in self gratification while hiding behind the cloak of christianity......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 10:13am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.....we commemorate the last supper(sacrificial death) of Christ on the date he instituted it.......again Jesus gave the command....how you want to relate this to your pagan xmas that is a fraud and a lie would make me never reply you again on this topic.....................the only spirit that is in charge of the commemoration of Christ death is the holy spirit.......as for your christmas you know it is the spirit of the world that's in charge.......
LOL... Good to hear that. Now what will you say of angels that were rejoincing when Christ was born? Lk 2:12-15.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 10:20am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

What about pharoah na and all the birthdays of zeus,artemis et al.........??........going by the bibles standards no servant of God celebrated birthdays..its as clear as day.........birthdays was never a custom of Gods people....it has always been of pagans.......why u dey argue like this??....abi the harmattan dey worry u??..........

I can't stop you from celebrating your birthday,........I'm only worried because you are projecting such pagan custom on Jesus the holy servant of GOD...........the xmas has and would never be to the glory of God and his son........its all to the glory of presumptuous people who want to indulge in self gratification while hiding behind the cloak of christianity......
I keep on telling you... the bible didnt record everthing, neither are you expecting the bible to have a set out rule of our day to day activities. Going from the bible standard, no early christian enrolled in NYSC, but now you are a copper. Will you then say that you are going against the bible standard. I raised the issue of celebrating graduation party. You said i should provide its history. Assuming am to pick my history from a buddist country where the student engaged in graduation party, will you then say that its of pagan origin knowing fully well that there are christian country where such are been celebrated.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 10:22am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
LOL... Good to hear that. Now what will you say of angels that were rejoincing when Christ was born? Lk 2:12-15.

And here goes rich4God asking the same questions that have been answered.....rich4God we go fight gidigbo o....grin.................plapville and I think todaynatoday answered this question and even myself.......scroll back and read the comments.............the angels rejoiced that the means by which humans would gain eternal life had been sent to the earth ....they did not commemorate Christ birth........the angels did not do xmas.........did they??......you think the angels are pagans ??........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 10:24am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:
though we are gentiles, we are expected to abandon the practices we had that are pegan and involve pegan worship on becoming a christian.

Good talk! and we have done just that. All pagan practices have been dropped. What we do now is ensure we don't practice anything that is against the commandment to Love God and neighbor. We are so in love with God we decided to celebrate the coming of Christ by dedicating a special day for some extra special 'spiritual sessions' and subsequent jollification grin it's not that we don't do it everyday, it just that you can't have a public holiday on a daily basis, so the merry-ment on that special day is truely...... 'special' grin and we so loooove our neighbors we decided to give gifts as well grin so what wrong with that? tell me angry
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 10:24am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

Jesus commanded it no offence please.

Were did Jesus command you to celebrate chrismas.

Dont be a worker of "lawlessness"

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you workers of lawlessness" (Matthew 7:23)
I keep on saying this, you all are been selective in your judgement. Who professed to you to make use of a compiled bible. Why not go and pick/carry the scroll in which the early christians used, or better still make your translation using ink and written on scroll.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:26am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Good... and i still dont know how birthday party is used for worship. Plz tell me.

birthday celebration glorify/worship the spirit/demon of the day of ones birth.

It is self worship on the notion that the individual "is a god" as satan hes told eve in eden.

That the day is the day that "you" the god ways born.

Chrismas is just the same thing and they used it in the church today.

That you dont know does not mean that ignorance is an excuse.

It does not mean that Yahweh does not know it origin.

and that is why it is safe to walk on the thin rope of what the bible says as to avoid mistakes like this.

You cannot be eating in the temple of God and the temple of idol the bible says.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

this are the errors of Chrismas and trinitarians.

Yahweh is the almighty God and not Jesus christ:

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3).

But Jesus also bears the title God also but might God:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,

"The mighty God",

The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).

Dont be deceived.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 10:29am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Good talk! and we have done just that. All pagan practices have been dropped. What we do now is ensure we don't practice anything that is against the commandment to Love God and neighbor. We are so in love with God we decided to celebrate the coming of Christ by dedicating a special day for some extra special 'spiritual sessions' and subsequent jollification grin it's not that we don't do it everyday, it just that you can't have a public holiday on a daily basis, so the merry-ment on that special day is truely...... 'special' grin and we so loooove our neighbors we decided to give gifts as well grin so what wrong with that? tell me angry
Its obvious that from their response, they never want to learn. WAny time you site an example that butress their point, they ask you to open another thread on that topic. Am not a religion freak... But i hate it when people try to be selective in things that matters about faith.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Todaynatoday: 10:32am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Don't feel too happy.....todaynatoday knows xmas is a fraud and he isn't a celebrant.......
Yes, I don't attach much importance to Christmas or birthday celebrations. I just want us to end this thread amicably or else this thread would just be like the angel Michael=Jesus thread, never-ending.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 10:32am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:
people can do what they like but let's respect our Lord and stop squeezing him into paganism.......that's the point of this thread......xmas is a big LIE...let's teach our kids the truth.....

Depend on how you celebrate it. You no say oyinbo dey spice up their activities, that's why you dey see santa dey run up and down for christmas time, and africans wey like to imitate oyinbo go also dress up like santa too (the reason you have black santa). But my worship and chop-chop no be lie. If to say you visit me that day and sample that special chop-chop you go know say that food no fit be lie grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply)

How To Understand Mathew 10:34 / Photos From Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Birthday Ceremony / Church Members Flog The Ground (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.