Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (21255 Views)

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 9:10am On Feb 22, 2013
She gave him emotional and psychological support while he was acting which must have helped advance his acting career.
She probably also took care of the home front while he was away acting and making money, so she has a right to some of the money because she contributed.

The judge and the entire western world who think emotional and psychological support should be monetized are not fo0ls.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:23am On Feb 22, 2013
FXKing2012: She gave him emotional and psychological support while he was acting which must have helped advance his acting career.
She probably also took care of the home front while he was away acting and making money, so she has a right to some of the money because she contributed.

The judge and the entire western world who think emotional and psychological support should be monetized are not fo0ls.

They are not foools, they are fucktards like you.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by A40(m): 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
FXKing2012: She gave him emotional and psychological support while he was acting which must have helped advance his acting career.

Smh! Was she not provided shelter,food and wasn't her upkeep provided for while they where together?
Is she a chihuahua that should be fed and taken care of without bringing something to the table
What rubbish emotional and psychological support is this ninja chatting about? How can you be endorsing this kind of robbery?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Feb 22, 2013

The food she ate in that time? The house she lived in that time, The money she had access to in that time who provided it?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 5:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
dayokanu:

The food she ate in that time? The house she lived in that time, The money she had access to in that time who provided it?
Both of them because she is also working. The bills must have been shared as is the custom in the U.S, it's in Africa that the man picks all the bills.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
FXKing2012:
Both of them because she is also working. The bills must have been shared as is the custom in the U.S, it's in Africa that the man picks all the bills.

You mean her salary of less than $2000 a month was what she was eating in the years of marriage? Thats almost equal to nothing. The average student makes that doing school jobs She is making about $10/hour. Thats about what a worker in Mcdonalds, KFC or Burger King makes. The amount she makes in some states barely puts her above the poverty line

So you mean their multi million dollar mortgage of the house they were staying was paid from her $1750 per month? the expensive restaurants they visit was from that, the food they eat, the domestic help she had, the luxurious car she drove was from her freaking $1750 per month

An average worker in Zenith bank Nigeria earns more than that

Records reportedly show that Van Der Beek's monthly income is $35,000, while McComb brings in only $1,750 a month.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 5:51pm On Feb 22, 2013
FXKing2012:

Lets ignore the US argument briefly.

You assert in Africa the man does all the working but your person arsse still insist that the woman should be paid like the West in africa.

Confused foool!

dayokanu:

You mean her salary of less than $2000 a month was what she was eating in the years of marriage? Thats almost equal to nothing. The average student makes that doing school jobs She is making about $10/hour. Thats about what a worker in Mcdonalds, KFC or Burger King makes. The amount she makes in some states barely puts her above the poverty line

So you mean their multi million dollar mortgage of the house they were staying was paid from her $1750 per month? the expensive restaurants they visit was from that, the food they eat, the domestic help she had, the luxurious car she drove was from her freaking $1750 per month

But the person thinks he needs to pay her.

Her emotional and psychpological support cannot be applied to herself to increase her income? She gives it to him to make his income?

Logic of a pure pathological person.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sagamite: But the person thinks he needs to pay her.

Her emotional and psychpological support cannot be applied to herself to increase her income? She gives it to him to make his income?

Logic of a pure pathological person.

The excellent support cant be used to increase her own earning power and make her useful in life. Her psychological power is to make other people rich and herself poor
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 5:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
dayokanu:

I said they split the bills, I never said she picked them.The normal thing is to share the expenses based on percentage of earning. So if they both spend, for example, 20% of their monthly earning on bills, then that's considered as splitting it 50/50 because they are spending thesame percentage of earning.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2013
dayokanu:

The excellent support cant be used to increase her own earning power and make her useful in life. Her psychological power is to make other people rich and herself poor

Yes. From a person's angle of reasoning.

The benefits of "free speech" and "everyone is entitled to an opinion". grin

And to such person, 50/50 is me bringing N9m and someone else bringing N150.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
FXKing2012:
I said they split the bills, I never said she picked them.The normal thing is to share the expenses based on percentage of earning. So if they both spend, for example, 20% of their monthly earning on bills, then that's considered as splitting it 50/50 because they are spending thesame percentage of earning.

Their monthly mortgage alone might be 10,000 feeding and entertainment might be another 20,000 car payment another 10k, Household maintenance another 20k

Total almost 60K and she contributes how much? $900? Leaving the guy to contribute the remaining 59K

In this case actually she would be spending the whole salary while the dude picks the total bill of the house and even give her money for maintenance
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 6:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
FXKing2012:

If by now you have not realized the f00lishness in your 0pinion, then you don't deserve to have one. guess you belong to the school of thought "the west is always right"

in your innermost mind, you are really full of "deep seated wisdom"

you are truly a person.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2013
dayokanu:

Their monthly mortgage alone might be 10,000 feeding and entertainment might be another 20,000 car payment another 10k, Household maintenance another 20k

Total almost 60K and she contributes how much? $900? Leaving the guy to contribute the remaining 59K

In this case actually she would be spending the whole salary while the dude picks the total bill of the house and even give her money for maintenance
So long they contributed same percentage of income then they contributed 50/50.

Spousal support doesnt mean the guy gives everything he's got to the woman, he's only gonna give a part of his wealth to support the person who helped him achieve emotional and psychological support when his career could have suffered when he was emotionally and psychologically down.

And let's not forget it goes both ways: women also pay spousal support or alimony if she earns more than the man.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:53pm On Feb 22, 2013
FXKing2012:

Spousal support doesnt mean the guy gives everything he's got to the woman, he's only gonna give a part of his wealth to support the person who helped him achieve emotional and psychological support when his career could have suffered when he was emotionally and psychologically down.

And let's not forget it goes both ways: women also pay spousal support or alimony if she earns more than the man.

This guy is a pure person, mehn! grin grin grin grin grin grin

What proof does this cretin have that her emotional and psychological support did not make his career suffer?

The person assumes the cretinous "emotional and psychological support" he rants about is positive? How come it is not negative?

A pure person! grin grin

50/50 is contributing 95/5. Pure person!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:

Let it go man, it's not about who's right or wrong, but what's right or wrong. By now, even to you, the truth should be obvious. No use digging yourself deeper. Admit your mistake and move on already. Damn!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
fresh_dude: Let it go man, it's not about who's right or wrong, but what's right or wrong. By now, even to you, the truth should be obvious. No use digging yourself deeper. Admit your mistake and move on already. Damn!
I have reason to question your stability.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
fresh_dude: Let it go man, it's not about who's right or wrong, but what's right or wrong. By now, even to you, the truth should be obvious. No use digging yourself deeper. Admit your mistake and move on already. Damn!

He is either one of the two:

1) A product of the Nigerian failed education system where the approach to public education is ("I no go carry last" ) defiance and you exhaust the mentality of "I no go gree. I go hold your cloth. You must kill me today before I gree." to save face when the product's idiocy is exposed.

2) An unfortunate mental patient that our non-existent mental health programme, due to corruption, cannot address. Many of his kind walk the streets of Nigeria without any medication to ease their mental health issues.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2013
FXKing2012:
I have reason to question your stability.
I'm a little confused as to what you mean by stability. But I'll help/humour you:
1. Mental Stability- On point.
2. Penile Stability- Unwavering.
3. Intellectual Stability- Solid as a rock.
4. Financial Stability- Well, improving.
Hope I could help?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 24, 2013
Sagamite:

He is either one of the two:

1) A product of the Nigerian failed education system where the approach to public education is ("I no go carry last" ) defiance and you exhaust the mentality of "I no go gree. I go hold your cloth. You must kill me today before I gree." to save face when the product's idiocy is exposed.

2) An unfortunate mental patient that our non-existent mental health programme, due to corruption, cannot address. Many of his kind walk the streets of Nigeria without any medication to ease their mental health issues.
It's more of one I guess. Nigerians are never wrong even when they are way off the mark. Damn shame.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:36am On Feb 24, 2013
fresh_dude: I'm a little confused as to what you mean by stability. But I'll help/humour you:
1. Mental Stability- On point.
2. Penile Stability- Unwavering.
3. Intellectual Stability- Solid as a rock.
Hope I could help?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 11:13am On Feb 24, 2013
fresh_dude: I'm a little confused as to what you mean by stability.
Now I see where your frustration lies, somehow I knew I had to question your stability.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 1:06pm On Feb 24, 2013
FXKing2012:
Now I see where your frustration lies, somehow I knew I had to question your stability.

And your instability is in the head?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
FXKing2012:
You're hallucinating. I'm far from frustrated. But seeing as you have a problem thinking outside the box I'll leave you to your delusions.

PS: Do you realise that in the 'developed world', the divorce rate would record a steep decline if the laws were reviewed based on Saga's criteria(sane criteria)?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
fresh_dude:
PS: Do you realise that in the 'developed world', the divorce rate would record a steep decline if the laws were reviewed based on Saga's criteria(sane criteria)?
Do you realise that in the 'underdveloped world', women are constantly abused and mistreated in their homes due to the laws that are heavily biased in favour of men?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2013
FXKing2012:
Do you realise that in the 'underdveloped world', women are constantly abused and mistreated in their homes due to the laws that are heavily biased in favour of men?

And stealing from men to pay women is the way to stop the abuse? How has that reduced abuse and women violence in those places?

I would have thought you taking away whatever is yours would be fair in any world and not stealing from the other person

Your skill hardwork and intelligence earns you $2,000 yet you want to be paid $10,000 if thats not Robbery I wonder what is
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
FXKing2012:

And a person like you, in your product of a failed education wisdom, think the solution is to reverse the bias and create a different problem?

Cretin!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 5:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
dayokanu:

And stealing from men to pay women is the way to stop the abuse? How has that reduced abuse and women violence in those places?
The law would make men respect women more and treat them much better than is the case at present.

And it's wrong to say 'stealing from men to pay women' because it goes both ways; the woman also pays if she earns more than the man. The wealthier party settles the less financially bouyant party for support given....has nothing to do with gender.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
FXKing2012:
And in your opinion substituting one form of abuse for another is the solution? The law should favour neither gender, it should be based on justice and equity. How about that?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
Herein lies your problem, it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to think outside the box
FXKing2012:
The law would make men respect women more and treat them much better than is the case at present.
NO. The law should make either sex respect the other. It's just switching one bias for the other with the present system.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 5:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
FXKing2012:

And it's wrong to say 'stealing from men to pay women' because it goes both ways; the woman also pays if she earns more than the man. The wealthier party settles the less financially bouyant party for support given....has nothing to do with gender.

So, according to this person, the law should be made based on the assumption that something is wrong with men and nothing is wrong with women.

That is not the only fucktardism in the approach, it also leaves all men vulnerable to being abused under the law irrespective of being good or bad men.

When I call people fucktards, some on NL would say I am insulting someone.

fresh_dude: Herein lies your problem, it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to think outside

NO. The law should make either sex respect the other. It's just switching one bias for the other with the present system.

Don't mind the moronic person!

It is unfortunate the cretin has a right to vote. Fck democracy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What Do Men Want? / Is It Obligatory To Change Number After Marriage Basically For Women? / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.