Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam (31915 Views)

Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Ikwerefistson: 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
ujoatu: The man is a fraudst*.a chieff is not an eze.no autonomous community he is an impostor lookn for favors
dnt mind d mediocres.no eze in d south east or s s excludng edo state wil ever be a muslim.even d very taugt of it might lead hm loseing d throne.its beter 4dm 2be ocult membes dan islam.rubish

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Is Musa a Muslim or Hausa name?

Are you serious ? Like this is all you've got to say.I remember you posting a thread about the challenges of an ibo muslim and I was expecting you to contrast and compare that with this chief conversion to Islam.common you can do more than this.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
Translation of Suratul Maryam (Chapter of Mary) from the Holy Quran

In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate

1. Kaf- Ha-Ya-'Ain-Sad.

2. This is an account of the mercy of your Lord to His servant Zakariya (Zachariah).

3. When he called out his Lord (Allah) a call in secret,

4. Saying: "My Lord! Indeed my bones have grown feeble, and grey hair has spread on my head, And I have never been unblest in my invocation to You, O my Lord!

5. "And Verily! I fear my relatives after me, since my wife is barren. So give me from Yourself an heir,

6. "Who shall inherit me, and inherit (also) the posterity of Ya'qub (Jacob) (inheritance of the religious knowledge and Prophethood, not the wealth, etc.). And make him, my Lord, one with whom You are Well-pleased!".

7. (Allah said) "O Zakariya (Zachariah)! Verily, We give you the glad tidings of a son, His name will be Yahya (John The Baptist). We have given that name to none before (him)."

8. He said: "My Lord! How can I have a son, when my wife is barren, and I have reached the extreme old age."

9. He said: "So (it will be). Your Lord says; It is easy for Me. Certainly I have created you before, when you had been nothing!"

10. [Zakariya (Zachariah)] said: "My Lord! Appoint for me a sign." He said: "Your sign is that you shall not speak unto mankind for three nights, though having no bodily defect."

11. Then he came out to his people from Al-Mihrab (a praying place or a private room, etc.), he told them by signs to glorify Allah's Praises in the morning and in the afternoon.

12. (It was said to his son): "O Yahya (John The Baptist)! Hold fast the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah)]." And We gave him wisdom while yet a child.

13. And (made him) sympathetic to men as a mercy (or a grant) from Us, and pure from sins [i.e. Yahya (John)] and he was righteous,

14. And dutiful towards his parents, and he was neither an arrogant nor disobedient (to Allah or to his parents).

15. And Salamun (peace) be on him the day he was born, the day he dies, and the day he will be raised up to life (again)!

16. And mention in the Book (the Qur'an, O Muhammad , the story of) Maryam (Mary), when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east.

17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrael (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.

18. She said: "Verily! I seek refuge with the Most Beneficent (Allah) from you, if you do fear Allah."

19. (The angel) said: "I am only a Messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son."

20. She said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"

21. He said: "So (it will be), your Lord said: 'That is easy for Me (Allah): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allah), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allah).' "

22. So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).

23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!"

24. Then [the baby 'Iesa (Jesus)] cried unto her from below her, saying: "Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a water stream under you;

25. "And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you."

26. "So eat and drink and be glad, and if you see any human being, say: 'Verily! I have vowed a fast unto the Most Beneficent (Allah) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.'"

27. Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariya (an unheard mighty thing).

28. "O sister (i.e. the like) of Harun (Aaron) [not the brother of Musa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."

29. Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

30. "He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"

31. "And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salat (prayer), and Zakat, as long as I live."

32. "And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.

33. "And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

34. Such is 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).

35. It befits not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son [this refers to the slander of Christians against Allah, by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allah]. Glorified (and Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). When He decrees a thing, He only says to it, "Be!" and it is.

36. ['Iesa (Jesus) said]: "And verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (Alone). That is the Straight Path. (Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism which He did ordain for all of His Prophets)."

37. Then the sects differed [i.e. the Christians about 'Iesa (Jesus)], so woe unto the disbelievers [those who gave false witness by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allah] from the meeting of a great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection, when they will be thrown in the blazing Fire).

...Read the rest of the chapter from an English Holy Quran translation.

You wanna know what the Holy Quran says about the prophets in the bible, about compulsion in religion, the creation of the Universe, Creation of Man, day of resurrection, about Women (btw, their's a chapter dedicated to Women in the Quran, its called Suratul Nisa), marriage and divorce,about Christains, Jews, and other religions?

There's no better weapon for Christains to have to "fight " the Muslims, than understanding what their holy book (Quran) says. How else can you even defeat your "enemy", if you choose not to understand what his/her holy book says?

Please, pick up an English Quran and at the back there's a comprehensive index on almost any topic that may boggle your mind.

11 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by salt1: 9:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
teniyi:

Can you imagine all form of anti-islam responses? What has happened is a plus to Islam and the unbelievers still make reference to Boko Haram and a funny virgin story formed and promulgated by themselves.
My main point is that, this news is not for the christian to be happy, but it doesn't not mean they should keep pouring their poison out.
And for those who still deny, there are no Igbo Muslims, they live in the past as the population keeps growing, especially in Imo and Ebonyi States.

You said the news will not make Christians happy as if the man ever claimed to be a Christian.
Population of MUslims growing in Ebonyi State? Don't be too sure! I know of a community that has a Muslim school and offers free education provided you agree to convert to Islam. The poor villagers agree to these terms and become temporary Muslims until they finish school, drop Islam and wed in church. There are those who're paid every month to propagate Islam but the villagers generally regard them as mad people. This man may be looking for such a cheap source of income

5 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tintingz(m): 9:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
nagoma:
Now as a Muslim the maximum he can have is four if he can be just to them. As an Igbo chief he could have ten or more or just have a concubine like Ojukwu. The owelle of onitcha and my very own Zik of Africa had 7 wives I was reliably informed.
100+ likes

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tbaba1234: 9:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
So much hate!!

Easy guys, take deep breaths.. feel better now.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by mimifonwon(f): 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
fkaz:
Thus it mean Igbo people known about Islam before Christianity?
.. "this man is confused, second his attributing ALLAh as AlA maybe a deity his ancestors worshiped. And yes islam was in africa before christianity came, but this man is wrong by calling it the religion of his ancestors, - islam and christianity are both borrowed religions, not any of our traditional religions, btw, did you know Allah is a hedonistic diety that mohammed stole from a tribe he conquered, Allah is not the same as the Christian or jewish God, we christian just think so for sake of peace..-you know sometimes old age can be sickness "- by my mom- it cracked me up, but is not wrong to practice another religion just dont use the excuse that it was the religion of your ancestors. I have heard judaic practicing igbos claim they are jewish, now this guy wants to claim his ancestors are muslim, there is nothing i will never hear from my igbo people. I still love yall..muah!!

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
that man must be joking..... slowpoke goat and needs deliverance... idiot
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Reyspin(m): 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
Donmams: That's great news. All non muslims on NL are invited to join the religion of peace! Islam.
Abeg shay Boko haram and al-Qaeda be Muslims #Justasking

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tintingz(m): 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
tbaba1234: So much hate!!

Easy guys, take deep breaths.. feel better now.
we should serve them coffee grin
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by samclet(m): 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
ignis: This is not news. Do you know how many people in the
North who convert to Christianity everyday? Do you
know how many Muslims and Christians who convert to
Hindu in Europe everyday? A lot of people convert to
whatever they like everyday. We encourage it. It would
have been news if the Igbos kill him or attack him
because he converted to Islam. In fact we should give
the Igbos credit for tolarance. If a Muslim Chief convert
to Christianity in Hausa/Fulani land, just imagine what
will happen?
God bless you my broda u ar on d point
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by heisenberg33: 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
fkaz:
Thus it mean Igbo people known about Islam before Christianity?

Reallyyou really believe him that the igbos practiced Islam before Christianity??..If you do then you are one who will believe anything except the truth
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by heisenberg33: 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
ignis: This is not news. Do you know how many people in the
North who convert to Christianity everyday? Do you
know how many Muslims and Christians who convert to
Hindu in Europe everyday? A lot of people convert to
whatever they like everyday. We encourage it. It would
have been news if the Igbos kill him or attack him
because he converted to Islam. In fact we should give
the Igbos credit for tolarance. If a Muslim Chief convert
to Christianity in Hausa/Fulani land, just imagine what
will happen?

Wise statements....
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by abdulkayus(m): 10:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
valicious1:
The information you've supplied is highly irrelevant & of no use. What Nigeria needs from you is to show us where you've hidden your terrorist brothers in your iterior villages & also help in exposing them & facilitate the tremendous growth & development which ur Boko brothers have brought to a standstill in Nigeria. That, my dear Abdulkayus is what we need you to tell us.

because am d one dat create BH, sponsor BH, knw abt dem in my administration abi. Bigot lyk u. If u hav notin better to tel me jus keep shut. And BTW, i was nt even quotin u bt Afam4ever. So, bleep urself up bigot.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Rastamann: 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
This is purely for business!
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by abuhabib(m): 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
tintingz: he is on the right path

yes, ooooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Afam4eva(m): 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Are you serious ? Like this is all you've got to say.I remember you posting a thread about the challenges of an ibo muslim and I was expecting you to contrast and compare that with this chief conversion to Islam.common you can do more than this.
What is wrong with asking an honest question? I've always thought Musa was an Hausa name and that the Chief must have made a mistake in adopting an hausa name rather than a Muslim one.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 12, 2013
Alhamdulillahi Rabili Alamin.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:26pm On Jan 12, 2013
Igbos are Pagans before christianity and some even now. this Ruler needs to learn his own history.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tintingz(m): 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
What is wrong with asking an honest question? I've always thought Musa was an Hausa name and that the Chief must have made a mistake in adopting an hausa name rather than a Muslim one.
lol...so you dont know that Musa is Moses (in Arabic)? damit!
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by rushda29: 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
:-) And truth stands out from falsehood.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tbaba1234: 10:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
For those that are interested; here is a translated copy of the Quran in PDF

Pdf copy: http://asadullahali.files./2010/09/the_quran.pdf

Salam (peace).

3 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Validated: 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
grin ;DNo issues, as long as he is sure of his final destination. He should ask where his prophet is though
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Bambela(m): 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
Laghing in chinese style; Papa I trust you. When you get what you want let us know please. Igboman sense

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by rushda29: 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Igbos are Pagans before christianity and some even now. this Ruler needs to learn his own history.

I think he was talking about Adam when he said forefathers.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by manny4life(m): 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
Damn, this man is sure a disgrace to everything he stands for..
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by mbhs139(m): 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
The belief that mankind will rise from the grave, an integral part of the three Abrahamic faiths Islam, Christianity, and Judaism, is not just a myth or wishful thinking but is based on real scientific principles. Rising up from the grave and coming back alive can happen simply with the reversal of time.

"When we are dead and have become dust and bones, Shall then we indeed be raised again?" (Qur'an 56:47)

"Man thinks that, We shall not assemble his bones, Yes truly! We are able to restore his very fingers!" (Qur'an 75:3-4)

Many verses in the Qur'an describe the future of the universe and The Day of Judgment.

"We warn you of doom at hand. A day when a man will look on that his own hand has sent before, And the non-believers will cry: "Wish that we were dust."" (Qur'an 78:40)

"The earth with the mountains shall be lifted and crushed with one crash." (Qur'an 69:14)

"A day when the heaven with the clouds will be rent asunder, And the angels will be sent down, a grand descent." (Quran:25:25)

"...And We gather them together, as to leave not one of them behind." (Qur'an18:47)

8 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Dawdy(m): 10:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
Alhamdulillah for Him! May Allah never mislead Him and Us, afte He has guided Us!Ameen.

5 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by rushda29: 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Horo:

Ur end will by His special grace be worst and u will roast in hell fire for internity for u to mock a whole holy prophet,u shall never know peace till u die a miserable death wicked barring woman very stupid and arrogant lady u shall forever have no peace
PAGAN 9JA:

I think he was talking about Adam when he said forefathers. And even though you don't hold the same faith as muslims, you need to respect our prophet. Allah told us not to insult others gods so they won't insult Allah. So please be respectful to our prophet. And also, try to find out the teachings of Islam. You can't base your knowledge on what you see in the media.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by rushda29: 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Horo:

[quote author=PAGAN 9JA]Igbos are Pagans before christianity and some even now. this Ruler needs to learn his own history.

And even though you don't hold the same faith as muslims, you need to respect our prophet. Allah told us not to insult others gods so they won't insult Allah. So please be respectful to our prophet. And also, try to find out the teachings of Islam. You can't base your knowledge on what you see in the media.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
rushda29:

I think he was talking about Adam when he said forefathers. And even though you don't hold the same faith as muslims, you need to respect our prophet. Allah told us not to insult others gods so they won't insult Allah. So please be respectful to our prophet. And also, try to find out the teachings of Islam. You can't base your knowledge on what you see in the media.

please shut up. i respect the Pagan Creator God ALlah and his 3 daughters Al LAt, Al Uzza and MAnat, but i dont respect your prophet muhammadu. your prophet killed so many of my Pagan Tribal brothers aand sisters in Arabia, destroyed and looted our shrines and idols and even brought havoc here in Nigeria. he insulted our Gods and called them deaf and dumb , when clearly a SPiritual force cannot exhibit such human characteristics.

YOU FIRST LEARN ABOUT OUR RELIGIONS, THEN WE WILL TASTE YOURS! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Crowds Visit Lagos Mosque For Apparitions Of Clerics / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / Importance of Ayatul Kursi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.