Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,586 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? (15309 Views)

What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo) / Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy / Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 06, 2013
lawizle:

Orisirisi..abi hoe_loshi!!!
i hope its not me you're referring to,because ill so give it to you anyway you want it.oniranu
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
Before nko? Na me na.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by mysticgal(f): 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2013
me and only me no choice,de day the tried collecting it i lost the remote and battery.fear me
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by wonda26(m): 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
Mehn, for my house, everything na based on seniority o.. Na so dem take train us. Mehn, if popsi dey main parlour, beside him chair, u go see him 2phones, &the 2 remotes (TV & decoder), who born any pikin to near dat stool? If na 1st born dey parlour without popsi &mumsi, na him get authority o (though, he nor dey too dey house), †ђe worst na my 2nd elder brother, if na him be d most senior for there, mehn, nor just bother find remote.. Even if u hold am b4, once him enter, he go just stretch hand, loolll..like dat like dat.. So b4 u go reason me.. 4th born.. Na only my jnr broda i fit use shine :-D

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by fairygeh(f): 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
Funny thread grin
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Petraman(m): 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
Whenever dad is around, he's d remote controller, but when he's not around it'll be my turn to take d post. And whenever either of us is not around, any of my siblings will take d post. Mother is not interested in remote controlling, any channel u tuned in, she will watch, but when it's only her in d house, she'll prefers to watch film
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by SurvBamz(f): 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
LOL Gloria! Infact i love this thread, d instant i read dis thread the name GLORIA came 2 my mind. She is in charge when it comes to remote controlling matters. Lolz
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by tonididdy(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
thank God i have my own tv and subscription hehe: dstv movies are all repete repete...so i only waatch africanmagic movies if the movie on has ibu,ukwa,chiwetala agu u know na naija comedy or those village movies finish.then sony max ,food network,bbcE,bbcK,bbcL,lottery changed myb life on tlc and of cos only chelsea matches...then maybe other clubs matches just to winchy them lol.i love tv anyhow
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by kaydkay(m): 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2013
Me. Once am at home d remote stays with me. D funny thing is dat I don't stay long on a channel xcept if a game is up. My wife has given up d fight and it has even goten to a stage where my one and a half year old baby grabs d remote frm anybody holdg it and brings it to me once I come into d house.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by oyinmio: 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
omiobo: What is the essence of holding remote when where there's stable power failure? The only thing that is stable in Nigeria is darkness grin.
very funny
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by AdetoroBukola: 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
johnwizey: i wish am ur dad,for me to feel ur bossom

BAD BOY
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by niyoni: 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
Lol...Yours truly is d C-in-C! Tho I giv d ladies some room to watch their favourite shows.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by luluosas(m): 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
We have a democratic system of remote control in my house because, no one lays/claims superiority over the other but, my children are the real users at times. They will just hold the remote control waiting for the programme we are watching to end and quickly switch it to Kidsco or JimJam.
At times when we shout them down, they ends up crying accusing us of not allowing them to watch their own when we were done with ours, especially the senior boy, who is 5 years plus now.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Dibangoking(m): 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
bamto: I was just wondering if someone always calls the shot in your house when it comes to holding the remote control and determining which channels to watch. It is certain that we have our diverse preferred channels. For the ladies, its mostly films and music, while the guys mostly opt for sports and politics. Then, you see some fathers, once they are home, listen to news from one channel to the other till they go to bed.
What do you have in your house: a dictatorial or democratic system of remote controlling?
The topic alone got me laughing so hard
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by clerkent(m): 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
Yomieluv: My neighbour,cos we don't have TV in my house,so I peep through the window of my neighbour to watch Robocop,and equalizer 2000.
lmfa0
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 06, 2013
Am The Commander in Chief of the Remote in my house... I did not just earn the position i have to fight and rig my way through it.

Daddy: He doesnt watch tv, Newspaper and internet is enough for him to update himself. Besides he's gotta work for next month subscription! NO TIME TO WATCH.

Mummy: Shop, Shop, Shop, Business things, from her place of work to her shop, she comes back home veru late in the night...NO TIME TO WATCH TV.

My Younger Brother: I made him understand that I and the commander once my school is on break, whenever he resist my order, i make him study!!! And i can always watch TV ehehe.

MYSELF: I am Tv addict!!! Name any show and i'll summarise the concept for you. But that happends only when we're on holiday or ASUU is on strike.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by OliverBrain(m): 1:40am On Jan 07, 2013
Yomieluv: My neighbour,cos we don't have TV in my house,so I peep through the window of my neighbour to watch Robocop,and equalizer 2000.
trust me ehn, u no watch those films pass me
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by buccunmie(m): 7:43am On Jan 07, 2013
greatgod2012: Im not really a tv person, but between hubby and d kids, na real tug of war.......hubby can watch tv for 10 hrs, especially on weekends, he will hold on on d remote and be changing from one channel to another, there was even a day my 1st child told him..."na wa o, daddy, you are just changing from one channel to another channel without excusing us, mum taught us to always take excuse from one another b4 we change d channel, but you dont do that, im using this opportunity to tell you that, anytime you want to change d channel, always take excuse from us".....that day, hubby bought another tv and put it in their room.
As for me, na to dey look them, wetin concern me, i just need to listen to news....and maybe watch one film/home video, which i may not even watch till d end b4 im bored....so funny, men seems to like watching tv than women.......abeg, me na to read and nairaland i know, complete bushwoman.......
Lol
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by buccunmie(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2013
iyatrustee:

Exactly what i face in my house especially on dose yeye matchdays! cry
Na dose days dey swit pass, don't dull
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by spawnx: 9:49am On Jan 07, 2013
johnwizey: i wish am ur dad,for me to feel ur bossom
U just a pervert. Stay of the internet if u ar bored. As. swipe

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by mobo2(f): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
Our last born
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 3:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
dabrake:
I rep #teamArsenal for eternity. don't get me wrong brother but the abuses are just too funny
So do I. I think its time Wenger allowed Guardiola to take over. #stop derailing my thread jor!"# lol
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
luluosas: We have a democratic system of remote control in my house because, no one lays/claims superiority over the other but, my children are the real users at times. They will just hold the remote control waiting for the programme we are watching to end and quickly switch it to Kidsco or JimJam.
At times when we shout them down, they ends up crying accusing us of not allowing them to watch their own when we were done with ours, especially the senior boy, who is 5 years plus now.
Brilliant! First democratic system of remote controlling mentioned. Whr are u from? How about marrying one of those kids? I'm just 26 and I can wait...lolz
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Neo97(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
I am God, d alpha n omega, d Lord of d remote control. Who wan contest wit me? Na only me dey stay!
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by sheweezy(f): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
We usually don't have light during the day and when the gen is on by 7pm, dad holds the remote and we start with local news by 7pm, ait news by 8pm, nta news by 9pm, channels news by 10pm and gen is off by 11pm. So annoying only dad watches, mum has given up and plays scrabble on her laptop while I read novel and ping in my room.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
sheweezy: We usually don't have light during the day and when the gen is on by 7pm, dad holds the remote and we start with local news by 7pm, ait news by 8pm, nta news by 9pm, channels news by 10pm and gen is off by 11pm. So annoying only dad watches, mum has given up and plays scrabble on her laptop while I read novel and ping in my room.
Hehehehe...I can relate with this. Here, Gen is on btw 7 and 10, and thruout dad is king, with news and sermons his preferred programmes! We prevail on him occasionally tho, especially where football or series is on.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
sheweezy: We usually don't have light during the day and when the gen is on by 7pm, dad holds the remote and we start with local news by 7pm, ait news by 8pm, nta news by 9pm, channels news by 10pm and gen is off by 11pm. So annoying only dad watches, mum has given up and plays scrabble on her laptop while I read novel and ping in my room.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by udomma1005(m): 3:59pm On May 17, 2023
bamto:
I was just wondering if someone always calls the shot in your house when it comes to holding the remote control and determining which channels to watch. It is certain that we have our diverse preferred channels. For the ladies, its mostly films and music, while the guys mostly opt for sports and politics. Then, you see some fathers, once they are home, listen to news from one channel to the other till they go to bed.
What do you have in your house: a dictatorial or democratic system of remote controlling?
Me me me...... After me wiffy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos) / I Found A Man On Top Of My Wife: I Need Help / Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.