Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage (30588 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry / You Must Get Pregnant Before We Can Wed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
awatefe:

the best post i have read on this issue.
honestly,i tell ya wink
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by vanstanzy(m): 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
J12:

Huh? So what is is "ok"?

A marital union lies in the acceptance by both parents of the proposed spouses (which is called "INTRODUCTION"). Then after that the procreation can start in earnest, not before. No be me talk o, the Holy Bible said so.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by timisnup(m): 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
:oYou guyz like relationship talk Oº°˚˚°º ....see how comment yapa
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by ghettodreamz(m): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
34years old? And still doing yanga?

@OP, why must you be scared the guy might leave her if she refused to get pregnant for him before they tie the knot? Why are you taking paracetamol for someone else's headache na? Abi, na you be the cousin ni?

Let her wait for 2 more years,by then nobody would need to preach her into finding someone, even if na danfo driver grin grin grin

Some Nigeria ladies sha? undecided undecided undecided *SMH*
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by toprealman: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
tchidi: Dunno about others, but I have a strict 'no sex b4 marriage' rule!! If u can't wait till we r married, (not even traditionally sef, church!) Then back off! She should hold fast to her values! If he loves u, he'll love u even if u don't give him a child... My 2 cents sha! undecided

Heard some will 'hold fast' till AFTER honeymoon!
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
gsalvatore: Nobody wants a Non-Tested Marchandise.
so women have now been reduced to a marchandise.can a woman's worth be qualified or quantified as a merchandise shocked whatever happened to putting the cart AFTER the horse shocked

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Koolking(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
In a typical Nigerian way of answering question (with question). Is there any similarity between pre-marital sex and pre-marital pregnancy? If a lady has been experimenting with pre-marital sex, why is pre-marital pregnancy a 'NO'?

Hypocrisy!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by 2good(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
tchidi: Dunno about others, but I have a strict 'no sex b4 marriage' rule!! If u can't wait till we r married, (not even traditionally sef, church!) Then back off! She should hold fast to her values! If he loves u, he'll love u even if u don't give him a child... My 2 cents sha! undecided

If you are 30+ you will not type your response above. You are probably still young hence your response. Also love as quoted by women is over rated. People work together to make marriage work and not just love!
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
ghettodreamz: 34years old? And still doing yanga?

@OP, why must you be scared the guy might leave her if she refused to get pregnant for him before they tie the knot? Why are you taking paracetamol for someone else's headache na? Abi, na you be the cousin ni?

Let her wait for 2 more years,by then nobody would need to preach her into finding someone, even if na danfo driver grin grin grin

Some Nigeria ladies sha? undecided undecided undecided *SMH*
yorubas say the water any human being will drink will not pass them by,which is the english version of saying delay is not the same thing as denial,they are 2 different words shocked

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by vanstanzy(m): 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mustymohd2: to me any lady i Bleep b4 getin married, true 2 god i wont promise her hnd of married

Great guy! Ladies don't be scr*ewed be4 marriage, GBAM.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by vivianc(f): 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
Them never even conceive the man wey go give me this kind condition!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by VENUSS(f): 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
iamtheprincipal: This issue has always been one that has raised certain concerns from different quarters as it's unbiblical but the waywardness and lost of values in our present day young ladies leaves much to be desired as it has eroded the 'trust' factor that existed in the days of our fathers and made most men absorb this concept of pregnancy before marriage.
Men are scared of getting married to their 'FELLOW MEN' and hence, their decision.
what do you mean. fellow men. ur idea is so disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by dederocs(m): 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
why are u scared?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
Koolking: In a typical Nigerian way of answering question (with question). Is there any similarity between pre-marital sex and pre-marital pregnancy? If a lady has been experimenting with pre-marital sex, why is pre-marital pregnancy a 'NO'?

Hypocrisy!!!!

abi o.talking of double standards.men wanting to eat their cake and still having it.they make the rules and still break it.rape minors and still wants a virgin,experiment with all the girls and now want to turn one to after one before marriage.smh

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by babymama3: 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
I hope he has an evidence of his STD status sef
Who knows wetin e carry

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
At 34, she is quarter to menopause. The guy wanna be sure. If she is not ready to play ball, the man can move to younger ladies and she will have no fiance. She beTter do it quick

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by babymama3: 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
Billyonaire: At 34, she is quarter to menopause. The guy wanna be sure. If she is not ready to play ball, the man can move to younger ladies and she will have no fiance. She beTter do it quick

I bind your mouth!
It is you that is nearing manopause

Life begins at 40 please

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by 2good(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
baby_mama:

I bind your mouth!
It is you that is nearing manopause
Life begins at 40 please

Binding one's mouth will not erase reality. Try to understand that. But the final decision still lies with her and I hope she doesn't become so over desperate with even lower standard when this opportunity passes her.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by gbanikiti(m): 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Yipeee! My thread finally makes front page! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by ghettodreamz(m): 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
kulyie: yorubas say the water any human being will drink will not pass them by,which is the english version of saying delay is not the same thing as denial,they are 2 different words shocked

The water one will drink, shall not run down the stream before one fetches it, true that. But, heaven help only those who help themselves, sha, I am not asking her to succumb to her suitor's advances here, but she need to be quick and smart in making decision, she is already in her mid 30's and not yet married. Bro, time is tissue, the earlier she make up her mind about things, the better. If she has chosen to turn down the offer, then let everybody respect her decision, value and opinion, it's her life and it's right in her hands, so let her be the architect of it, after God.

It's never too late, I guess... I once had an aunt that got married at the age of 33, albeit she got married before getting pregnant, and today she is enjoying her home. There's time for everybody, let her keep waiting on the Lord for the perfect timing (considering the fact that OP said, she's a good girl). Hopefully she would found that someone special for her, that would accept her for who she is, respect her views, values and opinions without meaning or wanting to change her.

Truth be told, stubbornness isn't a good trait and might be injurious to one's life, most esp the ladies.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by dammytosh: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
berem: It seems it has become a new trend for some men to request for their spouse to be to be pregnant fIrst before the proper marriage takes place.I have had the opportunity to ask about 20 yet to be married men and 15 of of them wants their wives to be to get pregnant first.I also asked them why they wanted it,I was shocked when they all said "I don't trust nigerian girls these days".
I have a cousin who is gonna be 34years by next year and she is not yet married.There is this guy she was introduced to for marriage but the man gave her condition that she must get pregnant first.My cousin being a very stubborn lady refused and said she will never get pregnant before marriage.Her mum has been worried because of her age and also being the first daughter.
My main worry now is that her mum wants me to advise her on what to do.Right now am confused.I don't know what kind of advice to give.Should I advise her to get pregnant or wait for the right time? Am really scared the guy might leave her if she refuses to get pregnant first.

It is a lie. Any lady that falls for that bait is on her own. The guys calculate your safe period and will always pretend to work hard to get you pregnant during your safe period. It is a simple way of asking for free sex and the same time tell you not to disturb him for marriage.

The last Bomb Shell. Get pregnant and he will be on his knees that you should abort it so that you prepare properly that it caught him un-aware.

Run from such guy. Don't compromise your values. The only way to get a guy who trueely loves you to marry you quickly is to deny him sex till after marriage. It is not easy but use your brain.

- My Penny

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
faporori24:

See this MUMU sha you want me to married second hand used wife after she don trow all child on her womb away, you must be joking you want me to married TOKUNBO sex and get pregnant then we go do wedding chikkenna nonsense.

U don't even know me n u r calling me names? Symptoms of illiteracy!! Ur post sef no get head!! undecided undecided

All of u quoting me, I didn't say I was a standard for anyone to follow. Everyone has his or her life to live d way it suits u. Leave mine, and live yours. Shi ke nan! Ba do le ba ne! cool

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
gbanikiti: Yipeee! My thread finally makes front page! cheesy

No wonder comments come full everywhere for my profile! Nne congratulobia!! grin
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by VENUSS(f): 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
ok, lets say she gets pregnant and after the wedding she lost it and is finding it difficult to concieve. what will become of her. God bless all the paitient, loving men that dont give such conditions for mariage.

I know of sombody who made his girlfrnd did an abortion, when they later got married she could not concieve for years and they divorced due to mother inlaw's pressure . MEN STOP THE PREGNANCY B4 MARRIAGE ACT.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by gbanikiti(m): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
Thanks a bunch o! No be beans to enter front page.
tchidi:

No wonder comments come full everywhere for my profile! Nne congratulobia!! grin
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by babymama3: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
VENUSS: ok, lets say she gets pregnant and after the wedding she lost it and is finding it difficult to concieve. what will become of her. God bless all the paitient, loving men that dont give such conditions for mariage.

I know of sombody who made his girlfrnd did an abortion, when they later got married she could not concieve for years and they divorced due to mother inlaw's pressure . MEN STOP THE PREGNANCY B4 MARRIAGE ACT.

I have a relative that got pregnant and the man happily came and started the traditional rites,the pregnancy ended up being ectopic,she almost died,lost a Fallopian tube and the man abandoned her and ran four forty.Any woman bowing to this demand is a fool
You can never satisfy him

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
gbanikiti: Thanks a bunch o! No be beans to enter front page.

Are you same as berem? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Sike(m): 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
DONT BLAME THOSE MEN... LADIES NOWADAYS CAN NEVER BE TRUSTED WHEN IT COMES TO THE TOTAL COUNT OF ABORTION THEY HAVE DONE ALREADY.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
Vikin:

Are you same as berem? undecided

O juo Beati... undecided tongue
Yes she is.... wink

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by ThomasAnongu(m): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
Are u a Virgin? If yes den, ur guy shud b allowed by u to b taping d current outside pending d church wedding since he may not b virgin
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by planetuzor(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ds is a women dominated thread!
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by LesbianBoy(m): 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
OP if your cousin doesn't like it she can go to HELL(the deepest part) jare! What RUBBISH!! angry angry grin grin grin grin if she was in her 20s i for understand, she is even 34yrs and still doing shakara....Imagine!! *spits* The man is even PITYING her sef, he should leave her FLAT a$$ asap its her LOSS! Trust me it will be HARD for her to get another man(who wants marriage) at that age because MOST men don't want to marry OLD CARGO!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Sister Wants Court Marriage, Her Husband Doesn't. Advise Her Please / NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband / Tunde Ayeni & Adaobi Alagwu In Paternity Tussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.