Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (21260 Views)

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:45am On Jan 21, 2013
FXKing2012: The waste product called Sagamite wants a reaction from me but below is why he'll never get it.

You are a person!

Does the fact the same developed and civilised world that feels a man boning another man is okay and makes laws to support it mean they are right?

Cretin, you pick assertions out of your arsse and I will use a shovel to shove it back throw your arsse.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by CNN80: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2013
I honestly do not know why opinions can't be exchanged on this forum without insults being traded right, left and centre. Does this mean that when guys have discussions and/or disagreements with their family/friends/colleagues, they think it proper to use curse words?

To the topic at hand, I believe that child support should be paid, fully and on time in the case of a divorce. And I believe that a divorce settlement must be applied. However, I also believe that it should be applied judiciously and on a case to case basis. I've seen many cases of women living hand to mouth because their husbands abandoned them. At the same time, I have seen girls who deliberately go after rich men expecting that if things go south, they can claim something from him.

And please, let us disabuse ourselves of these notions that Nigerian women are millstones round a man's neck. I really do not know the kind of women you people associate with but I come from a family where every woman is educated and 90% of us had worked for a number of years before marrying. In fact getting married while in school is strongly discouraged as it is believed that you should be a self sufficient individual in your own right in case of any problems.

It is also a fact that a number of men ask their wives to stop working in other to take care of the children. If the women refuse, you start hearing statements like " She wants to break the home" and " Is she saying that I am not capable of taking care of my family?". Family and societal pressure then force the woman to agree. In such cases, if the man is hit with a request for a divorce settlement, he should not complain.

This is just my opinion and not an attempt to insult anyone.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
Very nice post. Yes I believe several factors should be considered before granting the settlement such as whether the woman was made to stop working by the husband.
We cant just label any woman who isnt working as lazy, I think thatz just stuupid!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by damiso(f): 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
FXKing2012: Very nice post. Yes I believe several factors should be considered before granting the settlement such as whether the woman was made to stop working by the husband.
We cant just label any woman who isnt working as lazy, I think thatz just stuupid!

I agree not every woman(and very rarely man)who is not'working' should be termed as lazy.I know a guy who is a stay at home dad but he does web design on a freelance basis.They as a couple decided for him to stay home(for a while) as they have four kids including a set of twins under 8.By the time they are spending like 2 grand on child care (breakfast club after sch club)etc.The wife earned more.And this could also be vice-versa.

I am thinking of going back to work part time not cos i dont like being a career woman.But someone has to be there for the kids and as hubby earns more we agreed for me to.The only thing is i cant give up work totally or even not have some sort of income.I am just too fiercely independent for that.But i wont judge those who choose to go down that route
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by CNN80: 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
@ Sagamite, please I understand that you are annoyed with FXking2012 but you can get your point across without insults.

With regards to the argument that a wife make a man more responsible, sometimes it does happen. The reverse is also the case. For some people, it's when they have kids that they make the effort to put down some solid investments. Like I said, it's not in all cases.

I know we are all talking based on sentiments, but there are really cases where the presence of a spouse pushes someone to become better or to attain greater heights. You have men who have progressed at work and business due to influential contacts in the wife's family. You have women who have gotten big contracts due to the husband's contacts. All this assistance is not quantifiable.

You guys should just agree to disagree. Accept you both have valid points and all that.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
CNN80: @ Sagamite, please I understand that you are annoyed with FXking2012 but you can get your point across without insults.

I am going to call a spade a spade, I am not going to mince words.

These are the kinds of reetards that destroy the world with their moronic opinions that we have to accommodate.

In an ideal world, foools like these would not be entitled to an opinion, they would just be people we give instructions and are not allowed to use their discretion.

CNN80:
With regards to the argument that a wife make a man more responsible, sometimes it does happen. The reverse is also the case. For some people, it's when they have kids that they make the effort to put down some solid investments. Like I said, it's not in all cases.

I know we are all talking based on sentiments, but there are really cases where the presence of a spouse pushes someone to become better or to attain greater heights. You have men who have progressed at work and business due to influential contacts in the wife's family. You have women who have gotten big contracts due to the husband's contacts. All this assistance is not quantifiable.

No 1, even if that was the case, why should one pay for such?

No 2, what process and tools do the courts have at hand to judge such, talkless of quantifying it.

No 3, how many cases do such happen?

No 4, what proportion of succesful men are "inspired" based on such experiences and what proportion of successful men are successful just because they are diligent, incredibly smart and worked hard?

For the record, if a man becomes rich off a wife's network or familial connections, then I agree she should have claim to some of his money. That is a direct contribution that if you remove her from the equation he would never have had.

CNN80:
You guys should just agree to disagree. Accept you both have valid points and all that.

Over my dead body!

Those are the kinds of approaches that limit society.

He is a person with person opinions. I am right as usual.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 4:57am On Jan 23, 2013
CNN80: @ Sagamite, please I understand that you are annoyed with FXking2012 but you can get your point across without insults.
You may end up damaging your brain debating that dimwit called sagamite because he's so shallow that in his arguments you will come across the words person and cretin more times than you will a valid and intelligent post.

Imagine a human being (if he's actually one) who thinks he's right all the time and never wrong, any remotely intelligent person knows only a f00l is capable of making such a moronic statement.
I gave him a front row seat in my ignore list for a reason, and he's staying glued to the seat until he grows up - I don't debate kids.

The likes of him is the reason I shed tears for Nigeria everyday, just imagine passing his genes to his offspring while they populate Nigeria...
Now you see why I shed those tears for my country?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 8:22am On Jan 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
You may end up damaging your brain debating that dimwit called sagamite because he's so shallow that in his arguments you will come across the words person and cretin more times than you will a valid and intelligent post.

Imagine a human being (if he's actually one) who thinks he's right all the time and never wrong, any remotely intelligent person knows only a f00l is capable of making such a moronic statement.
I gave him a front row seat in my ignore list for a reason, and he's staying glued to the seat until he grows up - I don't debate kids.

The likes of him is the reason I shed tears for Nigeria everyday, just imagine passing his genes to his offspring while they populate Nigeria...
Now you see why I shed those tears for my country?

person, I am your God, your Alpha and Omega, I am always right.

A cretin like you should stop referring to intelligence, you are giving people belly aches. Fucktards like you that come up with failed education system "facts" like "emotional and psychological balanced" and "rich folks dont go crying over divorce settlements" are the ones running and destroying Nigeria. Cretins like you are given positions just like Patience Jonathan was given Perm Sec of Education despite not being able to utter good English grammar. Fucktards that would not get more than cleaning positions in UK.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2013
dayokanu:

If she contributes financially to acquiring the asset then i support her getting the percentage of her contribution

if she contributes nothing why Should she get something

how are you sure that person friend of yours is not an armed robber, seriously, he sounds like a thief.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2013
jp philips:

how are you sure that person friend of yours is not an armed robber, seriously, he sounds like a thief.

Only a thief hopes to gain from where he didnt sow.

The housewife that was staying at home, Would she also pay the husband for the free food she was eating, free shelter she was staying free cloths she was wearing etc?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
FXKing2012:
When completely empty folks have nothing reasonable to say they resort to insults. I knew u were moronic the very moment you opined God does not exist.
I know your type of nitwit.

how can you say someone deserves to get money just because the person paying has no problems with it, and it becomes law??
little wonder they call you a person,

so because Dangote is worth billions of usd, his acct officers should be stealing few thousands after all, he doesn't feel it?

if the above was what you had in mind, then your argument should be divorce settlement by choice, dayo is holding you down on contribution, but arguing from choice wouldn't make sense here because we are talking about a law.

now i see your problem, you are truly a person
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
The above post is Sagamite using a different ID, thus is ignored. Sagamite, you are on my ignore list so quit trying to get reactions from me because you aint gonna get it.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:23pm On Jan 24, 2013
FXKing2012: The above post is Sagamite using a different ID, thus is ignored. Sagamite, you are on my ignore list so quit trying to get reactions from me because you aint gonna get it.

Fucktardious product of a failed education system. undecided
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 7:49am On Jan 28, 2013
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
Follow the link below to see what I've been talking about, it's just great as it'll help make Nigerian men more respectful of women.

www.nairaland.com/1180192/court-asks-dr-soleye-pay#14085081
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 6:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
FXKing2012: Follow the link below to see what I've been talking about, it's just great as it'll help make Nigerian men more respectful of women.

The judge is a lunatic and you are a lunatic for supporting his judgement.

You are in their home to know what happened or happens between them to make him want to leave the relationship?

What place is there for the state or court system to determine who should be in a relationship with who?

The moronic judgee had the audacity like a bloody illiterate to state the other wife should pay compensation and your dumb arsse brought it here as sense?

Maybe courts would soon be fining people for flirting with other's spouse and you would applaud that too.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 7:07pm On Jan 30, 2013
FXKing2012: Follow the link below to see what I've been talking about, it's just great as it'll help make Nigerian men more respectful of women.

I never knew you were this daft. So any judgment made by a court is right

Okay i would bring out judgment that beheads a woman for walking without a man by her side and use that as evidence.

Or someone bringing a judgment by a court that says Blacks are inferior to white as evidence

the more you post the more you give Sagamite weapons to incontrovertibly argue that you are a fuuuckktard
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 10:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
If she were your sister you'd have supported the ruling by the judge. Your reason for going against the ruling is borne out of selfish reasons, not justice.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 10:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
FXKing2012: If she were your sister you'd have supported the ruling by the judge. Your reason for going against the ruling is borne out of selfish reasons, not justice.

Your stupidittty is legenadary

Is the man my brother for me to be supporting him?

If it was my sister before I support her, I would ask what she contributed to the mans wealth.

I am not a thief and wont support my sister stealing someone elses sweat and hardwork
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:43pm On Jan 31, 2013
FXKing2012: If she were your sister you'd have supported the ruling by the judge. Your reason for going against the ruling is borne out of selfish reasons, not justice.

You are a person!

"If she were (sic) your sister"? That is not what sounds selfish to you? It is the decision that has no emotional connections that is selfish?

Cretin!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 8:36am On Feb 10, 2013
With the new law sentencing rapists to life in prison, it is only a matter of time before divorce settlement and mandatory child support became a law in Nigeria.
Cant wait!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:17am On Feb 10, 2013
FXKing2012: With the new law sentencing rapists to life in prison, it is only a matter of time before divorce settlement and mandatory child support became a law in Nigeria.
Cant wait!

A person's deduction and conclusion!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 10, 2013
^ lmbao sheii. guys please stop na undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.