Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? (33845 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by ujukala: 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
Tell me, what does your heart tells you when you sit crossed-legged in the church?
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by 5columnist: 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
mama bear: So tell me wat makes it wrong Datz wat I wanna knw undecided itz an unconscious act,diz different 4rm don't wear trouser 2 church or tie scarf on ur head... Like is it in d bible? Is it a sin? Re d crossed legs blocking anybody I don't get xplain plz

It is a big problem with religion ... There is absolutely nothing wrong with crossing your legs. As a matter of fact, it shows good composure in line with public places sitting enitquette.
It is a backward opinion and that is why they can't explain it. It is exactly like circumcision of women that most culture has dropped today. Generations kept doing it because it was passed down culturally to them. Your mum can't explain it because it is not wrong. No new knowledge can ever be acquired without questioning status quo. As for those laid back people who accept all bullshit shoved down your throat, you have yourselves to blame.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by cold(m): 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
Una don come again this new year with una shenanigans. Orisirisi questions wey una dey ask.@op,you do realise your God works in mysterious ways right? Some things are inexplicable to mere mortals like us. For instance why does a loving God let his people suffer? Why does an omnipotent God sit idly by & watch his loved ones blown to pieces whilst praying to him & singing his praises? Why does a Perfect God make imperfect beings & blame them for his mistakes?
These things are beyond the scope of human understanding. So when God says 'do not cross your legs' who exactly are you to question his judgement? Just do it jare & stop asking trivial questions
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by plappville(f): 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
Image123: and you can sell there as well since it is your father's house. you can even start living there or build a kiosk there.

Image...this thing is seen disrespectful because in Nigerian, we know young people dare not cross leg where elders are sitting how much more, they see a youth do that in the Church. The traditions of our fathers is what has been transmitted to the Church. People of a different culture/tradition will be disrespecting God if we are to generalise this crossing leg habit.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by MrTAnonymous(m): 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
mama bear: Please I really need an answer 2diz...

Is it bad to cross your legs in church?

I'm a catholic,I noticed each time I cross my legs in church which I do unconsciously, the wardens always tell me to drop them... Was in church with my mum today and she told me the same,I asked her why and she said I was in the presence of God, that I know but could it be that bad
I obviously know that but for christsake I'm not sitting in front neither is my dress short undecided
i wanted 2 ask dat question b/4,thanks 4 d question.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Image123(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
plappville:

What could make it offensive to others? She should now please others and displease herself....after all no one has provided this was a tradition of the Apostled!
Is that the way of the christian, to please yourself and displease others?
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Image123(m): 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
ujukala: Tell me, what does your heart tells you when you sit crossed-legged in the church?
Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Image123(m): 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
And your point is?
plappville:

Image...this thing is seen disrespectful because in Nigerian, we know young people dare not cross leg where elders are sitting how much more, they see a youth do that in the Church. The traditions of our fathers is what has been transmitted to the Church. People of a different culture/tradition will be disrespecting God if we are to generalise this crossing leg habit.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Are you minding them? All of this rubbish oju aiye moves that takes us nowhere.

One actually called me after the service and told me next time I should bring a real Bible, Paper and Pen to church because using my phone in church is wrong.

I said Ah thank you sir but it is not like I don't want to. . . I just can't afford them because I feel in order to stay true to the Christianity, I can't use a Bible made from paper other than the very type used during the time of Christ and in order to write on that kinda paper I need those olden days pen used on olden days scrolls. . .considering all these things are very rare, it is bound to very expensive. I have no choice naa. embarassed cry

At that point, I was expecting a swift kick in the ass but dude actually asked me why I am stressing myself when I can just go to the market or bookshop and get any type. Patapata it will not cost me N500. lipsrsealed

Yeah, I hate it when IT just flies over their heads. It's no fun. cheesy

Heheheheheheh

Sisikill, u no serious o. I guess d guy didn't catch d joke n sarcasm. Lol

I remembered entering a church where I was asked by d usher to switch off my fone. I told him sorry I can't cos I got my bible on it and I take notes with it.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by donofdons: 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
[b]Thous says the lord...your wealth shall be multiplied in quantum..you house shall last forever....her womb will be expanded and the
fruits quantified..you shall no no shame and neither shall you know sorrow for the angel Micheal have been sent with the sword to guide your
household and no demon how great shall be able to harm you for your name have been written in the book of life and therein shall it reside
until the end of time...All this is the promise of the son of man unto you and it shall come to pass only if thou marry your wife in a church
build upon the mount by the Jewish temple of all nation in Nigeria.
But if you refuse,
It shall come to pass that you house shall be shatters beyond repair and the seven fiery demons from the bottomless pit shall be sent forth by
the damned lord of darkness and the queen of the coast and her cohorts shall attack you from within and your spiritual shield would be shattered
and then you would understand the greatness of his might and you will speak forth like Nebuchadnezzar confirming the folly of your ways..
Hear me today and your name shall forever be in the book of life and refuse and you will be torn apart by vultures and forever you will be damned.
[/b]
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Goshen360(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
This topic can only be argued 'scripturally' or 'logically'.

Scripturally, we do not have anything against someone siting and crossing legs while in worship place. If a man does it, it might not be an issue but because it's a woman, now it's an issue. This is nothing but tradition - that is, if it can be done in one part of the world but cannot be done in another part of the world. That is not the gospel - whatever you can't preach anytime, anywhere is not for the universal church. Jesus and the Apostles warned against traditions of men.

New International Version (©1984)
You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men." - Mark 7:8

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. - Colossians 2:8

I was advancing in Judaism beyond many Jews of my own age and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. - Galatians 1:14

Logically, what is the explanation that crossing legs in worship place(s) is wrong?

1. Is it that it offends another person? If it offends another person, how?
2. Is it that the lady who crosses her legs closes up properly or opens up carelessly? which one?

If we are going to explain why it is wrong to cross legs in worship places logically, then we must explain or give the reason(s).

2 Likes

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
What an Absolute Embarrassment to Mother Africa.

This thread is Outright Appalling LoL
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by emmabest2000(m): 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
crossing legs in the church is total unacceptable full stop .
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Goshen360(m): 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
emma_best2000: crossing legs in the church is total unacceptable full stop .

With or without any 'logical' or scriptural reason(s)?
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
emma_best2000: crossing legs in the church is total unacceptable full stop .

aYo It's almost like you guys aren't real humans.

What kind of Forum is This?

1 Like

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
Bunch of Mindless Bots.

It's almost like i visit this forum and debate bot programs..

Like....Dummy Bot Programs.

Some of you Nairalanders are just too dumb to be Real shocked
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
Goshen, u've done well explaining. Let it fly, no point dragging it up n down. We know men prefer to old on to tradition and false doctrine than scripturally reasoning out issues.

1 Like

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Bunch of Mindless Bots.

It's almost like i visit this forum and debate bot programs..

Like....Dummy Bot Programs.

Some of you Nairalanders are just too dumb to be Real shocked

Then go away if u are fed up.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by jethrokay(m): 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hello guys. Happy new year. When I went to worship in one of the MFM parish sometimes last year. I uncontiously folded my arms, the pastor advised me against it, saying crossing of legs or folding of arms in the spiritual realm means you are not in agreement with what is going on. I accepted without any resistance, for my my prayer to be answered, I have to be in agreement. Guys these are simple things that we should not make issues out of. In a bigger church there might not be chance for the ushers to start giving reasons or explaining reasons for such things. If your are not comfortable with it you can ask authority after the service.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by holyyinkus(m): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sometimes we do make mistake by taking cognizance of some stuff dat really need to b addressed in church. hey , listen whaztever u do n don't feel like u av done sometin wrong i don't feel like there is much to b discussed abt it . just listen to ur heart n follow ur heartbeat .
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by plappville(f): 8:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
Image123:
Is that the way of the christian, to please yourself and displease others?

Tell us how is it a way of a Christian not to cross leg? Ur argument should be base on the Scripture! Is it wrong to displease oneself to please others?
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by plappville(f): 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
Image123: And your point is?

This is a Nigeria tradition, not from the scripture.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by May5(f): 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
plappville:

Home training should be done at home not in the church... grin grin; D; D; D
so are you saying a persons that crosses their legs while in church are not well train
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by tomzman: 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
plappville:

What could make it offensive to others? She should now please others and displease herself....after all no one has provided this was a tradition of the Apostled!
You know that not every issue is expresslly treated in the Bible. Apostle Paul admonishes us to do things with the consideration of the next person in mind so as not to make him fall. I personally have no issues with it but generally, In this part of the world, it is very difficult to separate culture from christianity and here, crossing of legs in public is seen as bad. So, anyone who looks around in Church and sees the OP crossing her legs would have uncomfortable thoughts and feelings about her. That moment, his mind has drifted off the service into something else. So, for the sake of that and so as not to attract unnecessary attention to herself, I believe the OP should try and avoid it.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by siaindeed: 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
Your relationship with God will determine your doing; if it is not good in the church, it is only Holy Spirit that will personally tell you since there is no where written in the Bible. No wonder Christ told His followers when He was about to go back to heaven that He would send a Comforter that would make so many things known to them that he wouldn't be able to tell them!
Holy spirit will personally come and tell you to stop doing that if it isn't good or else you put on immoral dressing that may defile the brethren.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
Crossing of legs have been described in many magazines as sex appealing or sexy. U knw all dese 'tips on how to attract Mr.x'.
So,mayb dats y dey dnt want it in d church. Since dey corrected me on dat once abt 7yrs ago in a Legion meeting, i have neva done it in a religious gathering again.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
Image123:
yet, you are not born again.
and how do you know that
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by tpia5: 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
What's with all these silly questions?

@ the person asking how others will know someone calling himself okija juju is not a christian.

I dont think a nigerian will be asking all these, or making this kind of brouhaha.

People need to come clean about their ethnicity and stop being trickish.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by tpia5: 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
This thread is now officially, a farce.

Theatre of the absurd.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Insecurity: Father Mbaka Absolves Buhari Of Blames / Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Gives His Wife ₦55M As Birthday Present / Brothers, How Do You Cope Sitting Beside Ladies That Bare Cleavage In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.