Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports (43237 Views)

Africa's Top 10 Richest Footballers Of All Time / Supersport – Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Football Players / Kanu Tops Nigeria's 50 Greatest Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by ceejay80s(m): 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
Where is john fashanu lol
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by kallysky(f): 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
true2god: The greatest midfielder nig will ever produce b4 jj okocha.

what makes you so sure? have you take a good look at:

Dombraye.
Godwin Odiye
Sam Ojebode.
Haruna Ilerika
Dan Anyam
Joe Erico
Mutiu Adepoju
Edobor
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by donsteady(m): 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
how abt Wilson Oruma?
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by pat077: 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
and why is baruwa not on d list. Lol.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by BrutusOj(m): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2013
ifihearam: Where is sunday Oliseh
Samuel okparaji
Siasia
how do u read?siasia n Oliseh are bot on d list
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva:
Was it listed in ascending order or just randomly?Even if it was, it's still Supersport's opinion. The only thing i will agree with is that Jay jay Okocha and Kanu nwankwo are the greatest Nigerian players ever.

Me, I will put Yekini over Kanu anyday. He had more influence and goal scoring ability than Kanu.

afam4eva:
lol grin

You may be right though. people often confuse the fact that some people have been put in history books because of an event to mean that these people were one of the best eg Abiola etc

No min am!

Na pity party?

We are suppose to say he is great because he died? I hate democracy!

Benite: How come one person claimed 2 positions YISA SHOLOFUWE "35" "41"

He is that good. grin

So good, they listed him twice.

And no be Jay Jay. Na Yisa Shofoluwe Yisa Shofoluwe. cheesy grin grin grin

burning_spear:

For sure you do not know Chidi Nwanu and never followed his game! Wondering why you have to comment on someone you do not know. Watch USA 94 clips again!

Ko ba idi! (Make thunder strike your yansh)

Senseless kids talking crap!

What was in his game in 1994? Where was he before 1994 and after 1994?

Yeye pikin!

These are the people that would say Chris Katongo is better than Kalusha Bwalya because he played influentially in a tournament where Zambia won.

I hate democracy!

omiobo: Ah! Ojoro! Where is Garba Lawal and Samuel Okparaji?

People don't appreciate non-flashy talent.

Garba Lawal should be on that list.

krafty iyk: This represents the posters 50 greatest Nigerian footballers!!....i smell fowlplay in dis list...were are names like PHILLIP OSONDU(ZANZA...who was even more prolific than lionel messi of today), SAM OKWARAJI, RIKKY OWUBOKIRI(the 1st Nigerian to score d highest no of goals in Europe)..., EFANGWU EKOKU (the 1st NIgerian to play active football in premiership) , Etc....

IT IS SUNDAY!

GO TO CHURCH FOR DELIVERANCE AND STOP SMOKING THAT SHYT! Your brain is being fried, na only God fit save you now!

Let the pastor sprinkle that potent holy water on you, while he speaks in tongues to get the miracle to reverse your damaged brain.

Philip Osondu was more prolific than Messi? ...........................Weyree! Alakori!

Emmysteve: where is Emmanuel Ikedia

Do you mean Pius Ikedia? The perenial failure?

true2god: U r wrong. Maybe u havnt watched him play at all. Go and watch a clip of nig team at the seoul 88 olympic.

I have seen him. Not even better than Oruma.

la furia: the reality is, if we all are to compile a list of nigeria 10 greatest, we surely going to differ. club performance also a criteria and not just performance with the national team.

Well said!

jude33084:
How do you define a great footballer? For you to say Sám isnt a great footballer shows that you where not born then. Sir mathew Stanley in England is still taken as a football idol though his reign is almost 3 decades now.

At least I know Krafty iyk is puff, puff, passing.

What is the link of Sam Okwaraji to Stanley Matthews.

Someone please recommend a Nigerian pastor for these 2 guys.

AjanleKoko:

Bro, Chidi Nwanu played just 20 games for Nigeria in official competition, including the 4 games he got at USA '94.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chidi_Nwanu

No min am!
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Clemzy16(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
Where is this, Where is that? Be it Good or Bad, Nigerians will always complain. Nice one SuperSport.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by BrutusOj(m): 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
Emmysteve: who is Osaze to be on the lis? And where is Ikechuckwu Uche? This list is nothing but a trash. The only players worthy of mentioning here is Kanu, Okocha, . Rashidi Yekini,
stop d hate on Osaze..where were u wen he was voted AIT footballer of d year 2010?d topic is talkin abt Nigeria greatest footballer of all time.are u sayin Osaze has not been deliverin vry well or what?He has played all it requires to be on dis list...since u knw beta,remove his name from d list..
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by onatisi(m): 3:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

He wasn't a great footballer.
then what was he ?
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by chiefarian47(m): 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
Am not sure this is the true list from supersport cos i can't find my name.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
onatisi:
then what was he ?

A footballer.

What a moronic question!
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
Kanu is deservedly Nigerias best
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by mightiersa: 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
Some in d list don turn Nigeria legend for their mind.#LAUGHING STILL#
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by onatisi(m): 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

A footballer.

What a moronic question!
i had to ask u a moronic question for ur daft comment and dumb asessment of samuel.i believe in giving it back the way it comes.daft and dumb comments demands moronic response.ode,
how can u say samuel wasnt a great footballer.certainly you were either sucking ur mother breast when he was around playing or u were palying around ur house naked as a toodler.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
onatisi:
i had to ask u a moronic question for ur daft comment and dumb asessment of samuel.i believe in giving it back the way it comes.daft and dumb comments demands moronic response.ode,
how can u say samuel wasnt a great footballer.certainly you were either suckasdfing ur mother breast when he was around playing

You are a person!

You asked the question because you are a person!

That is what happens when you do not eat a balanced diet, the brain is starved of nutrients.

Now, person, explain to me how Okwaraji was a great player!
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by zumarock8(m): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
nedu2000: Mutiu adepoju ??....who is taye taiwo,osaze,mikel where the 'headmaster' is? & how is taye taiwo higher than agha'wonder' on d list,what has taiwo don't 4 our national teams

ur grammer got me confused
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by onatisi(m): 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

You asked the question because you are a person!

That is what happens when you do not eat a balanced diet, the brain is starved.

Now, person, explain to me how Okwaraji was a great player!
albino coach ,oya tell the whole world what criteria you use in definig a great player?dont come here with ur viewing center football analysis.i guess ur brain will only pick messi as the only great player in ur life .so just shut up when sensible ppl are analysing issues critically.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Bigballer2cool: 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
What the heck are these guys smoking?
What is John obinna Micheal #mikel doing on that list.
He is not worth it for now.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by stantob(m): 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2013
I.B.B should be there INTERNATIONAL BALL BREAKER.He is even better than Messi,untill his name enter there then the list remains incomplete.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by CohenJane: 3:53pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shinor: Dombraye.
Godwin Odiye.
Sam Ojebode.
Haruna Ilerika
Dan Anyam
Joe Erico
Mutiu Adepoju
Edobor

guy, you well at all with you and this your (Eddy) Dombraye?
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
onatisi:
albino coach ,oya tell the whole world what criteria you use in definig a great player?dont come here with ur viewing center football analysis.i guess ur brain will only pick messi as the only great player in ur life .so just shut up when sensible ppl are analysing issues critically.

You are a person!

You state why Okwaraji was a great player using YOUR own criteria.

Lets see what your daft criteria would be.

Cretin, we are waiting.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by delors(m): 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
So Peter Rufai wasnt among Nigeria's greats? I laugh by myself grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
delors: So Peter Rufai wasnt among Nigeria's greats? I laugh by myself grin grin grin grin grin grin

No. 11 on the list.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Ichel: 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
Taiwo, osaze, mikel shocked greatest wetin?? They 4get to include V. Moses grin Pls **SUPERSPORT, GO HOME YOU'RE DRUNK**
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by 50samuel(m): 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
What of garuba lawal? Fake list
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by kristonium(m): 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
nobody is talking abt Friday Elahor and Friday Ekpo?
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by jude33084(m): 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

Me, I will put Yekini over Kanu anyday. He had more influence and goal scoring ability than Kanu.

No min am!

Na pity party?

We are suppose to say he is great because he died? I hate democracy!

He is that good. grin

So good, they listed him twice.

And no be Jay Jay. Na Yisa Shofoluwe Yisa Shofoluwe. cheesy grin grin grin

Ko ba idi! (Make thunder strike your yansh)

Senseless kids talking crap!

What was in his game in 1994? Where was he before 1994 and after 1994?

Yeye pikin!

These are the people that would say Chris Katongo is better than Kalusha Bwalya because he played influentially in a tournament where Zambia won.

I hate democracy!

People don't appreciate non-flashy talent.

Garba Lawal should be on that list.

IT IS SUNDAY!

GO TO CHURCH FOR DELIVERANCE AND STOP SMOKING THAT SHYT! Your brain is being fried, na only God fit save you now!

Let the pastor sprinkle that potent holy water on you, while he speaks in tongues to get the miracle to reverse your damaged brain.

Philip Osondu was more prolific than Messi? ...........................Weyree! Alakori!

Do you mean Pius Ikedia? The perenial failure?

I have seen him. Not even better than Oruma.

Well said!

At least I know Krafty iyk is puff, puff, passing.

What is the link of Sam Okwaraji to Stanley Matthews.

Someone please recommend a Nigerian pastor for these 2 guys.

No min am!

Pastor ke grin why not Afah cheesy

Sir mathew Stanley is old school though older than the late Sám but both of them are old school wink
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Mandesz(m): 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
The rating is on what basis? Cos if in term skill and contribution 2 super eagles taiye taiwo is too close 2 d top. If is in term of club playes 4 mikel is 2 far below!! Moreover in whatever term where is ik uche,his brother,ogbuke, oruma, and odiah. No sense in the list
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
jude33084:

Pastor ke grin why not Afah cheesy

Sir mathew Stanley is old school though older than the late Sám but both of them are old school wink

I don't understand your old school argument o.

What is the link between Stanley and Okwaraji? How does mentioning the former help us prove the latter was a great player?

That is what I am not getting.
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sagamite:

He wasn't a great footballer.

Are you a learner?
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by ImpactWorld(m): 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2013
I believe the reason Kanu Nwankwo is placed above J. J. Okocha is because he played in more popular clubs and won more trophies internationally. In terms of personal skills, J. J. Okocha is undoubtedly number one
Re: Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports by Sagamite(m): 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gabbysky:

Are you a learner?

Is this another moronic question?

ImpactWorld: I believe the reason Kanu Nwankwo is placed above J. J. Okocha is because he played in more popular clubs and won more trophies internationally. In terms of personal skills, J. J. Okocha is undoubtedly number one

Jay Jay floors him anyday.

Jay Jay has more skills and more impact on a team than Kanu who does well on the bench most times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Onaolapo Pulls Pant Off After Commonwealth Win! / Lady Switched Off The TV At A Viewing Center & Got A Slap (Video) / You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.