Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (21301 Views)

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by biolabee(m): 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

I see pregnant women going to work everyday, until their 10weeks maternity.

DAYO DAYO DAYO

bros for some women it is not enough
My best friends wife nearly lost her life trying to combine work with preg
Another had two miscarriages in my former place of work (im sure u know d person)

This topic is too dear to ur heart.it does not mean there is no middle ground
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
biolabee:

DAYO DAYO DAYO

Another had two miscarriages in my former place of work (im sure u know d person)

GBAM!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
every woman is different - I was put on bed rest from 16 weeks with my daughter so this one that women that don't work until their baby is crowning is just plain wrong.

Look with all the debating here i think we can all agree that there should be some form of child support in Nigeria - its not right that children who did not ask to be born get caught up and suffer cos their parents have divorced. its not right

as for divorce settlement - this should be dealt on a case by case basis
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by A40(m): 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
FXKing2012: @dayokanu & 2good, yes the man takes care of the woman while pregnant but you still havent addressed how you expect the woman to make any real contribution after carrying pregnancy and nursing kids for 13yrs out of the 15yrs she was married.
Or would u suggest she risk losing the pregnancy by working while heavily pregnant? Or she should abandon the babies at home and go chasing after money?

Pls put yourselves in her shoe and tell me how you are going to make any reasonable income to contribute based on the analogy I gave about a woman being pregnant and nursing kids for 13yrs out of the 15yrs she was married.
Why would any woman in this modern day and age spend 13 yrs out of 15 nursing kids! Please pregnancy is not a disease. There are lots and lots of working moms out there and a lot of offices even have creches and all that.
If you are going to use any excuse pregnancy and child bearing is not one of them. My mother was not a housewife

FXKing2012:

You say I dont work yet I can employ you. Come to think of it, maybe that's why I dont have any qualms giving a woman something substantial if need be. It's only a man who hasnt handled REAL money that is willing to die for the little he has. Little wonder the likes of Michael Jordan, Johnny Depp, Bernie Ecclestone, Rupert Murdoch, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg, Tiger Woods, Madonna, James Cameron, Paul McCartney, Kevin Costner, Kenny Rogers, Lionel Richie, Donald Trump, Michael Douglas, Mick Jagger, etc etc didnt find it outrageous to settle their exes big time and didnt go about calling them thieves after the settlement.

Only poor and average people go on ranting about divorce settlements. If you are truly rich you will not even lose sleep over it because what you will still have left after the settlement is way over and beyond what you can spend in your lifetime.

Now I know why my thinking is very different - like minds think alike.
If you think those men paid those settlements with joy in their hearts you should stop whatever you are doing right now and try stand up comedy
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
biolabee:

DAYO DAYO DAYO

Do you also know women who lost 13yrs out of 15yrs getting pregnant and raising a family
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
Anyone who thinks Michael Jordan, Johnny Depp, Bernie Ecclestone, Rupert Murdoch, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg, Tiger Woods, Madonna, James Cameron, Paul McCartney, Kevin Costner, Kenny Rogers, Lionel Richie, Donald Trump, Michael Douglas, Mick Jagger,

Paid their EX willingly and not compelled by law must have a thinking defect

So police gave me a fine of $100 and I paid it you think its because I want to donate money to the community?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by biolabee(m): 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayo i dont know but the point is that some families make a conscious decision to let the wife stay home to handle the home front
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
FXKing2012:
She should get a percentage because she contributed a piece of her life by contributing her emotion and her body.

She carried every one of your kids for 9months and went through the very severe pain of being delivered of your babies. All these take a very big toll on her body and she should be compensated if the relationship does not work out.

Contribution should not be by cash alone, there are different ways of contributing in a relationship. Because those other ways can not be easily quantified in monetary terms does not make them worthless.

You are a person!

What emotion and body?

She did not get emotion and body in return?

She did not have a choice whether she wants to carry kids?

What a cretin!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
biolabee: u see unfortunately these are parallel views and saga/dk on one hand while fx is the other hand
the former have condemned settlement because it has been misused n abused
However that does not negate the fact that it is useful

I like fx's stating the 10 years. Yes no income but what of the opp cost from lost income which could have been brought in

You can compensate for opportunity cost but NEVER COMPENSATE OVER WHAT SOMEONE DESERVES!

It should be based on opportunity cost, not based on the relative wealth of the financially dominant partner.

My thinking is more refined than this person's, Baba Diplomat!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
damiso:

Sorry(not an advocate for divorce settlement)but i have seen cases(firsthand) where the woman AGREED with prompting from the husband to cut back on working in other for at least one of them to be there for the kids.In the case of this couple based on all factors and if one had not slowed down,15 years down the line,the woman would have been at a higher point both in earning power and career ladder.But in this case,she was wise enought to still run a business which gave her more flexiblity to be able to work round the kids.

I hate financial dependence on another human being(adults cos kids and to an extent have to depen on you and maybe aged parents),wife to hubby, hubby to wife but i think its unfair not to acknowledge that sometimes some women have to take a career break to care for very young kids.And this does not mean they did not have high flying careers or were high earners.Some just see that time of bonding with their kids as down time.

That said it should be the couple's decision and if you(the woman)agree i dont think you should be expecting a huge payout in future.If we are able to afford me sitting or rather cutting down on work(cant sit at home full time will want to shoot myself) i will be getting the fairer end of the stick sef cos believe me its hard juggling full time work and being hards on parent.I remember my daughter saying Mummy can we read another book and deep down i just want to hit the sack cos i have a deadline to meet in the morning and if hubby is say working out of town,its honey tomorrow and that tomorrow never comes cos she for don sleep sef by the time i get home the next day.

In as much as women should not see their husbands as meal tickets, if both parents pursue high flying ,time consuming(time being the operative factor) the kids MIGHT suffer.

So fcking well said!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
FXKing2012:

You say I dont work yet I can employ you. Come to think of it, maybe that's why I dont have any qualms giving a woman something substantial if need be. It's only a man who hasnt handled REAL money that is willing to die for the little he has. Little wonder the likes of Michael Jordan, Johnny Depp, Bernie Ecclestone, Rupert Murdoch, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg, Tiger Woods, Madonna, James Cameron, Paul McCartney, Kevin Costner, Kenny Rogers, Lionel Richie, Donald Trump, Michael Douglas, Mick Jagger, etc etc didnt find it outrageous to settle their exes big time and didnt go about calling them thieves after the settlement.

Only poor and average people go on ranting about divorce settlements. If you are truly rich you will not even lose sleep over it because what you will still have left after the settlement is way over and beyond what you can spend in your lifetime.

Now I know why my thinking is very different - like minds think alike.

And the person continues churning out his moronic "facts".

Product of a failed education system.

Let us just pick one. So McCartney did not mind giving money to a gold digger but yet went through serious court processes?

Cretin!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
cotton101: every woman is different - I was put on bed rest from 16 weeks with my daughter so this one that women that don't work until their baby is crowning is just plain wrong.

Look with all the debating here i think we can all agree that there should be some form of child support in Nigeria - its not right that children who did not ask to be born get caught up and suffer cos their parents have divorced. its not right

as for divorce settlement - this should be dealt on a case by case basis

There should be some child support, there should be some sharing of assets but it must be reasonable, not exploitative and abuseable.

No child needs £40K a month to survive!

No one should fund the lifestyle of another based on stuuuupid arguments like "she is used to it".

There are easy ways to make laws that are reasonable, not the moronic laws fooools are saying we should copy.

Get what you earned/contributed and what you missed out (opportunity cost) on while doing something you both benefit from.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:14am On Jan 19, 2013
dayokanu: Anyone who thinks Michael Jordan, Johnny Depp, Bernie Ecclestone, Rupert Murdoch, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg, Tiger Woods, Madonna, James Cameron, Paul McCartney, Kevin Costner, Kenny Rogers, Lionel Richie, Donald Trump, Michael Douglas, Mick Jagger,

Paid their EX willingly and not compelled by law must have a thinking defect

So police gave me a fine of $100 and I paid it you think its because I want to donate money to the community?

The person is below the IQ threshold to even reason like that, stop the mental torture.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by biolabee(m): 1:03am On Jan 19, 2013
Sagamite:

You can compensate for opportunity cost but NEVER COMPENSATE OVER WHAT SOMEONE DESERVES!

It should be based on opportunity cost, not based on the relative wealth of the financially dominant partner.

My thinking is more refined than this person's, Baba Diplomat!

Lordy, Sagamite grin grin
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 19, 2013
Johnny depp did not have to pay Vanessa paradis 100million, he chose to. They were not married after all. cool tongue
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 6:57am On Jan 19, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

What emotion and body?

She did not get emotion and body in return?

She did not have a choice whether she wants to carry kids?

What a cretin!

I've lost count of the number of times you have used the terms person and cretin in your comments. And going through your posts in other threads, person and cretin appear over 95% of the time. Because you lack the capacity to engage in an intellectual argument in a civilized manner, so all you do is jump from thread to thread insulting folks.

I have thus come to the conclusion that you are too uncivilized for my kind, too shallow for me to engage with, intellectually bankrupt, and even short on vocabularies which is why person and cretin appear in everyone of your crude posts.

You have a lot of growing up to do, so until then you have a front row seat in my infamous ignore list - please enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 7:44am On Jan 19, 2013
FXKing2012:

I've lost count of the number of times you have used the terms person and cretin in your comments. And going through your posts in other threads, person and cretin appear over 95% of the time. Because you lack the capacity to engage in an intellectual argument in a civilized manner, so all you do is jump from thread to thread insulting folks.

I have thus come to the conclusion that you are too uncivilized for my kind, too shallow for me to engage with, intellectually bankrupt, and even short on vocabularies which is why person and cretin appear in everyone of your crude posts.

You have a lot of growing up to do, so until then you have a front row seat in my infamous ignore list - please enjoy it.

You are a person!

What intellectual debate is one going to have with a cretin like you? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oops! I used person and cretin again. cheesy

See the cretin with moronic opinions talking about "intellectual debate" and "intellectual bankrupcy". grin

"PS: A man can not buy land and build houses if he's not emotionally and psychologically balance, and guess who provides that balance - the wife."

Intellectual debate of a person. A brain-dead person!

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2013
jennykadry: Johnny depp did not have to pay Vanessa paradis 100million, he chose to. They were not married after all. cool tongue
Now that's a real man; he chose to pay her $100million even though he was not legally bound to do so.
As the mother of his kids and as someone he was once in love with and still friends with, he was sensible, kind, intelligent and nice enough to know he morally ought to pay her off - and he did it big time. Now that's a man with a big heart.

Again rich folks dont go crying over divorce settlements, only poor and average dudes do.

PS: Poverty and wealth are states of mind.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 9:28am On Jan 19, 2013
FXKing2012:
Now that's a real man; he chose to pay her $100million even though he was not legally bound to do so.
As the mother of his kids and as someone he was once in love with and still friends with, he was sensible, kind, intelligent and nice enough to know he morally ought to pay her off - and he did it big time. Now that's a man with a big heart.

Again rich folks dont go crying over divorce settlements, only poor and average dudes do.

And the person comes with his "intellectual" assertions again! grin grin grin grin grin

Cretinous product of a failed education system! grin
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2013
FXKing2012: Again rich folks dont go crying over divorce settlements, only poor and average dudes do.

Kobe Bryant who compained about it wasnt rich enough or McCartney who fought it in court wasnt rich, Deinde Fernandez who fought divorce settlement wasnt rich

I now understand why Sagamite has strong convictions that you are a cretin
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Kobe Bryant who compained about it wasnt rich enough or McCartney who fought it in court wasnt rich, Deinde Fernandez who fought divorce settlement wasnt rich

When it is so easy to test and fail the assertion a person is making during a period his IQ is being questioned, then you know that person is a pure pathological person!

I don't insult people on NL, I am honestly just educating them on what they are. I am serious.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2013
dayokanu:

They fought it in court cos they werent willing to pay as much as they were being asked to pay, not that they werent willing to pay at all.

I now know why I'm finding it very difficult to differentiate btw u sagamite - crying shallow moronic eeeediots.

Poverty is in deed a disease.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
FXKing2012:
They fought it in court cos they werent willing to pay as much as they were being asked to pay, not that they werent willing to pay at all.

I now know why I'm finding it very difficult to differentiate btw u sagamite - crying shallow moronic eeeediots.

Did Kobe, Fernandez and McCartney cry and fight over divorce settlements?

If they did then you are a cretin
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 5:21pm On Jan 19, 2013
FXKing2012:

Here is what the person said:

"Again rich folks dont go crying over divorce settlements, only poor and average dudes do."

"Little wonder the likes of Michael Jordan, Johnny Depp, Bernie Ecclestone, Rupert Murdoch, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg, Tiger Woods, Madonna, James Cameron, Paul McCartney, Kevin Costner, Kenny Rogers, Lionel Richie, Donald Trump, Michael Douglas, Mick Jagger, etc etc didnt find it outrageous to settle their exes big time and didnt go about calling them thieves after the settlement.

Only poor and average people go on ranting about divorce settlements. If you are truly rich you will not even lose sleep over it because what you will still have left after the settlement is way over and beyond what you can spend in your lifetime."

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Product of a failed education system.

So rich people are not happy to pay divorce settlements now?

Cretin! grin

I am never wrong! You are dumb beyond levels of acceptability to qualify as a human being.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 6:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/slums-nurtured-nani-711802

www.portugaldailyview.com/whats-new/cristiano-ronaldo-the-humble-chosen-one

And some moronic person would now turn around saying that some woman should take a share of their money because they would not have the emotionally and psychologically balance to buy a house without her.

And the cretin would call it "intellectual debate". grin
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Jan 19, 2013
Abi ooo

Justin Beiber would marry in 8yrs time and one girl would claim it was her emotional balance that made him money or Zuckerbergs wife would claim it was her psychological balance that made facebook
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
dayokanu: Abi ooo

Justin Beiber would marry in 8yrs time and one girl would claim it was her emotional balance that made him money or Zuckerbergs wife would claim it was her psychological balance that made facebook

That is an "intellectual point" in a person's world. Part of a profound "intellectual debate". grin
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
battle ground .... Fvcktards, mofo, cretin, akindindinrin cheesy cheesy only on NL!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 6:38am On Jan 21, 2013
The entire developed/civilized world feels emotional investment means a lot and helps partners perform better which is why it decided to make it law that when a union/marriage is dissolved, the well-to-do partner settles the less bouyant partner.

But some eeeeediots in here (who have not even achieved any greatness) think they are smarter than the entire developed world; they claim emotional investment in a relationship means nothing thus should not be factored in while settling the partner.

Such thinking is why Nigeria is still underdeveloped; such mindset can only bring retrogression. Too many selfish intellectually bankrupt nitwits in the same room can only lead south. The likes of sagamite and dayokanu in our political and business fields is why Nigeria is where it is today.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 8:26am On Jan 21, 2013
FXKing2012: The entire developed/civilized world feels emotional investment means a lot and helps partners perform better which is why it decided to make it law that when a union/marriage is dissolved, the well-to-do partner settles the less bouyant partner.

But some eeeeediots in here (who have not even achieved any greatness) think they are smarter than the entire developed world; they claim emotional investment in a relationship means nothing thus should not be factored in while settling the partner.

Such thinking is why Nigeria is still underdeveloped; such mindset can only bring retrogression. Too many selfish intellectually bankrupt nitwits in the same room can only lead south. The likes of sagamite and dayokanu in our political and business fields is why Nigeria is where it is today.

You are a person!

So your moronic arsse thought if you say "developed" or "civilised" that would make it sound valid?

Cretin!

No 1, person, not all the developed and civilised world practice such rubbish.

No 2, person, in a sensible society, there should be no role for the state to get involved in emotional matters as they can never be able to accurately judge.

No 3, person, even majority of people in the developed and civilised world know the laws are faulty but the politicians are not changing it because they don't want to lose the female vote. The women know it is unfair, but due to their natural selfishness, they like it anyway as it is their last insurance as their looks fade.

No 4, person, it is the same developed and civilised world that feels a man boning another man is okay and makes laws to support it. So I guess they are right because they are smarter than you?

No 5, person, I am smarter than the intellect of all the people of the developed and civilised world added together.

Fcking reeetard!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 11:42am On Jan 21, 2013
The waste product called Sagamite wants a reaction from me but below is why he'll never get it.

FXKing2012:

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter / Olu Lulu-Briggs Dies At 91 / “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.