Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,001 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam (31979 Views)

Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by fkaz(m): 8:01am On Jan 12, 2013
Vice Chairman of the Council of Village Heads in Imo State, Chief Sylvester O. Dimunah, has said he accepted Islam due to the truthful nature of the religion and the steadfastness of Muslims.
Speaking when he visited Media Trust Office yesterday in Abuja, the traditional ruler whose name is now Musa Dimunah, said he was particularly influenced by the good nature of the former secretary of the council and the executive secretary of Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research, Malam Ibrahim BioboNlomije.

“I did not accept Islam, I only revert to the religion that our forefathers practice and the universal religion of humanity. I’m impressed by the good nature of Muslims’ love for everybody and hatred for none apart from the way they revere Allah and all the Prophets without discrimination.

“I am also impressed by the brotherhood and mutual respect for each other and other members of the community,” he said.

He also said he was not under any pressure to drop his old name for becoming a Muslim and that his children and other family members did not oppose his being a Muslim.
http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11799:why-i-accepted-islam-imo-traditional-ruler&catid=40:cover-stories&Itemid=26

47 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by ignis: 8:11am On Jan 12, 2013
This is not news. Do you know how many people in the
North who convert to Christianity everyday? Do you
know how many Muslims and Christians who convert to
Hindu in Europe everyday? A lot of people convert to
whatever they like everyday. We encourage it. It would
have been news if the Igbos kill him or attack him
because he converted to Islam. In fact we should give
the Igbos credit for tolarance. If a Muslim Chief convert
to Christianity in Hausa/Fulani land, just imagine what
will happen?

139 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by fkaz(m): 8:14am On Jan 12, 2013
[quote author]
“I did not accept Islam, I only revert to the religion that our forefathers practice and the universal religion of humanity.[/quote]
Thus it mean Igbo people known about Islam before Christianity?

10 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2013
He wants to marry more wives...

30 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tintingz(m): 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
he is on the right path

47 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Ganys: 7:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
Hmmmm....So, this thread is not on the front page yet,im sure it could have made front pge if it were to be topics like the following:
PICTURE OF OMOTOLA EATTING POPCORN AT IYANA IPAJA embarassed
DBANJ HISS AT DON_JASSY AT BISI KOMOLAFE BURIAL undecided
TONTO DIKE EXPLODED: MY VIRGINITY IS STILL INTACT shocked shocked shocked
PICTURE OF RAMSEY NOAH HAWKING GALA BACK IN THE DAYS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Sometimes, Nairaland dey fvckup

23 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Donsammi(m): 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
not my state chief ......chai thinkinq abt 72 virqnis.........

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Goldenheart(m): 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
He looks like he is been blackmailed.....

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
what does it matter if Nigerian Rulers keep skipping from xtianity to islam and back. @ the end of the day, all that matters is that they still follow Traditional Pagan Religion.

look atleast the ruler didnt change his last name.

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2013
Whoever Allah guides no one can misguide,truth stands is clear,remaining my father to revert insha Allah my father will not die a keferi amen.

79 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2013
RUBBISHH. THIS IS WHAT WE GET BY HAVING CONFUSED PEOPLE AS OUR LEADERS. SMH

4 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by ahmadgulam(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
ignis: This is not news. Do you know how many people in the
will happen?
will happen?
will happen?
are u a undecidedlearner? is ppl lyk u dat r causin religous intolerance in d country.

12 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by 13volts(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rise of convert Islam in Europe » GetReligion 18 Sep 2007 ... Rise of convert Islam in Europe . Posted by dpulliam. Share. islam in europe Tucked away in the ...
www.getreligion.org/2007/09/the-rise-...

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by 13volts(m): 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2013
English 5 Jan 2011 ... British university report concludes number of converts has nearly doubled in the last decade to about ...
www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2011/01...

Europeans Increasingly Converting to Islam :: Gatestone Institute 27 Jan 2012 ... Irish actor Liam Neeson says he is thinking about becoming a Muslim after undergoing a spiritual ...
www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2790/europ...

5 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by 13volts(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2013
Learn more about Islam here
http://www.islam.com
http://www.islam-online.com
http://www.islamicity.com
http://www.islamqa.com

For a complete Translation of the Holy Quran ( The Last Testament ) in any Major Language
http://www.qurandownload.com

7 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by nairalady(f): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2013
Ganys: Hmmmm....So, this thread is not on the front page yet,im sure it could have made front pge if it were to be topics like the following:
PICTURE OF RAMSEY NOAH HAWKING GALA BACK IN THE DAYS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by LaBonito(f): 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
IMO 419 2 another level. He knows wat he's doing.

6 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Koolface4u: 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
fkaz: Vice Chairman of the Council of Village Heads in Imo State, Chief Sylvester O. Dimunah, has said he accepted Islam due to the truthful nature of the religion and the steadfastness of Muslims.
Speaking when he visited Media Trust Office yesterday in Abuja, the traditional ruler whose name is now Musa Dimunah, said he was particularly influenced by the good nature of the former secretary of the council and the executive secretary of Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research, Malam Ibrahim BioboNlomije.

“I did not accept Islam, I only revert to the religion that our forefathers practice and the universal religion of humanity. I’m impressed by the good nature of Muslims’ love for everybody and hatred for none apart from the way they revere Allah and all the Prophets without discrimination.

“I am also impressed by the brotherhood and mutual respect for each other and other members of the community,” he said.

He also said he was not under any pressure to drop his old name for becoming a Muslim and that his children and other family members did not oppose his being a Muslim. Another BOKO MEMBER ON D RUN. IGBO PEOPLE BEWARE! What number i even carry self?
http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11799:why-i-accepted-islam-imo-traditional-ruler&catid=40:cover-stories&Itemid=26
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Donmams(m): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
That's great news. All non muslims on NL are invited to join the religion of peace! Islam.

35 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
Interesting tori Alhaji Musa cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by baynix(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2013
Ganys: Hmmmm....So, this thread is not on the front page yet,im sure it could have made front pge if it were to be topics like the following:

Now wey e don enter front page nko?? :|

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by sulaimon99(m): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2013
uplawal: Whoever Allah guides no one can misguide,truth stands is clear,remaining my father to revert insha Allah my father will not die a keferi amen.
amin ,and my father,mother,brother,sistas and d whole muslim ummah

8 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Pacesetter2: 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2013
tintingz: he is on the right path

No on left path...so dumb

4 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by ujoatu(m): 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
The man is a fraudst*.a chieff is not an eze.no autonomous community he is an impostor lookn for favors

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by free2ryhme: 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
ok ooo we've heard .. on to the next one

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by bright007(f): 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
[size=30pt]This man has just been brainwashed!He must have giving in on imagining pleasure with 72 virgins![/size]

7 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by free2ryhme: 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
Pace$etter:

No on left path...so dumb

try yaba left e make sense

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Afam4eva(m): 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
Is Musa a Muslim or Hausa name?
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by TableLeg(m): 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
Kamsy10: RUBBISHH. THIS IS WHAT WE GET BY HAVING CONFUSED PEOPLE AS OUR LEADERS. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers / Crowds Visit Lagos Mosque For Apparitions Of Clerics / Importance of Ayatul Kursi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.