Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (30262 Views)

War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President / Agbaje’s Camp Tackles Fashola, Tinubu For Saying He's Too Old To Be Governor / Bola And Oluremi Tinubu At Their Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by cfours: 1:27am On Jan 05, 2013
alj harem:
I mean WTF is this
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVUcfnlIOJBpJ-Ko28HlRwRjAodh5lz7D43oR0utWHSP-Hf-VBpg[/img]
Now look at tiunbu
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAyiFE73-hMoBvTASVy3cWAhCg7svdrR0ziIfS0qZrEztpH6f-Iw[/img]

Do you understand what I am saying. He is using Awolowo's name to get power which would have been good if he was working but rather he is just acquring more and more wealth for himself and family rather than the people he is leading over.

LOL I remember his "great minds think alike" campaign. where he ( Gov. Tinubu) put billboards all over Lagos to show that he, Awolowo and Ghandi look think alike. hahahah grin
I think there were TV ads about it as well.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 05, 2013
^^^
Tinubu don become Ghandi? shocked
Hahahaha grin. I think say na Oluremi Tinubu dey think like Ghandi. As OBJ would say, "I dey laugh".

#OluremiTinubu2015.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 05, 2013
CFCfan: @shymexx and alj harem: truth be told, Fashola isn't a pure Awoist. The tolling of some public roads would have been frowned upon by the late Sage, who provided free education to the then Western region.

Obviously, he isn't...

Only the Osun guy is an Awoist - the rest of the ACN governors are capitalists...
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 05, 2013
Tinubu has d potential to be the best President in Naija's history. He would only have to jettison conventional wisdom and pick one of Fashola, Obaghiagbon or Mamora as his running mate, to take Naija to d next level.
#teamProgressives.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by cfours: 1:55am On Jan 05, 2013
CFCfan: ^^^
Tinubu don become Ghandi? shocked
Hahahaha grin. I think say na Oluremi Tinubu dey think like Ghandi. As OBJ would say, "I dey laugh".

#OluremiTinubu2015.

did you live in Lagos while he was governor? you should have seen all the billboards.LOL
it was composed of a picture of Tinubu, Ghandi and Awolowo wearing similar looking eyeglasses. and then a quote next to the picture that says "great minds think alike"
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 2:00am On Jan 05, 2013
c.fours:

did you live in Lagos while he was governor? you should have seen all the billboards.LOL

I only lived a year into his first term before I moved to Enugu for my secondary school education. But during the July-September break, I used to go back to Lasgidi.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 2:23am On Jan 05, 2013
alj harem:

Nope Jakende is actually from Illorin Kwara state

Fashola is the third generation so yes he is an indigene that is why he is more passionate about lagos unlike his predecessors' Tinubu who just kept on stealing.

But regardless whether they are indigenes or not, Jakanda transformed Lagos and he was not an indigene.

Symexx no one cares if he is from any sub-group so long as he can do the job then people would vote for him. Please don't think I like Dosumu because he is Awori. Far from it, I love him because I know he would transform lagos by starting from where Fashola stopped.

Don't let this sub-group thing get into your head Shymexx angry. wink

Lets just do the right thing here.

Alhaji, it really is fascinating how you and others on this forum make a big deal of identifying the hamlet every Nigerian originated from.

Sometimes, you people who claim to be Lagosian confound me. I wonder whether you are talking about the same Lagos I know well spanning a period over 30 years.

We should start embracing modern ideas in a world where borders, and an indolent sense of entitlement, in an increasingly competitive world, are diminishing to be replaced by the notion that talent, ability and productiveness to society is paramount above everything else. Many of us should focus more on positioning ourselves and our kids competitively and correctly , so we can 'win', instead of fooling ourselves with any false sense of security, ownership or entitlement. By the way, who is Jakende and jakanda?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 3:56am On Jan 05, 2013
^^^That's wishful thinking in a tribalised society... There's nothing "indolent" about doing right thing within the context in which it's done.. It only becomes problematic when pseudo-modern thinkers continue to preach their idealist theories to the choir just to suit their own personal interests... If that's what is attainable across the board - why should Lagos be singled out by pseudo-modern thinkers for their idealist fantasies??

I'm just thinking out loud here...
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by talktimi(m): 7:22am On Jan 05, 2013
CFCfan: Tinubu has d potential to be the best President in Naija's history. He would only have to jettison conventional wisdom and pick one of Fashola, Obaghiagbon or Mamora as his running mate, to take Naija to d next level.
#teamProgressives.
you're joking right ?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 7:36am On Jan 05, 2013
shymexx: ^^^That's wishful thinking in a tribalised society... There's nothing "indolent" about doing right thing within the context in which it's done.. It only becomes problematic when pseudo-modern thinkers continue to preach their idealist theories to the choir just to suit their own personal interests... If that's what is attainable across the board - why should Lagos be singled out by pseudo-modern thinkers for their idealist fantasies??

I'm just thinking out loud here...

Shymexx, you really need to start deferring to those who have lived the experience instead of believing the "we own the land" brigade because it suits your disposition, persona and feudal outlook. I went to primary and secondary school in Lagos and I am there around 5 times a year. What do you know about the place to be so intolerantly vociferous whenever Lagos is mentioned? You are talking ignorantly of "tribalised society"? Why don't you leave your comfort zone and travel to Lagos and see things for yourself instead of using Nairaland as a social barometer? Do you think ethnic groups are openly fighting themselves on the Streets in Lagos because that is what obtains here?

Have you ever lived in Lagos? You are just displaying the lack of humility and inability to learn from others, especially genuine stakeholders, that prevents many making progress. Look, I live around the Bode-Thomas axis of Surulere. On my street are my pals who are non-Yoruba I went to school with and have known for over 25 years. They are more Lagosian than you are in my opinion - even if you sit here everyday 'claiming'. Importantly, we have all lived the nuanced Lagos lingo and life , from childhood, that unites us. You have not yet insist on behaving as if certain things are your automatic right. That is how I reason and it is more consonant and useful to what the world is today so stop the "modern thinking" crap as if I am suggesting the impractical rather than what exists on the ground as we speak while you and others keep touting what is totally incongruous with reality. When are you and others going to come to Lagos to claim your 'ownership pass' you will use to form over Tony Elumelu?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 05, 2013
Gbawe:
Shymexx, you really need to start deferring to those who have lived the experience instead of believing the "we own the land" brigade because it suits your disposition, persona and feudal outlook. I went to primary and secondary school in Lagos and I am there around 5 times a year. What do you know about the place to be so intolerantly vociferous whenever Lagos is mentioned?

Have you ever lived there? You are just displaying the lack of humility and inability to learn from others, especially genuine stakeholders, that prevents many making progress. Look, I live around the Bode-Thomas axis of Surulere. On my street are my pals who are non-Yoruba I went to school with and have known for over 25 years. They are more Lagosian than you are in my opinion - even if you sit here everyday 'claiming'. Importantly, we have all lived the nuanced Lagos lingo and life that unites us. You have not yet insist on behaving as if certain things are your automatic right. That is how I reason and it is more consonant and useful to what the world is today so stop the "modern thinking" crap as if I am suggesting the impractical rather than what exists on the ground as we speak . When are you and others going to come to Lagos to use your ownership pass to form over Tony Elumelu?

My point is that if it's not possible for someone like Chief Negro_ntns who has his ancestry in Lagos but was born and raised in Kano to contest for the governorship position of Kano, why should other people who're not from Lagos be vying to rule the place That's how the country works and people need to accept it...

Also, have you ever seen a Scot born and raised in London claim English ancestry?? Heck, Tony Blair is an English man born and raised in Scotland, did that change his English ancestry?? Despite being born and raised in Scotland, and also as a former British PM - Tony Blair still has no say in what goes on in Scotland... He's a non-entity over there!! It's the same thing everywhere in the world and all the pseudo-modernists need to start accepting that human beings are naturally territorial and that's the way it's going to be till the end of time...

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 8:36am On Jan 05, 2013
shymexx:

My point is that if it's not possible for someone like Chief Negro_ntns who has his ancestry in Lagos but was born and raised in Kano to contest for the governorship position of Kano, why should other people who're not from Lagos be vying to rule the place That's how the country works and people need to accept it...

Also, have you ever seen a Scot born and raised in London claim English ancestry?? Heck, Tony Blair is an English man born and raised in Scotland, did that change his English ancestry?? It's the same thing everywhere in the world and all the pseudo-modernists need to start accepting that human beings are naturally territorial and that's the way it's going to be till the end of time...

You and others need to forget about defining your thinking according to those trying to 'rule' anything. Believe me when I say those consumed with talking of how they rule this and that are the losers who have no individual achievements to their name and need to talk up themselves with perceived ethnic achievement/greatness. Politics and being able to 'rule' is not everything.

Most Nigerians are just consumed with securing a dignified life and it is sad we come here daily to arrogantly and egotistically discuss vainglorious sentiments while ignoring things that matter and can improve Nigeria for all of us. You know how many of these Cats here are losers living a 'rebirth' in greatness through Nairaland? Look, it is a new year. Make a commitment to look back more.

It is not just about reading all the intellectually fashionable books and running around thinking others are pseudo-modernist, 'appeaseniks' and fantasists. Has it ever occurred to you that you are taking your inspiration from losers and clannish folks who have arrived where they are because of their protectionist, prejudiced, non-practical and self-defeatist views? Look begin coming to Nigeria or even Africa , in general, more. Come and see if all this over-intellectualised garbage many obsess with , on NL, exist or matter on the ground.

Believe me when I say those getting the best out of Nigeria, or even any African country, are those who know how to manage people well and get the best out of them and not these clueless hacks here who polarise, alienate and divide needlessly at every opportunity. All what you and others obsess with here matter nought on the ground but only real experience can show you that.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 05, 2013
Gbawe:
You and others need to forget about defining your thinking according to those trying to 'rule' anything. Believe me when I say those consumed with talking of how they rule this and that are the losers who have no individual achievements to their name and need to talk up themselves with perceived ethnic achievement/greatness. Politics and being able to 'rule' is not everything.

Most Nigerians are just consumed with securing a dignified life and it is sad we come here daily to arrogantly and egotistically discuss vainglorious sentiments while ignoring things that matter and can improve Nigeria for all of us. You know how many of these Cats here are losers living a 'rebirth' in greatness through Nairaland? Look, it is a new year. Make a commitment to look back more.

It is not just about reading all the intellectually fashionable books and running around thinking others are pseudo-modernist, 'appeaseniks' and fantasists. Has it ever occurred to you that you are taking your inspiration from losers and clannish folks who have arrived where they are because of their protectionist, prejudiced, non-practical and self-defeatist views? Look begin coming to Nigeria or even Africa , in general, more. Come and see if all this over-intellectualised garbage many obsess with , on NL, exist or matter on the ground.

Believe me when I say those getting the best out of Nigeria, or even any African country, are those who know how to manage people well and get the best out of them and not these clueless hacks here who polarise, alienate and divide needlessly at every opportunity. All what you and others obsess with here matter nought on the ground but only real experience can show you that.

My line of argument has nothing whatsoever to do with "clannishness" - and more to do with "What's good for the goose is good for the gander." If there's an unwritten rule across the board that non-indigenes aren't allowed to rule in every state of the federation, why should Lagos be exempted from that?? Everything boils down to mutual respect and treating others how you want to be treated - and people need to stop taking advantage of the hospitality and "live and let live" attitude of the Lagos indigenes...

This is also one of the reasons why Nigeria is in the doldrums because of the inability of the people to understand the fact that "tribal" societies are always territorial and people need to respect one another's territorial integrity... The UK is a classic example of how a "tribal" society should be, and how every "tribe" within the society needs to be allowed to do its own thing without infringing on its territory... Our faux Americanism is our biggest problem - and most of the so-called Nigerian intellectuals seem to suffer from myopia about the history of America and how it's a different country entirely from Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Cunninlingus: 9:53am On Jan 05, 2013
and this crap made front page?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Adewunmis(m): 10:16am On Jan 05, 2013
CFCfan: After some self abnegation and immolation, I have come to the conclusion that Senator Oluremi Tinubu is the best person to occupy the Lagos state Governor's seat, come May 29, 2015.

Though she hasn't made significant contributions to Senate debates, her poise, charm, charity causes and her excellent political skills makes her frontrunner in d race to succeed the indefatigable Governor Fashola.

If she eventually decides to run for the office, be rest assured that She would become the first elected female governor in Nigeria. She would definitely continue from where Fashola stopped, ramping up the efforts to turn Lagos into the economic capital of Africa. The ACN machine is still a colossus in Lagos, nay the Southwest.
rubbish do u tink d ppl of lagos are fool like u.u want us 2 serve husband and serve wife.wat special abt dose thieves.na ur generation go safa til eternity.i reject bad tin 4 2013.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 05, 2013
Adewunmis: rubbish do u tink d ppl of lagos are fool like u.u want us 2 serve husband and serve wife.wat special abt dose thieves.na ur generation go safa til eternity.i reject bad tin 4 2013.

Abeg, take am easy. It's just conjecture cheesy
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by omokayode9258(m): 8:32am On Jun 07, 2013
Gaybriel: I wonder why we delibrate on someone's opinion. The op said it was his on idea yet we discussed it as if it were from a proven source. Besides, Muiz Banire is not an indigene of Lagos. Let's look for something to do rather than crucify our politicians for what they are not bold enough to say to the public.
dts d point bt dnt 4gt dt d auto tinubu is also nt an indigne of lag bt he ruled 4 8yrs. Lets suprt d bst hand nd nt 1 usles man wantn to put a whol state unda his family country. I DISLIKE TINUBU ND EVRYTHN ABOUT HIM
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by laudate: 12:07am On Nov 15, 2013
Oluremi Tinubu for Governor of Lagos? GOD FORBID!! angry

Has anyone bothered to conduct an indepth analysis of her stewardship as a Senator among her constituents? Abeg, make we hear word, jare!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 15, 2013
^^
She could spring a surprise grin
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by joseph1832(m): 1:25am On Nov 15, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
She could spring a surprise grin
Emm let me ask this, who made Fashola Governor? Who made Tinubu's daughter Iya loja of Lagos? Who made Oluremi Tinubu a senator? I believe anything is now possible as long as Tinubu is interested and it concerns Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 15, 2013
^^
With her husband's backing, her chances of winning will be over 70%
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by joseph1832(m): 1:43am On Nov 15, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
With her husband's backing, her chances of winning will be over 70%
Abi oh! They've turned Lagos into their personal property.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Reacts To Olu Falae's Ransom Claims / Fg’s Plan To Cut Salaries Scares NNPC, CBN, FIRS Workers / Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.