Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (30260 Views)

War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President / Agbaje’s Camp Tackles Fashola, Tinubu For Saying He's Too Old To Be Governor / Bola And Oluremi Tinubu At Their Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 04, 2013
If she contests the ACN governorship primary and wins it fairly, then it's a 60% possibility that she wins the governorship election.

#OluremiTinubu2015
#Eko O Ni Baje
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 04, 2013
CFCfan: After some self abnegation and immolation, I have come to the conclusion that Senator Oluremi Tinubu is the best person to occupy the Lagos state Governor's seat, come May 29, 2015.

Though she hasn't made significant contributions to Senate debates, her poise, charm, charity causes and her excellent political skills makes her frontrunner in d race to succeed the indefatigable Governor Fashola.

If she eventually decides to run for the office, be rest assured that She would become the first elected female governor in Nigeria. She would definitely continue from where Fashola stopped, ramping up the efforts to turn Lagos into the economic capital of Africa. The ACN machine is still a colossus in Lagos, nay the Southwest.

[size=18pt]U just want to hear what people will say abi Olorun o ni fun yin se...

Is it only their click that must be governors Else they will all be dying in office ni...
Beeni...
[/size]
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by global07(m): 10:03am On Jan 04, 2013
Tinubu a serious joker
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by kelvincoll(m): 10:03am On Jan 04, 2013
Abujafood:

Those are not valid enough reasons for her to contest. Can she deliver when she's given a chance?

OnPoint! U took the words out of my mouth

Imagine voting in Mrs Atiku as president all because of WOTCLEF or Miriam babangida all because of Better life for Rural Women.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by seanet01: 10:03am On Jan 04, 2013
jmaine: [size=14pt] . . . .The delusional thread even made the homepage . . . .What a Joke we have as Mods . . .[/size]
And how is it a delusional thread? Haven't we such threads before? Hypocrisy na him go kill you.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by solomon111(m): 10:03am On Jan 04, 2013
CFCfan: After some self abnegation and immolation, I have come to the conclusion that Senator Oluremi Tinubu is the best person to occupy the Lagos state Governor's seat, come May 29, 2015.

Though she hasn't made significant contributions to Senate debates, her poise, charm, charity causes and her excellent political skills makes her frontrunner in d race to succeed the indefatigable Governor Fashola.

If she eventually decides to run for the office, be rest assured that She would become the first elected female governor in Nigeria. She would definitely continue from where Fashola stopped, ramping up the efforts to turn Lagos into the economic capital of Africa. The ACN machine is still a colossus in Lagos, nay the Southwest.
how do you know she has the political skill when she rarely contributes to arguements/discussions at the senate.
What is her political antecedents?
What does she have to sell to the electorate?
Is she not one of those politicians riding on the backs of god-fathers?
What has she done to deserve the governorship position.?
So much for 'progressives'.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by makon384: 10:05am On Jan 04, 2013
ledafaze:

[size=18pt]U just want to hear what people will say abi Olorun o ni fun yin se...

Is it only their click that must be governors Else they will all be dying in office ni...
Beeni...
[/size]

@ Ladefaze. You are right on point. Is the government of Lagos State an exclusive preserve of a single family? Let them leave the scene joor
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by jmaine: 10:06am On Jan 04, 2013
seeDunce: And how is it a delusional thread? Haven't we such threads before? Hypocrisy na him go kill you.

See Satan dey tell demon say him be evil . . . .The Joke is on you bruv . . .waka pass make i see better post joor
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by TheKingsQueen: 10:06am On Jan 04, 2013

Though she hasn't made significant contributions to Senate debates, / her poise, charm, charity causes and her excellent political skills makes her frontrunner in d race to succeed the indefatigable Governor Fashola.

To whom much is given, much is expected. As she has not made any significant contributions to Senate debates where she has been elected to serve, what makes you think it is her poise, charm, charity causes and her excellent political skills that would make her succeed as Lagos State Governor? Let her first make an impact in the position she has been given already.

(Please, if you are looking for favours from the Tinubu family, this may not be the best way to go about it okay. Look for something else.)
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by seanet01: 10:07am On Jan 04, 2013
jmaine:

See Satan dey tell demon say him be evil . . . .The Joke is on you bruv . . .waka pass make i see better post joor
Lol. Na u sabi.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by boron10(m): 10:07am On Jan 04, 2013
If you all must know, Oluremi Tinubu does not need anyone's vote to win. She only requires the rigging power of her husband and yet they say we're practicing democracy undecided

When the son comes of age, he will also contest for senatorial position and later as Governor. You all should mark my word. Tinubu owns the key to the governorship position cool
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by NOIBMUUL(m): 10:07am On Jan 04, 2013
If you've been following Lagos State and ACN politics you can always tell that the former Commissioner of Environment; Muiz Banire will take the seat after Fasola and Dr. Femi Hamzat (Com for works) is not a bad choice too. However, anything is possible as long as Tinubu remains the godfather of ACN! He is as slippery as IBB!!!

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 10:08am On Jan 04, 2013
alj harem: See how wicked Nigerians are. What has the wife of a Lagos state thief done to deserve such post.

This is the main reason why ACN should not win Lagos 2015. Pdp should just present Ade dosumu and watch them win insha Allah.

At least consider the feasibility of a submission before you start working yourself up needlessly. Remi Tinubu is not becoming the next Governor of Lagos. That is the personal fantasy of the OP he has been spreading around the forum and you would do well to stop hyperventilating over the empty utterances, with no factual basis, stemming from the vivid imagination of others.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by israel007: 10:09am On Jan 04, 2013
so was fashola.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Rajman(m): 10:09am On Jan 04, 2013
ajasa4link: May the 201 gods in ile-ife forbid this....

Amen o
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by trix1: 10:10am On Jan 04, 2013

[size=16pt]Though she hasn't made significant contributions to Senate debates[/size], her poise, charm, charity causes and her excellent political skills makes her frontrunner in d race to succeed the indefatigable Governor Fashola.

So you admit she hasn't contributed significantly to the senate... So Poise, charm and charity causes are enough to make her the best person? If someone that has made zero significant contribution to her current role is the best candidate for ACN, then I pity ACN..

[size=5pt]Although I think you are just being sarcastic..[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by AK481(m): 10:10am On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: You are wrong. We ACN caucus already knows the next Governor of Lagos state.
First name starts with M and Last name ends with E.
Figure it out.
Muiz banire
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by kumbalo(m): 10:10am On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: You are wrong. We ACN caucus already knows the next Governor of Lagos state.
First name starts with M and Last name ends with E.
Figure it out.

Muis Banire
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by seanet01: 10:12am On Jan 04, 2013
We the real players know the standing candidate now. Though things can change. But we know how it dey go.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by kumbalo(m): 10:13am On Jan 04, 2013
An Ikuforiji or Ade Dosunmu wouldn't be a bad candidate
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 04, 2013
Senator Oluremi Tinubu could ride on her husband's coattails to win the nomination. Campaigning shouldn't be too hard for her, afterall, she had to do the same for her 2011 Senate race.

Tinubu still remains popular in d ACN, just as Bill Clinton is almost a Demi-god in the US Democratic Party. If not for Obama, Hillary Clinton would be US President by now.

Oluremi Tinubu can avoid Hillary's fate, and clinch the Chief Executive office (albeit as a State governor)
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by solomon111(m): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2013
It seems ACN has become too complacent.
They prolly think they have lagos locked down.
I see PDP giving them a rude awakening in 2015.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by aglomar: 10:18am On Jan 04, 2013
OP I'm sorry but ur reasoning is too shallow.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: We the real players know the standing candidate now. Though things can change. But we know how it dey go.

Leave those who enjoy crafting fantasy to dream. Remi Tinubu is not becoming the next Governor of Lagos. I can tell you all she still will not stand a chance even if the top 10 for the job suddenly all died.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by jmaine: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2013
CFCfan: Senator Oluremi Tinubu could ride on her husband's coattails to win the nomination. Campaigning shouldn't be too hard for her, afterall, she had to do the same for her 2011 Senate race.

Tinubu still remains popular in d ACN, just as Bill Clinton is almost a Demi-god in the US Democratic Party. If not for Obama, Hillary Clinton would be US President by now.

Oluremi Tinubu can avoid Hillary's fate, and clinch the Chief Executive office (albeit as a State governor)

Having dreams is great my bruv cheesy
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by tjskii(f): 10:20am On Jan 04, 2013
angryMscheewwwwwww angry,wich kain rubbish news be dis early friday mornin
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by lakesider(m): 10:27am On Jan 04, 2013
@OP U ar high on coke
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by foluks24(f): 10:28am On Jan 04, 2013
I Reject this prophecy in jesus name in as much as it is nt a family business.i doubt if ACN will have d votes of d majority dis time arnd
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by anonimi: 10:30am On Jan 04, 2013
The OP is just testing the waters based on the desire of his favoured candidate and the husband. In US politics, they have something similar called exploratory talks before formally declaring one's candidacy.
It is the same way that Ayatollah Buhari's boot lickers have been testing the waters on their retired MAXIMUM RULER DICTATOR's possible 4th attempt at the presidency.
If Lagosians are not VIGILANT nothing will stop Mrs. Remi Tinubu from becoming the next governor just as she became senator along with two other Tinubu family members in the House of Reps.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Smykell(m): 10:31am On Jan 04, 2013
The next governor for lagos state is mamowora olorunnmbe all ACN members and support knows that.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by surveyProf(m): 10:32am On Jan 04, 2013
cockyjay: Muiz Banire cool

If he is the one ACN is presenting, den I am afraid he is going nowhere!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 04, 2013
[quote author=timilehin007]As I dey be first to comment since ᵀᴴᴱ beginning of this year na by His grace..e easy ni? Lol
grin
personally say she'd make a very gud replacement..she's not doing badt aroh.!![/quote 'u ar d most jobless nl so far in yr2013'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Exposes APC Plans To Tamper With Card Readers Using Telephone-Like Device / Fg’s Plan To Cut Salaries Scares NNPC, CBN, FIRS Workers / NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.