Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train (36847 Views)

Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE / Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses / GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by preselect(m): 11:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
cold:
She got physical and he returned the favour.Why everyone chooses to ignore this fact beats me hollow
I hope he has credible evidence that she hit him first. That's the way western justice works. Or else, another brother behind bars. undecided

Pathetic
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
Tusky44:
You now talk like someone on rehabilitation. May God *helep* you this 2013. Me too, i'd be respecting you more now or else, we reopen our feud cool

Bwahahahahaha

I'm just bored of the madness on nl and everything just looks like a vicious cycle of stupidity and crassness... wink

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by manny4life(m): 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sisi_Kill: See the other Show of Shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgeECHXANTk

SMDH!

On another note, they see Africans going at each other's throats like these ones were and we expect them to treat us differently?

Even here on NL, y'all fight each. . .call each others tribes the most despicable names and then get all up in arms when an outsider says something derogatory about Nigeria. You can't eat your cake and have it too....it's either you respect yourselves and get respected by all and sundry or. . .well you know undecided

I laughed so hard at the video, gracious God, it was funny. Ghanians can't even defend themselves... Imbe.cile no 1. cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ topic, like I maintained, the dude should have slapped the bit.ch into serious coma... I'll help donate money for his defense in court.

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by HARDDON: 11:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
Smelly Nigerian? Didn't ĸпoω alomo has made it out of dis shores mhn.

She obviously is lacking in d perceiving department if not, she wud have known that all coloured albinos ( coloured whyt fowls) smell a lot! But we cud 4giv ha alomo frustrated breath ! Cudnt we?
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by manny4life(m): 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
pres-elect:

I hope he has credible evidence that she hit him first. That's the way western justice works. Or else, another brother behind bars. undecided

Pathetic

What other credible evidence does he need than the racial slur she mentioned? Abeg, if he has good lawyers, they will let him walk. When you make racist comments against someone you barely know, it's common knowledge for instincts to kick in leading to violence. How I wished this outcome would have been different...
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by coogar: 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
manny4life:
What other credible evidence does he need than the racial slur she mentioned? Abeg, if he has good lawyers, they will let him walk. When you make racist comments against someone you barely know, it's common knowledge for instincts to kick in leading to violence. How I wished this outcome would have been different...

he would be jailed for assault n affray. he can counter-sue her for hurling a racist abuse. she threw a bottle at him, he could have just returned the favour instead of punching her to the ground.

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by SisiKill1: 11:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
stillwater:

Oh yeah, but when it comes to setting up organizations to carry themselves along all of them forsake these petty tiffs, and carry out whatever they set their hearts to do. But ohhh come to Africa, especially Nigerians, if their tribal brothers are not there they can't reason intelligibly. Nigerians would rather thrive on tribal politics instead of doing away with their petty quarrels. That is the difference between we and them!

THANK YOU!!!

I read his post and shook my head. . we have a long-a-ways to go.

The only time you find them form any kind of alliance is when they are fighting silly remarks from ignorant people. They ignore the real issues that would actually have an impact on people's lives and carry their Nigerianess on their heads when it comes to petty stuff. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by denzel2009: 11:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
manny4life:

He actually called her 'white princess' first... which could also be termed a racist remark!

5 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
I'm loving this guy's inspirational words before he eventually twapped her. "You're like 28. I'm 19. Do something with your life!" grin.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:

he would be jailed for assault n affray. he can counter-sue her for hurling a racist abuse. she threw a bottle at him, he could have just returned the favour instead of punching her to the ground.

Where is the evidence and witness??

He should just plead guilty to affray and get community service - that's the best deal his legal aid is going to get him, to be honest...
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by preselect(m): 11:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
manny4life:

You obviously haven't been to court before. See how lawyers twist red into green. See false witnesses. Lol. Why d'you think prisons are filled with our brothers? D'you really believe we are that horrible?
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Builder: 11:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
pDude: Nigerians you see your lives? cry cry

You have so messed up internationally that the word "Nigerian" is now an insult.

Chai cry

Later some ediots will say proudly Nigerian embarassed

Again another inferiority complex twart. im a nigerian based in the UK and yes.. im proudly nigerian, i look like a nigerian, eat like one, speak like one and dress like one. surely the woman have some issues with nigerians hence she used that word, .. as most white people are, she thinks all black people are nigerians, yet u see sell-outs like this foo.l jumping to conclusions dancing to the tune of an illiterate woman who thinks all black people are nigerians. People like u rather beg kneels than stand and fight.

4 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by manny4life(m): 11:28pm On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:

Ok o, me I don't know U.K. law but an assault will pretty much carry penalty of community service or worst case 30days + anger management. Anyway, I still see throwing a deadly weapon (bottle) at someone carries more weight than the actual punching.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by coogar: 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
shymexx:
Where is the evidence and witness??
He should just plead guilty to affray and get community service - that's the best deal his legal aid is going to get him, to be honest...

underground trains have cctv cameras don't they? someway somehow they would get to the bottom of this. he should have just carried on dissing her - the dude messed up jare but his legal aid would claim he's been drinking all day. if he's a first offender he would get a slap on the wrist and sweep Peckham housing estate for 650 hours without pay!

manny4life:
Ok o, me I don't know U.K. law but an assault will pretty much carry penalty of community service or worst case 30days + anger management. Anyway, I still see throwing a deadly weapon (bottle) at someone carries more weight than the actual punching.

it's more likely to be a plastic bottle.....
the boy is way more guilty. regardless of what the woman must have said to him, you don't punch a woman. it shows total lack of respect....10 yrs ago, the other men on that train would have beaten the boy bluish blackish but today's britain is different. the mantra is mind your own business!

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Kslib(m): 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
ALL MY OWN BE SAY "WHY SHE MENTION NIGERIA FOR HER COMMENT".. It's like Nigeria is becoming too popular and i dont like it....

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by manny4life(m): 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
pres-elect:

You obviously haven't been to court before. See how lawyers twist red into green. See false witnesses. Lol. Why d'you think prisons are filled with our brothers? D'you really believe we are that horrible?

Witness? I believe the YouTube Viral video is more than enough evidence to start case first... IMO, if it was here in the U.S., he will walk, period.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by manny4life(m): 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
denzel2009:

He actually called her 'white princess' first... which could also be termed a racist remark!

However, white princess is not a racial comment, heck it's used in cartoons, videos all forms of media...it's not a racist comment.

2 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by titsqueez(m): 11:33pm On Jan 10, 2013
Abeg in what way is white princess a racist slur

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by coogar: 11:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
manny4life:
However, white princess is not a racial comment, heck it's used in cartoons, videos all forms of media...it's not a racist comment.

it depends on how the woman perceives the insult. if she feels racially insulted by the phrase "white princess" then the dude is in trouble. uk laws are funny. the recipient of a racist insult holds the 4 aces.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by cold(m): 11:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:

Not so fast.What does the law say about provocation,racial prejudice and discrimination?All these will have to be taken into account.You don't just throw people into jails like that.
On Provocation;
Where on a charge of..... there is evidence on which the jury can find that the person charged was provoked (whether by things done or by things said or by both together) to lose his self-control, the question whether the provocation was enough to make a reasonable man do as he did shall be left to be determined by the jury; and in determining that question the jury shall take into account everything both done and said according to the effect which, in their opinion, it would have on a reasonable man.

On Race relations,Prejudice and discrimination;
Where, on the hearing of the complaint, the complainant proves facts from which the tribunal could, apart from this section, conclude in the absence of an adequate explanation that the respondent—
(a)has committed such an act of discrimination or harassment against the complainant, or
(b)is by virtue of section 32 or 33 to be treated as having committed such an act of discrimination or harassment against the complainant,the tribunal shall uphold the complaint unless the respondent proves that he did not commit or, as the case may be, is not to be treated as having committed, that act.
]

Everything will be taken into consideration.And not just the pummelling the lady received.In any event,the bloke might not get off lightly
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by denzel2009: 11:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
manny4life:

It is a racial slur based on the context it was used. Don't dish it if you can't take it..

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:
underground trains have cctv cameras don't they? someway somehow they would get to the bottom of this. he should have just carried on dissing her - the dude messed up jare but his legal aid would claim he's been drinking all day. if he's a first offender he would get a slap on the wrist and sweep Peckham housing estate for 650 hours without pay!

They have got CCTV cameras... The only way he won't get charged is if the woman lunged the first physical attack - that's what they're going to look at..
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by manny4life(m): 11:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:

it depends on how the woman perceives the insult. if she feels racially insulted by the phrase "white princess" then the dude is in trouble. uk laws are funny. the recipient of a racist insult holds the 4 aces.

Perceives it? It's not what the woman thinks, it's what the law states. I mean the term white and princess, two words are not racist, just like black and princess, and even in the context (he stepped on her) and she was whining like a little bit.ch, its not racial. What the law should interpret is simply that as a princess, no one can unknowingly step on you.

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Builder: 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
denzel2009:

in that case the markers of the cartoon character snow white and the seven dwarf should be sued for racism, i can even sue anyone.. for saying black wednesday, "beaten black and blue" or blackmail.

c'mon dude be real

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:

White princess is just sarcasm, there's nothing racial about it..

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by manny4life(m): 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
denzel2009:

It is a racial slur based on the context it was used. Don't dish it if you can't take it..

How so, please kowashiate?

He unknowingly stepped on her, and she began yapping, and then he called her a white princess, how does that translate into a slur?
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by denzel2009: 11:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
Builder:

in that case the markers of the cartoon snow white and the seven dwarf should be sued for racism, i can even sue anyone.. white or black for say black wednesday, "beaten black and blue" or blackmail.

c'mon dude be real

Do you understand the word 'CONTEXT'...which kain wahala be this nitori Olohun.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by zumbigbo(m): 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
The most pertinent aspect of the whole exchange is that to be a Nigerian (and smelly one at that) is now an epithet/slur in itself. They boy could be from anywhere, from Angola to Zanazibar (originally), however she was just reminding him that he is still a smelly nigger-area as far as she was concerned now. He held himself up with dignity and when it came to the barbs, flamed her as you could tell it was not her mother tongue.

However, it just highlights the foolishness of tribalism on these boards. When they share money for Aso rock, no one is asking about about indigene wahala.

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by manny4life(m): 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
Builder:

in that case the markers of the cartoon snow white and the seven dwarf should be sued for racism, i can even sue anyone.. white or black for say black wednesday, "beaten black and blue" or blackmail.

c'mon dude be real

EXACTLY.

That's my point. The white princess has been used severally in media and entertainment, which has depicted several themes.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by omenziate(m): 11:42pm On Jan 10, 2013
Can a white man b racially abused? Aint words like "Wigger", "Pelly", "Burb-Nigga", "White trash" , "Chinko" derogatory words used against d whites and I don't see dem get offended or overly truculent as shown by the Blacks.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by coogar: 11:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
shymexx:
White princess is just sarcasm, there's nothing racial about it..

the word "white" in that statement carries weight! white = ethnic group, no? ethnicity plus princess to describe a woman during a heated exchange is a racial slur. you have to look at the context in which he used it. he's not wooing her or asking her out. it was meant to be an insult!

manny4life:
Perceives it? It's not what the woman thinks, it's what the law states. I mean the term white and princess, two words are not racist, just like black and princess, and even in the context (he stepped on her) and she was whining like a little bit.ch, its not racial. What the law should interpret is simply that as a princess, no one can unknowingly step on you.

in the uk, it's what the recipient thinks about it.
if a white person calls me a nigga and i am not offended about it - then there's no offence. that's the way it rolls on this side of the planet! if the woman claims she felt racially insulted with the word "white princess" then the boy would go down!

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by manny4life(m): 11:44pm On Jan 10, 2013
@denzel,

to understand your argument, in the context of argument between both parties, white princess becomes a racial slur but in the media, and entertainment concept, it's acceptable? However, you forget that the term "smelly Nigerian" isn't accepted in whatever form whether argument or for entertainment purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Jonathan And Ex-PDP Governors At Halima Babangida's Wedding / Mistura Akinsanya: MC Oluomo Celebrates His Daughter's Birthday / Wike: I Am Not Friends With FFK, I Don't Like Fake Things (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.