Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? (33850 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by aboladale: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
but y do you like crossing ur legs while in d church? Anyway, it depends on ur motive
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by fabj1(m): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2013
dere's absolutely nofin wrong in crossin legs in church. Dats meant 2 b ur fada's houz aite. Pls Jesus christ has taken away insignificant laws wiv d grace he's made availaible 2 us. NB. Also a catholic. Undastand ur pleigh.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by generalMod: 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
This should be culturally based. Sitting erect in the church is recommended and also enhance concentration.
In my village people that sit with their legs cross are referred to as lazy or unserious people.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by generalMod: 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
plappville:

Tell us how is it a way of a Christian not to cross leg? Ur argument should be base on the Scripture! Is it wrong to displease oneself to please others?
All things are lawfull unto me, but all things are not expedient: but I will not be brought under the power of any.
1Cor 6:12<KJV>
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Oluwalala(m): 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
tpia@:
just learn to take correction and stop rebelling at everything like a spoilt brat, geez.

ti tara e ni won so fun e!

there's nothing to explain!

This must be a joke, what's the correction about crossing your legs in the bible, like what do we need the bible for when physcophants like you,can twist it- christianity is in the heart, and not in the opinion of people, if you want to sit on ur head in church, then by all means do that, jus make sure ur heart Is in agreement with jesus christ
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by PHIPEX(m): 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
I laugh whenever I hear people insist that everything must be shown in Black and white in the Bible. Can anybody tell me where the Bible forbids smoking in the Church? Can anyone show me where the Bible say that it a sin to eat while the Service is going on? If we want to be logical we will certainly find 1001 reasons to do so and still claim freedom. But God gave us our conscience and the Holy Spirit to direct us in certain things that are not explicitly stated in the Bible.

@OP, you may not see anything wrong with what you are doing but LOVE is not necessarily about yourself but about others around you. If people around you are uncomfortable with your dressing or behaviour, it'll be wise to consider them especially in the Church. How much more when the Church Authority frowns at your behaviour, in such case it'll be better to obey than to Sacrifice but if you feel they are wrong, it will be better to find another church where your behaviours are not frowned at because as long as you remain there God will see it as disobedience.

Ec 5:1 ¶ Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

2 Likes

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by PHIPEX(m): 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
Double Post
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by tpia5: 9:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
^ please explain to the ayelala fellow and his cohorts.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by dino2006(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
I do this occasionally and unconsciously, though I have never been corrected before.
With this thread now, I guess I'l hav to watch it. No point, trying to prove any point or logic.
May God help us all.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by geosegun(m): 9:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
I don't know why some people can not go straight to the point.

1. Crossing legs while seated in some african traditions/culture/churches indicates disrespect to elders while talking.
It implies the person in question does not care a hoot about what the other person was/would be saying.
Its a replica of standing with both hands folded and rapped around ones chest. This indicates sign of stubborness on the part of the younger ones.
While not referring to other culture, in yoruba culture it implies stubborness.

I remembered venting my anger on my sister whenever she did that some years back.
To age-mates or acquitance this is understandable but not to people who should be listening to words of wisdom and
the experience of elders its a sign of disrespect cool cool cool.

2. Crossing legs while seated make ladies feel sexy and attract the opposite sex may feel Hot(Male)-Body chemistry differs, abeg grin tongue cool cool.
In the house of God ones mind and actions should be focused on God! cool cool cool
Like sitting infront of a man of God while preaching may distract his attention. thereby opening ones way to destruction.

Bibeli ni omo ti a n bawi toun warun ki, yi o parun ni, cry cry cry laisi atunse-Word
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by chacha3(f): 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
Well wether it is wrong or right to cross one's legs in church I don't know,but for me I feel its not right because I don't cross my legs in presence of my dad who is a mere mortal not to talk of in the presence of God. I believe HE is almighty and deserves our respect,I believe no one wil pay his local government chairman or governor a visit and then he/she will cross his/her legs while talking to him and all these pple are mortals created by God so as for me I don't do it niether do I browse or ping while in church. I may sound archaic but that is my view. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by SELFWORTH: 10:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
Many people claim to be Christians but God does not know them!
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by SELFWORTH: 10:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

All these holier than thou assholes that call themselves christians actually think that they know it all.. My entire family go to church with an Ipad or their phones.. No more paperbacks.... from the youngest to the oldest.. Its not a sin.. And I also cross my legs whenever I am in church.[/b]

Uhh!

You are either a Christian or you are not. There is no in between.

God is not interested in all the material things . Whether you take IPad to church or go with your scrapbook . There are things that you can do with the paperback holy bible that you cannot do with your iPad gadget but I expect only a true worshiper of God will understand this.

God knows human beings worship all these material things . He looks into the HEART OF MEN.This is where many miss it.

A "Christian " who calls his fellow brethren "holier than thou" and "assholes" to me sounds very far away from God.

By their fruits we shall know.

1 Like

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by SELFWORTH: 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
chacha3: Well wether it is wrong or right to cross one's legs in church I don't know,but for me I feel its not right because I don't cross my legs in presence of my dad who is a mere mortal not to talk of in the presence of God. I believe HE is almighty and deserves our respect,I believe no one wil pay his local government chairman or governor a visit and then he/she will cross his/her legs while talking to him and all these pple are mortals created by God so as for me I don't do it niether do I browse or ping while in church. I may sound archaic but that is my view. Shikena

Thank u

1 Like

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by SELFWORTH: 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
The road is very narrow and very few understand what God or who God is?

It's a simple issue being discussed here and if you fear God you will know the right thing to do.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by SisiKill1: 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
SELFWORTH:
Uhh!

You are either a Christian or you are not. There is no in between.

God is not interested in all the material things . Whether you take IPad to church or go with your scrapbook . There are things that you can do with the paperback holy bible that you cannot do with your iPad gadget but I expect only a true worshiper of God will understand this.

God knows human beings worship all these material things . He looks into the HEART OF MEN.This is where many miss it.

A "Christian " who calls his fellow brethren "holier than thou" and "assholes" to me sounds very far away from God.

By their fruits we shall know.

Things like what?
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by SELFWORTH: 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Things like what?

See my response above.

Have you ever been to the villages evangelising to people who don't have any water or electricity or no food?.

Have you ever conducted deliverance for a witch ?

Have you ever tried praying for someone who is demon possessed ? Will you approach him/her with an IPad?

Have you ever taught in Sunday school?

Have you ever ministered healing to someone who is very sick?

Can you lift your iPad to heaven during ministration like you will the holy bible in hardback?

If you haven't, nothing I say here on NL will make sense to you!
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by CoolKizzy(m): 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
edreesabiodun: See the problem I have with religion? Dogmatic bull!! How can you ask someone not to do something without a logical explanation and you expect them to take you seriously?

do u dip ur hands in ur pocket wit a stick of ciggerate in ur mouth wyl talking to ur father/boss?

Oya explain y dont u do it?
. . . Because it looks disrespectful shebi? Oya watz d difference, beta repent and fear God.

1 Like

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by SisiKill1: 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
SELFWORTH:

See my response above.

Have you ever been to the villages evangelising to people who don't have any water or electricity or no food?.

Have you ever tried praying for someone who is demon possessed ? Will you approach him/her with an IPad?

Can you lift your iPad to heaven during ministration like you will the holy bible in hardback?

Are you being facetious?
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by piero2u(m): 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
mama bear: Nor be quarrel b4 oooo... I jus ve issues wiv pple sayin tinz dey can't xplain.... undecided
It can't be so hard 2giv a tangible rison...anytin dat doesn't ve a rison in life is meaningless so it shudnt be an issue
This is the problem with women, right from time they can't obey simple instructions.
GOD: Don't eat of the fruit of the forbidden
tree.
EVE: why shouldn't I eat it, why is it
forbidden? It doesn't make sense

Eve eats the fruit and the rest is history.
To cut the long story short, DON'T CROSS YOUR LEGS IN CHURCH.

3 Likes

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
Just don't know why most ladies enjoy displaying their stupidity in the name of been civilizied and educated.. African culture frowns at women crossing their legs(inside church inclusive)
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by SELFWORTH: 11:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Are you being facetious?

Here we go again.

Liked I said, I don't expect many to understand what I am saying especially those who sit on TV in their cosy offices evangelising or Jet flying City ministers.

Please test it this Sunday and approach a demon possessed with your iPad and if at all you survive , you would not be able to speak let alone tell the story.

2 Likes

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
chacha3: Well wether it is wrong or right to cross one's legs in church I don't know,but for me I feel its not right because I don't cross my legs in presence of my dad who is a mere mortal not to talk of in the presence of God. I believe HE is almighty and deserves our respect,I believe no one wil pay his local government chairman or governor a visit and then he/she will cross his/her legs while talking to him and all these pple are mortals created by God so as for me I don't do it niether do I browse or ping while in church. I may sound archaic but that is my view. Shikena
I was enjoying your comment till I read your last sentense. Upholding african values does not make you archaic or inferior to anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by An0nimus: 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
PHIPEX: I laugh whenever I hear people insist that everything must be shown in Black and white in the Bible. Can anybody tell me where the Bible forbids smoking in the Church? Can anyone show me where the Bible say that it a sin to eat while the Service is going on? If we want to be logical we will certainly find 1001 reasons to do so and still claim freedom. But God gave us our conscience and the Holy Spirit to direct us in certain things that are not explicitly stated in the Bible.

@OP, you may not see anything wrong with what you are doing but LOVE is not necessarily about yourself but about others around you. If people around you are uncomfortable with your dressing or behaviour, it'll be wise to consider them especially in the Church. How much more when the Church Authority frowns at your behaviour, in such case it'll be better to obey than to Sacrifice but if you feel they are wrong, it will be better to find another church where your behaviours are not frowned at because as long as you remain there God will see it as disobedient.

Ec 5:1 ¶ Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.
And there's your answer folkssmiley 1001 likes

1 Like

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
SELFWORTH:

See my response above.

Are u saying the word of God on ipad is different from that on the pages of a bible? Is it the book that makes the Word or the content? Pls think about it.

Thatz why scripture says d word of God should be written in your heart. Peradventure you don't have an access to a bible, how do you survive?

Gosh! Don't tell me u still point the bible at people when during "deliverance"? I thought that was only done in home videos
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Ericsdm55(m): 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
Image123:
it's 'stand still' madame
This grammar thing sef. Just passing....
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
Lol at this thread really grin

When you are in Rome they say.......

I remembered one crossover night in Naija , I just decided to stop by Ikeja Christ embassy cos I was driving to Palmgrove and already late...the one next to pastor Chris okotie's church.....ehn

Then we started to pray ..... everybody closed their eyes and I started to pray like I was at rccg( moderately loud)...... I was embarrassed I'm not kidding and the most ridiculous scene? The members laughed at me... It wasn't funny but I will never go there if its the last place on earth Ever! embarassed

My church here, we sit in circles in groups( tables in middle) and sip coffee throughout praise worship and ministration, we turned our chairs and face the alter during sermon and 95% of the congregation both sexes cross legs.... no stress so how bout that?grin

OP obey the rules , it's wont kill ya! grin

1 Like

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Akiika: 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
Na wah o! Nigerians with dogma! all of these religious cult members fail to answer why it is wrong to cross leg in the church. Or is it...thou shall not cross leg in the presence man of God?...citizens of m.u.m.u kingdom.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by SELFWORTH: 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Are u saying the word of God on ipad is different from that on the pages of a bible? Is it the book that makes the Word or the content? Pls think about it.

Thatz why scripture says d word of God should be written in your heart. Peradventure you don't have an access to a bible, how do you survive?

Gosh! Don't tell me u still point the bible at people when during "deliverance"? I thought that was only done in home videos

I have said all I need to say. It's not my business if you don't understand or take it out of context.

Like I said in my initial comment, I don't expect many people to understand what am saying.

If you like, Continue carrying your iPad to do village evangelism. Nah you sabi !
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
Tee.... now that one pass me o! cheesy comparing iPad with different contents with a real bible??

There's nothing like a real bible you flip the pages ..... I know ! I'm archaic grin

3 Likes

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Goshen360(m): 12:16am On Jan 05, 2013
jidegirl12: Tee.... now that one pass me o! cheesy comparing iPad with different contents with a real bible??

There's nothing like a real bible you flip the pages ..... I know ! I'm archaic grin

See as I dey laf you in tongues.... grin You for carry 20-50 bibles because you want to read from 20-50 translations...and start/continue to flip pages... grin
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Oahray: 12:20am On Jan 05, 2013
Baseless dogma... Its unfortunate that churches ignore the weightier matters of christianity and harp on flimsy stuff. Even if she crosses her leg without any sort of indecent exposure it is wrong cos the religious leaders say so? Crap!
Just like the pharisees in Jesus' day. Removing the gnat and gulping down the camel.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Brothers, How Do You Cope Sitting Beside Ladies That Bare Cleavage In Church? / Spirit Boyfriend/Girlfriend & Husband/Wife: How True? / Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.