Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,457 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage (30581 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry / You Must Get Pregnant Before We Can Wed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
O.T.I.S:

you sound more like a teenager student and still have a long way to go when it comes to life and marriage. am married for 12yrs now and blessed with kids. when you grow up, you will know that marriage is not all about you and your standard. for now i advise you stay closer to your parents (mum especially) than nollywood movies -----no offense.

A graduate for 3years now and working... Don't judge ppl till u know them. I don't watch Nollywood... And don't bother about me n my standards..at least u weren't rude while giving ur advice. Thanks.

Dr. Joe:

go and study your books and stop playing with that keyboard kid! the topic is for adults.

You too, if u don't know me, don't talk about me! Adults have never had d monopoly on common sense. (If this thread is anything to go by). Ciao! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by gbanikiti(m): 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nne you too much! Fire on sis!
tchidi:

A graduate for 3years now and working... Don't judge ppl till u know them. I don't watch Nollywood... And don't bother about me n my standards..at least u weren't rude while giving ur advice. Thanks.

You too, if u don't know me, don't talk about me! Adults have never had d monopoly on common sense. (If this thread is anything to go by). Ciao! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Burger01(m): 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
tchidi: Dunno about others, but I have a strict 'no sex b4 marriage' rule!! If u can't wait till we r married, (not even traditionally sef, church!) Then back off! She should hold fast to her values! If he loves u, he'll love u even if u don't give him a child... My 2 cents sha! undecided
Some ladies would become aunty and grow old in their parents house. Hmmmmm. O ga o..
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by jaymichael(m): 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
tchidi: Dunno about others, but I have a strict 'no sex b4 marriage' rule!! If u can't wait till we r married, (not even traditionally sef, church!) Then back off! She should hold fast to her values! If he loves u, he'll love u even if u don't give him a child... My 2 cents sha! undecided
na small pickin dey worry you.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by hallengray(m): 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
redsun:

grin grin grin

You are funny,"church!".

Very funny. You'll wait well o.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by 2good(m): 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
baby_mama:

Are you not the same person impregnating them and paying for abortions?
There are women who can be pregnant 50 times and yet no baby,don't you know that?
You might as well demand that she not only gets pregnant but delivers a bouncing baby boy before she marries you

For any man that contributed to the barrenness of a young woman,may you be childless too
That's fair IMHO
You cannot damage other girls and expect your own to be preserved

You must meet your match or your own akamu tadpoles will not swim with energy grin
Yes ke

very funny

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by gbanikiti(m): 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
Tchidi,see how dem dey attack you for this thread! cheesy
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Ngwakwe: 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nairaland should be rated 18 years and above to avoid this quoted comment below

vivian chinaza: Them never even conceive the man wey go give me this kind condition!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Dmantle: 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
getting pregnant before marriage=fornication

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
gbanikiti: Tchidi,see how dem dey attack you for this thread! cheesy

Nne'm oº°˚! See troublem oº°˚! I have no issues with people who get pregnant b4 wedding.. I have no issues with anyone living how they want, why dem de beef me? If I become old maid for my papa house (chukwu a man kwe), na dia problem ni? That's my wahala of nairaland! They can judge people without reason ehn! I actually learnt a few things from those who had sensible things to say... The rest,I just click 'ctrl ignore undecided'

3 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Burger01(m): 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
To me, if the cousin loves her man more than anything then she could get pregnant before marriage and at the same time proof him wrong on child bearing. On the other hand if the man loves her more than life itself he would marry her pregnant or not pregnant. But wait, don't they say love conquers all... Or are we saying love is not that important in a marriage?. If love is that important then either way it's 50/50..
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by leslieu63(m): 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
Impulse80: I not only endorse it but i recommend it also wink cheesy wink smiley What is difficult angry about it? angry undecided undecided get pregnant and we get married! angry SHIKENA!
gbam.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by nanaman(m): 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
berem: It seems it has become a new trend for some men to request for their spouse to be to be pregnant fIrst before the proper marriage takes place.I have had the opportunity to ask about 20 yet to be married men and 15 of of them wants their wives to be to get pregnant first.I also asked them why they wanted it,I was shocked when they all said "I don't trust nigerian girls these days".
I have a cousin who is gonna be 34years by next year and she is not yet married.There is this guy she was introduced to for marriage but the man gave her condition that she must get pregnant first.My cousin being a very stubborn lady refused and said she will never get pregnant before marriage.Her mum has been worried because of her age and also being the first daughter.
My main worry now is that her mum wants me to advise her on what to do.Right now am confused.I don't know what kind of advice to give.Should I advise her to get pregnant or wait for the right time? Am really scared the guy might leave her if she refuses to get pregnant first.

Can you ask your cousin if she prefers the insult of her in-laws if probably she gets pregnant late after marriage @ least we all know why the guy is insisting she gets pregnant before marriage..AGE.. Not advising she gets pregnant before marriage but she should put the other side into consideration as well and for ladies who say they cannot get pregnant before marriage..Which one would you prefer insults from in-laws (ibo especially),second wife or pregnancy before marriage.

Folks it is easier said than done,ask ladies who have gone through the trauma in marriage before you respond. We are in a setting where we believe child after marriage or what next ?? so, the issue of making a woman child bearing machine does not come into force here or which of you ladies would want to get married and not having kids of her own,its just for the good of the wife because if anything happens after marriage the man would look else,all he does his to beg which you would gladly accept as God's wish for you. Yes,we don't pray for it but it happens and we see it all around us. Some men are understanding in situation like this but it really depends on how both of them started. My advice to her is BE WISE.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
As a christain it is not biblical and there are fertility tests to confirm this child bearing issue and the rest is in God's hands. Moreover in a relationship where there is honesty and love from both sides pregnancy b4 marriage shuld not be an option.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by true2god: 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
kulyie: you make it seem like the only reason for marriage is sex and children and you make it seem like thats the only thing women have to offer.what the hell is wrong wit u men that you lack self control like this
Dats the primary reason. Evry oda tin na added value.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by kaboninc(m): 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2012

My dear, I so much love this your 'strict rule'. However, I'll advice you to be strong because when the hands of life touch you, like its touching the op's cousin, then that rule of yours will be put to test.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by SELFWORTH: 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
Hypocrisy at its best.

On one hand, we have men who want a virgin wife but don't mind testing other ladies as long the women in their own families are not tested by other men like a dripping tap.

On the other hand, we have women who know the right thing to do but due to pressure from men and relatives give away their virginity like peanuts to men (example of such men can be derived from a sample of the male posts on this thread) who do not respect them.

God shall be busy on judgement day!

4 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by SELFWORTH: 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
omo_to_dun: @OP
Respect the decision of your cousin and let her be. What is most important is what she wants for herself and not what any other person wants.

As for other Nigerian women on this thread claiming not to want sex before marriage, I laugh in 18th century English. After you lots have enjoyed sundry p.enises, you are now forming saint. Abeg make una go sidon jor.

By the way, 7th page, 209th to comment, so I give all the undivided glory to Almighty Obatala.

Uhh!

Will you make heaven?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by SELFWORTH: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
true2god: Dats the primary reason. Evry oda tin na added value.

....man made added value!

God created the institution of marriage but now that men have taken over, you can tell from the posts on this thread that chaos reigns.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
tchidi:

welcome dear, no need to be rude, we argue to learn. if i have to go by what you wrote, 4yrs in the university, extra 1yr NYSC, plus 3yrs and now working abi? if you are not in an intimate relationship now then i think i know your type.
in life, 'different things happen to different people differently' i wish you the best....cheers!!
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by SELFWORTH: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
omo_to_dun: ^
My brother, I am an atheist. There is no such thing as heaven.

So you have died and come back to life ? Or how do you know?

Just asking!
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Florena(f): 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
Burger01:
Some ladies would become aunty and grow old in their parents house. Hmmmmm. O ga o..
na wetin i dey think be dat oooo, i have like 2 friends dat re 19yrs each and they re married and livin fine......i dnt knw wat wil make a 35yr old lady 2 be single, although different time 4 different pple but i think it is wen u've seen too much in life dat u wil start havin problems wen u get married cos sumtimes u wil bliv u re right because u think it has happen 2 u b4, i dnt understand.....
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by favinvest: 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
Some people re nt bin practical here o..
@ 34yrs; her chances of seeing anoda guy is very very slim o. Someone may say re u God? I think dat person should go to churches and see am marry to Jesus types (over 45yrs but single).

If she trusts her self, I will advise both families to sit together and agree. Dat he marries her after she takes in.

After all d most important tin is parents agreement, nt d party called church or traditional wedding..

And 4 those of u dat said love. In africa we practice practical love. Dats why in some culture a woman family background will b checked even to 7 generations ago.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Florena(f): 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
Burger01:
na wetin i dey think be dat oooo, i have like 2 friends dat re 19yrs each and they re married and livin fine......i dnt knw wat wil make a 35yr old lady 2 be single,i ave a sister too she even celebrated her 35th birthday in grand style in her father's house!!! (no boyfriend in attendance) although different time 4 different pple but i think it is wen u've seen too much in life dat u wil start havin problems wen u get married cos sumtimes u wil bliv u re right wen u re nt,because u think it has happen 2 u b4, i dnt understand.....
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by fankasibe: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
I can only buy a goods if i'm allowed to test it and also has warranty.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by tomakint: 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
baby_mama:

Hehehe
Imagine
Girls are wayward ,girls are doing abortions,is there not a participating man at the other end?
I am a big fan of ur unalloyed bluntness when it comes to sensitive topics! Real men will wait for their 'wives' after marriage and if it 'happened' real men will not pester her to abort! Most times, men are guilty in cases like these cool

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by WAM1(f): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
Lol- lo ba tan- a ma wa daran Lori oro marriage yi o. These stories crack me up - the world is changing pregnancy ko nancy preg ni
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by vanstanzy(m): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ngwakwe: I don't support pregnancy before marriage, but it is the same as sex before wedlock (traditional or religious).

However, if I may ask:

Why was David fasting and praying for God to keep his first son he had with Bathsheba alive: You think the Boy is a Bastard, me no think so?

Because God was visibly angry and may have giving King David a hint somehow that the Child born out of wedlock with Bathsheba was going to die as a punishment. Remember, King David not only put another mans' wife in the family way, but also got the man killed because of the illicit affair and God sent a prophet to deliver this message to King David.
Being born out of wedlock, the kid was a bastard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If Your Husband Asks You To Dress More Sexily At Home / NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband / Tunde Ayeni & Adaobi Alagwu In Paternity Tussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.